Eternal Crusade (PC)

So there is no Deathwatch even in appearance?

I'm still finding the game rough but I haven't honestly been able to stand more than a few minutes in it.

I ended up in a skirmish, sneaking up on a chaos guy and unloading several seconds of shells into him ,he turned around and shot me dead super quick with his bolter.... I don't know if it's a pay to win thing, but that felt pretty weird. I still don't know if... working as intended or not?

Sadly no. I think they would have a lot more success if we had Deathwatch.

New patch is out here are some of the new armour and helmets that have been added:

Thanks.

I have to admit, I keep hoping I'm going to get this game, but I've never had so much difficulty getting a PVP based game like this one.

I forced myself to play through a few rounds, and I just can't get past the feeling of futility.

I feel like a drunk on a  unicycle spraying a bolter to no effect. I keep unloading bolter clips.... certainly hitting my foe, many times without their knowledge. Then (last night it was all Orks) I get rushed by an ork with a potato stick... one hit, I'm dead. I have no idea mechanically how this game functions.

I played so many PVP games for years, dating back to Unreal Tournament in clans, BF1942 in clans, etc. etc. I've never found the base mechanics of a game like this so frustrating before.

Is the basic bolter that bad? Is being level 1 that horrible?

Edited by Prot

Thanks.

I have to admit, I keep hoping I'm going to get this game, but I've never had so much difficulty getting a PVP based game like this one.

I forced myself to play through a few rounds, and I just can't get past the feeling of futility.

I feel like a drunk on a  unicycle spraying a bolter to no effect. I keep unloading bolter clips.... certainly hitting my foe, many times without their knowledge. Then (last night it was all Orks) I get rushed by an ork with a potato stick... one hit, I'm dead. I have no idea mechanically how this game functions.

I played so many PVP games for years, dating back to Unreal Tournament in clans, BF1942 in clans, etc. etc. I've never found the base mechanics of a game like this so frustrating before.

Is the basic bolter that bad? Is being level 1 that horrible?

The thing is everyone around you is going to have all the upgraded stuff so it's hard for new people starting out, my advice join a guild and play the game in a dedicated group. It's like a whole different game.

Well I guess that's true of most games of this aspect, but back to my question:

Is a basic Bolter that hard to kill someone with? Or am I that inept?

Should I as a level 1 Tactical, be one shotted/ 2 shotted by an Ork with a maul/shield?

I'm not sure I have that level of dedication to it. My friend got me the preorder package. Maybe I'll try a Grav Gun on my tactical.

They'd probably throw balance out the window entirel but I'd love to see Dreadnoughts make their way into the game. Because Dreadnoughts,

Also, Chaos needs dedicated weapons. Sonic blasters, Inferno bolts, Khornate chainaxes and plagueswords please!

Played some against the grav weapon spam today and I honestly can't complain from the receiving end. The wibbly wobbly thing that goes on when you get zapped is about right, lovely effects and appropriate damage. Almost want to say well done to the devs. But I can't. Because the live streams make it look like they don't care lol

Played some against the grav weapon spam today and I honestly can't complain from the receiving end. The wibbly wobbly thing that goes on when you get zapped is about right, lovely effects and appropriate damage. Almost want to say well done to the devs. But I can't. Because the live streams make it look like they don't care lol

The live streams used to be such a joy to watch, now I can only bare watching the first 15 minutes, it usually just ends up with Nathan being sarcastic for 50 + minutes which just makes me cringe.

I do hope this game keeps a sorta planetside feel in deployment zones only. Plus where are the nids?

Thing is (and I know I'm gonna get stick for this) I was hoping that it would adopt a kinda warhammer 40k customisation feel. With you being able to represent chapters you prefer. Not just 4. I'd of happily paid real life money into the game as well for asthetics only. But that's it. Play to win cash injections ruin the integrity of the game and a chance to build up a decent and reveard skill set.

If anything though in the world of gaming microtransactions are starting to rule everything revenue and income wise. And I really really don't want that in this game that I've waited forever for. Especially when on pc the requirements to play are super low.

Plus it would be a cool addition to have titan only zones for big tailored battles and the like

The live streams used to be such a joy to watch, now I can only bare watching the first 15 minutes, it usually just ends up with Nathan being sarcastic for 50 + minutes which just makes me cringe.

Wow that bad eh? I had hope for this to improve, but if even you are hitting your limit...

Preordered a package way back when it was announced (I think 2 years ago) and gave it a shot. I find it very hard to get into though. Its also kind of hard to wrap my finger around what exactly the problem is. I think its no 1 thing though and a combination of issues that just cause annoyances.

Things like:

-Noone plays together. I like to play a apothecary and it just boggles the mind how stupid people are. You could be trying to heal someone only to have them constantly run away out of your range. Likewise, I could taken out a predator, wait near a spawn point while saying I need gunners and noone bothers to enter the vehicle, leaving a predator with only 1 person who has to switch positions to do any task..... People also dont like 'boring' tasks like defending and just flat out refuse to do it. Even if a point is under almost constant attack. They would just rather be constantly on the move and come back to the point later and try to flush out the enemy out of a (now) heavily foritfied position....

