The Blood Revenants (WIP): 1k list help

Damon Nightman

No no, when I meant that, I meant because he first few thousand years of the imperium saw the most drastic change. M31 was drastically different than M32, but M41 was pretty close to M38

I mean, your idea works.

Edited by Arkangilos

No no, when I meant that, I meant because he first few thousand years of the imperium saw the most drastic change. M31 was drastically different than M32, but M41 was pretty close to M38

I mean, your idea works.

Yeah, i get what you mean. I'll work out exact time frames later, for now i'll just say a millennium. 

Cool stuff!

I feel like I should contribute something . . . Well if they're old school marines from just after the heresy, that opens up some cool options if you wanted to play them with 30k rules . . . I don't know I'm just winging it. You could certainly justify a contemptor if you wanted to.

Thanks! Yup, I'm using it as an excuse, not that I need one, to have 30k stuff.

Just finished my 4th game in 7th edition and got my first win! All 1k points, first against space marines with grav cents(ouch) not a great first experience, 2nd against csm, 3rd was orks. Now I just won against demons!

Is this a sign that i should go with the Daemon-banes name?

Just updated the OP to add some more to the history, name, and chapter icon sections. Also, made things look a little better!

Edited by Brother Lemartes

Pics of my first Chaplain with Valor's Edge and my first tac squad ever painted, well mostly painted. Some more details i need to finish/touch up and i haven't switched them to my new paint scheme. I started them when i was still thinking Blood Angels. 

Let me know what ya think!

http://imgur.com/a/wEwJT

don't know how to post images yet, so hope just the link is okay.

I figured it out! Is making an album and uploading images there the best way?

image1

image2

image5

image4

image3

That's what I do, but I'm also new here, so I'm not sure if it's best. The models look good, though!

If you really like Demonbanes, then just call yourself that. No one can stop you. If that's what gets you into your army then that's the right choice!

That's what I do, but I'm also new here, so I'm not sure if it's best. The models look good, though!

If you really like Demonbanes, then just call yourself that. No one can stop you. If that's what gets you into your army then that's the right choice!

Thanks man, these are some of the first models I've ever painted. I know they need some finishing up, but I'm very happy with them so far. Will try to post more pics soon. I really liked that chaplain I made despite not having a skull helm and wanted to show him off!

Thanks for the input on the name too, I know it's ultimately my choice. I just want some more input on the Revenant names I updated in the op before I make a final decision.

Looking great dude. I like the chappy!

If you're looking for some tips on painting the forums here are ace!

But for technique and use of paint the GW videos are surprisingly solid too, watch the basic overview for each type of paint, plus they have some BA specific videos too that will help out.

The BA painting guide book was quite nifty too :)

I think the revenant based names don't flow very well (which, obviously, is quite subjective, but I do a lot of public speaking so I pay attention to things like that).  I think the idea behind the names is cool, and could be incorporated still into the chapter even if you go with Daemonbanes.  So, for example, you could say your chapter master earned the nickname "The Revenant" and call him that.  You could also say that, as your chapter lost battle brothers after returning and replaced them, the newer recruits came to call the vets of the first company The Revenants since they would have been the last survivors of the ordeal.  

Awesome idea man! The main reason I'm asking is because I feel like the Revenant names don't seem to "flow" well even though I like the idea. It's making it so hard for me lol. Your public speaking background makes you a prime candidate in my opinion to say what seems to flow well.

Angels Revenant flows the best, but is obviously taken. Revenant Angels is second best imo, but still doesn't seem to flow as well. Revenant doesn't work, but Revenants sounds a little better, but idk.

Still gonna hopefully wait for some more feedback, but probably going to go with your idea of the first company being the Revenants and having the Marines that survived the warp going directly to 1st company

Looking great dude. I like the chappy!

If you're looking for some tips on painting the forums here are ace!

But for technique and use of paint the GW videos are surprisingly solid too, watch the basic overview for each type of paint, plus they have some BA specific videos too that will help out.

The BA painting guide book was quite nifty too :)

Thanks for the help! I still have the chaplain pinned up and not in the perfect pose in the pics, but I still like him a lot.

Tyriks

Awesome idea man! The main reason I'm asking is because I feel like the Revenant names don't seem to "flow" well even though I like the idea. It's making it so hard for me lol. Your public speaking background makes you a prime candidate in my opinion to say what seems to flow well.

Angels Revenant flows the best, but is obviously taken. Revenant Angels is second best imo, but still doesn't seem to flow as well. Revenant doesn't work, but Revenants sounds a little better, but idk.

Still gonna hopefully wait for some more feedback, but probably going to go with your idea of the first company being the Revenants and having the Marines that survived the warp going directly to 1st company

If you are set on Revenant:

Blood Revenants

Revenants of Blood

Lord Revenants (Actually, Lord Revenant could also be the title of your Chapter Master).

Gore Revenants 

The Revenant Angels

Angels of the Revenant

Revenant Saviors

Edited by Arkangilos

I feel like you keep looking back at this thread Arkangilos and thinking "this guy still hasn't picked a name yet?" Lol. I'm very indecisive if you can't tell haha.

