Dark Angels Devastator Squad Colour Scheme

DarkHorse81

Hi,

Just started getting back into the hobby via the Dark Vengeance starter set and currently enjoying adding to my Dark Angels army. I have recently bought a Devastator squad with a view to deploy a Lion's Blade Formation and was thinking about the colour scheme.

I have noticed on other chapters like the Blood Angels for example, that the Devastators have blue helmets instead of red. I quite like this look and was thinking about the same for mine. Say green armour as normal with a cream helmet? 

Thing is I never come across this before in any of the Dark Angels colour schemes I have seen. Is it something specific to Blood Angels? Would it be going against the traditional DA colour scheme to this? I know it is my army and I can do what I want so to speak. But like to get these things right :-)     

Agreed. Your minis, your paint scheme. It is not part of the lore but maybe, that particular strike force, in that particular campaign decided to paint their helmets for some reason or another. 

BTW coloured helmets is a BA-specific thing as in even BA successors don't follow that tradition. But come to think of it, only DAs have a White 1st Company and a black 2nd Company... 

Of course no one can exclude the possibility that other unrelated Chapters my have the same tradition - it's a big Galaxy out there! :D

Cheers, I might just do it. Or maybe just the sergeant who fancied going against the grain wacko.png

Cream helmet at Sergeant would have sort-of fluffy background, you could add some more Deathwing honors to his armour to play that out... like the upgrade sprue chest with the dagger. etc

Cheers, I might just do it. Or maybe just the sergeant who fancied going against the grain wacko.png

Cream helmet at Sergeant would have sort-of fluffy background, you could add some more Deathwing honors to his armour to play that out... like the upgrade sprue chest with the dagger. etc

Sergeant "I used to be in the Deathwing you know lads, did I ever tell you..."

Rather than use different colour schemes, I used the DA upgrade sprues to co-ordinate my Tac/assult/dev squads. I.e. The assult squads have mk6 'beaky' helmets and the studded shoulder pads, the devestators use the torsos with the high neck armour (mk8?) and the shoulder pads with the additional plating to make them look bulkier etc.

Archived