Isengrin's Forge: A knife in the dark +Havoc+

• 1 month later...

Good job on the Iron Hands.

Thanks man!

That is how marines should look. Great job

Thanks dude!

Fantastic update. How did you manage the hue shift on your black armour?

Thanks! After finishing the black with its highlights I simply painted on thinned calth blue clear from FW. Not everywhere, and also adding more to the lighter armor parts.

Hottdamn, they look brutal! :yes:

Gotta stay on brand. :tongue.: Thanks a bunch!

Loving that blue mixed in there

Thanks buddy! The blue is definitely here to stay. :wink:

Lookin' great.

Thanks man!

All look good, but the one on the left is the best. That bit of red on the knee and purity seal makes all the difference for me.

Thanks! Yeah I really like that as well. I was still experimenting a bit with markings on these three marines, but now all other Iron Hands will get the red/white combo.

I adore those Iron Hands, the colours are really well done, I like the addition of the blue tint.

Thanks a lot!

Today I have a familiar face to show you, the warpsmith from my avatar who was built and painted before I started this wip-log. Unsatisfied with a few things I gave him a quick overhaul, which included clipping off the legs and putting them closer together, since the original gorgon bit had a really wide stance. The differences are barely noticeable but I'm glad I revisited old Hadur. Over on Instagram Vairocanum made a great suggestion about adding a piece of skin nailed to the shoulder pad with the Iron Hands icon. It would be a cool way of displaying his new loyalties.

Hadur Cobannus

Mars Ultor of the Ghoul Stars

Condemned on Kentaur Delta

gallery_92971_11994_330175.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_193247.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_196138.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by!

Hadur Cobannus is difficult to see in these photos. As his armor is dark, you should use a lightly colored background, and brighter lighting, unless your intent is to make him look as if he's sneaking around like an Alpha Legionnaire. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 3 months later...

Love it. :smile.:

Very, very impressing!

Thanks guys!

Real grimy, I love it! I really like the leg repositioning as well, subtle but it makes a difference 

Thanks dude! As much as I love the style of the Gorgon Terminators, their stance is just too wide for me.

Hadur Cobannus is difficult to see in these photos. As his armor is dark, you shoukd use a lightly colored background, and brighter lighting, unless your intent is to make him look as if he's sneaking around like an Alpha Legionnaire.

Yeah, I rushed it a bit. Compared to the pics before there's a noticeable shift in brightness. 

Saw this on your instagram. You have a very gritty Blanchit-su style of painting that really fits the setting. Very nice. 

Thanks man! I didn't really set out to paint in a blanchitsu style, it rather evolved over time. But I very much enjoy other people's paint jobs that look like that so I'm not gonna bristle at being compared to it. :wink:

gallery_92971_12020_100163.jpg

A tale of two Empires II

From afar we saw this sector burning.

We saw worlds getting shackled to a rotten empire.

We’ve heard your cry for help.

They will not extinguish humanity’s fire.

They will not stand against the determination of its people.

They will not enslave you and rob you of your freedom again.

Fear no more, brothers.

We have come.

Edited by Isengrin

A tale of two Empires II

From afar we saw this sector burning.

We saw worlds getting shackled to a rotten empire.

We’ve heard your cry for help.

They will not extinguish humanity’s fire.

They will not stand against the determination of its people.

They will not enslave you and rob you of your freedom again.

Fear no more, brothers.

We have come.

This is well-written. The narrator's (self?) justification for his actions is much better than the two-dimensional "I is evil! LOL!" nonsense seen in too many (badly written) stories.

• 2 months later...

Very nice, I especially like the organic arm on the Warpsmith.

This is well-written. The narrator's (self?) justification for his actions is much better than the two-dimensional "I is evil! LOL!" nonsense seen in too many (badly written) stories.

Thanks a lot guys!

With ETL providing a necessary kick in the butt I've begun to reduce my grey pile of conversions and actually painted some minis for a change. I vowed a terminator lord that has been waiting to get some midnight blue on him for well over a year and after picking up a raptor for practice to shake off some rust, both turned out really well. I'll post pics of the terminator as soon as I have the time for it. In the meantime, here's the raptor, which I had pledged ages ago in a competition with MikhalLeNoir.

gallery_92971_11994_451852.jpg

But I also had to try my hand at working with the new chaos kits and built a regular chaos marine. There's lots of awesome bits in there and it's going to be fun building more but I'm not a big fan of the new terminator shoulder pads.

gallery_92971_12020_27086.jpg

While I was at it, I finished another conversion for my Gargui because that poor fella was lying around half built for way too long.

gallery_92971_12020_575687.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Edited by Isengrin

Nice Raptor and nice marines. Gosh. I have to withstand..din't truscale my new Chaosmarines!!!!

By the way. What did I pledge against your Raptor?

Woah, what happened?!? :tongue.:

But I do have to admit, the new marines are a knockout and don't look out of place next to my troops. I think you did a one-off Night Lord, must have been a raptor as well.

You have a very strong case of Blanchitsu, now if intended or not is the other matter - but it looks very awesome!

Thanks man! I'm just glad I remembered my recipe for the midnight blue...it's been too long. :sweat:

Oh, it's always great to see some signs of life in this thread, and I am really looking forward to watching you go to town on the new CSM kits -- judging by your first couple of test models, you are already having a field day ;)

Also, your truescale Marines are always so hulking and sinister -- fantastic work all around!

Lord Varkaus Leucetios

Noctarch of the Grendl Stars

First sovereign of the Tartarus fleet

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall"

gallery_92971_11994_515653.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_465433.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_263942.jpg

Excellent stuff.

Oh, it's always great to see some signs of life in this thread, and I am really looking forward to watching you go to town on the new CSM kits -- judging by your first couple of test models, you are already having a field day :wink:

Also, your truescale Marines are always so hulking and sinister -- fantastic work all around!

Thanks guys! I'm pretty keen to get started with the new kits because of all the possibilities.

Lord Varkaus Leucetios

Noctarch of the Grendl Stars

First sovereign of the Tartarus fleet

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall"

gallery_92971_11994_515653.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_465433.jpg

gallery_92971_11994_263942.jpg

Excellent stuff.

Oh, it's always great to see some signs of life in this thread, and I am really looking forward to watching you go to town on the new CSM kits -- judging by your first couple of test models, you are already having a field day ;)

Thanks guys! I'm pretty keen to get started with the new kits because of all the possibilities.

Great work man. But this means war..what I mean? You will see IT

I feel so jealous when I see your awesome true scale night lords. The ETL VII lord ist fantastic, you uplifted (ha! a pun!) the old Obliterators to the next level and made something truly unique out of it. Now that they were replaced what will you use as a basis for your True Sacale CSM? The new models seem to be even bigger and look more like mini-dreadnoughts than mutated Terminators.

Edit: ok, I totally overlooked the teaser of a new conversion based on the new plastic oblits ;D

Edited by Aasfresser