Isengrin's Forge: A knife in the dark +Havoc+

Lovely, lovely stuff *three mechadendrites up*

Now that's a vote of confidence! I hope I can do the banner bearer justice when painting him.

Beautiful and barbaric -- perfect for pre-Unity Terra. If I may, though, might I suggest some riveting along the vents of the backpack -- as it stands it's looking a bit bare.

Thanks man! Good call on the rivets! I'll give it a try.

Wow, those are all beautiful!

Thank you!

Brilliant!

Those look fantastic!

Thanks guys!

So, here's a slight departure from the usual fare dished up in this thread. Keep your eyes peeled for more!

gallery_92971_12020_111447.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_188768.jpg

That standard bearer is as beautiful as any of the models sculpted and produced by the studio. You should be proud. I'm also really digging the Infiltrators conversions. I'm convinced the Mechanicum models are some of the most customizable in the game.

That standard bearer is as beautiful as any of the models sculpted and produced by the studio. You should be proud. I'm also really digging the Infiltrators conversions. I'm convinced the Mechanicum models are some of the most customizable in the game. 

Oh that's very high praise, thanks a lot! I absolutely agree on mechanicum, they offer almost endless possibilities.

Oh my Lord. The unification wars stuff is perfect.

Thank you! I want to build a couple more Night Lords in the coming weeks but after that it's all about Unification Wars.

That standard bearer is beautiful...

Thanks buddy! :smile.:

How the hell did I overlook this thread

..so much winning!!!

I'm glad you like the stuff in here. :smile.:

After painting a bunch of different models I've finally finished another terror marine, which increases their number to six. When No.7 (chainglaive dude) is done I'll post a pic of the whole gang.

gallery_92971_11994_464846.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_561370.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_123819.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I'm not dead yet. :sweat:

Really like him. What steps do you go through to make them truescale.

Also, my friend, when will you finish the raptor lord?

Thanks! Building them takes quite a few hours, but to give you a quick rundown they come together like this. I start with cutting of the terminator legs at the hips, then I re-position and lengthen them (sometimes I have to cut off the feet to make it work). For the upper body I glue a terminator breast plate to a regular marine back and then add bulk and length with green stuff/magic sculp. If I use terminator arms I shave off thin slices to make them a bit skinnier or if it's a regular pair of arms I extend and re-sculpt them. Maybe I'll post a tutorial one day if people are interested.

Uuuh, the raptor lord...yeah he's need to be splashed with paint, but I really don't know when that's going to happen.

Good job on your new Night Lord. Ave Dominus Nox!

Thanks dude!

Choom boy number 6 looks great. Love your vibrant blue colour scheme.

Thanks! Got an update you might enjoy. :wink:

That looks awesome. I love how rich the blue is despite being so dark. :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy!

You may remember that I built a squad of plague marines a while ago and now the time had come to find a paint recipe. I was looking for a quick way to get them painted, nothing fancy of involved, just a couple steps to get them ready and after inadvertently ordering two bottles of poisonous cloud the decision which base colour to use had been made.

It's simply a white coat followed by a base of poisonous cloud, washed with carroburg crimson and highlighted with a 50:50 mix of cloud and white.

gallery_92971_11994_299706.jpg

Looks like I've only lurked here before. Your Night Lords are fantastic and are very characterful for how I imagine them to be. They look really evil, chaotic and bloody.

The unification wars conversion are looking very exciting. You've done a lovely job of them so far.

Love the Plague Marine he looks like a 2nd edition Plague Marine but with all the great, new and big bits.

Great job!

Looks really cool!

Thank you!

Looks like I've only lurked here before. Your Night Lords are fantastic and are very characterful for how I imagine them to be. They look really evil, chaotic and bloody.

The unification wars conversion are looking very exciting. You've done a lovely job of them so far.

Love the Plague Marine he looks like a 2nd edition Plague Marine but with all the great, new and big bits.

Great job!

Thanks a lot! It always makes me happy when people are into my Night Lords and their vibe. 

Plague Marine is looking good. Looks like a Nurgle-tainted Imperial Fist marine though.... Oh, maybe that's some fluff for you :wink:

Thanks man! Well, there IS an Imperial Fists player in my gaming group...so that kind of background could add the necessary ingredient for a good rivalry. :laugh.:

Good job on the Plague Marine.

Thanks Bjorn!

:wub:

He is just as a Plague Marine ought to be. No funny stuff and tendrils, just bloated mass and eternal rot.

Thanks buddy! Yeah, plague marines don't need those extra frills, paint does the job just fine to turn them into a tough, rotten foot soldier.

• 2 weeks later...

That plague marine is awesome - looks suitable grotesque and corroded. Great cloud palette :thumbsup:

I must say your last Night Lord really hits the spot, great use of bits and the paint job is top notch as ever :cool.:

Thanks man!

I've finished another plague marine, the icon bearer of his unit who is based on one of the deathshroud minis.

gallery_92971_11994_90783.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_24686.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_394467.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_205185.jpg