-Specially the starting gear feels weak, which is odd considering a bolter shouldnt get stronger with modifications added to it, Only easier to use. Having to unlock even the most basic of gear piecemeal doesent help the experience much either. The systeem feels more at home in a free to play game which is abit odd seeing as we had to buy the game itself. Some form of progression system ok but at least make it possible to start with basic gear :dry.:

-Lack of coordination (even with a player using the chat option) If you have 1 or 2 objectives everyone is trying to achieve something else. Kinda goes hand in hand with the earlier point but it IS a little different. People seem to think the game is more like COD with power armor strapped to it and it really isent. The game mods tend to rely on squad and company sized groups playing together. Literally ALL game mods rely on objective points that need to be captured and defended. The maps where 1 side has to perform an actual siege is an even bigger example of this. And people just.... Run around like headless chickens achieving absolutely nothing, because everyone is playing for themselves.

-Getting 1 shotted. Its a part of the universe, most defenitly. But in a game where you sometimes have to walk like 2-3 minutes to a fight and sometimes even longer beeing 1 shotted from half way across the map is a huge slap in the face. It can make the game quite boring sometimes, specially if it happens a few times in a row.

-The game just outright lacks polish in some areas I feel. Balance seems to be missing from certain areas entirely and it more feels like a beta game then a completed one. :ph34r.:The PVE part of the game in particular looks like it isent even done past the alpha phase...

All of this combined make the game abit infuriating to play for me :( I would love to play with a big group/guild of like mined individuals but I dont know where to search for those either, as I feel it would solve alot of the problems that I have with the game...

I'm in the same boat. There are a couple big discrepancies that made me quit outright:

1) Grav spam. I hate it on the tabletop, and I hate seeing it on Eternal Crusade. It's cheesy when literally every single marine has some form of grav weapon, be it pistol, rifle, or cannon. It's supposed to be rare technology!

2) One-shot plasma, two-shot lascannon. So the Lascannon, which has to "lock on" to a target (dumbest idea ever), can take several hits to kill somebody. The Plasmacannon, however, consistently one-shots with no ability to dodge or get out of it's way. It makes it very boring to play as anything other than Space Marine, who seem to be the most fond of employing this tactic.

3) Friendly fire is literally the worst I have ever seen in a game. In a game that glorifies close combat, why the hell would you have friendly fire? It's not like your derpy rando teammates are going to stop shooting their overcharged plasmacannons into the fray, because there is literally no penalty for friendly fire other than adding a few seconds to your spawn time.... big deal. Even if they kept the ranged attacks as inflicting friendly fire, to try to curb that behavior, I'd understand. But when you have 2-3 assault classes trying to fight together, it gets really outrageous. We clang off each other as much as the enemy we are trying to fight.

4) The whole concept of close combat seems outright ridiculous. Ironically, though, it's still the most effective means of killing somebody 1v1. Though it took a pretty hard nerf because people complained about it incessantly (now happily propagating their grav-spam).

5) There is no PVE, as was initially promised, except for a lame "lair" that nobody queues for. You can literally sit in the queue for an hour and not play a game. This wouldn't be such a big deal if the PVP didn't suck so hard.

6) Animation doesn't look nearly as polished as it should. It could have been an expansion to Space Marine for Xbox and looked better.

Basically the whole premise is getting insulting. I am mad that I bought into the whole "early access / founders" thing and got ripped off. Devs don't care about the game, it's player base is turning pretty toxic, and there is pretty much no reason to play this game over the old title Space Marine. At least Space Marine had a decent story (as decent as you can get with Ultramarine protagonists).

We were promised an MMO, and this definitely doesn't fit the bill. It's just another match-based shooter, and that is highly disappointing.

Haven't played the game but from what I've been hearing it sounds bad... kinda feel bad too because I really wanted to get this game...

Is there anyway to speak to the devs? I have a couple of suggestions that they may like...

Don't bother. They get plenty of "suggestions"on a daily basis that involve the weeping of ineptitude because no one wants to play In a team. Boohoo x weapon is too strong nerf it etc etc. If you can get a group to run round with you'll do better.

What's even better is if you can get someone who has half a clue taking lead.

Edited by helterskelter

Guest Mordray

I had to stop playing this game as it triggered me endlessly and made me feel bad.

If you don't mind explaining... what do you mean by triggered?

I'd hazard a guess that various aspects of the game's poor design annoyed him (hence use of internet slang for minor annoyance, with minor sarcastic tinge, is "triggered") and so he ceased playing. 

I have to say, I was optimistic about this game throughout alpha and beta, and I had some good times, but the dev team clearly has no idea what it's doing anymore, and they've wasted yet another example of the 40k IP. Poorly balanced, buggy gameplay, replete with broken promises regarding gameplay. Even something as simple as "you can only get sidegrades, not upgrades" was just a flatout lie, and people who have played the game longer will have better gear and just be straight-up superior to newer players. Each faction they introduced just made the game worse, and their inability to balance the core aspects of their game (melee has been garbage forever because they are married to that terrible "clanging" system, which is just about the worst melee combat system I've ever seen) is truly remarkable.

Well. Hopefully Space Hulk: Deathwing is fun.

It will be the year 2020 when pc hardware becomes compliment to deal with a planetside 2, rainbow 6 customisation, wow spec class real life game changer event. 

I want a game where the guardsman armies fight along side the space marine chapters. where the territory taken is enforced by a titan legion of death, chaos or human, where sneaky eldar hold conversations on team speak to counter the plans of the waggghhh ork community. Bloodshed and immersion at its finest. and at the heart of it all, us. the ones who want this bad boy to school all other genres. and show them that the the black bleak future. there is only war.

• 2 weeks later...