By ashes, we are known - ETL V roll call

Olis

++By ashes, we are known++

gallery_60566_6038_75133.jpg

A baleful wind blows...

The MDRC beckons. Do you answer?

Brothers and sisters of the AoD, heed my call! As many of you may very well know, E Tenebrae Lux V is but a fortnight away from beginning. Many of you, as well as myself, are veterans of the previous ETL's including last year's hard fought loss versus the Chaos subforum. This year, they are expecting to make this their third consecutive title. I aim to deprive them of it and implore you, whether you are loyal to the Throne or the Warmaster, to do the same.

If last year is anything to go by, we can expect to see a sizable tide of pledges in the first few days. This is most admirable. However, you and I know that making the pledge and not following through does more harm than good. But, let that warning not deter you. We welcome pledges of all sizes, from a single character to an entire army. It doesn't matter so long as it is a valid unit in the Forge World Heresy books. The real point will be successful pledges. That right there is the name of the game.

And yet... this is not just a regular motivational thread like last year. Oh no. This year I am looking to encourage anyone who is inclined to make pledges to vow volkite-based models. Some of us already speak of fielding Glaives on the field of battle against the Chaos rabble, and any additional super-heavy support is most welcome. Barring that, feel free to promise a squad of Chargers or Culverins, or maybe a Moritat with twin-Serpentas.

I look forward to hearing from you, brothers and sisters, and adding your promise to pledge glorious volkite goodness to the cause. This year we will smell the ashes in the air. This year we will see the enemy burn. This year will be our year!

For Horus! For the Emperor! For the glory of our own forum!

For those of you who wish to declare yourselves for the AoD and the MDRC in the coming ETL, then you can use this image here:

gallery_60566_6038_22043.png

The code of which can be cut and pasted from here:

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_6038/gallery_60566_6038_22043.png

Promised pledges:

Olis - Legion Glaive
Jerichus - Choom-Moritat, Caliver Support Squad, Culverin Heavy Support Squad, Skyhunter Squadron, Legion Terminator Squad and a Legion Veteran Squad
uberwolve - Caliver Support Squad and a Choomtemptor
helterskelter - Choomilator (Vigilator)
ThatOneMarshal - 30 Terror marines
Slips - 10 Culverin armed marines

Ezeriel - Legion Glaive

Col.hertford - 5 Caliver armed marines, 5 Culverin armed marines and a Legion Glaive

Zujara - 10 Culverin armed marines, 4 Caliver armed marines, and a Charger armed Praevian

Archidamus - 5 Culverin armed marines

Rayray - 10 Culverin armed marines

Kurama - Legion Glaive and a Land Raider Achilles Alpha

The Hydra - 10 man Veletaris Storm Section

Commander Hachard - Iron Father Autek Mor

Balthamal - 10 Lernaean Terminators, a Leviathan, a Land Raider Achilles Alpha and a Saboteur

Lord Asvaldir - 15 Terror marines

KBA - Choomtemptor

Aeternas - 10 Terror marines and a 5 man Caliver Support Squad

Finnish Hammer - 10 man Caliver Support Squad and a Styrix

civsmitty - 5 man Charger Support Squad

The God-Potato of Mankind - 30 Auxilia Veletarii and a Legion Glaive

Brother Sanvael - Leviathan

Brother Pheidias - 3 Scimitar Jetbikes

Luna707 - 10 Medusan Immortals

nevindar - 10 Medusan Immortals, 5 man Caliver Support Squad and 2 Triaros Armoured Conveyors

200Plus - 10 man Caliver Support Squad and 1 Contemptor

In the name of the Lion and the Throne, by my sword and arrows of light I promise to uphold the sacred choom as best I am able to earn our forum the greatest of glories.

I promise the following units to incinerate the enemy and burn fear into the hearts of their ilk:

A Moritat with a Volkite Serpenta

A full Volkite Caliver Support Squad

A 5-man Volkite Culverin Heavy Support Squad

A 6-man Jetbike Skyhunter Squadron equipped with Volkite Culverins

A Legion Terminator squad with 7 Volkite Chargers

And a Legion Veteran squad with 2 Volkite Chargers and 2 Volkite Serpentas.

I may not be able to pledge a glorious super-heavy Choom, but I'll be cursed if I don't try to make up for it in numbers!

I'll gladly throw in as well.
Full tactical support squad with Volkite Calivers.
And a Contemptor with two twin linked Volkite Culverins.
I can't find the set that came with the Laviathan or I'd offer up more.

Brothers, your support - even if only nominal - is welcome. Those of you making a promise now (and fulfilling it) will get a nifty little badge at the end. ^_^

All right, I'll bite. I may not be making my main vows to the AoD this year, but I'll make sure to do an out of competition vow for a Centurion/Consul with some sort of CHOOM at some point. Is that good enough?

You can have your own section on the pledge list when that happens. :wink:

I will heed the call Brother Olis!

I will deliver 30 Terror Marines with Choom, ready to strike terror into the hearts and minds of all who defy us!(Chaos)

If, I fail then so help me, I will be strung up from the highest tower in Nostramo by the Night Haunter Himself!

CHOOOOOM laugh.png .

Depending on a few ifs (if I don't sell them/if I have time between painting other stuff/if I can find a reason to use them) I might pledge some vintage choom

gallery_80005_11900_10165.jpg

Well, I would use these guys for vintage choom-plus the 8 other ones I have and the 30th anniversary model as a choomilator.

Again, depends on some ifs.

Edit: Obviously repaiting the Imperial Fist one bottom right

I pledge 5 cavillers and 5 Culverins at this point. I may up this depending on what happens at Warhammerfest.

Though for the day: does the Volkite dream of evaporating sheep?

Choom for the Choom God! (Or should that be Olis?) biggrin.png

Olis and Omissah both start with the letter "O". Incidentally, Choom and Volkite contain "O". Coincidence? You decide msn-wink.gif

Only the true messiah denies his divinity! Er... make of that what you will. Monty Python fans definitely know what to make of it. :lol:

Do I Even have to be on the roll call?

You know I Kurama the wonder from down under will be pledging a fellglaive and achillies alpha to begin with.

Their may even be some leman russ based choom down the track but I've got a massive stockpile to complete first

Welcome, brothers. I appreciate the promised pledges - the motor pool grows, as does the infantry contingent. A tide of crimson fire will sweep across these boards! devil.gif

Archived