Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Order of the Glorious Reprisal (Display Name Change)

adepta sororitas sisters of battle

150 replies to this topic

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,427 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit

GW now owes me one (1) Drakenhof Nightshade, and one (1) Seraphim Sepia

My addiction is worsening . . . rolleyes.gif

It starts off small. My Order was only going to get as far as 1500 points. It's getting to 4000 points (and I'm now planning on getting around 1000 points per official Order!)... blink.pnglaugh.png
  • Naminé and Servant of Dante like this

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,626 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Valorous Heart

So I have a picture of my finished-again test model, complete with washes and clear coat, but I just haven't got around to posting it.

While painting is painful, rules writing is not! Here's the first of three special characters for my order: Canoness Raedia

Comments appreciated as always (especially regarding points values.

Canoness Raedia.......................................................................................................................................... 160 points

WS 5  BS 5  S 3  T 3  W 3  I 4  A 3  Ld 10  Sv 3+  Unit Type: Infantry (Character)  Unit Composition: 1 (Unique)

Wargear:

• Power armour
  • Bolt pistol
  • Rosarius
  • Frag grenades
  • Krak grenades

Ecclesiarchy Relics:

• Radiance of Majesty

Warlord Trait:

• Righteous Rage (grants Rage special rule)

Special Rules:

• Act of Faith
  • Eternal Warrior
  • Independent Character
  • Martyrdom
  • Shield of Faith
  • Stubborn

Act Of Faith:

• Bulwark of Faith

ECCLESIARCHY RELICS

Radiance of Majesty: Range -  S x2  AP 2  Type Melee, Armourbane, Heritage of Reprisal, Two-Handed, Unwieldy

Heritage of Reprisal: The bearer of this weapon may re-roll one failed roll To Hit and one failed roll To Wound per turn while using this weapon.

ACT OF FAITH

Bulwark of Faith: One use only. This Act of Faith can only be used an enemy Assault phase, and unlike other Acts of Faith used in that phase, can only be used as soon as the first charge of that phase is declared against Canoness Raedia and her  unit. If successful, Canoness Raedia and all models in her unit with the Act of Faith special rule gain the Counter-Attack special rule until the end of the current phase.

Canoness: 65

Rosarius: 15

Evicerator: 30

"Mantle of Ophelia": 25

Set Warlord Trait: 5?

Heritage of Reprisal: 10?

Different AoF: 10?

Total: 160?

Edited by Servant of Dante, 23 May 2016 - 02:22 AM.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,779 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

Good job.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,626 posts

So was doing some research into the Dark Heresy rpg, and ended up skimming a thread somewhere about whether a sister could have a boyfriend. I had never thought about this before. My automatic reaction was "No absolutely not, heresy of the highest order!"

But apparently, this isn't supported by the fluff. I then found an old thread here on the B&C on a similar topic, which reinforced that it is not a given that battle sisters are chaste.

I don't really want a full on debate here, I just wanted to state my position: Battle sisters would never be part of a physical relationship. There are any number of reasons for this, ranging from lack of interest to devotion to the emperor to vows of chastity.

This being my order, I hereby decree that in accordance with their extremely puritan mindset and home planet, each sister of the Order of the Glorious Reprisal, along with any and all priests that serve alongside them, take a vow of chastity upon beginning their novitiate/ministry.

I am interested in other people's opinions, feel free to post your personal views on sisters and chastity here BUT DO NOT DEBATE THE POINT IN THIS THREAD. A single post containing your personal opinion is sufficient.

