Eternal Crusade (PC)

Is it not good on AMD cards? I mean I run Overwatch at high, 100fps locked, so it's not about power, but maybe it's not AMD friendly.

Problems with amd have been mentioned numerous times.

My pc isnt powerful enough to run it full spec, but I'm not playing this game because I wanna see pretty, I wanna be a night lord mowing down imperials :p however it's still as buggy/glitchy/Laggy as hell, especially in dense combats, so I move out the way of those.

Where I do get my enjoyment however, is when I can set up, and keep my finger on the trigger and mow down 4 or 5 guys in a sitting. It's worth allllll the rubbish for those sweet moments with my HB.

I may also suggest to steer clear of their forums. They're horrific, barely modded, trolly dens.

OK, I got it to play through the practice range, maybe it didn't appreciate me trying to create an Eldar...

I'll give it a go.

Edit: Asked for a refund. This isn't a AAA $40 dollar game right now, and that's coming from a guy that wastes money on DLC and loot boxes all the time.

Maybe something to revisit in a few months.

Edited by Scribe

OK, I got it to play through the practice range, maybe it didn't appreciate me trying to create an Eldar...

I'll give it a go.

Edit: Asked for a refund. This isn't a AAA $40 dollar game right now, and that's coming from a guy that wastes money on DLC and loot boxes all the time.

It's like a fetal version of SM multiplayer at this stage, not much else. It could be something fun to play 1-2 years down the line (judging from the Dev team's stance on dreams - ? - and roadmaps and 10 year plans, at least...) but right now? It's quite pitiful.

So from the beginning till now, great leaps and bounds powered it up today on its beta launch day great stuff. 

So the final patch before launch is go, and the final wipe has occurred.

I can now begin purging in style!

http://i.imgur.com/7yParMK.jpg

Oh yiss. Motherflipping MK3 baby.

"Launch / beta" glad they were able to convince the investors not to pull the plug and to let them go forward keep making content but appease them with a launch. 

I'll give it a go.

its a beta

Calling this a fetal version of SM is judt incredibly unfair at this point.

It has much more now, you must have not played it recently to make such a claim?

SM had small 8v8 symmetrical combat with weapon perks and small maps along with a decent pve mode.

EC has Battflefield scale teams and maps, vehicles, 4 assymetric races, full class separation, skill tree,squad & leadership features, weapon mods and probably more customisation options at this point. Admittedly the only inferior part is the Tyranid lair so far.

Edited by The God-Potato of Mankind

It has much more now, you must have not played it recently to make such a claim?

SM had small 8v8 symmetrical combat with weapon perks and small maps along with a decent pve mode.

EC has Battflefield scale teams and maps, vehicles, 4 assymetric races, full class separation, skill tree,squad & leadership features, weapon mods and probably more customisation options at this point. Admittedly the only inferior part is the Tyranid lair so far.

really their pretty dang good for a ai

It's a far cry from what it was meant to be but if you want to be a near enough fully customisable space marine/chaos marine/ork/eldar and fight some pretty sizeable battles on reasonably thought out maps you're gonna be good

I really haven't been following this all that much, and I couldn't find this info from a cursory glance at their official site: are Orks still free-to-play?

I'll give it a go.

its a beta

$40 beta? No. From many different measures, this game isnt done. We shouldnt pay top dollar for Beta.

It's a far cry from what it was meant to be but if you want to be a near enough fully customisable space marine/chaos marine/ork/eldar and fight some pretty sizeable battles on reasonably thought out maps you're gonna be good

I really haven't been following this all that much, and I couldn't find this info from a cursory glance at their official site: are Orks still free-to-play?

All races seem free to play for me but I bought early access on steam so I don't know if that makes a difference

And  yet, it does nothing really well. I consider it a fetal SM because for everything did well, EC does something sub-par or sub-standard. Sticky cover? Horrendous. 4 races that are hilariously different and unbalanced. In the end, it turns out to be this half-baked weird experience that doesn't really offer anything substantially better that I couldn't find elsewhere, including SM. 

Class separation is about the only thing that it really has going for it, and I can go play a hundred other games if I wanted to play different classes/heroes.

All races seem free to play for me but I bought early access on steam so I don't know if that makes a difference

Well you definitely need to buy the game for the others, but there had been some talk of having the orks completely free, when it was still supposed to be an open world and they wanted to say that having more orks would be fluffy.

After playing all night, I don't understand where you guys are coming from at all. 

I think I have the problem of having very low standards when it comes to videogames. This is potentially one of the greatest 40k games ever made and has the potential to be even greater.

It's a bit unfair to compare it to Overwatch as well, do you really think bE have the resources and pedigree to be trying to compete with that? Lower your standards a bit man, not everything has to be triple A to be good. If it isn't that's on you not the game.

Having a clean game on release would have helped.

Things like predator spawning issues whereby the no sponsons/no turrets/no tank but sponsons occurs almost every match.

Match weighting might be a thing.

I should not be able to go around with a vinidicator on Fortress Harkus from Go and proceed to destroy both gates, 2 quad guns and 3 battle tank's. With a vindicator. Near unmolested.

Things that should have been resolved, I think

After playing all night, I don't understand where you guys are coming from at all.

I think I have the problem of having very low standards when it comes to videogames. This is potentially one of the greatest 40k games ever made and has the potential to be even greater.

It's a bit unfair to compare it to Overwatch as well, do you really think bE have the resources and pedigree to be trying to compete with that? Lower your standards a bit man, not everything has to be triple A to be good. If it isn't that's on you not the game.

I'm on board with this thinking if they charge $20.

To be honest I don't see where you're coming from at all. Maybe it is an issue of you having very low standards. 

The list of the 'greatest 40k games ever made', I think if you were to take a sampling of 40k video game fans, would in no way have EC anywhere near the top of the list. Space Marine is better (far, far more polished of a game). DoW and its expansions, sequels, and their expansions. DoW probably comes first, then SM. Everything else is far, far below it. 

Does it have the potential? I guess. I suppose I too have the potential to become a NFL superstar, even though I'm 5'4 and not built for that at all.

Ultimately, if you have to lower your standards to think a game is good...well, that speaks for itself. The game isn't good. You had to deliberately expect :censored: to be pleasantly surprised, instead of expecting an above average game, which was reasonable. 

Edited by Apothecary Vaddon

Guys, please respect that others are going to have differing opinions. I understand some people are heated at the price, the quality, etc , and conversely some people seem happy with it. 

Personally I don't think there's enough beyond the fact it's 40K. It's that simple for me. Bugs are bugs, lots of stuff of this nature is released well before time. I just wish it had more flavour, and some inventiveness. This -feels- 5-6 years old to me out of the gate. That being said I want to give it a chance. A LOT of games start out this way, and I respect some people are really enjoying it.