Eternal Crusade (PC)

It's slowly getting better. And by slowly I mean snails pace, there are things they still need to sort out over some of the things they're putting in (and slowly eating away at the computers memory in the meanwhile) but some of the things that have been promised have potential. Terminators/land raiders could make an appearance.

It's probably going to take them another year til everything is in place that should be. Still also need to stop time wasting with q+a's and half arsed extremely lengthy livestreams

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New patch out, go a full video showing all the new stuff :smile.:

I watched your video.... and I logged in for the first time in a long time. My characters are still noobs, but I usually still play as Ultra... weighing me team down. I still wish they actually had a tutorial beyond the 'training grounds'. Like an actually game play PvE scenario that pauses and tells you what you should be doing. SWTOR was like that, and I enjoyed that game immensly.

I just can't spend a lot of time in a video game as actual 40K is my priority, but I have to say I got sick of dying over and over to eldar... (It seemed to be a themed evening). I eventually traded in my bolter for a stormshield and chainsword and started enjoying myself much more.

I'm still not clear on certain mechanics like... holding my shield up.... you move slower so you end up kind of dying just being defensive. Or the other big one is knowing when it's a good idea to do a quick slash with the chainsword vs. a charged up power blow.

Funny thing I bought my guy a Powerfist blowing what little credits I had, and I was pretty useless with it, then I see your video mentioning the Powerfist is too strong? So I've gotta be doing something wrong.

I see too that I wasn't really understanding consumables, or how to juggle my skill points around.

but aside from dying a lot... it was a little better for me.

P.S. another thing you mention in your video is the free to play. Is there an easy way to tell which category I would fall into (there is no monthly fee for this is there?) My brother bought me the special ed version of the game way back....

Edited by Prot

New patch out, go a full video showing all the new stuff :smile.:

I watched your video.... and I logged in for the first time in a long time. My characters are still noobs, but I usually still play as Ultra... weighing me team down. I still wish they actually had a tutorial beyond the 'training grounds'. Like an actually game play PvE scenario that pauses and tells you what you should be doing. SWTOR was like that, and I enjoyed that game immensly.

I just can't spend a lot of time in a video game as actual 40K is my priority, but I have to say I got sick of dying over and over to eldar... (It seemed to be a themed evening). I eventually traded in my bolter for a stormshield and chainsword and started enjoying myself much more.

I'm still not clear on certain mechanics like... holding my shield up.... you move slower so you end up kind of dying just being defensive. Or the other big one is knowing when it's a good idea to do a quick slash with the chainsword vs. a charged up power blow.

Funny thing I bought my guy a Powerfist blowing what little credits I had, and I was pretty useless with it, then I see your video mentioning the Powerfist is too strong? So I've gotta be doing something wrong.

I see too that I wasn't really understanding consumables, or how to juggle my skill points around.

but aside from dying a lot... it was a little better for me.

P.S. another thing you mention in your video is the free to play. Is there an easy way to tell which category I would fall into (there is no monthly fee for this is there?) My brother bought me the special ed version of the game way back....

The Powerfist is 'abused' with the jump assault because at the moment their is a bug which gives you an extra quick attack with it.

If you have purchased the game you will not be affected by the F2P stuff.

The Powerfist is 'abused' with the jump assault because at the moment their is a bug which gives you an extra quick attack with it.

If you have purchased the game you will not be affected by the F2P stuff.

Ah okay because I'm not getting much mileage out of it.

In truth I've forced myself to log into this for quite a bit of play time. I have to admit it has grown a lot on me. I find it still to be quite awkward, and it reminds me of an 90's shooter, but you know what? I find there to be a charm about that.

The steering of Rhino's cracks me up.... like in 40,000 years it's that hard to get a decent steering system in a rhino!

I've enjoyed the tanks a lot more. I see the thankless job of routing out enemy rhino's is actually strong. Vehicles I think are under appreciated in it. I have a blast in the predator sometimes, but find it pretty awkward too.

Lately I've been playing purely Chaos. (there's SO many Marine players). With Chaos I get into queued games almost instantly and even though I am in matches 90% of the time where the Imps have 2-3 extra players, I'll take it.

The feel in the game is really cool though. Elite units look very cool. I've had my skull bashed in by more than one Chaplain.

I have been playing a Chaos Sorc healer a lot though...I love it and prefer it to the Marine equivalent for aesthetic reasons. I also play a Chainaxe wielding assault chaos dude when healing becomes too labour intensive.

I'm really enjoying it. To be honest after you get passed the chunkiness of some of it, it's just a fun, basic game. It's just too bad all the weapons seem a little underwhelming.

game play is quite ok if you don't get your hopes to high, and it is even decent if yo consider the fact that the game goes free to play. 

What is the major drawback for me is the fact that it doesn't have any actual plot in it. 

Nope. All races should be there. I believe the only thing F2p is missing is jump pack class in any race.

