Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Higher Call [DH] OOC Thread

The Higher Call Commissar Molotov Dark Heresy OOC

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,332 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Castigators

THCW_zpsbkrid1n8.png

(Edited 18.05.16)

The Higher Call is a narrative PBP roleplay game focusing on the exploits of Septimus Cell, a group of Inquisitorial acolytes in service to a mysterious Inquisitor known as The Lady Amaranthe. It is also a game with a history. Between 2010 and 2013, we ran the game and had a great deal of fun - but real life got in the way. 

The creation of this sub-forum (and some careful discussion with my players) has lead to the drive to resurrect the game. 

This thread provides a venue for players (and spectators) to discuss the game and strategise accordingly. 

Edited by Commissar Molotov, 18 May 2016 - 04:54 PM.

• Noctus Cornix, *Furyou Miko, Olis and 1 other like this

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,850 posts

I'll be watching with interest. Or maybe getting greedy and volunteering. I don't know, I haven't decided yet. :P

gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Conn Eremon

Conn Eremon

++ SCRIBA VILLOSUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,002 posts
  • Chapter Name: Emerald Tigers
So we'll have some returning players taking up their characters once more as veteran, and new players creating freshly recruited characters?

Sounds like fun. Couple things I would suggest: If there is to be a power level difference between the veterans and the recruits, I would make sure it's not an insurmountable one. Make it an easily bridged gap, y'know? I'd also suggest you make sure new players don't feel left out for not having been part of the older campaigns.

They're not particularly necessary suggestions, I'm sure, just a couple thoughts I had.

Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes

Guilliman Heresy | Corax Coup | Conn's DIY Projects | Liber Surgery

B&C's play-by-post subforum is now live!

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Infernal

Tagged for interest...

we_badge_optimvschrist.png

JackDaw

JackDaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 445 posts
So yep, I'm in. Worryingly Mols already had a near-perfect idea of my favourite type of rp character to play....

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,074 posts
  • Chapter Name: Chapter of the Ruined King

Seeing as Dosjetka's group already has a pretty hefty number of committed players to its list, I think I will pull my hand from the Emperor's Call to help alleviate the pressure on them and join in this group, if that's alright. I already played the old Dark Heresy missions (albeit a long time ago) so I think I'd prefer playing something new and unique. 

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,332 posts

Hey all, thanks for getting the thread off to a fantastic start. 

The first two episodes of THC (from 2010-2012) can be found here, on the Ammobunker. I've cut away episode III, which ended prematurely, so that things can be made a little neater. Those of you who are interested may wish to have a gander to see how things were done, but it's not necessary - and, in some ways, it might be better - because your characters wouldn't know anything of what Septimus Cell got up to.

I've spoken to Slipstreams because, although this game is using Dark Heresy settings, adventures, character types and themes, it won't be bound to dice rolls and skill tests. It's roleplaying rather than rollplaying - and, in some ways, is a GM-led collaborative story adventure, where I drop you into awkward situations and see you squirm to get out. THC was my favourite GMing experience, and one I desperately want to rekindle. 

Conn - Because this is narrative-based, it veers from something Eisenhorn-esque through Dark Heresy and into Ascension. I would love to see the Cell develop and one of its members possibly even eventually become an Interrogator. My current thought process is that the Episode will start with two cells of individuals being merged together. There's an opportunity for the "new" players to have bonds already, which will add an interesting dynamic.

At the moment, my confirmed player is the Acolyte Prime from Septimus Cell, an Arbitrator by the name of Artemis Stroud played by Marovian. I'm waiting on feedback from others. JackDaw has expressed interest in playing a Penal Legionnaire who has been seconded to the Cell - a sort of Lijah Cuu-esque character. 

I'm open to see what people are keen to bring to the table. For reference, the cell's previous members have included: An Imperial Preacher (who got some very interesting fan-art), an officer from the Imperial Navy, an Imperial Guard heavy weapons trooper, a hive ganger, a Tech-Priest and a voidborn swordswoman. 

THC players don't need to feel confined to Dark Heresy classes, though they will play an influence on character creation and such. I think the Cell would benefit from a wide range of players and character types, but feel free to have a think for yourself what characters would interest you to play! 

