The Order of the Glorious Reprisal (Display Name Change)

Ebay. Seriously, at least a third of my Sisters are second hand. You might have to wait a while to get an auction that's worth bothering with, but I've had a lot of luck getting what I have using that site :smile.:

You see, I'd have to REALLY want something there (and you usually can't save that much, at least on the buy it now stuff).

I can't really do auctions, because I can't but things off ebay myself, at least at the moment. Hopefully that will change. I have to bother a friend to do it for me, and I don't want to ask someone to watch an auction for me.

Besides, this way I get to show GW that I care in the only way they understand (depending on who you ask)! :biggrin.:

I understand :smile.: I've mainly gotten items that are either out of print (my three female Inquisitors and five or six...yes, you read correctly! :laugh.: Seraphim Superiors) or deals that are just too good to pass up. Such as the Penitent Engine that was £12 (including postage, over the £20.50 it normally goes for) or the two Seraphim squads (one from Second Edition, the other Third), mint in box for roughly half the price it would have been to get separately (and of course the three Superiors [one was added for nothing]). I definitely understand the desire to show GW that we exist and that We Are Still Here! so I do order every couple of months, just for that purpose. The other alternative is to look at local websites that advertise stuff for sale. You never know...

If you have anything else to say about the eBay thing, I'd be happy to listen!

But back to GW's prices. What do you think of the following:

SM Rhino

Superior with Bolter

Flamer x2

Battle Sisters (3)

$86.55

I decided I'd rather have some more flamers for my BSSs than 2 extra meltaguns (I think).

Didn't see this whilst I was posting.

Seems solid to me :smile.: You might want to wait for others opinions though (I tend to mainly get units that I like over effectiveness, although I have been listening to various Sisters players here and it's finally starting to sinking in :laugh.: )

If you have anything else to say about the eBay thing, I'd be happy to listen!

But back to GW's prices. What do you think of the following:

SM Rhino

Superior with Bolter

Flamer x2

Battle Sisters (3)

$86.55

I decided I'd rather have some more flamers for my BSSs than 2 extra meltaguns (I think).

Didn't see this whilst I was posting.

Seems solid to me :smile.: You might want to wait for others opinions though (I tend to mainly get units that I like over effectiveness, although I have been listening to various Sisters players here and it's finally starting to sinking in :laugh.: )

I started playing sisters for the aesthetic. I enjoy building the best list I can within the fluff limitations I set for myself. Heck, I have to streach my fluff to even run Repentia, a Battle Conclave, Penitent Engines, or Celestine/Jacobus!

So yes, it's all about how the army feels. But I don't want my sisters getting curb stomped!

Either way, $90 seems like a good amount of wiggle room, until you start adding things to your cart.

Do you think I should try to get another Simulacrum? I don't think I'm in desperate need of a third one. The only AoFs I really like to have 2 uses of are the Retributors (for those rending HBs), and the BSS. That Preferred Enemy is so versatile.

Edit: Ooh! 5 pages!

Edited by Servant of Dante

I think you mean you play Sisters for the aesthetic. Atheistic means that you have no believe in a God, rather ironic (and HERETICAL) for a Sisters player! :laugh.: Edited by Aquilanus

I think you mean you play Sisters for the aesthetic. Atheistic means that you have no believe in a God, rather ironic (and HERETICAL) for a Sisters player! :laugh.:

I didn't notice that. I used spellcheck and moved on . . .

I know what Atheistic means, just wasn't paying attention to what I was typing.

Not as bad as when I went to type HERESY and spelled it HERECY.

Edit: fixed the typo in my previous post

I do get what you mean about the overall army look though. I was burned put by Marines in general (I will get back to them eventually), so Sisters allowed me to explore an army that didn't exist (as models that is) when I last played :smile.:

I do get what you mean about the overall army look though. I was burned put by Marines in general (I will get back to them eventually), so Sisters allowed me to explore an army that didn't exist (as models that is) when I last played :smile.:

I'll probably do something with all those grey BA I have (like, 4000 points), but at the speed I paint . . .