Thanks for all the help though!!! Really appreciate the help! Love the Lord Revenant name for my chapter master! Like the other names as well, Revenant Angels is growing on me a bit...

Blood Revenants

Revenants of Blood

Lord Revenants (Actually, Lord Revenant could also be the title of your Chapter Master).

Gore Revenants

The Revenant Angels

Angels of the Revenant

Revenant Saviors

I though about it and Blood Revenants is really growing on me. I originally wanted to avoid blood in the name because I don't like the "vampire" aspects of the BA, but that name just sounds right! Thanks so much guys for the help! Still gonna think about it a bit more, but I think we have a winner!

Other suggestions are still very welcome though! Not just for name either, chapter badge, color scheme, and history could all still use some work too. All the input I can get is great! Op is fully updated besides the Blood Revenant name!

Blood Revenants

Revenants of Blood

Gore Revenants

The Revenant Angels

Angels of the Revenant

Revenant Saviors

I though about it and Blood Revenants is really growing on me. I originally wanted to avoid blood in the name because I don't like the "vampire" aspects of the BA, but that name just sounds right! Thanks so much guys for the help! Still gonna think about it a bit more, but I think we have a winner!

Other suggestions are still very welcome though! Not just for name either, chapter badge, color scheme, and history could all still use some work too. All the input I can get is great! Op is fully updated besides the Blood Revenant name!

You don't like one of the core aspects of our gene line???? :o

Also, I just noticed, but the black rage doesn't cancel the red thirst. That's one of the reason they kill people who fall to it, because the red thirst is soon to follow.

And I would avoid going against the codex. There really isn't a reason to.

Even the flesh tearers, who HATED the split ended up becoming codex adherent. Not only that, but with the thirst and the rage they will almost never be full strength.

You can still have two successor chapters that spend time together on occasions, but they should (in my opinion) not be the same.

Edited by Arkangilos

In the Lemartes short story he either says the thirst goes away after the rage takes over or that another chaplain gave in to the rage to avoid the thirst and Lemartes thought he was weak for doing so. I think it's called Lemartes Gurdian of the lost. I may have misread but that was definitely my interpretation. I think the fluff has changed so much as to what the red thirst and black rage actually are over the years that the authors don't really know anymore? Idk.

And don't get me wrong, I like how we have to fight against our flaws, but I do not like when we are called vampires. My interpretation is that no blood angel wants to drink blood ever, but succumbs to it on occasion. Vampires willfully do it and need to to survive o guess. I just don't like when my buddies say I play space vampires because the BA are sooo much more than that to me.

Yeah they will abide by the codex, but aren't happy about it at first. They are kinda indifferent, my chapter just wants to keep hunting traitors, so as long as they can do that, they are cool.

Def going to modify/ change the two chapter part. I'm just trying to leave it open so I can switch to a different paint scheme when I get tired of this one lol. And I like the idea of 2 chapters working closely together, so they are not "stuck" to the 1000man limit. This isn't going to be worked on anytime soon, but just setting it up for a few years down the road.

Yeah, I always go with codex over story when it comes to fluff, but I guess there is nothing stopping you from doing the reverse.

Vampire's don't necessarily do it willingly, either. It's a thirst, and some vampires also think it's a curse. But we've been called vampires for as long as I can remember. I was too young for second edition, but third edition, Blood Quest comics, etc all had us named as vampires. It was mostly a name others called us, like, "some would even say... Vampire!" But it has been a central core to our theme.

Basically, they are vampires by definition, but Angels by spirit, so it's a huge curse l.

Edited by Arkangilos

I get what you mean, but technically I would say they are not vampires, just share one common trait of drinking blood. They don't turn into bats or the other stuff like no reflection in a mirror. I know I'm wrong and they are pretty much ment to be space vampires in a way, but I personally don't think drinking blood makes someone a vampire entirely, just have one common trait with them. This is what I tell myself to justify it lol (not that it needs to be justified)

Regardless, I like the name Blood Revenants and will most likely stick with it.

Well you know where the Blood Angels got their name, right? Sanguinius was found by the tribe of pure bloods, who called themselves the tribes of the Blood (being pure), so the Blood Angels were the Angels of The Blood (which brings us to Blood Angels).

So the Blood Revenants are those who were lost in the warp (and so thought dead) but came back from the "Dead", thereby making them Revenants of The Blood, or Blood Revenants ;)

You sold me, I'm sticking with Blood Revenants. It's an awesome name and has that ominous feel too it which is what I was looking for! Thanks so much for the help man! I've been thinking about this for months! Will update the OP when I have time later.

So I've been looking through my codex again, and can't find the quote that I used to support that black rage people fall to the thirst.

I know it used to be a thing, but I guess I could be wrong now, and maybe it has changed. Anyways, since it is now more vague I won't stand against that.

Have you thought of more to put in?

I haven't been thinking too much about the backstory recently. I think i'm gonna put that on the back burner for a bit while i try to get my self motivated to paint. I feel like i have a pretty good starting point for the fluff side of things, now i need to work on getting some more models ready to go and decide on some paint schemes.

right now i'm debating whether my VV and sternguard should have white helmets or gold. I was thinking gold at first, but now i'm thinking gold doesn't fit the theme as much as white.