Edited by Commissar Molotov, 10 May 2016 - 04:20 PM.

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,074 posts

Would a Tech-Priest of the Magos Biologis be an acceptable addition?

Edited by Noctus Cornix, 10 May 2016 - 05:20 PM.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,112 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII-284BTN

If you have space for another player, I'd definitely be interested. I much prefer more narrative-based rp'ing than dice-focused stuff. I'll try and get a character together sometime this week.

"Welcome, Soldier of Dorn. Reborn from the ashes of The Psycho. Rise and stride forth with righteous fury and purpose. In the name of Terra, Dorn, and the Emperor."

- Dosjetka

7npa4ds.jpggallery_78067_11287_11575.png

The Burden of Duty: The VII Legion

[+++latest update+++]

A Cruel Angels Thesis

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,416 posts

I too an interested...would this be using 1st or 2nd ed DH rules or something else?  

gallery_92768_11583_3171.png                         gallery_92768_11583_2220.jpg

My Legio XII Project Log                                                                             

My Ultramarines Primaris Plog

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,332 posts

Hey all, 

As before, I'm really excited to see such a positive response. 

This is a game that, in certain ways, does bring some baggage. I will be trying to update the first post as we continue with all the information that people will need. 

The game takes place in the Dalthus Sector, an area of space in the Ultima Segmentum that has been the setting for much of my INQ28 gaming. It's a setting that has played host to different gaming days, and has seen the presence of GW luminaries such as John Blanche and Andy Hoare.

Dalthus%20Revised%20v31_zps5ekcbv0e.png

The game takes place during 911.M41, so 88 years before the "current" 40k timeline. 

The roleplayers of the THC team have had a long history of adding details to the sector that have been picked up and carried forward: to whit, please see the first post over the next few days! 

Would a Tech-Priest of the Magos Biologis be an acceptable addition?

After your post, I went and had a look at the Lathe Worlds supplement to see what information I could find about the Genetors. I'm a little unsure, honestly, if only because the Genetors seem rather senior in the hierarchy of the Adeptus Mechanicus and I wonder whether service such as this would be beneath them. I'm keen for there to be a Tech-Priest (and to see a player play one well) but I wonder whether a more traditional Tech-Priest might be better? (That said, this team could well need a medic!)  

If you have space for another player, I'd definitely be interested. I much prefer more narrative-based rp'ing than dice-focused stuff. I'll try and get a character together sometime this week.

Certainly keen to have people on board! Let me know the sort of character archetypes you're willing to play and we can discuss further. 

I too an interested...would this be using 1st or 2nd ed DH rules or something else?  

As I said in my previous post, this is all at once - and none. This will be heavily inspired by Dark Heresy in terms of character types and character creation, but will not be bound to skill tests and dice rolls. It's more important to come up with good characters and be a good group player. 

As soon as I've posted this response I will be adding material to the first post. 

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,074 posts
I totally understand and agree with your sentiment. That being said, I wasn't really considering a Genetor but rather instead one of the many lesser tech-priests that work beneath such a seat of office. A tech-priest who's being and mind that has been tasked only to technology and knowledge centered around the living body. He can function as a surgeon or physician while his primary role might have been to produce servitors and servo-skulls as a great depth of knowledge in human physiology is required to produce quality and functional servitors.

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,332 posts

I can see why the Ordo Hereticus could find such individuals useful, particularly in the investigation of genetic malfeasance. There could certainly be scope for a medic (or a torturer...) 

I could certainly see your character with a servo-skull! 

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,074 posts
I saw that there was something of a template that the characters on the Ammobunker used for their profile. Do you want us to use something similar to that?

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,332 posts

Hey, I think that's probably a good thing. 

Per your request, I've created a biography template that can be used below. 

Please be prepared to be flexible with your character so that they can be adjusted to fit the setting and such. 

There is one stipulation, however - no member of the Cell has (to their knowledge) ever met or even seen the Lady Amaranthe - although she has taken a certain interest in you... 

Spoiler

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,112 posts

I was going to send you a PM, Mol, but it appears your inbox is full.

