The Storm Stalkers - WiP Blog

Those Metallica are working for you.

You could do a Seahorsey Wolf (dunno wot it’s called).

Seriously though, you always make good decisions. The leviathan plates are crenellated though and that’s unique to them. I wouldn’t do any designs that go to close to that detailing already on the model. I’d say you want to keep that feature and not confuse the viewer too much.

Yea I know what you mean. Ive been practicing my drawing using http://jonaslaumarkussen.com/ but im suuuuper out of practice. I'd like to create a design that highlights the shape like you say.

I still have time though, regardless of what happens I need to finish the basics of the thing. Any flourishes will be the dessert!

Link is blockd so will look when I get off this rig.

I am cheating and got myself some decal paper, so I can sketch/ print and apply... First attempts were total disasters though

The bands on that second pic look really nice. Maybe white bands would be great.

I'm guessing you've seen Malcharion's stuff. Particularly as you said your doing a Raven Guard contemptor. If you haven't then you should def check it out. It's these sort of patterns, he's done a bunch of big dreads and he's done first class Raven Guard.

The bands on that second pic look really nice. Maybe white bands would be great.

I'm guessing you've seen Malcharion's stuff. Particularly as you said your doing a Raven Guard contemptor. If you haven't then you should def check it out. It's these sort of patterns, he's done a bunch of big dreads and he's done first class Raven Guard.

I hadnt actually, its really nice thanks for the recommendation!

Dantay, lol I didnt say that..... :rolleyes: 

Got some work done on it last night. I also broke out the palette paper to make an outline stencil so I can derp around designing something. We'll see how it goes.

Phew...

med_gallery_2327_11680_26318.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_886951.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_278160.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_1035154.jpeg

I just decided to go for the original design, I realized Hrimthursar Arn Therod has a similar thing going where the design enters and leaves the area. I love that you guys suggested the silver/grey I like the subtle look.

A few more details to go then weapons for the first piece of vow 1!

Great job! Love it. The two colours look great on the pattern. The pattern is also strong enough for the viewer to follow across the gaps with no problem. He’s looking great. Wolf pelt is very nice painted too.

Huzzah. He looks great. Very very nice glow on the plasma weapons. Also on the runes. Particularly the left shoulder. The stuck on mud is a nice touch. Considering the model starts with no wolf features you’ve done a great job inducting him into your Space Wolves. The wolf pelt was love at first sight for me, that’s my favourite bit. Brilliant!

Your Wolf Priest is looking great already. Your on a roll.

• 2 weeks later...

Life check! Slow progress this week, new babies will do that!

Got the stormwolf all basecoated and highlighted though while the little pup sleeps! Super happy about it though because that stormwolf was the biggest part of my ETL vow. Once I get it done it’s smooth sailing with essentially 6 PA models.

My two new dreads arrived too so it’s definately motivation to finish my vow since they won’t get started on until it’s complete.

Oh boy, I have no idea haha! It’s a design inspired by the same period in Viking art (urnes, 1050-1125) as the design on my leviathan.

I mostly just tried to put something on that fit the shape nicely. I like the Norns idea if I hadn’t named my Razorbacks for them.