Night Lords Terror Assault 2500 points

Perry

Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2491pts)
  • HQ (536pts)
    • Legion Praetor (536pts)

Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Digital Lasers, Grenade Harness, Paragon Blade, Trophies of Judgement

• Legion Terminator Command Squad

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod, Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 3x Chainfist, 3x Combi-Melta, 3x Legion Space Marine Chosen, Legion Standard Bearer, Plasma Blaster, Power Fist

• Master of the Legion

Terror Assault

• Troops (825pts)
    • Terror Squad (275pts)

9x Executioner, 10x Volkite Charger

• Headsman

Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Nostraman Chainglaive

• Terror Squad (275pts)

9x Executioner, 10x Volkite Charger

• Headsman

• Terror Squad (275pts)

9x Executioner, Flamer, 8x Heavy Chainblade

• Headsman

• Elites (745pts)
    • Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (180pts)

Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons

• Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery (210pts)

3x Legion Rapier, Shatter Shell

• Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (355pts)

Furious Charge, Legion Drop Pod, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, 2x Melta Gun, 2x Power Sword, 2x Power Axe

• Legion Veteran Sergeant

Artificer Armour, Power Fist

• Heavy Support (385pts)
    • Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (385pts)
      • Leviathan Siege Dreadnought

Armoured Ceramite, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger, 2x Twin-linked Volkite Caliver

A in your face Terror Assault list, with plenty of anti-tank.

Dreadclaw to make sure the Praetor is in close combat turn two, supported by a Dredpod with the Leviathan.

The 3rd pod with veterans can assist where required in close combat or anti-tank duties.

The Terror squads do their thing with infiltrate and we all know how good Shatter shell Mortars are. The Mortis Contemptor acts as a makeshift AA defence and generally helps out with some rending firepower.

Pretty solid TA list man. They often have pretty similar elements to them, but yours is still cool.

My suggestion is to run with volkite on all 3 Terror Squads. Heavy chainblades are cool, but they simply fall short of the holy choom. They're a real pain to model too.

I'd also try to squeeze a cyclonic melta lance on the Leviathan - will definitely help the anti-tank and it'll still rock in combat. :)

Pretty solid TA list man. They often have pretty similar elements to them, but yours is still cool.

My suggestion is to run with volkite on all 3 Terror Squads. Heavy chainblades are cool, but they simply fall short of the holy choom. They're a real pain to model too.

I'd also try to squeeze a cyclonic melta lance on the Leviathan - will definitely help the anti-tank and it'll still rock in combat. smile.png

All fair points, but they are something I can't change.

Rule of cool dictated that I had to have a unit of Heavy chainblades even if they were not as good as Volkites. Same issue with the Leviathan, having two combat weapons just looks so awesome, although the meltas that come with the arms has had a pretty good success rate so far.

It's a shame you couldn't find the points to make the vets drop pod, anvillus. If you drop the melta guns, you won't have to many points to find.

If you have 10 melta bombs you don't need 2 melta shots.

Personally I wouldn't make the vets combat orientated. Terror Squads are superior in combat. However if you're set on taking them, make them a tank hunting unit. Leviathans are awesome at everything but it's going to draw a stupid amount of fire so relying on it to wipe out everything isn't ideal - the redundancy is useful. Also if you're not running volkites on the terror squad run them stock and use the points elsewhere like upgrading the pod to a dreadclaw

That aside pretty solid TA list. 

The idea behind the vets is to us them as a Anti-tank threat. Get them amongst the armour and use the Meltaguns + bombs to wreak havok.

The power axes/ swords are to add abit of edge to any combats nearby and are pretty cheap.

Putting the vets in a second Dreadclaw would pretty much guarantee destroyed vehicles :P

I like the configuration for your veterans, nice flexible unit to help with anti tank or anti infantry as needed is a good addition, I often run a similar unit myself. I might drop some power weapons in the unit though, 4 seems like a bitch much. 2-3 seems like plenty. Also a dreadclaw is definetly the better pod for them, since they are geared for assault there's no reason for them to jump out of the safety of their pod when they drop in. 

Archived