The Storm Stalkers - WiP Blog

Good stuff, can you please tell how you did the green stuff beard in post 360?

Please excuse grammar, spelling mistakes and such.

Thanks! I did a walk through of the hair a ways back if this helps: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/322036-the-storm-stalkers-fpss-wip-blog/?p=4863855

Its basically the same as how i do beards and fur really, just smaller/finer. If that doesn't help let know and I can go over it in a different way or some specific detail i missed!

Paint! I was crazy dumb for thinking id finish before having to go back to work but shoot for the stars right? Speaking of stars:

gallery_2327_11680_801954.jpeg

gallery_2327_11680_44468.jpeg

Lots to do but he's already got some personality in the face and saga markings. The work continues!

Almost there!

gallery_2327_11680_341004.jpeg

gallery_2327_11680_425173.jpeg

I built a few more long fangs when i couldnt paint this week too to rep my stratagem boyz (hellfire/flakk). Hellfire heavy bolter reaped his tally on sunday so that was awesome. Flakk never got used but it wasnt a good matchup so i dont hold it against them. Those get painted next!

gallery_2327_11680_977492.jpeg

Main reason to take the HB is for the hellfires so i liked the idea that he made off with a few crates of rounds when he returned to the chapter haha.

Edited by FearPeteySodes

Thanks brothers! Yea I hope to have sometime this weekend to finish him, there’s not a crazy amount to do. I’d like to experiment with some more traditional heat effects (not my standard blue/plasma) on the JP, do a few smaller details, and the base before calling him done. I need to clean up the fur a bit too, I think I got a bit over zealous with the dry brush. It’s a hard spot to do it.

Lol don’t hate me Jarl, we are brothers!

yup i agree with the peanut gallery...you are on a level all your own master artificer

as a joe schmoe hobbyist i am like why even bother hahaha

i assemble and play....if I'm feeling inspired i slap a noob paint job on it.

i come here to get my fix for true wolf art and am always impressed

Heh the last thing i want is to demotivate! My gaming group is pretty diverse too, Im definitely the most hobby motivated but i get reigned in my more competition oriented buds.

If they were all as fluffy as me I never would have gotten back into tournaments which would be a shame. So I totally get it! FWIW though I love reading your thread too! lots of cool modeling ideas :)

Herlief Badstar, Company of the Great Wolf battle leader. The name "Bad Star" has been given to a chosen few members and honorary members of the 6th legion over the millennia. It signifies one whom ill omens follow. In his case, he is the omen. For whomever of the enemy should find themselves deemed the most dangerous will find death streaking towards them on wings of fire bringing the judgement of the All-father.

gallery_2327_11680_800767.jpeg

gallery_2327_11680_649956.jpeg

gallery_2327_11680_844333.jpeg

gallery_2327_11680_273710.jpeg

Thanks brothers!

Amazing work.  How did you achieve the engine glow on the jump-pack?

Mostly airbrush cheating on that one. Went with VMC Red as a base which is a super dull, flat red, then worked up to evil sunz scarlet, VMC bright orange, then Yriel Yellow, all super super thinned and applied slow getting closer to the actual ports with each color.  After that I went in and did some edge highlighting to pop the colors with a 50/50 yellow/white sort of  straw color then extreme edge pure white.

• 2 weeks later...

Just stunning work, every time I look at this piece I have to mentally nudge myself that he is a normal scale marine, not 58mm scale, such great detail, the fine scroll work on the top of the jump-pack, on his face  and then you go and add battle damage to such a well painted piece, it's just another level.

I'm gonna stop blowing smoke up your bum now and let someone else. :biggrin.:

Dang thanks brothers! I really appreciate the kind words!

I’m in Adepticon prep mode now so the wolves are going to be slow until March. I have 3 new longfangs I need to do but other than that it’s massive display board time...

Yep! Without giving too much away Im going with a Vigilus theme. It's all planned out, I'm swinging for the fences on a lot of elements though, so where we end up is sure to be interesting. Im documenting it all the stages though so I'll do a writeup on here too! 

Smoke, writing actual code to go into the damn thing, LEDS, what seems to be 12 types of resins... Its going to either be amazing or a hilarious lesson, both will be entertaining.

*Edit for pre-coffee spelling, could be fumes though, I canT Teldsdfsll,..s.a.sd.v..vb

**Thump

Edited by FearPeteySodes