The Storm Stalkers - WiP Blog

gallery_2327_11680_326574.jpg

At the in-laws’ at the moment, and thus cannot scream a storm of cusses like I want to, but this is incredibly good, and makes me mad that I can’t hit your Renegade seminar. Phenomenal work as always.

Edited by Lexington

gallery_2327_11680_326574.jpg

At the in-laws’ at the moment, and thus cannot scream a storm of cusses like I want to, but this is incredibly good, and makes me mad that I can’t hit your Renegade seminar. Phenomenal work as always.

Bring em with! Papa needs a new thunderhawk! :D

Daaaaaaamn! :ohmy.:

Really like that head! The tattooing is especial nice. Adjacencies is gonna look awesome!

Thanks Brother! Hoping to knock out a bunch tonight! I started priming the base/body yesterday and realized i didn't finish flocking the base and had to rewind. Waiting for glue to dry if thats whats holding you up is the woooooooorst haha.

Hmmm. Any advice you can give for tattoos like that ?

Yea, i think for tattoos the color is the most important thing. I desaturate the color a bit with the base skin tone in order to make it look right. I thin with a little lamian medium and tiny bit of retarder medium as well. Other than that, a good pistol grip to steady and go light on the caffeine haha.

As with any freehand remember you can always go back with the background color to correct mistakes!

Thanks brothers! It felt like such a long time in the making, it’s a great feeling to have seen it through. Thank you all so much for the ideas and feedback throughout the build process. It’s made the journey all the more meaningful and worthwhile.

Just came back from Renegade, i did better than i expected with basically the least competitive yet fluffy list ever haha. I had to bring a totally new army to be eligible for best painted again so that ruled out a lot of the "good" choices in terms of competitive units. Plus the meta is like 60% marine (who are better than us by a mile) and the other 40% are designed to kill marines (who are better than us by a mile). Then theres me rocking terminators like its 3rd ed! :biggrin.:

I brought:

Vanguard Detachment 1

+ HQ +

Iron Priest on Thunderwolf: Helfrost pistol, Thunder hammer

Logan Grimnar: Warlord

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad: 4x Infilltrator, Infiltrator Helix Adept, Infiltrator Sergeant

+ Elites +

Great Company Ancient: Frost axe

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought: Cyclone missile launcher, 2x Twin autocannon

Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour
. Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour: Wolf Claws (Pair)
. Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour with Heavy Weapon: Assault cannon, Chainfist
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader in Terminator Armour: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

+ Heavy Support +

Land Raider Crusader: Hunter-killer missile, 2x Hurricane bolter, Storm bolter, Twin assault cannon

Vanguard Detachment 2

+ HQ +

Arjac Rockfist

Wolf Guard Battle Leader: Jump Pack, Storm shield, Thunder hammer

+ Elites +

Relic Sicaran Battle Tank: Heavy bolter, Storm bolter

Venerable Dreadnought
. Fenrisian Great Axe and Blizzard Shield: Blizzard shield, Fenrisian great axe

Wolf Guard 
. Wolf Guard: Storm bolter, Storm shield
. Wolf Guard: Chainsword, Storm bolter
. Wolf Guard: Chainsword, Storm bolter
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Storm bolter, Thunder hammer

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback: Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter, Twin assault cannon

My only goals were to get best painted, win one game, and beat a codex marines army if i faced them and I got all 3! Played 2 Iron Hands lists tabling one for almost max ITC battle points and lost 13-14 on the other. Moments of note:

Arjac one shotting a knight. He was the only one to make the charge after a bad dice streak popped the LRC early. Arjac rolls in with the fire of the Anvil shield and wails on the thing for basically max damage. Valiantly goes down fighting but before he does swipes again and cracks the :censored:  open. 

WG battle leader piling into some IH stalker intercessors for a tie up but kills 3 in the opponents turn. They roll double 6's for moral freeing him up in my turn to hop over the LOS terrain he was castled in and hammered his WL into the next dimension for Kingslayer. The Badstar made his bones and lived up to to the legend.

The expertly carved ruins on the LRC prevented a clutch Warp Time that very much won me the battle against Abbadon and the Black Legion. Abbadon and his heretic puppet master Were. Not. Pleased. 

All in all it was a great event. Looking forward to LVO where I wont have the self imposed list constraints and can go hard.

Fear, what the hell? Your Arjac is a towering achievement. The finish on him is faultless. I'm a little surprised at how well he came out considering how much of him you made from scratch. I thought there might be a tell in the green stuff or something. Exceptional.

Great to here your still getting to the events and doing so well too!