Edited by Servant of Dante, 20 May 2016 - 10:21 PM.

dracpanzer

dracpanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle Crusade Army
I tend to think that Sororitas consider themselves wholly devoted to the Emperor. Married to him if you will, in the manner of ancient Catholic nuns. So chastity becomes a necessity as adultery would be a quick trip to a Repentia vow. Not saying that it wouldn't happen, folks are folks, but the discipline for any such occurrences would be severe in the extreme. Certainly enough to dissuade thosethose most of those who might be tempted.
  • Servant of Dante likes this
gallery_53617_12047_5932.png

gallery_53617_12047_29898.jpg

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,977 posts
  • Faction: Hunter Legion

They were formerly brides of the Emperor, but generally I find it entirely irrelevant. Who cares about romance in the grim darkness of the far future? We're here for all the dead xenos and heretics.

• Purifying Tempest, Servant of Dante and Blackarmor_redtruth like this

gallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_30308_9518_2534.pnggallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Stormtroopers | CSM Cultists | =][= Hospitaller | AM Armigers | DE [Repaint] | TSons Rubrics

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,626 posts

They were formerly brides of the Emperor, but generally I find it entirely irrelevant. Who cares about romance in the grim darkness of the far future? We're here for all the dead xenos and heretics.

And for the miniatures game this is fine. The topic becomes a little more relevant in an RPG featuring SoB PCs. Either way, not a big deal.

Thanks for the input!

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,626 posts

Brotherhood of Angels Complete (in OP)!

*Furyou Miko

*Furyou Miko

++ PROPUGNATRIX REGNUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,874 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Sacred Tome (SoB)
My personal take on the matter is this;

Relationships are a distraction, and sex is fun.

The Adepta Sororitas are a penitent order. They use pens covered in needles, practice self-flagellation and spend their days training for war, investigating corruption and being very sorry for what their spiritual ancestors did. These things are enshrined in the fluff. They're as close to canon as 40k gets.

Therefore, Sisters do not have relationships with people outside their Orders, and they never, ever have sex.

Because they know, as part of their faith and very nature, that they do not deserve that pleasure. Or any other, other than the satisfaction of a job well done, and that only after they have gone through every step of the job looking for mistakes.

Firstly so that they can avoid making them next time, and secondly so they know how much more penitence to make.

The Adepta Sororitas are not a sane organisation. They are religious fanatics. If there's one catholic ideal that they hold dear to their hearts, it's that of Original Sin.

Becoming the Brides of the Emperor instead of cutting Vandire down on San Leor is their Original Sin, and no amount of blood, suffering and praying can ever, ever wash that sin away.

But they are trying. They are doing the Emperor's holy work. They are ensuring that nothing like it ever happens again. Defending the faithful. Protecting them from those who desire to turn them away, or mis-use their faith. They are the daughters of the Emperor and sin. But they are still Daughters of the Emperor.

And they will earn the right to stand with their father against the coming darkness.
  • Aqui, Bjorn Firewalker and Servant of Dante like this
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

There is no knowledge
that is not power.
Power corrupts.
Ignorance is Innocence.

Just call me Miko.
Sisters in 7th: W2 L0 D0

Tzeentch: Change you can believe in.

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,626 posts
Excellent! I like it!

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts
  • Faction: Neo Zeon

On the one hand I generally agree with the Delinquent Shrine Maiden.

On the other hand, there is plenty of room for delinquent shrine maidens.

Sororitas are not psycho-indoctrinated, genetically-engineered post-humans, they are humans. And while everything we know about their upbringing and daily life is that it is very structured and focused, we also know that humans will always be humans. We also know that there are six major orders and many smaller orders, so that the Order Rule that one lives by will have six major variations and many smaller variations.

The Many Possible Lives of Sister Hypothetica

One:

Hidden Content

Two:

Hidden Content

Three:

Hidden Content

Four:

Hidden Content

Five:

Hidden Content

The point of all that is while I agree in general with Miko's assessment as an overall state of affairs in regards to Sororitas and relationships, if you're writing a story then you want interesting characters, and interesting characters often (and usually) break from standard expectations of behavior or find themselves in unusual situations. It's what makes them interesting. So if someone wants to write characters (or Orders Minoris as characters such as in a DIY fluff) then deviating from the norm is OK, if not somewhat necessary.

• Bjorn Firewalker and Servant of Dante like this

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,626 posts
Thanks! I personally want nothing to do with Sister Hypothetical. I'm in the "send her to a mistress of repentance" camp.

I'm not saying sister hypothetica shouldn't exist, just that I don't want the Adepta Sororitas as a whole to condone her actions. I'm not going to write a story about it by any means.

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts
  • Faction: Neo Zeon

Thanks! I personally want nothing to do with Sister Hypothetical. I'm in the "send her to a mistress of repentance" camp.

I'm not saying sister hypothetica shouldn't exist, just that I don't want the Adepta Sororitas as a whole to condone her actions. I'm not going to write a story about it by any means.

That's another hand to think about: tragedy. One of the appeals of the Imperium as a literary subject is the crushing of individuals for the benefit of the whole. To illustrate the point of their insanity and asceticism, somebody needs to be offered up as a sacrifice. That's an interesting story to me. Take any of the examples of Sister Hypothetica and it could easily be 100% Grimdark. Maybe she gets caught and is forced to execute her lover before she's sent to the Repentia squad. Maybe she gets knocked up and runs away, her dereliction of duty condemning her squad to death in battle because she's not there. Maybe in her ignorance of these types of relationships she fails to recognize a heretic for what he is leading to the death and misery she was trying to avoid.

Or in other words: what's a rule without someone to break it? What's a punishment without someone to suffer it?

• Bjorn Firewalker and Servant of Dante like this

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,626 posts

That's another hand to think about: tragedy. One of the appeals of the Imperium as a literary subject is the crushing of individuals for the benefit of the whole. To illustrate the point of their insanity and asceticism, somebody needs to be offered up as a sacrifice. That's an interesting story to me. Take any of the examples of Sister Hypothetica and it could easily be 100% Grimdark. Maybe she gets caught and is forced to execute her lover before she's sent to the Repentia squad. Maybe she gets knocked up and runs away, her dereliction of duty condemning her squad to death in battle because she's not there. Maybe in her ignorance of these types of relationships she fails to recognize a heretic for what he is leading to the death and misery she was trying to avoid.

Or in other words: what's a rule without someone to break it? What's a punishment without someone to suffer it?

Well . . . I am writing a story about my order, and there will be a condemned former sister (not a repentia, they don't believe in those (because I don't like the models)) and maybe she is a "sister Hypothetica," albeit some time after the fact. It might be ineresting to see such a former sister some decades later. Have they learned their lesson? Have they made peace with themselves and their God-Emperor?

Edit: ETL vow #1 coming soon hopefully!

Edited by Servant of Dante, 23 May 2016 - 12:03 AM.

• Warsmith Aznable likes this

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,626 posts

Seraphim Superior Katelien.......................................................................................................................... 115 points

WS 5  BS 4  S 3  T 3  W 2  I 3  A 2  Ld 10  Sv 3+  Unit Type: Jump Infantry (Character)  Unit Composition: 1 (Unique)

Wargear:

• Frag grenades
  • Krak grenades

Ecclesiarchy Relics:

• Instruments of Reprisal

Warlord Trait:

• Beacon of Faith

Special Rules:

• Act of Faith
  • Angelic Visage
  • Simulacrum Angelica
  • Hit & Run
  • Shield of Faith

Act Of Faith:

• The Emperor’s Wrath

ECCLESIARCHY RELICS

Instruments of Reprisal: The armour and weapons of Seraphim Superior Vendela, the Instruments of Reprisal include the four pieces of Wargear described below.

Edge of Faith: Range -  S +1  AP 3  Type Melee, Master-Crafted

Majesty’s Rebuke: Range 12"  S 7  AP 2  Type Pistol, Gets Hot

Wings of the Martyr: The Wings of the Martyr are a Jump Pack.

Armour of Vendela: The Armour of Vendela confers a 3+ Armour Save. In addition, the inspiring history the armour represents grants its bearer the Stubborn special rule.

SPECIAL RULES

Simulacrum Angelica: As long as Seraphim Superior Katelien is alive, her unit counts as having a Simulacrum Imperialis.

ACT OF FAITH

The Emperor’s Wrath: One use only. This Act of Faith can be used in either player’s Assault phase. If successful, Seraphim Superior Katelien and her unit re-roll failed To Wound rolls until the end of the phase.

+1 WS 5

+1 W 10

+1 Ld 5

Seraphim Superior 25

Power Sword 15

Master-Crafted 5

Plasma Pistol 15

Stubborn 10

Simulacrum Imperialis 10

Set Warlord Trait 5

AoF 10

TOTAL 115?

Edited by Servant of Dante, 24 May 2016 - 05:43 PM.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,779 posts

Regarding Majesty's Rebuke: IIRC, no pistol has a range greater than 12". If you insist on using an extended range, it should be 18" (one-and-a-half foot, and equal to a hotshot lasgun's range, so it'll be easy to measure and easy to remember), and you may need to (exercise creative writing skills and) describe the weapon as something like the Buntline Special or the Psychogun.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,779 posts

So was doing some research into the Dark Heresy rpg, and ended up skimming a thread somewhere about whether a sister could have a boyfriend. I had never thought about this before. My automatic reaction was "No absolutely not, heresy of the highest order!"

But apparently, this isn't supported by the fluff. I then found an old thread here on the B&C on a similar topic, which reinforced that it is not a given that battle sisters are chaste.

I don't really want a full on debate here, I just wanted to state my position: Battle sisters would never be part of a physical relationship. There are any number of reasons for this, ranging from lack of interest to devotion to the emperor to vows of chastity.

This being my order, I hereby decree that in accordance with their extremely puritan mindset and home planet, each sister of the Order of the Glorious Reprisal, along with any and all priests that serve alongside them, take a vow of chastity upon beginning their novitiate/ministry.

I am interested in other people's opinions, feel free to post your personal views on sisters and chastity here BUT DO NOT DEBATE THE POINT IN THIS THREAD. A single post containing your personal opinion is sufficient.

The Ciaphas Cain novel 'Cain's Last Stand' (reprinted in the 'Ciaphas Cain: Defender of the Imperium' omnibus) dealt directly with this. Sisters are NOT required to take vows of chastity, but few live long enough to get into a relationship. (The Sister who did is an instructor at the Schola where Cain teaches; both are retired from active service by that point, but they are NOT in a relationship with each other.)

Then there's the problem Furyou Miko mentioned regarding a Sister's faith. She may see herself as undeserving of the joy such a relationship can bring, and even if she didn't, who can she relate to? Outside of her convent, she'll find very few people who GENUINELY share her beliefs (as opposed to paying lip service in hopes of avoiding persecution) or match her in religious furor, making her feel isolated and even alienated.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, 23 May 2016 - 03:58 AM.

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,626 posts
I'd hardly call snarky ciaphas Cain true canon even though I love the books, but I get the point.

*Furyou Miko

*Furyou Miko

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,874 posts
The thing about Cain is that he lives in a subtly different version of the 40k universe to the rest of the fluff.

This is most obvious when Techpriests show up - Techpriests in the Cain novels wear white robes. This lines up with Rogue Trader fluff, but not with Warhammer 40,000 fluff, which has them universally wearing red.

Of all Aznable's proposed hypotheticas, I actually don't have a problem with #3 so much - I did specify 'relationships outside their orders'. I do think that there's potentially room for a... I guess the best way to call it is a 'romantic two-girl friendship', between two Sisters. It's not dating, they're not "in love", and they're not having sex. But they do love each other.

On the other hand, members of a long-term squad probably feel that way towards all their close sisters. When you walk through hell, it's a recorded fact that people form strong emotional bonds with those who walk with them.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

There is no knowledge
that is not power.
Power corrupts.
Ignorance is Innocence.

