Renamed - Warhead01 and the Horus Heresy

I finished reading Unforgiven today. Seems I was just two short chapters from the end and didn't know it. haha. 
I found the Praetor to lead my "army" and am as always struggling to find a name for him. I'm thinking I want to use a name known to the Dark Angels in 40K as a traitor. It has to be a Terrain commander. I like the way the stories shot the fall from nobility and every good fallen needs to start some where. Although that might not work very well.
Grey linings Heavy weapon guys.

Looks like I have to change some of my earlier plans. I had planned to attach Apothecaries to my Terminator squads but if I understand the changes correctly this is not allowed. 
I'm thinking about a second full tactical squad now. So that's my goal for next week. That and to get a few more Jet bikes built.  The Terminators are still wip as is the rest, I have to set up their combi weapons still.  My new Praetor is on the way! I paid too much but oh well. with the rumors of a new HH boxed game in November I'm going to try to set some money aside for two, guessing they'll be the same price as the last one. 

Anyone have any info about the Fire wing? 

Chapter Master Astellan is quite the curious character. I really hope to find out much more about him. I finished listening to Angels of Caliban. Probably the best one yet.  The First Legion is Savage. I'd argue they're more savage than the Sixth Legion. It would be a close race for the tittle for sure. I'm pleased as can be that the First are much how I have always though they were. Excessive to the extreme? Maybe. I'm fascinated to find out more about Luther laughing as Abaddon.  Just brilliant. 

I may have found a way to add some green color to my marines. Sounds like they added it to the shoulder plate. And I have that next tactical squad to paint.. Maybe.

Putting primer on 5 of 9 Jet bikes. Still have the last 4 to build. 3 of those will be multi-meltas.
Not sure when I'll have pictures again...Expecting difficulties due to Steam doing lord knows what and eating my months internet in....less than three hours. 

I took a brake for a few days. My newest Warboss arrived from Ebay land. Had to do it. WLK needs more monsters to slay. 
If you want to see it, it's on my blog.
It looks like the jetbikes have some post issues. I'll have to get the holes drilled out or pin them very well. I have some copper rod in the shop I could maybe use. I've benn thinking about putting them on the new odd shaped cav bases. 
I finally got paid for a commission I did, that's been done for over a month now. Now I have to try not to spend it. I''m plotting to keep 150.00 set aside for Novembers next HH boxed game. If rumors be true. 

I spent most of yesterday reading and then rereading the Dreadnought Droppod posts. Words fail me. 
I really want to go on a rant about it and the misinformation I have read. But again...words fail me. 
For all I have read on the internet about how balanced 30K is vs 40K I find it very laughable.

I'm really tempted to buy 10 more Terminators. 

4 more jetbikes to assemble. 
3 multi melta, 1 Sgt.

Update. Not much done at all. One Jet bike built still not built the rider. Ah well. 
This morning I jumped into AoS. No more HH fund for now. No big deal there, I wasn't planning to buy anything else until November I guess. Plenty of time to refill the warchest.
Unexpectedly my Praetor arrived in the post today. I was just starting to regret having bought him. Picture to come. I'm sure He'll be painted before I go to bed tonight. I took a before picture. He's still in the blister pack. 
My next purchase is going to be a new digi-cam. 

Then I'm going to get to work on Ebay. I have so much I no longer want. (See refilling the warchest above)

I do hope there's a new HH boxed game as rumored. November would be the right time of year for one, just before ll the holidays. 
If all goes well there will be an update with pictures early tomorrow morning.

Our story continues.

With a little model that arrived today.

med_gallery_3442_11943_37584.jpg

Proof it's the read deal?
gallery_3442_11943_3546.jpggallery_3442_11943_48455.jpggallery_3442_11943_930.jpg

I really enjoyed painting the head and face.
med_gallery_3442_11943_86493.jpg

med_gallery_3442_11943_10075.jpg

med_gallery_3442_11943_31789.jpg

med_gallery_3442_11943_80514.jpgmed_gallery_3442_11943_19574.jpg

I know it's a little silly to post so many pictures of a still unfinished model.
I'm just that excited to have gotten this far in only a few hours.
I am going to texture the base this evening and should be able to get back to this mini tomorrow afternoon some time.

Thanks for looking.

"Compare your life to mine and leak saltwater meatbag" - Bender

Setting the Mood.

https://youtu.be/Mt8Dt9rXl3I

Spent Friday evening working on  few more Legionaries. Clipping bitz into bags plotting and planning. 
The end result is another Sgt model and all the terminators have twin bolters. 
All of this while watching Excalibur. One of my Favorite movies. 

The full soundtrack for further mood setting.
https://youtu.be/qoa1PhsWrbA

Update-ish.

