Renamed - Warhead01 and the Horus Heresy

Have you got any heresy era tanks form which you have not used the lascannon sponsons.

Thy may be a bot "long" but could use these and put the under arm like the new FW kits or the autcannons. rotate the barrel 180 gegrees for a slightly better look. Use the bottom half of bolt guns as the grip & trigger mechanism?

NL sarge looks good :tu:

Sadly I own no heresy era tanks at all. I need to fix that.  Part of my not having any is because of my lack of constant enthusiasm with 30K.
Insert barely passable excuse here.  Haha.

Looks great. I just think you should add a colour or two to your palette, they look a bit bland right now.

I'm not ready to add another color. I have to get the last few models built and the same as these first. well. I want to get them the same as these first anyway. 

I feel it will help me stay consistent when I do  add other colors. 

This whole project is likely to be dark and flat, if I can fine find Matte colors. But I haven't started to look for that yet. 

WLK as made an offer to trade a few more Contemptor Dreads to me, I think from his Raven Guard. I know he's mentioned parting with his Raven Guard so maybe there's a bit more I can trade for. 

I have to get the last few models built and the same as these first. well. I want to get them the same as these first anyway. 

I feel it will help me stay consistent when I do  add other colors. 

Wow, respectable. I wish I could stay that consistent with my projects too.

Question.

What do you consider the best or most practical Heavy weapon for a Legion Heavy weapons squad?  
I have 10 heavy bolters but I'm looking for another possibly stronger option. I'm tempted with Lascannons or maybe Plasma canons or even a full unit of Missile Launchers. 
What do you think?

Opinions please!

• 3 weeks later...

I found some dark blue paints. Apple Barrel 21484E - Admiral Blue and 20773E English Navy. Both are Matte finish. My wife found them for me yesterday so it was a blind choice in a way but I like them so far and I've got a test run "done" to see how they turn out. I washed them on over the black areas of the power armour then went back for a thicker coat after seeingthe consistency and the color change due to drying. I used them in the order I listed above, the first ad the base and the second as a layer but not for full coverage more like spots where I wanted the light to hit the armour. this morning I gave the armour a black paint wash using the Matte Black to darken and dull down the colors. it still seems like it has a purple tent to me, but I think it works so far.

med_gallery_3442_11943_250714.jpg
It's a start.

• 3 months later...

On line.++++++++++++

Reboot program++++++++++++++++++++

Update in progress +++++++++

Update. 
Inspiration seems to be returning. I just ordered some new models which will arrive in a week or so. 4 MKIII squads and 2 Tartaros Terminator squads. And Lord Cypher.

I have a box of models I still have not assembled as well. Things are in motion now. Resources committed. 

With some planning and some luck I will do weekly updates here. I just need to complete one unit each week a goal I should be able to reach. 

Transmission ends++++++++++++++ 

I love the way you do faces.... it “weathers” the marines in such a way that makes me believe they are venerable warriors and not fresh off the assembly line new recruits!

Thanks you.

So because of what you said I did this.

med_gallery_3442_11943_573714.jpgmed_gallery_3442_11943_91860.jpgmed_gallery_3442_11943_14471.jpg

The skin isn't as dark as I was trying for but nothings set in stone. I think I like this better than a helmet. I think he's actually a bit more grubby in person than in the pictures.

still have to dot the eyes and a bit more. I wanted my champion to be extremely old. Winning more threw experience than strength.

His sword is junk, bent and miscast. I'll be replacing everything past his hands. Once I find a sword I like. I may hang his helmet on his belt.

Update.

Not a lot of progress after my last post. The Leviathan is build based and primed. so is a master of signal, which is a ridicules models for a character/hero. My ebay Order is waiting for me at the post office. It arrived 3 days faster that predicted.  

I had planned to get more models built and painted but have been busy.  

Here's some pictures. Proof of progress.

med_gallery_3442_11943_79449.jpg

med_gallery_3442_11943_70462.jpg

"Cypher I knew you'd come! "

med_gallery_3442_11943_111746.jpg

Proxy for Sair Luther or some one else. I know I read there were no plans for a Luther model. The MK III's will be Veteran squads tooled for knightly close combat. I'll still need a lot of bitz I don't have to finish them all but I have a plan forming.
I have to decide what to do with the Tartaros Terminators. I don't know anything about them yet. I'll probably want to look for Combi weapons or something for them.
The collection started troop heavy but I feel it's elite heavy now. I'm looking forward to painting Cypher.

I managed to pain a bit more yesterday evening!

Cypher progress.

gallery_3442_11943_71839.jpgmed_gallery_3442_11943_526.jpg

The Green is to note units that are from Caliban. As awkward as it might sound my planned "veteran squad" will be from knights of the Order. They have earned their place among the Legion and are out to earn their glory. I am still working out my plans for all the MK III kits that just came in and wishing I had them as MK II kits, which is to be remembered the next time I order anything for the Legion, proper First Legion veterans. But this does start the thematic divide. Might even mark a squad of Terminators with the green as well. I don't know if there were any of Caliban origin that early in the time line. Only planning a small amount of units with the green markings. I feel less is more and this is suppose to be before all the resentment really sets in.
Thanks for looking.

Probably.

The advantage, of Tartaros is that you can carry out a sweeping advance if you win and break the opponent.

Also depends what you want to assault, as to how you will arm them....

Update.

med_gallery_3442_11943_115741.jpg

This models was so frustrating. I don't think I will buy another. I's a knockoff. So I didn't have high expectations but this seemed ridicules to me.

Broken tracks, warped resin. Just no fun to build at all. at least all the parts were there to build it.
I guess I was a little spoiled until now. any knockoffs I've gotten over ebay were just better, except for the DKoK death riders. the horses were brittle and a lot of them had broken legs.

That's enough of a rant.

Looking forward to putting some paint on it.

med_gallery_3442_11943_18241.jpg

Reaper Auto-Cannon wip.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Turned out better than I had expected.

med_gallery_3442_11943_16966.jpgmed_gallery_3442_11943_28098.jpg

I've only done the one so far. Thinking about one more.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

gallery_3442_11943_79598.jpg

med_gallery_3442_11943_88696.jpg

More color now.

Edited by Warhead01

wip. Legion Centurion

This would be near the introduction of the knights of the Order into the Legion. One of the first handful to progress up the hierarchy.

Awarded the distinction of the winged helm for valorous action in battle.

med_gallery_3442_11943_85325.jpg

JKC (WKL) was bugging me about using these wing bitz on a model, so here we are.

I like the look but wasn't ready to make a member of the Order a Praetor of the Legion just yet.