I'm primarily interested in playing a sort of bounty hunter type, sort of in the same vein as Harlon Nayl from the Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies, but a more serious type of character than the aforementioned. I sorta had the character McCree from the new Overwatch game in mind when picturing the character, but also elements of Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name aesthetically speaking. I tend to gain a picture of the character in my mind, and that backstory flows organically from that. So, yeah, a bounty hunter. Does that work for you?

"Welcome, Soldier of Dorn. Reborn from the ashes of The Psycho. Rise and stride forth with righteous fury and purpose. In the name of Terra, Dorn, and the Emperor."

- Dosjetka

[+++latest update+++]

A Cruel Angels Thesis

Easy E

Easy E

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts

I am very excited to be back with Septimus Cell!  The Higher Call was a great experience and I look forward to continuing the story.  

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,074 posts

xOwcAWL5_zpsmx2holuh.jpg

Asaph 6-72

Affiliation: Septimus Cell (The Lady Amaranthe)
Divination: "A Duty Worthy of Service is Worthy of Sacrifice "

Physical Description
In a time past, one might have marveled at the mastery of marriage between genetic perfection and the purity of machine. With age and neglect, the flesh will wither and the metal will rust. The Chirurgeon is a towering figure of intimidating presence. The body beneath its tattered mantle is decayed, a pallid gray texture where once there had been skin of brilliant caramel. Its form is ribbed and gangly, vat-grown musculature past its use into malnourished degeneration, only held aloft by dense bone structure and whirring servos. Crude limb replacements and cast frames have been used to keep the savant at functioning capabilities with no small measure of discomfort. Smaller blade and manipulator limbs are infused to its chest and abdomen, what few mechandrites that have seen routine maintenance to ensure it can function.  Its face is a ghoulish visage, lower jaw removed in place of tubed respirator units that cover up to the nose and small mandible-limbs that protrude from the neck and cheeks. Its eyes are gone, abandoned leaving only hollowed sockets. Its singular 'third' eye, a crimson optical lens protruding from the forehead is its only form of vision, though it often relies on visual-feed provided through its servo-skull thralls that follow in Asaph's wake.

Personality

Despite its revanent appearance and extended time in isolation, Asaph 6-72 shows few signs of mental degeneration. Having undergone extensive mind-cleansing several decades ago, the savant of the Mechanicum upholds to the standards of the Machine-Cult of Mars, pure in duty and its pursuit of knowledge. As a former servant of the Magos Biologis, Genetor Mistress Kysla, Asaph keeps to the philosophy of its schooling and a ardent believer in Primus Humanum, the purity of the human form and humanities place as the image of the God Emperor's design. As a Chirurgeon and a scholar of Mutara, it upholds to the Hippocratic Oath of the Biologis Creed, an excellent physician and astute in the guarded knowledge of  Servo-Skull and Servitor reclamation. 

What few behavioral protocol deviations  only came to light once the Tech-Priest was abandoned in the lower hives of Meggdon. There, amongst the people ravaged by disease and crime, it found a new purpose, its own purpose. Even in isolation Asaph 6-72 never abandoned its Hippocratic Oath. Withered flesh and short-circuiting machinery are regularly sterilized, general practice was provided to those in need and lives who did not endanger others were always given care in desperate times. It began to produce signs of  protective tendencies in its cranial circuitry a kindness rarely seen in the Scions of Mars. Instances of suicidal tendencies were exhibited during isolation from the Mechanicus, both at its own hands and at that of local gangs. The Tech-savant displayed little sense of self-preservation and always put its duty above its own survival. How it has continued to function, even if in such poor condition, is a miracle unto itself.

Prior Life
Rank/Position: Chirurgeon, Adeptus Mechanicus (Mutaran Biologis)
What life kind  of person the Chirurgeon known as Asaph 6-72, what kind they lived before they became a Servant of the Omnissiah, it is irrelvant. What archives that might withhold such information are likely buried beneath an avalanche of data and files to the teeming billions that have lived and died on the forgeworld of Mutara. What records might have told was a youth that sought to join the Crimson Guard Skitarii. In that time, the Youth showed an aptitude for medical practice, destined to be a field-medic of the forgeworld's proud military arm, yet it was that exceptional score which drew the eye of the Genetor Mistress Kysta. With strong ties to the Fabricator General and the necessity of her duty to the Geneseed scrutiny to the Castigators Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes, the Magos Biologis with ease plucked the youth from the dream to be amongst the skitarii and into the life of a Chirurgeon.

