My new Command Tank...

Brendaen

I guess it depends on how you look at it, (it includes postage) a similar tank from Forgeworld would cost more and having received mad robot stuff I can say he does a better job of casting than Forgeworld, I hope to buy a squadron at some point :)

That's what I was thinking. I have a few FW models and their resin casting isn't that great.

I've bought stuff from Mad Robot before and their products are awesome.

Once you figure in shipping, this tank is cheaper and I'm only buying one to be my Command Tank (2 possible if I use the AM codex)

No room for sponsons tho...

Sponsons?  I guess if russes ever get the superheavy ability to split fire and shoot heavy weapons at full BS when firing the ordnance weapon, they'll be a thing...

I really fething love the tank...the twin autocannon one is amazing, as is the long battlecannon, but the hull...I love the hull.  The short barreled one could be interchangeably a nova cannon or a demolisher cannon, that's a two-fer! $85 delivered is competitive with FW...but not GW plastics.  The price isn't insane, but it is an issue.

Don't care about sponsons as I won't field it as Pask in a Punisher. I can live with the price as it will be a single tank in my force and I know the quality of the resin will be better than FW resin...

Another company to keep an eye out for is Blood & Skulls Industry, which mainly made Baneblade conversion bits, but now has expanded into Leman Russ conversions. I recently bought two of the Russian KV2 turrets for my LRBTs and they are awesome.

I've texted with the owner and he is very friendly and responsive to questions. He is planning on making more conversion kits centered around Russian tanks.. I will post pics once I finish painting my new turrets..

Remember lads, Games Workshop models are overpriced and hella' expensive. It's just plastic after all.

​/sarcasm

​And that's one sweet looking tank! As for sponsons I reckon you could jigg it with additional turrent mounted guns or even pintle-mounted style.

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 infantry platoons (25 models each), 8 Veteran Squads ( 6 used for mechanised vets and 2 Catachan squads), 1 ten man Ratlin squad, 5 six man Scion units, and 2 Command squads, plus about a dozen different officer models and advisors tech-priests, etc..

Not much of an infantry horde guy... I love my tanks and mechanised vets. Plan on using Anvil Industries new regiment models to make 2 Iron fist squads....

Both Blood and Skulls Industries and Mad Robot are coming out with new 28mm tanks and conversion kits for 40k tanks, so I more tanks are in my future...

Damn dude, you have enough tanks there?

How many infantry do you have?

Honestly, I feel that isn't a crazy amount of tanks. If he wanted to run the armoured formation, he would need more tanks than that. 2 baneblades is nice, he has selection.

Archived