WH40k FAQ First Draft

I've been combing the FAQ released on GW's official WH40k facebook page and I'm trying to see if there's anything relevant there for us Sisters.

So far, all I've seen is we can no longer borrow Drop Pods. RIP Ordo Hereticus Strike Force, we will miss you.

Why can we no longer borrow drop pods?

Battle Brothers can't start the game in an Ally's transport.
Which section was that under, I couldn't find it?
Last question of Detachments & Formations.

Hang on,I found the rule, but I also had another look at the allies matrix.

Imperium of Man is all listed as one faction, so doesn't that mean we could still borrow drop pods?

IIRC IoM count as Battle Brothers when dealing with different codexes, so no.

Seeing as how I have independent characters paired up with the factions in their own drop pods..yeah..gonna just be ignoring that "rule clarification". There's going to be too much of a disagreement between GW and 40k players as is to allow the change anyway

Seeing as how I have independent characters paired up with the factions in their own drop pods..yeah..gonna just be ignoring that "rule clarification". There's going to be too much of a disagreement between GW and 40k players as is to allow the change anyway

ICs joining a unit operate a bit differently than grand theft drop pod though.

Also this is a draft, not a final version. That's next week.

Also this is a draft, not a final version. That's next week.

True enough...but I still see people flat out ignoring it. Especially if Imperium of Man doesn't count as one faction for the sake of the rule. Not that it really matters outside of that one thing. It's not like you'd ever see orks arriving by chaos drop pods or anything anyhow for example. There's really not many BB selections.

IoM are the biggest offenders of the cheese fest that tactic uses (excluding the rare fluffy list that is) so I would rather they put some restrictions into the game to curb the cheese.

DE lose a little too as Banshee caddies but the IoM are definitely too cheesy on some combos.

Those were some funny parts, especially as I've had some fun talks with friends about scouting buildings. I'm okay I think with the grenade in CC change, we can still get 1" away and all huck'em. For the drop pod, that saddens me because that was my next purchase and I was pretty excited to paint it up AS style.

While all of this is (incrediblly!) wonderful of GW, and I'm psycked on the "final draft" in a bit. We still need updated codex and what-not from GW with what editions, including FW, are legal.

Exactly how are they different when it comes to what faction they belong to? They made it clear in other FAQ sections that units of mixed factions don't allow things like Preferred Enemy to work for the very reason they are mixed faction.

It looks to me like even Inquisitors won't be able to hitch rides in the Stormravens of their allies anymore, according to this FAQ then.

Exactly how are they different when it comes to what faction they belong to? They made it clear in other FAQ sections that units of mixed factions don't allow things like Preferred Enemy to work for the very reason they are mixed faction.

It looks to me like even Inquisitors won't be able to hitch rides in the Stormravens of their allies anymore, according to this FAQ then.

Yeah. They never mentioned any sort of exceptions to the clarification. So even ICs don't seem to be exempt.

If some of these FAQs stay the way they are, we've got way bigger problems then just borrowing transports :p

Really? That's the way I've always played them in 7th and I've not really had -too- many problems with it. I figured the different profile alone meant they were required to be fired and resolved independently.

Really? That's the way I've always played them in 7th and I've not really had -too- many problems with it. I figured the different profile alone meant they were required to be fired and resolved independently.

Until now there was a 'Template' section under special rules which said you got to fire them all at the same time to ensure maximum coverage on the target (makes sense).

With this change that obviously doesn't happen, and it makes me question what that part of the rulebook DOES apply to, because it seems pretty redundant now :p

Anyway, In most cases, it's going to mean the Heavy flamer upgrade isn't really worth it over a regular flamer in a mixed unit.

This is a nerf :p  Though not as bad as the krak grenades in assault thing which seriously makes things difficult for us, though our penitent engines just became a lot more survivable.

When an IC is joined to a unit they count as part of that unit. So unless something changed there they should still be able to tag along.

Um... does this mean I can use 3rd Edition Blood Angels or Codex: Witchhunters since, you know, those are the books I own - assuming my opponent agrees? o.O

Q: What books/codexes/supplements are the most current?
A: We recommend you use the latest published books that are in your collection – the copyright date (which is usually beneath the contents) will let you know which book is the most recent. Some older books might not work with the latest rules, and it’s up to you and your opponent to agree which to use.

Archived