That was when such past lives were made irrelevant, purged from memory and the youth ceased to be a she, now nothing more than an it. Asaph 6-72, Seventy-Second Chirurgeon of the sixth tier in service to the Mutara Biologis and Genetor Mistress Kysta. The moniker 'Asaph' is little more than a pet name given at a whim by the capricious Magos, a name taken from the scrolls of ancient Hippocratic Oaths in the sand deserts or Arica on distant Terra in ages long past. Body and mind, shaped to the Genetor's whim, soul given to service to the Omnissiah and the Cult of Mars, Asaph 6-72 became a tech-priest of Mutara and a physician of the Biologis. It was in these years that life was dedicated purely to the pursuit of knowledge and honing one's craft, spilling over data-crypts and tomes without rest, providing services to the mining-slaves in tending to their wounded as practice. 6-72 rose quickly from the eighth tier to the sixth, and perhaps they might have risen further in esteem, were it not for the fate to come.

In a diplomatic service to the Hive nobility of Meggdon as mediator between the Houses and the Adeptus Astartes, Genetor Kysta arrived with her cohort of bodyguards and attendants. Asaph 6-71 was among her acolytes who were selected to join in the trip. An assassination attempt was made on the  Genetor's life, an attack that was believed to be orchestrated by the Vinculits, though there was never any proof. There, in that ensuing ambush along the catwalks of the landing bays Asaph fell, caught by a las shot o the chest cavity and sent plummeting over the edge. 

As fate would have it, the Chirurgeon would survive the fall, bloodied and broken from the damage and falling into the sewage canals of the underhive. Asaph dragged itself from the murky waters and collapsed, its mind shutting down slowly as it began to repair itself by necessity. After it awoke from the hibernation protocol, 6-72 found itself sranded deep in the underhive of Meggdon, the Genetor alive and well but long gone from the planet now, the aspiring Chirurgeon simply assumed dead and forgotten. It was abandoned in that place. Yet it was here, in this dark underhive that the tech-savant found a people ravaged by disease, mutation, and crime. Though cut from its master, the savant of the Biologis followed its Hippocratic Oath and found new purpose in service to this forgotten children of the Emperor, a lonely shepherd tending to its lost flock. 

Inquisitorial Service
Potentially, there might be some background here.

Weaponry

Stubcarbine.jpg

• Stub Carbine

A weapon design unique to the Adeptus Mechanicus, the Stub Carbine is a weapon used often by bodyguards to Mechanicus officials and by the more famously known Sicarian Infiltrators. Created after the original designs of the Heavy Stubber, the Carbine offers a more light weight and versatile unit while sacrificing little stopping power of its progenitor. As a member of only the sixth tier of servants to the Genetor Mistress, Asaph and its fellow Chirurgeons some times served as a first line of protection for their Mistress, beyond combat servitors to ensure there was no needless expenditure of her real bodyguards. This Stub Carbine was the firearm issued to 6-72 in the case of that task which would fatefully lead to its abandonment. The weapon remains with the Chrurgeon to this day as its only real weapon.

• Mechandrite Blades

Under its Hippocratic Oath as part of the Biologis Creed, Asaph 6-72 is a surgeon above all else and as such may never turn its blades against another human as part to due harm (save for such sanctioned moments when 'forceful interrogation' is required. To use its surgical blades against another, even in the midst of combat, would be a direct violation of that Oath. A myriad of mechancical talons and blade-ended limbs protrude from the savant's body, each a tool made for the sole purpose of medical practice, and will only be used as a means of self-defense in the most dire of situations.

Clothing

• Mechanicus Robes and Vestments

To this day, Asaph still wears the tattered, crimson vestments of the Mechanicus, though they hardly mean anything now with little connection to its former home world or its faction. 