3 jet bikes left to build. All the Legionaries are as far along as the ones I've posted pictures of already. Next color to be added is red eye lenses. Looking to use a dirty bone color for the cloth bits which should resemble the Terminator picture I've seen, Forgeworld art. Might go with more of a light grey than the bone, which will match the hood of the first models on page one of this thread.
Finished Talon of Horus yesterday. Looking forward to the next one!

My plan is to take three Vindicators from my Space wolves as well as the droppods and rhinos. I'm going to sell the Wolves but in small lots so I don't get robbed. I have hd my fun with them an now it's time for them to go. 
I'm still thinking about another full unit of Terminators. But I haven't tried to fit them in anywhere.

Finally working on the last three Jet bikers. they halfway between built and primed. Just had to put the arms and shoulder plates on them still. I'd hoped to be done before my AoS models arrived But the Savages arrived this morning! They're so sneaky. Trying to get the jet bikers ready for paint by this evening, getting further along than that would be better.

Updatei-sh-thing...
It's been a productive Friday. Painting on the black. the jet bikers are starting to look nice. I'll have to take a drill bit to a few of them they weren't all cast very well but I guess that's how it goes when you buys resin. Hope to feel up to working on them more this evening. I woke up a 0300 for no I don't know what reason. I've been waking at strange hours recently. 
I'm probably going to work on some Aos pig riders, I want to get them built for painting. I'm becoming tired of building models it's become the part of the hobby I enjoy the least.

And there's no end in sight! I'm going to try to get out of the house on Sunday to go watch a game. Maybe.

My small collection will be ready for battle this month! ( I'm referring to the First Legion not he AoS stuff )
Well, that is except for the looted transports and Vindactor tanks.

Pictures soon.

Ill have you know WLK I am designing my Magnum Opus in  terms of a 775th armored list 

I want to drive over word bearer corpses  and beat HQs to death with a servo wrench 

Your on the opposite side of the country, Templar, I feel your servo wrench will be unbloodied. 

I used to live up there. in Lacy Olympia. That's where I started this madness known as 40K. I sometimes wish I was able to keep up with my friends from back then but I've never been able to find them on line.  We used to bet out mini's from Olympic cards and Comics. I've heard from an Army buddy that they moved to a new location and he built all their custom shelves for the store.  

Another update. looks like I still have to bring the Contemptors and Leviathan up to speed as well. the jet bikes are coming along 3 more to add the black paint too. 
I may have found a new digi cam to buy, which I could really use.

• 2 weeks later...

med_gallery_3442_11943_30983.jpg

wip but table ready enough for a game.
I still have to find some weapons for them but that's down the road a little.
I am thinking about a counts as Lightning but no rush to build it.
I'm also thinking about a Predator squadron as well. I'm trying to pick models I can use from my other armies. Then just 30K them out. I'm thinking Magma-Meltas.

Sure! but so is a large blast multi-melta!  
Granted it's got a shorter range. 
"War Crimes in the Age of Darkness" 
It's the theme of my army. lol

Speaking of Plasma. Should I bring that fortification? ....never mind. too much terrain to be useful. Haha.

Edited by uberwolve

My list for Saturdays game. A poor summery any way. 

First Legion Dark Angels 5009 points
RoW - Pride of the Legion

Praetor &

Terminator Command Squad (482)

Cataphracti TDA + Combi weapon + Master crafted Thunder hammer + grenade harness 

4 strong body guard. 1 heavy flamer 3 with Lightning claws.
Centurion (127)
Chaplin, Terranic Greatsword, and some stuff
Centurion (130)
Primus Medicade, Catiphracti TDA, Chainfist and combi bolter
Tactical squad (330)

20 strong, Stowds and stuff

Tactical Support Squad (275)

10 strong Choom!

Veteran Squad (405)

strong, missils and some power swords

Veteran Squad (405)

Same as above

Terminator Squad (255)

6 strong Heavy flamer lightning claws combi bolters

Terminator Squad (410)

10 strong 2X plasma blasters lightning claws, combi bolters

Apothhecaarion detachment (120)

power swords, scanners 2+ save

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (445)

2 strong, Heavy Conversion beamer, Power fist. 2X big twin Choom! 

Techmarine Covenant (285)

3X Conversion beamers, bolters, rad grenades 

Legion Jetbike Sky hunter Squadron (475)

9 strong 3 Multi-Meltas 6 heavy bolters, Asid rounds, melta bombs fancy sword for Sgt.

Legion Heavy Support Squad (190)

6 strong Heavy bolters with acid ammo (one guys a proxy)

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (360)

Demolisher cannons

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought (315)

Storm cannon Phosphex and ceramite