Dawn of War III is upon us!

Evil Eye

IT'S HAPPENING

So, uh, yeah. To say I am hyped is an understatement. I only see Spess Mehrens, Orks and Eldar thus far, but knowing Relic we're bound to get some of the other races in expansions.

So who else is ready to sacrifice their wallets to Relic?

The Space Marines have really odd proportions....

That was the one thing that I really didn't like about it. Skinny marines? Er... unsure.png

I didn't get the whole "it's raining over-men!" but it's still pretty cool :)

Do we know yet if it's going to be skirmish-level, or big-battles level ? I'd love it if there were some grand-strategy level, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much for that...

I didn't get the whole "it's raining over-men!" but it's still pretty cool smile.png

Do we know yet if it's going to be skirmish-level, or big-battles level ? I'd love it if there were some grand-strategy level, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much for that...

It doesn't look like skirmish at the moment: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dawn-of-war-3s-first-screenshots-show-deadly-orbit/1100-6439472/

I didn't get the whole "it's raining over-men!" but it's still pretty cool smile.png

It doesn't look like skirmish at the moment: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dawn-of-war-3s-first-screenshots-show-deadly-orbit/1100-6439472/

Kewl :)

(I should probably have guessed as much with the preview of Knights and Wraithknights X) )

Think its more of a metaphor, that whole video is laced with them and seems to be a statement on the endless war and death of the 41st millennium.

Think its more of a metaphor, that whole video is laced with them and seems to be a statement on the endless war and death of the 41st millennium.

I hope so...

I took the "raining men" to be a nod to tyranid bio-mass consumption pools. The crater walls around the area where the "rain was" could be a further hint.

Though I could be way off.

As long as they don't go back to DOW1 style base building I'll be there day one.

Afaik, it'll echo DOW1 more so than DOW2 - though they will be keeping aspects of both. 

I took the "raining men" to be a nod to tyranid bio-mass consumption pools. The crater walls around the area where the "rain was" could be a further hint.

To me, the whole trailer was a dream sequence. The whole thing is metaphorical, including the dead bodies raining from the sky. To me, I believe it represents slaughter.

As long as they don't go back to DOW1 style base building I'll be there day one.

Afaik, it'll echo DOW1 more so than DOW2 - though they will be keeping aspects of both. 

To me, the whole trailer was a dream sequence. The whole thing is metaphorical, including the dead bodies raining from the sky. To me, I believe it represents slaughter.

Olis gets it. Pay attention oh confused ones.

Hum, it's just that it seems a very clumsy attempt. If you want a metaphor, you could make it a bit more criptic then: "it's raining bodies", and it's not like they've ever shied away from depictions of violence

Cryptic is all well and good for the likes of us, brother. We know what's going on. But for the uninitiated? It's quite an apt metaphor. Dawn of War has been a major resource for the hobby in general - countless times I have greeted new members who've told the tale of cutting their teeth on that franchise. Bodies raining from the sky sums up matters fairly succinctly, imo.

Dawn of War was my introduction to 40k, for certain.

As stated, it had a very nice, metaphorical, dreamlike quality to it. Like it was less a scene in the actual universe, but a grimmed-up Wreck-it Ralph look into what it's like to be a unit in a Dawn of War game.

It was very pretty and had a lot of great moments (++engine kill++), and while I'd prefer the DOW II Space Marine proportions, it didn't detract from the video at all for me.

Archived