I will tell you it's an addictive game but hat is very simple to get into. It took me forever to get into it. My brother knows of my serious 40k addiction and got me the full game a long time ago and now admit I was very frustrated the mechanics but I finally warmed up to it.

Personally I'm happy it went F2P but there is a massive surge in new, entry level players which is frustrating but also very fun. The downside is so many players are killing the servers right now. I love seeing so many new people just grabbing a gun and jumping in, I just think they greatly underestimated the F2P population.

Edited by Prot

Ive played it for a couple days, if I wasn't a warhammer fan I'd uninstall instantly. 

There are a lot of issues with it, BUT it's the best multi-player shooter available for Warhammer right now, IMO 

You know... I don't know what it is about it, but I've really enjoyed its simplicity. I'm not saying it's great, but the core mechanics are just fun. It's a very easy game to get into and the great thing is an entry level person with a few action points and a bolter can still make a difference. 

Am I allowed to post guide videos on this thread? Since we have a bunch of new people and some are lost I've been making class loadout guides:

I think when I was watching your last stream you asked me 'what are you going on about?".... your Grey Knights list I think it was. 

Anyway, good luck getting your buddy to paint it up. That's super generous of him. 

• 2 months later...
Awesome. Well it's near the end of installing so once I'm set up I'll try to reach out to you players. It'll be my first time on Steam; nice to see all the 40K games! Probably grab DoW3 next.

It was on Dream and it was free so I gave it a shot. The Download and install time were superior to the play and delete time. Whacked servers times included from team members. Controls were sluggish and the camera was positioned in an angle that males you easy to be blind sided.

First Tried as an Ork, after 10 minutes wait I created a SM for ease of getting games.

Sorry, but this is a bad title even for 40K fans.

• 3 weeks later...
If you had any hope for this Game don't watch Valraks videos (Well do because YouTube and subscribe ;) ), they kill any hope for the game dead :p well his last couple anyway. With all the effort he's put in, to hear such damning opinions, you'd hope the team at EC would listen.

If you had any hope for this Game don't watch Valraks videos (Well do because YouTube and subscribe :wink: ), they kill any hope for the game dead :tongue.: well his last couple anyway. With all the effort he's put in, to hear such damning opinions, you'd hope the team at EC would listen.

What you say is true. I wouldn't have voiced it personally but there's enough negativity and much of it comes from people who tried it for a few hours and pulled the plug. I admit the game takes a lot to get into. I took a long time to grow on me.  But I do truly enjoy it and some of what people dislike about it also is a very strong positive. Some people insist on very potent upgrades, the sort of 'pay to win' stuff that is the backbreaker of so many games before this.

If the game dies it won't be because of negative videos. I thoroughly enjoy the game, and even the very, very large maps where being amazing at the game is less important. I think even if they could grow the map library it would be a large positive for everyone. 

When they do an elite campaign, it benefits one race. I was very disappointed by the chaos Possessed elite. I bought it, and it stunk compared to the other 2, but through this I realized taking all that effort and putting out maps would benefit everyone and go a lot further. 

I truly hope they company can pull out of the nose dive. Some people have declared no games ever come out of this steep of a nose dive, but this game has one advantage.... it's got a very loyal genre-following. Many people will give it a chance if they ever put some real man power hours into it.

I don't see its genre following doing anything to halt its death - as if it weren't in the final throes of its demise already. There's a reason why player numbers are pitiful.

The marketing around the game was practically nil to begin with; I'd be willing to be that the vast majority of the game's playerbase at its peak were there because of the setting it takes place in. By and large, 40k fans who were going to play this game, have played this game, and have found it wanting. 

I don't see its genre following doing anything to halt its death - as if it weren't in the final throes of its demise already. There's a reason why player numbers are pitiful.

The marketing around the game was practically nil to begin with; I'd be willing to be that the vast majority of the game's playerbase at its peak were there because of the setting it takes place in. By and large, 40k fans who were going to play this game, have played this game, and have found it wanting. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the following of the genre will 'halt' anything.  To be perfectly clear: If the designers made positive changes, in the right direction(s), I do believe a number of the player base would give it another shot. 

Talking about what they did wrong has been done to death. I'm more curious about the next 6 months.

I hadn't played the game for a couple of months between moving, and when I went back on I could just about afford a decent build and I can partially put my night Lord in Mk3 armour.

And there's still no "Just like a rhino" attack bike. Or terminator armour. Or anything worth while to be honest. Played the new fortress map once in rotation.

They need to look like they care. Not fannying around making sparkly grenades for the office.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the following of the genre will 'halt' anything.  To be perfectly clear: If the designers made positive changes, in the right direction(s), I do believe a number of the player base would give it another shot. 

Talking about what they did wrong has been done to death. I'm more curious about the next 6 months.

So the genre following really isn't an advantage - as you rightly pointed out before, game's nosediving and has been for a long while. I don't see them doing anything to be able to halt the impending death with a fraction of the dev team still there.