• Flak Greatcoat

Atop its ghoulish exterior and shorn robes, Asaph wears a a ragged, dark brown greatcoat woven with this flak protection to provide some means of defense. The greatcoat doubles as a means of obscuring its imagine. Though it may be detached from human emotions, the Chirurgeon is aware enough of the reaction most would have to its presence and so keeps its face hidden beneath that heavy hood, some times donning a crude corvian billed mask as was the tradition of such physicians in ancient Terra.

Equipment

• Medicae Mechandrites

Several flexible limbs protrude from the savant's reinforced cyber-mantle, two-metre long appendages fixed with an array of syringes, scalpels, drills, and all manner of devices used almost solely for the task of surgery, though some may double for the more mundane taskes required of a Tech-Priest's holy duties to the machine.

• Medicae Kit

Alongside its Mechandrites Asaph carries a medikit containing the necessities of various cataplasm patches, contraseptics and synth-skin as well as basic medical tools and some stimm doses, though much of the Chirurgeon's supplies have begun to run dry. The kit also doubles easily as an Excruciator kit, the Chirurgeon able to use its knowledge of the human body to its advantage when information is needed, though such times are rare and the priest of Mutara is reluctant to do so.

• Combi-Tools

Though a savant of the Bilogis Creed, 6-72 is still a Scion of Mars and, as such, is versed in the tasks required of one of its office. A specialist in Servoskull and Servitor reclamation, the Tech-Priest carries the bizarre utility tools needed to tend to the many machines that ensure the Imperium's continued function.

• Servo-Skulls

As an expert in reclamation rites, Asaph has filled its innate loneliness and shotcomings with a small host of Servo-Skulls that follow in its wake. These small, monotasked machines riding on mundane anti-gravity devises help provide the Chirurgeon with some tasks that it cannot functionally do on its own or assist in its tasks. One Servo-skull is fixed with many optic lenses, ribbed cabling connecting it to the tech-savant's cortex implants, helping by providing a greater depth of vision and magnification. Another provides illumination by a cracked Lumen-globe, bright enough to illuminate the dark in a limited space but more importantly allow 6-72 to work in dim places. The last two servo-skulls are little more than assistants, fitted with discarded medical equipment cleansed and repurposed to aide the surgeon and tech-priest in its work. Without a proper generator station to charge them,  Asaph connects them to its internal Potentia-Coil through several cables from the Electro-Grafts protruding from its back. There they hide in their dormant stat beneath the chirurgeon's greatcoat as they charge, giving the savant an almost hunch-back like outline when all four are underneath.

Mementoes

• Memento

This will be allocated by the GM - leave this blank!

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,332 posts

I was going to send you a PM, Mol, but it appears your inbox is full.

I'm primarily interested in playing a sort of bounty hunter type, sort of in the same vein as Harlon Nayl from the Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies, but a more serious type of character than the aforementioned. I sorta had the character McCree from the new Overwatch game in mind when picturing the character, but also elements of Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name aesthetically speaking. I tend to gain a picture of the character in my mind, and that backstory flows organically from that. So, yeah, a bounty hunter. Does that work for you?

Thanks for the notification - I've removed enough detritus from my inbox that people should be able to PM me if necessary. If not, you can always get hold of me at inq28blog@gmail.com

A hunter type could be good - the Cell already has an arbitrator in it, but the desperado archetype has a wide range of possibilities, from a grizzled hunter tracking down escaped mutant slaves to a Boba Fett-type. By all means, have a think as to the sort of character you want to play and start to develop your concept.

I am very excited to be back with Septimus Cell!  The Higher Call was a great experience and I look forward to continuing the story.  

Glad to have you onboard (and to see that you got through the B+C's account creation!) 

If you can have a look at the post in the Ammobunker's Folio thread and bring Astellan over to this thread, it would be awesome.

Asaph 6-72...

An interesting character that made me a little uncomfortable to begin with - but he's certainly ratcheting up the grimdark! I do like the research you'd clearly done into Dalthus and the Mutaran Demesne. By the end, I'd come to think of him as a 40k version of Davros... I see there being potential in the idea of him asserting a personality and interacting with the others, though he might be difficult to infiltrate or merge with others.

