Eternal Crusade (PC)

You'd think people would realise by now not to expect a quality Warhammer game from anyone other than a AAA developer. To add to that it's rather amusing that the game is practically dead before it's even launched on other platforms.

I liked the design process behind Eternal Crusade, and the level of armour customisation they included, however the fact that it just seemed to be a Space Marine clone didn't really appeal to myself and apparently many others in the end.

Oh well. At least the armour files are available on Garry's Mod.

The problems were that the game started as a MMOPRG and many were looking forward to it and what they got was a Space Marine clone with more factions and a "narrative" campaign.

I know I was super excited for the MMORPG and when they changed direction (and leadership) but kept asking money my wallet stayed closed... And many stayed closed or didn't open anymore.  IMHO the downfall started right there: Not delivering what was promised.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This game should have just been Horus Heresy.

Easy to balance. Hundreds of cosmetic stuff.

Campaign map where you could fight on a few maps to conquer a planet.

Conquer Terra for Traitors/ push back traitors for loyalists.

Boom profit

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I play once in a while, but this game feel to short of what it could have been.

They should have gone HH with it.

Just SM vs SM. Easier to balance, :cussloads of chapter specific stuff to sell, add maps all across the galaxy.

HH was barely a thing when they started pre production of the game.

It’s a shame really what happened. When the game came out it was so buggy and mediocre that almost everyone that tried it left soon after. Then over the next year or so the devs managed to patch and update the game to a point where it was actually something pretty great. Iv sunk literally hundreds of hours into it, so I’m pretty sad to see it in the state that’s its in.

• 6 months later...