Bases for Istvaan V?

I would like to make some Istvaan  V bases for my fledgling Iron Warriors army. I've been searching the HH books trying to find some descriptions of the terrain where the massacre took place to get some ideas but am coming up dry. Does anyone know where I could find a good description to get me started? I know this is probably needless detail, but I'm going all out with this army getting the correct marks of armour, painting to the best of my ability, etc. so I'm going to try my best to do it right!  Thanks!

I can't remember the sources, but I remember being rather disappointed that every description I've read is of the Urgal Depression being a barren valley of black sand. 

Of course you can always break that up by including bits of dead loyalists on every base and a liberal application of Blood For The Blood God. 

Ah monolith,

That's pretty much the process I worked out!

Only difference is I went with adeptus battle grey for base and went over a drybrush of codex grey.

A few bits of your spare vehicle sprues, bits and bobs from scenery kit and your golden.

Il put a pic up of some tomorrow if you'd like.

I also weathered my guys fairly heavy to match in

Forgeworld also build two Istvaan 5 Boards.

The old one is desert like:

blogger-image--1638027869.jpg

The new one is a bit darker:

http://www.spikeybits.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/DSC_0305.jpg

Archived