Competition Prize Suggestion

Stormborn

Seeing that the old donation banner has been removed, just as I was wondering if there was going to be a donation drive again this year (although there does appear to be a handy link for those spur of the moment donations), having spent some time considering the possibility of linking some form of completion to either donations or one of the bigger forum contest (ETL springs to mind).

My suggestion was that everyone who donates or completes a pledge etc. over a set period is given a raffle ticket/number for a prize draw to win a miniature painted and converted by a highly talented member of the Frater (if someone is willing to volunteer their time etc.).  The mini could be in the colours of the Legio B&C possibly based on an existing GW/FW special character (or if someone is up for it a full squad) so it can be used as a counts as with official rules.

I'd be happy to donate parts, models or modelling supplies to such an endeavour.

• 2 weeks later...

Something like 5% of the total is allocated to raffle prizes

each $5 donated gets one entry.

Unsure of local gambling laws.

But I dont know if we really need this: We already donate in thanks for the service B&C provides. Although it might spur more donations.

Gets messy especially with Australian laws honestly I like the idea but the whole point in my personal opinion when it comes to donating to the b&c is its a donation it's not meant to be in return for a chance at a gift prize etc.

The prize is the B&C itself staying online and kept running for everyone

• 5 months later...

Perhaps instead of a physical prize, have it take the form of a free comission from one of the people who already do them.

Assuming one of said people is willing to donate their time, let the winner and the commission painter work out the details between them on their own.

Since the actual transaction would be between two private parties, there would be no liability on the site's part where gambling laws are concerned.

And instead of a dollar amount based raffle, just have it so everyone who donates gets one entry.

Archived