A new Ork warband has arrived....

Gobsmak

++++

Greetings Brothers,

I bring fell news, a new Ork threat has been discovered in the Astralium Western reaches. It's leader is a giant brute who goes by the name of 'Nog Da Destroya'.

My force was on a recon mission when we where ambushed by this cunning beast and his foul horde.

This creature must have been blessed by his loathsome ork deities as their shooting was more on par with our own rather than that usually expected from the green skins with two of my fire teams falling to their firepower.

Though we managed to take out their 'trukks', it didn't slow them down and another of my combat squads was lost though they fought bravely to the last. The 'burna boyz' then assaulted my Razorback command vehicle and using 'krak stik bomz' managed to damage the promethium drive unit which caused catastrophic damage to my trusty transport.

My squad and I fell upon the orks heavy weapons team skulking in some ruins and wiped them out.

Our scout Landspeeder tornado then killed one of the supporting 'killa kanz' while we killed the other with Krak grenades.

Our right flank then crumbled with the loss of both combat squads holding that sector. The first squad fell to ravening gretchin who's shooting then subsequent assault managed to over come my lead team, though they we repelled by the overwhelming firepower of the secondary team. However this was a feint as the Warlord with his ork 'shootas' in tow used this distraction to assault them and wiped out the squad.

We managed a fighting retreat with what viable forces we had left to bring you this grave information.

I have requested reinforcements and have news that the Strike Cruiser - 'Wrath of Caliban' bearing several Dark Angel assets has entered the local sub sector.

A warning: NEVER underestimate the power of a grot!

Veteran Sergeant Talfaar

++++

It was my son's first WH40k game and he totally stonkered me and I didn't let him win either. I've never seen so many sixes rolled in a round of ork shooting. (12 shots 10 hits!) My saving throws were abismal. 4 marines falling to grot shooting! I have demanded a re-match.

Hahah, that was a very entertaining way to tell the report. A++ for effort... you will get another + when you actually win! ;)

As the owner of an ork army I can say that it certainly looks like they roll more sixes... but that isn't the case because most of the times it's what they need to hit or wound, so it makes more of an impression!

Looks like you need some whirlwinds to shower the horde with fire. :D

I mourn your loses, and suggest many assault cannons, heavy flamers and heavy bolters for next time. 

I playing a 1500 game against orks recently, and it went pretty much the same as this.

It's wrong, just plain wrong. I feel your pain.

• 2 weeks later...

++++

Greeting Brothers once again from the Astralium Western reaches,

It is with great shame that I have to report that Nog Da Destroya's forces are far strong than we first thought. 

After our last encounter with the beast we returned to our base of operations to regroup and rearm. 

I consulted with Codicea Althalus and came up with a plan to blunt the ork's advance.

Our strike force positioned itself at the head of the Joonda valley to the East of our base and waited for the horde arrive. 

As the orks threaded their way through the ruins of the township we sprung our ambush. A fusillade of bolter fire destroying the gretchin skirmishers and their ork minder but having little effect on the following ork squads skulking behind the ruined walls.

The Predator tank 'Righteous Wrath' blasted one of the three killa kan to atoms and blew the power claw off of another, however return fire from the killa kans proved more accurate than expected with a rokkit scoring a direct hit on the front of the tank shaking the crew.

Unseen by our forward scouts, a squad of Tankbustas had taken up position within an old shell crater. They let loose a slavo of Rokkits at the 'Righteous Wrath', stunning the crew into immobility.

Two trukks full of boyz and a war buggy accelerate from the horde towards our positions opening fire with their 'eavy shootas. Unfortunately Brothers Garrik and Lewis were severely wounded and would take no further part in the engagement.

The Lootas opened fire upon our Land Speeders, but the orks lack of shooting skill coupled with the pilots agility got them through the barrage without a scratch.

We continued to pour plasma, missile and bolter fire onto the advancing ork vehicles but even though several hits were achieved on one of the trukks, no real damage was done.

One of their Meks was able to restart the damaged vehicle and once again loaded with burnaboyz move into a position to flank squad Bravus. The orks opened fire with their burnas; the resulting thermal tempest proved too great for their armour and three of their squad were immolated. The remainder fell back into the ruins for cover.

On the left flank the Killa Kans charged into combat with the immobilized predator and wrecked it.

Our two Landspeeders zoomed overhead and opened fire upon the Tank Bustas killing all but the Nob who  proceeded to run off. However his proximity to the Warlord halted his retreat and made him turn around.

We continued to fire upon the advancing orks but it did little to thin their numbers. Squad Deacon opened fire upon the War buggy turning it to burning scrap.

The ork burnaboyz and slugga boyz piled out of their trukks and into combat with Squads Arendius, Clitus and the remainder of the squad Bravus. The ferocius hand hand combat that ensured saw our forces overwhelmed. 

A general retreat was sounded and our remaining forces were able to disengage.

The Warlord just stood towards the back of his forces laughing as we collected the wounded we could and headed for the safety of our base.

25 Marines, 2 Land Speeders and a Predator set out, 7 Marines and the Land Speeders returned.

Our forces planet side have been severely reduced trying to hold back the xenos horde. However,  we have received word from the 'Wrath of Caliban' that they are in bound and should make orbit within a week.

Veteran Sergeant Talfaar

++++

My Son has the favour of Gork and Mork as his ability to roll 6's was extraordinary. Only his lootas were ineffective. The assault phase was brutal; 27 attacks, 18 hits, 12 wounds on 4 Marines......they died!

++++
Hail Brothers, I wish to report good new from the Astralium Western reaches,
A VICTORY !
attached is the full report of the battle.....
Codicea Althalus took charge of the strike force and positioned them at the Southern end of the Joonda valley.
The Orks had taken up positions along the Center and North Eastern side of the valley.
Our objective was to hold the valley and prevent the orks from spilling out onto the Connollyon plain.
We set up the Whirlwind battery 'Angel's Retribution' behind a copse of iron bark trees. It was supported by Devastator squad Echard's Missiles and Heavy bolters.
To the eastern side of the copse, the repaired Predator tank 'Righteous Wrath' accompaied by Squad Arendius with Missile Launcher and plasma gun.
Squad Deacon with it's plethora of Plasma weapons accompined by Codicea Althalus were positioned to the North Western side of the valley. The Land Speeder 'Raven 2' with it's Heavy Bolter and Assault cannon covered the center of our deployment zone.
Suddenly out of the morning mist hurtled a Warbuggy and Trukk full of Rokkit toting Tank Bustas with guns blazing their combined firepower took out two brothers from squad Aredius. Another fell when the Loots who had taken up position within the ruins in the center of the valley opened fire.
Squad Deacon came under heavy fire from two killa kans, a squad of shoota boyz and a second trukk full of boyz that were heading west across the valley to secure the ruins there. Brother Lothar fell.
'Raven 2' reported that a squad of Burna Boyz were moving through the wooded area to the East of the central ruins and that a squad of gretchin and the war boss were lurking around the woods to the Northern end of the valley.
The 'Righteous Wrath' fired upon the trukk with the Tank Bustas on board, it's Las Cannons making a mockery of it's hotch potch armour, however it only managed blow out an axle immobalising it. The Tank Bustas piled out of the back and used the vehicle for cover.
Squad Arendius fired upon the War Buggy but it was moving too fast and all their shots missed the speeding vehicle.
'Raven 2' let rip with it's weapons at the skulking lootas, but they were too embeded in the ruins for the munitions to have an effect.
Squad Deacon fired upon the Lootas' position also with no effect. Their cover was just to good.
Codicea Althalus passed their co-ordinated to 'Angel's Retribution' and unleashed a Castellan missile upon the ruins. The resulting blast boiled out of the ruins and killed several of the skulking burna boyz who broke and ran. However only one of the Lootas fell.
Squad Earchard fired upon the fleeing Burna Boyz taking down another two.
The Buggy continued on its course and positioned itself infront of the ruins to the East of our positions trying to block Squad Arendius' objective.
The Tank Bustas came out from beihind their immobalised trukk and followed after the buggy. They unleashed a salvo of five rokkits at Raven 2 but only one connected. Unfortunaly the resulting blast overloaded the Land Speeders guideance systems and control acutators and they had to set into hover mode and reboot the onboard cogitators.
The immobalised Trukk and Lootas also fired upon the 'stunned' Land Speeder but with typical ork accuracy, missed.
A third killa kan (this one armed with Rokkits) appeared from behind the woods and headed towards the central ruins.
The Warboss ran from the cover of the North Eastern woods and accross the valley to the cover of the ruins on the North West. I've never seen the xenos beasts move so fast.
The killa kanz, shoota boyz and Trukk squad made it to the ruins and opened fire upon squad Deacon, the resulting fusilade only managed to take down Brother Imrick.
Squad Aredius moved closer to their objective and opened fire upon the buggy damaging it twice but not destroying the wretched vehicle.
'Righteous Wrath' couldn't see the buggy as it was behind the walls of the ruin, however it could still see the immobalised trukk, so the gunners used it for target practice and destroyed the xenos wreck.
Squad Erchard fired upon the exposed Tank Bustas killing them all.
'Angel's Retribution' unleashed another Castellan missile upon the ruins, this time with more success killing three of the Lootas. The remaining xenos broke and ran after the fleeing Burna Boy.
Squad Deacon and Codicea Althalus moved further North and opened fire at the Shoota Boyz killing all but two, the presence of the Nob and the proximity of the Warboss kept the squad from fleeing.
The Orks consolidated their positions within the Northern ruins claiming it as their objective and shouting alien expletives and making crude jestures.
The Big Shoota toting killa kanz stomped closer toward Squad Deacon, the Rokkit Kan moved further South and the now empty trukk pulled up infront of the ruins.
The War Buggy moved into the South Eastern ruins so it could see Squad Arendius.
The only ork weapons that were in range of any targets were their big shootas and four opened fire upon Squad Deacon. The Emperor indeed does protect and none fell to the onslaught.
The buggy fired upon Squad Aredius but their armour deflected the incoming rounds.
The Killa Kanz then charged Squad Deacon who opened fire on overwatch unfortunatly to no effect. Three Brothers, including Sergeant Deacon were engaged; using their krak grenades against the xenos walker they managed to blow out one of it's leg joints and immobalise it. This didn't stop the vehicle from using it's power klaw to smash Brothers Findle and Loc into the ground.
The rest of the squad managed to break off the assault and pulled back.
The fleeing Burna Boy continued to run and disappeared into the morning mist.
The Loota on the other had rallied. however, it's brovado wasn't to last very long.
'Angel's Retribution' no longer had any targets within range, so repositioned towards the center of the valley.
'Righteous Wrath' moved up along side it getting a clear view of the Orks massing at the Northern end of the valley.
Squad Arendius moved into the ruins determied to destroy the ork vehicle within.
'Raven 2' managed to restart it's systems and rejoined the fight, moving to cover the Squad Arendius.
The rattle of rapid fire bolters eminated from the South Eastern ruins and the war buggy was no more. Sargeant Arendius announced that the objective was secure.
'Raven 2' targeted the Loota and turned it into a greasy smeer on the valley slope.
Squad Erchard targeted the Trukk blocking the ruins and destroyed it.
Squad Deacon fired upon the killa kanz with plasma cannon, plasma gun and plasma pistol but their armour deflected the barrage.
'Righteous Wrath' fired upon the rokkit kan. The Las Cannon shot hit it hard, stunning the 'pilot' into inactivity.
The Warboss clambered through the ruins and joined his mob of boyz.
The undamaged killa kan advanced upon Squad Deacon.
The orks within the ruins could only fire their big shoota and combined it with that of the killa kanz. Their target, Squad Deacon. Again the Emperor protects the righteous as the ork's shots either missed or were deflected.
The Killa Kan roared it's diffiance from it's external vox speakers and charge in. The fight was brief and only Codicea Althalus remained to face the walker.
'Righteous Wrath' and 'Raven 2' moved further North along the Eastern side of the valley.
The Predator fired again at the Rokkit Kan but failed to cause any more damage.
'Raven 2' opened fire upon the gretchin mob skulking around the North Eastern woods but only managed to kill three of the diminutive aliens.
'Angel's Retribution' now in position launched a Castellan missile at the Warbosses position within the North Western ruins. A direct hit saw 7 xenos die in the conflagration.
Squad Earchard joined in and their fire took out the big shoota boy and wounded the Warboss.
The Orks then withdrew and were last seen heading North. We have consolidated our hold on the Joonda Valley and secured the Connollyon plain.

Veteran Sergeant Talfaar

++++

Orks in cover ? Soultion: Whrilwind with Castellan missiles thumbsup.gif

Archived