And, I don't see myself getting bored with the Sisters anytime soon. I was already acting quite like a sisters player before I knew what that was . . . always saying "the emperor protects" and calling my opponent a heretic. Made more sense once I picked up sisters. Plus, sisters have FAITH! And it's fun to poke the marine players by saying that sisters are better.

And part of my likes the idea of playing the "neglected" army. The one where it's rare to see another person who plays your army.

And about the purchase, Maybe I can get 1 more meltagun instead of the flamer, since I have a multi-melta already. I can use those 2 models in a BSS alongside a blob of 20 with 2 flamers.

Then I could get 6 bolter sisters and be just a liiiiitle above $90.

Exerpt from my Libber thread.

A point someone raised about my fluff. I'm curious how you feel about this. I feel my response speaks for itself, perhaps a little too strongly. :tongue.: Either way, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

The Ecclesiarchy canonized Victinia as a Saint; what is the Order's relationship with the Ecclesiarchy otherwise?  The Sororitas are the Ecclesiarchy's standing army as well as the Ordo Hereticus's Chamber Militant.  What demands do the Ecclesiarchy make in return for their favor, and how does your Order feel about it?

Canonizing a Saint is NOT a favor. I feel very strongly about this. It is (I assume, from what I know from the present day source material, ie. the Roman Catholic Church) an ordered investigative process that takes a good deal of time and requires strong evidence of saintliness. I will say that my standards for Victinia are probably lower than those of the Catholic Church. Victinia was recognized as a Saint because she WAS one. There is no debt to be repaid, except to the Emperor for his grace.

I know the Imperium is characterized by bureaucracy and corruption, but I will not bend on this point. In fact, if the Ecclesiarchy had expected something in return beyond the continued faith and loyalty of the Order, they where sorely mistaken. The sisters would not understand it, and if there was some condition to Victinia's canonization, they would have seen it (rightly, if I may say so) as an affront to the God-Emperor of Mankind, and refused. Emperor :censored: heretic pretenders to the title of Ecclesiarch. 

There. Now you've gone and got me angry. Like, actually, physically upset. Don't worry (if you where). I'll get over it.

It is a good question, though, one I hadn't considered.

There is nothing for the Ecclesiarchy to expect - the Adepta Sororitas are entirely under their control until the Sisters find evidence of corruption in their priestly contacts. They're not a separate organisation, they're the Ecclesiarchy's Internal Affairs department.

There is nothing for the Ecclesiarchy to expect - the Adepta Sororitas are entirely under their control until the Sisters find evidence of corruption in their priestly contacts. They're not a separate organisation, they're the Ecclesiarchy's Internal Affairs department.

Exactly.

Wait. you're agreeing with me, right? I think so.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason the 3E Repentia rules have come to mind, and I'm left wondering: why did they change such a cool rule set?

I'm not really talking about the "roll a die every turn to see if they go on a Rampage" thing, what I feel is an amazing piece of mechanical design is their Leadership.

(And lets not talk about why they all had a 4+ save)

For those who don't remember, the Mistress was Ld 9(?) and the Repentia where Ld 6. The cool thing was, when they failed a Ld check, they ran TOWARD the enemy. I think that is so incredibly evocative of the fluff, without being overly complex. I can SEE the squad getting shot up, taking casualties, then getting incredibly, righteously, earth-shatteringly angry, and charging straight into the incoming fire. I'm almost willing to live with the models, since that scene is even better since they aren't wearing armour.

So, what do you think? Would you like to see this rule come back?

Edit: In other news, ordered some more models (another rhino for conversion, a sister superior, 6 bolter sisters, and 4 meltagun sisters for a second Dominion squad), and a KR Multicase. I went rather big, with the double size card case. I'm excited about their custom exorcist/immolator with banner trays. The bottom half of my case will be two of those so I can glue my exorcists fully together and transport them, along with my Immolator without ripping the banner off. The top half will have space for the two converted rhinos, all of my infantry, and other bits.