Just call me Miko.

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,626 posts

The thing about Cain is that he lives in a subtly different version of the 40k universe to the rest of the fluff.

This is most obvious when Techpriests show up - Techpriests in the Cain novels wear white robes. This lines up with Rogue Trader fluff, but not with Warhammer 40,000 fluff, which has them universally wearing red.

Of all Aznable's proposed hypotheticas, I actually don't have a problem with #3 so much - I did specify 'relationships outside their orders'. I do think that there's potentially room for a... I guess the best way to call it is a 'romantic two-girl friendship', between two Sisters. It's not dating, they're not "in love", and they're not having sex. But they do love each other.

On the other hand, members of a long-term squad probably feel that way towards all their close sisters. When you walk through hell, it's a recorded fact that people form strong emotional bonds with those who walk with them.

Yes. I really have no issue with that sort of non-romantic love, if I understand what you're saying. Kinda like a the love between siblings. I can't see how that would be discouraged. In fact, I would assume some degree of this would be the norm, especially in long established squads like you said.

Edit: Now that I look back, I think Aznable was insinuating a little more than what I'm talking about . . .

Regarding Majesty's Rebuke: IIRC, no pistol has a range greater than 12". If you insist on using an extended range, it should be 18" (one-and-a-half foot, and equal to a hotshot lasgun's range, so it'll be easy to measure and easy to remember), and you may need to (exercise creative writing skills and) describe the weapon as something like the Buntline Special or the Psychogun.

Sure. I'll probably just make it a normal plasma pistol.

Edit: Done

Edited by Servant of Dante, 23 May 2016 - 02:09 PM.

*Furyou Miko

*Furyou Miko

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,874 posts
For Majesty's Rebuke, I don't have a problem with the 16" range. It's just an odd number.

There is precedence - Dante's Perdition Pistol was a double-range Inferno Pistol. Admittedly, that put it at range 12".
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

There is no knowledge
that is not power.
Power corrupts.
Ignorance is Innocence.

Just call me Miko.

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,626 posts

For Majesty's Rebuke, I don't have a problem with the 16" range. It's just an odd number.

There is precedence - Dante's Perdition Pistol was a double-range Inferno Pistol. Admittedly, that put it at range 12".

Was that in 4E? 'Cause in 3E it's only 6", and it's jut called an Inferno Pistol, and it looks like he was the only person in the galaxy who had one (just curious)

As for Majesty's Rebuke, Maybe I'll just make it MC.

Edited by Servant of Dante, 23 May 2016 - 05:40 PM.

*Furyou Miko

*Furyou Miko

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,874 posts
Third. He had Perdition, 'A master crafted melta pistol', before the Sisters got access to regular inferno pistols a few months later.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

There is no knowledge
that is not power.
Power corrupts.
Ignorance is Innocence.

Just call me Miko.

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,626 posts

I have the BA 3E supplement right here.

Under Lord Dante's special character entry:

"Inferno Pistol: The Inferno pistol is a beautifully crafted example of the artificer's skill, utilising [sic]  a knowledge of melta weapons that has long since been lost. As a melta weapon, the Inferno pistol gets an extra D6 armour penetration when fired within 3". The Inferno pistol has the following profile:

Range 6"     Strength 8     AP 2     Pistol"

Was there a second set of BA rules in third edition? What I have is this http://wh40k.lexican...s_(3rd_Edition) (Lexicanum link)

Edit: But the WH 'dex does have inferno pistols in it too (although it's 3.5E)

Edited by Servant of Dante, 23 May 2016 - 08:57 PM.

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,626 posts

I know there are 2 others browsing this forum. Felt a little strange. This post has no actual content.

Edit: Oh! But I changed my signature! BoA officially complete!

Edited by Servant of Dante, 23 May 2016 - 09:05 PM.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adepta sororitas, sisters of battle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users