Whilst leaving the Demesne would be a difficult thing, and he's clearly been traumatised, I do think it's a little shame he feels such a disconnect from the Mechanicus. Then again, there's story potential for when you meet more "orthodox" followers of the Omnissiah...

My biggest request would be that you pick a different name for him, if only because with Artemis and Astellan, we have a lot of A-names? A suggestion would be Galen? Since you've referred to him repeatedly as 6-72 throughout, it's a small thing.

Really excited to see things shaping up, though! 

I do particularly like the research you've clearly done into Dalthus and the Mutaran Demesne. 

Easy E

Easy E

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts
3f215172.jpg

Scribe Astelan
Divination: "A mind without purpose will wander in dark places."

Physical Description
Astelan is bent of back and short of stature. He has a long lean face, and an unhealthy, pale, gaunt look about him. He is clearly balding at the top, but what hair left to him is dark, greasy, lanky and unkept. A bar code has been branded into his forehead. His left hand has been encased into a crude, semi-bionic writing device that extends in a visible exo-skeleton up through the shoulder. He has not removed the devise in 15 years.

Personality
A humble servant who is unused to the rough and tumble life outside of the admin-dome.  A compulsive organizer and chronicler with an unnatural love for books and the written word.  His service in the Inquisition has challenged him in ways that have made him question his own motivations and sanity.     

Prior Life
Rank/Position: Hereditary Scribe (Section VII, Sub-Section XII, Cube XLII, Seat XV-A), Hyadean Administrative Data-Hive 
Astelan was a proud and diligent member of a guild of Hereditary Scribes deep within the bowels of the Hyadean Administrative Data-Hive. His life was one of duty; he did not imagine that there was a world outside the confines of his daily routines. Instead, he was content to busy himself with his role and his purpose. At the age of 41, after over 25 years serving in the Inscription unit, Astelan illuminated a text that was never meant for his eyes to see. The text has since vanished, and Astealn was offered a simple choice, death or service in the Inquisition. Astelan lived to serve. In exchange, the scribe was made mute, so the secrets he records will might never pass his lips.

Inquisitorial Service
- A member of Septimus Cell seconded to Interrogator Brandt under Lady Amaranthe.  Served under Acolyte Prime Helbrecht.  Currently assigned to Acolyte Prime Stroud

Clothing
  • Robes
-
  • Flak Vest
A flak armour vest typical of those given to the Imperial Guard. Comprises of several layers of ablative and impact-absorbent material. Worn under Astelan's robes.

Equipment
  • Backpack
Used for carrying things.
  • Scribe's Tools
Upon Astelan’s left hand and arm is a dizzying array of auto-quills, calligraphy tools, ink injectors, and other illumination tools. These serve as the tools of the scribe’s trade. In a pinch, it can be used as an improvised weapon equivalent to Brass Knuckles.
  • Micro-Bead
A short-range communications device worn in the ear; typically, a micro-bead will have a range of about a kilometre.
  • Chronometer
A timepiece.
  • Data-Slate
A device used for storing and reading printed text and other media such as video or audio recordings.
  • Data-Slate
A device used for storing and reading printed text and other media such as video or audio recordings.
  • Glow-Globe
A source of illumination in the darkness. Capable of providing light for several hours before needing to be recharged.

Finances
0 Thrones

Mementos
A symbol of St. Oliander on a silver chain
A hereditary scribe's life is very proscribed. One cannot simply do what one wishes. You are a slave to the bureaucracy, and this vast labyrinth determines when you sleep, what you eat, where you say prayers, and who you pair with. Once, when he was young and foolish; Astelan tried to break these proscribed routines. His small rebellion was an unregistered, undocumented, and unapproved relationship with a fellow scribe of Section 8. It was quickly discovered and squashed. Astelan has only two reminders of those ancient days of rebellion, this small trinket and the permanent reprimand in his personnel file. St. Oliander is the patron saint of lost causes.

Edited by Easy E, 11 May 2016 - 12:23 PM.

