Blood Angels moritat with a hand flamer?

olsol

Since the hand flamer is an option for Blood Angels and is a pistol weapon, it can chain fire when attached to a moritat, because of the rules for chain fire, the moritat can fire again after each successful hit, because it is a template it is always going to hit if an enemy model is under the template.

So do you just remove every model that can be hit under the template because it is going to hit again and again until the models that is in range die?

Sorry, we need to put this one to bed.

It's cropped up a bit, but much like the Alpha legion Sabateur instant vehicle kill deal, it doesn't hold up under actual rules scrutiny.

In this case, chainfire dictates "for every successful hit they may make an immediate additional shooting attack."

There is no roll to hit with a flamer type template weapon. You place the template and roll to wound everything touched by it. 

There is no hit to be successful, so no chainfire. 

Sorry, we need to put this one to bed.

It's cropped up a bit, but much like the Alpha legion Sabateur instant vehicle kill deal, it doesn't hold up under actual rules scrutiny.

In this case, chainfire dictates "for every successful hit they may make an immediate additional shooting attack."

There is no roll to hit with a flamer type template weapon. You place the template and roll to wound everything touched by it. 

There is no hit to be successful, so no chainfire.

You would be right except I found this in the rule book: “A unit takes a hit for each model that is fully, or even partially, underneath the template” therefore it is counted as a hit

I think your opponent would either back hand you, tell you 'no, that's not happening' or both.

If someone did that to me I'd laugh and say, no way.

It depends on your group though at the end of the day, if people like that kind of shenanigans then yeah sure.

But I'm willing to bet most will say that's not in the spirit of the game or how that rule is intended.

You don't roll to hit, so no chainfire, otherwise it's just fire.

I don't know why people just seem intent on bending the rules the point of broken, there has been a few questions like this now. I guess that will just happen, but that attitude can go back to the land of 40k, where they come ready made broken.

Archived