The Storm Stalkers - WiP Blog

you might even be able to capture some of the rotational movement with blowing snow or arcing lightning, like you did with your Badstar Smash Jarl.

edit: just some ideas, i respect this is a very involved and complicated conversion and that you're also insanely capable and will make what art makes sense for you :)

Edited by Wispy

mmm nad trying to capture the cinematics using 2 adittional hammers in the rotation so with 3 will be like and helix and showing really the movement?

maybe even 2 halfs do the job since they need to be blurry ...

http://elix.aero/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/elix-plane.jpg

Your work on your Lone Wolf with his companion wolves is awesome! Had me missing the old edition Lone Wolves rules.

Sigh, haven’t gotten to use that guy in a while......

You are not alone, mine having been collecting dust for a very long time. They were my favorite unit :sad.:

For the motion (if you wanted that) you could cut a circle of clear plasticard and paint the effect you want on it behind, thus only needing the one hammer, you can have electricity arcing off it that way

I used to do this for Airfix planes I had to capture motion Blur on the Props and arrange them to be dogfighting when pinned on my ceiling

So, like, I kind of forgot this thread existed, because I am dumb and stuff, but holy crap on the mountain, Batman, what a set of things.

Everything rules, obviously, and I especially appreciate the realistic snow accumulation on the Sicarian (born of firsthand knowledge), but I'd like to expound a bit on my very favorite thing so far:

GrFlur, Chazzmos and PeteySödes
  • Like 3

Thanks for the kind words and ideas Brothers!

I had to scrap the action pose for several reasons. For one raising an arm too far in TDA just seems to ruin it, the shoulders just don't allow for it in the way I needed for what was in my head. The second reason is the further i pushed it the more he was overshadowing Logan. Between his size and "loud" pose it was a bit much and I want him to compliment him not bury him. Here's where I landed:

gallery_2327_11680_56923.jpg

I of course thumbed the gorget before taking the pic but it's fixed now. Now that the pose is more of less settled I can finish the greaves and torso. The tasses are tacked on atm so I can add the detailing before putting them in place but i think the size and position is right. Plenty to do but I'm loving how deep Im needing to go in the minutia. It's relaxing to me hah.

Very nice work Petey.  When I saw the first WIP I thought the sculpting looked a bit rounded and potato like, but I can see you carving and scraping and getting some very nice edges.  I'm really looking forward to seeing this big boy finished, I'm considering using a gravis armour base for a conversion and always find inspiration in your work.