Blood Angels Day of Revelation 2000pts

CaptainHelion

This list is primarily an exploration of whether I can take the models I have/are planning on acquiring, and build a workable list out of it. I've gone Day of Revelation because I love the rules, and the only real change I'd have to make to my plans is running two squads of Assault Marines, rather than one large squad.

• Legion Centurion (Inferno Pistol, Power Armour, Melta Bombs, Refractor Field) Consul - Vigilator (115pts)
  • Legion Praetor (Artificer Armour, Blade of Perdition, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Volkite Charger) Master of the Legion - The Day of Revelation (190pts)
  • Legion Assault Squad (9 Marines, Art. Armour Power Axe) (270pts)
  • Legion Assault Squad (9 Marines, Art. Armour Power Axe) (270pts)
  • Contemptor Talon - 1 Contemptor with Meltagun, Twin-Linked Bolter (190pts)
  • Legion Destroyer Squad (Jump Packs, 4 Marines, Melta Bombs, Rad Missile Launcher, Art Armour, Power Axe, 1 Phosphex Bomb) (305pts)
  • Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (9 Marines, Vexilla, 2x Suspensor Missile Launcher, Nuncio-Vox, Tank Hunters, Art Armour, Power Weapon) (290pts)
  • Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (9 Marines, Vexilla, 2x Melta Gun, Nuncio-Vox, Tank Hunters, Art Armour, Power Weapon) (270pts)
  • Anvillus Dreadclaw (100pts)

As you may have guessed, I'm working primarily from the Betrayal At Calth set, and I'd like to build the models so as to be able to be played in 40k and 30k where possible (hence the melta rather than graviton in the Contemptor), but other than that there's a fair bit of flexibility.

The general idea is that the Dread will ride in the Dreadclaw, the Praetor will run with either the Destroyers or one of the Assault Squads, and wreck face. The Vigilator will scout forwards with the Missile launcher Vets, and hopefully provide some mid-field safe Deep Strike with the squads Nuncio-Vox, and get a solid firing position in some terrain. The other Vets either Outflank, or pull up the flank to support the incoming Deep Strikers.

Frankly, I have very little idea what I'm doing here, and welcome your thoughts.

With the dread, you could just point the arm downwards, the grav or bolter in the dreads palm will be facing downwards, no one would know what's inside it.

Declare if it's bolter or grav when you deploy it, no problem!

Appreciate the responses, thanks. Perry, that's not a terrible idea, and I may just do something along those lines.

As regarding meta, currently it's fairly non-existent for 30k, but 40k tends to be fairly varied but trending more towards the lighter and less tournament-esque types. Flyers aren't commonplace, but definitely common enough to be a consideration.

I could drop the Vets down to 5man, and run them as Recon squads, maybe trade the Dreadclaw for a Xiphon and a Dreadnought droppod. Doesn't help enormously on the armour front, but it'll do a number on any flyers hanging around. Maybe trade the Contemptor for another Destroyer squad?

• 2 weeks later...

So I've done some consideration, and I've reworked my list to the following.

HQ

• Legion Centurion: Artificer Armour, Blade of Perdition, Consul, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Refractor Field, Volkite Charger (125pts)
  • Legion Praetor: Artificer Armour, Blade of Perdition, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Volkite Charger (190pts)

Troops

• Legion Assault Squad: 9x Legion Assault Space Marines, Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon (275pts)

• Legion Assault Squad: 9x Legion Assault Space Marines, Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon (275pts)
  • Legion Reconnaissance Squad: 4x Legion Space Marines, Nuncio-Vox, Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Power Weapon (155pts)
  • Legion Reconnaissance Squad: 4x Legion Space Marines, Nuncio-Vox, Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Power Weapon (155pts)

Elites

• Legion Destroyer Squad: Jumppacks, 4 Legion Destroyer Marines, Melta Bombs, Missile Launcher, Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Power Weapon, 2x Phosphex Bombs (315pts)
  • Legion Destroyer Squad: Jumppacks, 4 Legion Destroyer Marines, Melta Bombs, Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Power Weapon, 2x Phosphex Bombs (290pts)

Fast Attack

• Xiphon Interceptor: Chaff Launchers, Ground-Tracking Auguries (220pts)

Plan is to run the Praetor with one of the Destroyer Squads, and the Centurion can lead one of the Assault Squads. Recon Marines provide Nuncio-Voxes for accurate deepstrike, and the Xiphon runs overwatch and Flyer intercepts.

Archived