The bad news is that the thing cost $120, but I'm going to try and suppress that number. I'm hoping it will be worth it to be able to carry everything at once. Admitadly, I'm more than a little pleased at the idea of completely gluing mi Exorcists together. Less chance for tragic accidents when someone else picks up the model when you aren't paying attention . . .

I still might leave the organist loose, since I like the idea of removing her on a Weapon Destroyed result.

The trust is that Repentia only had that rule to playtest it for the Black Templars, so once that was done and then taken away again, it wasn't needed.

Dang it, it fits so well.

I would argue the flavor of that rule for repentia is stronger than for space marines, but whatever

Thanks for the reply!

The trust is that Repentia only had that rule to playtest it for the Black Templars, so once that was done and then taken away again, it wasn't needed.

I would argue the flavor of that rule for repentia is stronger than for space marines, but whatever

Thanks for the reply!

So Games Workshop's writers wrote rules to buff the Sisters Repentia, playtested the buffed unit against the Black Templars, and then deleted that rule... because it made the Sisters Repentia too powerful and unbalanced the game?

Why didn't they playtest the :censored:ing Eldar that way? Those knife eared bastards need either a HUGE INCREASE IN POINTS VALUE, or a major nerfing.

Thanks for the reply!

So Games Workshop's writers wrote rules to buff the Sisters Repentia, playtested the buffed unit against the Black Templars, and then deleted that rule... because it made the Sisters Repentia too powerful and unbalanced the game?

Why didn't they playtest the :censored:ing Eldar that way? Those knife eared bastards need either a HUGE INCREASE IN POINTS VALUE, or a major nerfing.

I think what Miko is saying is that they where testing it to see if it would go well in a future Black Templar's Codex.

Not that they tested the rule using Sisters versus Black Templars (at least, I think that's what you (Bjorn) are saying).

OK, so I have a concept for the Order of the Glorious Reprisal's emblem. I drew it rather small (the whole thing is like an inch tall), but here it is.

gallery_83651_11889_8754.jpg

It uses the 4 main colors of the order (gold, silver, black, and white).

The skull represents the death and Martyrdom of the order's patron Saint (and former member) Victinia. The sword likewise represents Victinia's sword. The flames, while very 40k, also help emphasize Victinia's sacrafice.

I like it, you'll be printing it right? Otherwise free handing it on so many models will end only in madness :P I've never been that big on symbols/transfers (my DIY ways) but with Sisters I don't really see where they can go outside of vehicles. The models have loads of detail already and little flat free space :confused:

I like it, you'll be printing it right? Otherwise free handing it on so many models will end only in madness :tongue.: I've never been that big on symbols/transfers (my DIY ways) but with Sisters I don't really see where they can go outside of vehicles. The models have loads of detail already and little flat free space :confused:

I'm just going to but it on my "Blessed Banner" :biggrin.: I'm not going to even worry about putting that on every model. Keep in mind, this is not set in stone. I might make a more simplistic version to put on robes. If I do, I will attempt to free hand it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

well, that project I mentioned in my previous post has gone basically nowhere :P Maybe I'll finish it sometime.

Anyway, I'm going to attempt the Boxing Day Bash, and I've vowed my Banner Bearer. Should be fun. I hope I finish the thing.

I, Servant of Dante, accept The Boxing Day Challenge and vow to Build, Paint, and Base a Sisters of Battle Standard Bearer for the honour of the Adepta Sororitas and the Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind within the 24hrs time limit.

med_gallery_83651_11889_474395.jpg

Doesn't get much more unassembled than that. We'll see if I can do this. I'm a pretty slow painter :tongue.:

. . . and for the record, this model came from eBay, so no, I'm not showing where I live :smile.: