Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Storm Stalkers - FPS's WiP Blog

• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

Grieux

Grieux

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,430 posts
Woah so cool! Really like the hammer wulfen and the interceptors really look like ravens! You should call them Huginn and Muninn!
  • FearPeteySodes, TiguriusX and GrFlur like this

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,752 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
i love this idea

Before i committed to walking armor as my battle doctrine (bjorn, dreads, leviathans and knights) i was very tempted by the air wolf approach

i love your artistic take on it and agree they are your huginn and muninn
  • FearPeteySodes and GrFlur like this

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpg

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,107 posts

A bit more progress this weekend. It takes a tone of time in between layers so its slow going. But its shaping up. 

med_gallery_2327_11680_360713.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_274552.jpeg

And an overall size comparison:

med_gallery_2327_11680_698584.jpeg

My first try at this one I realized it was almost getting photorealistic, not in an "omg this is so good way" but a "why is there a bird slapped on the front of this thing" way. So I chopped most of the detail down again and pushed more towards a stylized approach that would fit the vehicle and imperial design schemes.

The angry brows need to be redone, I'm contemplating chopping the while brow/eye structure off, flattening it like the top to get the angles and surfaces right and building them out again in an angular way. Almost like the eagle from the aquila strongpoint, we'll see. The other option I thought was to flatten like i said but then rather than building out again, just painting the eyes on like a WW2 plane (in a more nordic style ofc).

The swirly on the beak was a shot in the dark of what i should do, I think its a miss though. Im thinking of using plasticard to do a relief design. Plenty to do before finishing touches like that though.

I'm liking where it going but what do we think, on the right track here or silly like some of my hater friends?

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,752 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
i think the prior image with a short beak (not protruding past gun barrels) looked more natural

this is a step too far imho

the swirly villain mustache is a pass too

i like the idea of ww2 nose art
  • FearPeteySodes likes this

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpg

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,453 posts

chime in with tigurius, i liked the shorter beak as well! your latest looks good too, amazing sculpting regardless!

Edited by Wispy, 10 September 2018 - 05:09 PM.

• FearPeteySodes likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1)