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,074 posts
May I ask what about the character made you uncomfortable at first? :huh:

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,112 posts

OR8TNjV.jpg

Wyl Munny

Divination: “If a job is worth doing, it is worth dying for.”

Physical Description

An older man atypical of his occupation, Wyl Munny cuts an imposing figure nonetheless at nearly 2 meters. Gaunt of feature, gray-haired and stubbled, he is often seen wearing a trenchcoat and a wide-brimmed hat that obscures his eyes.

Personality

What can I say about Wyl Munny? He’s a quiet man, bit distant, but can be relied upon to get the job done. Never breaks his word, neither. Don’t cross him, though. Just… don’t. You don’t want to see the consequences of that choice. Ever.

- Anonymous, on the subject Wyl Munny

Prior Life

Rank/Position: Bounty hunter (certified under the Raptura Agreement of 540.M37)

Whatever Munny did before he became a bounty hunter is unknown, though there have been a wide range of theories ranging from Guard deserter to hive ganger. What is known, however, is that at some point he appeared in Hive Remus on Hyades one day, carrying the broken body of a prominent criminal slung over one shoulder and a smoking shotgun over the other, in full view of several officers of the Magistratum. Upon confronting this odd figure, the officers discovered that he had all proper documentation, certified by the Seal of Terra as a Throne-supported bounty hunter. From then on, whispers of the man began to circulate, his reputation gaining strength, eventually finding their way to an agent of the Lady Amaranthe…

Inquisitorial Service

Potentially, there might be some background here.

Weaponry

• Shotgun

Munny’s most frequently used weapon, it is the same battered gun he was carrying that day he encountered the Magistarum of Hyades.

• Stub Revolver

A commonly used backup weapon.

Clothing

• Heavy Leather Trenchcoat

-

• Flak Vest

Munny wears this vest beneath his coat for added protection.

• Preysense Goggles

Preysense goggles for tracking his quarry.

Equipment

• Combi-Tool

A worn combi-tool with a wooden handle, this device has seen Munny through many scrapes.

• Manacles

No bounty hunter should be without a few sets of these restraints, and Munny’s not going to be the one to break that trend.

Mementoes

• Memento

This will be allocated by the GM - leave this blank!

Edited by The Psycho, 11 May 2016 - 03:50 PM.

- Dosjetka

[+++latest update+++]

A Cruel Angels Thesis

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,850 posts

Welcome to the forums, Easy E. ;)

gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,332 posts

Noctus: Well, in many ways I suppose it's how physically deformed your character is - no eyes, no lower jaw, a body that seems to be on the verge of rotting away! Of course, who knows what goes under the vast majority of Techpriests' robes! 

I'm curious to see how you play the character, though.

Easy: Nice to see Astellan back. I'd forgotten all about his illicit love affair. Very Winston Smith in 1984. What a delightfully pathetic creature! I really enjoy how you play him, and am looking forward to seeing him again in action. 

Psycho: Wyl Munny seems like an interesting character - I think he'll develop well as we continue through. 

In terms of mementos - Psycho, Wyl carries with him a pair of bone dice and a torn card from the Emperor's Tarot. Noctus, your character has a battered lodestone and a brass token of the Machina Opus.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,112 posts

Mementos

• Bone dice

The bone dice that Wyl Munny carries are a reminder to him that Fate is random, and that Death does not dicriminate between young and old, healthy and sick.

• Torn card of the Emperor's Tarot

This card, the Lost Child, holds special significance to Wyl Munny. It is the last memory he has of a loved one and his life before, and he has carried it through all his trials, through calm and through storm. Even though the edges may be battered, and the illuminated portraiture on its face may be worn away, he refuses to let it go or replace it with another. He never lets it out of his presence.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glad you like Wyl, Mol. I was thinking that maybe I made him too generic, too mysterious to be interesting, but your response has assuaged my fears. I've written some background to the mementos he carries. I assumed that was what we were meant to do?

Edited by The Psycho, 11 May 2016 - 09:21 PM.

- Dosjetka

[+++latest update+++]

A Cruel Angels Thesis

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Higher Call, Commissar Molotov, Dark Heresy, OOC

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users