Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Higher Call [DH] OOC Thread

The Higher Call Commissar Molotov Dark Heresy OOC

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,130 posts
  • Chapter Name: Chapter of the Ruined King

Hey, I've just been waiting for a post to respond to, got plenty of free time to write.

Thanks for the heads up on the flesh-storage. It's like a gold mine. Corpses aren't usually a first choice... But beggars can't be choosers, I suppose. A veritable gold mine of cadavers.

JackDaw

JackDaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 445 posts

I'd intended to post something today, but a rather heavy night on the amasec last night wiped me out today. I really should learn that I'm getting too old to be drinking with the youth of today these days. I've got a freelance contract I need to start tomorrow, but ill make sure to get an Underbelly post up for Reeve as well.

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,097 posts
Noctus: Sorry for making you wait, bud. I'll post something up tomorrow to get things moving.

gallery_45765_5904_30693.png

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Liber Astartes

"There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. He is doubt, and fear, and despair.

Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion he is."

- attributed to Rogal Dorn

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,130 posts

Noctus: Sorry for making you wait, bud. I'll post something up tomorrow to get things moving.

Hey, man, don't worry too much about it. I wasn't trying to call you out, just trying to cover my own ass. tongue.png

Edited by Noctus Cornix, 31 July 2016 - 12:00 AM.

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,097 posts

It's far from being my best writing but hey, it's posted. Again, very sorry for the long wait.

"There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. He is doubt, and fear, and despair.

Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion he is."

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,220 posts

- Olis, it would be good to get a post together with Brye's thoughts on the Captain, the room and your conversation with the other nobles. 

Roger that. If I don't get it done tonight I'll do it tomorrow.

gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Easy E

Easy E

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts

The scribe doesn't have too much to do at the moment, but I put something up to keep us moving a bit. 

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,125 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII-284BTN

I've gotta be straight with y'all: I have no idea how to describe a game of regicide. I really want to, as I want Wyl to play against Zarkov, but I don't remember any of the details. I do have a copy of Victories of the Space Marines lying around somewhere, and if I recall correctly the short story "The Long Games at Carcharias" briefly describes some elements of the game, so I'll try to track it down.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,220 posts

It's basically 40k chess. That's the impression that I've had over the years.

gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,097 posts
Doesn't the Eisenhorn trilogy go into some detail about the game?

If all else fails, download and play the Regicide computer game and see how it works. :)

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,097 posts

Taken from the Warhammer 40'000 Lexicanum page on regicide:

Regicide

Regicide is a game played in the Imperium with similarities to M2-era chess and can be played on a circular board. The game is simple to learn, but difficult to master and is played across all classes from lowly refresherscrubbers to spire nobility. Many Imperial Guard officers play as well and hone their tactical senses in games with small sets that can fold into their combat kit.

Rules of the Game

Many variations of Regicide have been played throughout the Imperium across its history, with variations including the use of 'hooded' pieces, which play as a different piece until revealed.

Known Playing Pieces

• The Emperor
  • Empress
  • Tetrarch
  • Divinitarch
  • Primarch
  • Ecclesiarch
  • Fortress
  • Citizen

Known Checkmate Scenarios

• Blind Man’s Mate - a form of victory, named because it isn't seen coming.
  • The Traitor's Gambit

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,383 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Castigators

I can't imagine that the game of Regicide is necessarily the same across the whole Imperium. I figure there'd be regional variations. My usual mantra is not to let facts get in the way of fun - or in the way of players making good posts! 

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Easy E

Easy E

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 74 posts

Yes gents, let's get posting so we can get to Arcturus and wrap up this flight.  

Don't be to fussed about the skill/level of writing.  Sometimes, the best thing to do is simply put text to screen.  :) 

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,130 posts

Sorry, I just haven't had the time to even really look much at Bolter and Chainsword lately. Things are pretty hectic at work right now. Posting right now.

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,097 posts

No worries, Noctus. Good luck with whatever is keeping you so occupied at work. :tu:

I'll do my very best to get an answer posted this afternoon to keep the ball rolling.

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,097 posts

Well... that worked well. :sweat: :lol:

I'm going to be away from home for the next couple of days and then I've got my ETL vow to finish, so realistically I won't be able to post anything before Monday evening has rolled by. Sorry!

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,130 posts

No worries, dude. It seems most people are kind of tied up lately..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Higher Call, Commissar Molotov, Dark Heresy, OOC

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users