Isengrin's Forge: A knife in the dark +Havoc+

Ok that's one mean guy. Outstanding!

Thanks!

Great work man. But this means war..what I mean? You will see IT

War, huh? Well, you've got my attention...bring it! :tongue.:

That guy is a beast!

I compared him to Curze recently and he's more or less the same height but way more brawny. 

I feel so jealous when I see your awesome true scale night lords. The ETL VII lord ist fantastic, you uplifted (ha! a pun!) the old Obliterators to the next level and made something truly unique out of it. Now that they were replaced what will you use as a basis for your True Sacale CSM? The new models seem to be even bigger and look more like mini-dreadnoughts than mutated Terminators.

Edit: ok, I totally overlooked the teaser of a new conversion based on the new plastic oblits ;D

Thanks man! Always appreciate a nice pun. :laugh.: 

Yeah well, I thought about the possibility of losing the old obliterators ever since I started converting them. I'll probably buy a couple from ebay and I'll also get those I still have recast. Now that I've already built a complete squad I'd be loathe to change their appearance radically and after working on one of the obliterators from Shadowspear, I agree with you...they resemble slightly shrunk helbrutes. Although they are pretty much the same height as my terminators, they're too broad and massive. 

Holy! Lord Varkaus is a beast!

Yep, he's a real chonk. :teehee:

Loving it! :thumbsup:

So cool to see updates from you, the power armoured Astartes are coming along nicely.

Thanks buddy! Prepare to see a few more of those. While converting the new kits is just as, if not more, labour-intensive as it was with the old ones, I really like them and I'm going to try out some ideas.

Man, your Chaos Lord is just a beast! I love how, in spite of his physical corruption, he still exudes this sense of terrible majesty. Quite a character. Also, that dying Blood Angel feebly reaching up to touch his leg armour is just sublime. Fantastic work all around!

Man, your Chaos Lord is just a beast! I love how, in spite of his physical corruption, he still exudes this sense of terrible majesty. Quite a character. Also, that dying Blood Angel feebly reaching up to touch his leg armour is just sublime. Fantastic work all around!

Thanks buddy! The one-foot-on-an-enemy pose never gets old in that regard. :teehee:

After putting together the first marine from the Shadowspear and terminator kits it's time to break out the big ones...not yet the Venomcrawler but those a rung below.

First, here's one of the greater possessed. As you can see, I added some length and while the upper legs might be slightly out of proportion now, i.e. too long compared to the lower legs, I'm still happy with the overall visual impact. He also got a different backpack and new weapon, which steer him a bit to a nurgle-ish direction, but mostly it's because I like the look of less possessed parts here and there. The terminator shoulder pad adds an asymmetrical quality and I think works alright there. I also modified the left claw and replaced the mutated fingers with a lightning claw...two actually, there's a second claw bursting out of the back of his hand.

gallery_92971_12020_391134.jpg

All the additional length amounts to the new possessed being roughly a head taller than the original one. Now he fits right in with my Gal Vorbak.

gallery_92971_12020_320322.jpg

I put in the most time into converting one of the obliterators and I'm still unsure what to make of it. The fists are so comically large that they unbalance the whole mini a lot if one is removed and the upper body looks too box-like. I'm also not really into the helbrute resemblance, but I'll leave it at that for now and maybe it all comes together when painted.

gallery_92971_12020_285901.jpg

Ideas and criticism are always welcome. Thanks for peeking in! :smile.:

The possessed looks gnarly! Using a terminator shoulder pad is a great idea as the asymmetry does fit the Gal Vorbak well. I don't think the legs are unbalanced at all.
The new obliterator is also a right beast.

• 5 weeks later...

The possessed looks gnarly! Using a terminator shoulder pad is a great idea as the asymmetry does fit the Gal Vorbak well. I don't think the legs are unbalanced at all.

The new obliterator is also a right beast.

Thanks buddy! Yeah, I'm cool with the legs now and either way I wouldn't want to cut him up again. Done is done. :biggrin.:

The Obliterator looks great! I think it's one of those cases where priming the miniature will help you see just how well tied together everything is visually.

Thanks! That might be the case...I took a break from the obliterator to finish my ETL vow and now I'm pretty contend with it.

Woah, you made the new obliterator look awesome. I wasn't a fan of the thighs, and you filled them right up. Great stuff. 

The dude was in dire need of pants. 

Nice ones! 

Thanks!

Beautiful work on the Obliterator. 

Thanks man!

Man, your truescaling operation really manages to produce some killer models. That Obliterator looks killer! :smile.:

All that truescaling did create a few side effects though. I was looking at neophyte hybrids for a new project and after seeing them in real life I can't stop thinking about making them taller. :laugh.:

Duuuude, those true scales look phenomenal! I really like the detail you've sculpted on the torso of the greater possessed! Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks! It doesn't look like much, but those details probably took longer to sculpt than anything else. :sweat:

I'm surprised I haven't commented here (coulda swore I commented on your kitbashes before), but wow.

The models you do are awesome. I'm loving the new Obliterator.

Then thanks for leaving your first comment in here! :smile.:

Can't wait to see those fully painted! 

I hope that I can get to it soon. :smile.:

Love this stuff, you've made it very hard for me to stick to my Crimson Slaughter project and not resurrect my own Night Lord's, pity no one plays 30k locally anymore.

Thanks! Sorry to hear about your 30k scene, but hopefully the tide will change as soon as FW releases more Heresy stuff.

Dudw. That guy

Applause

*Takes a bow* :biggrin.:

Thanks buddy!

Excellent work on the Night Drinker. Where'd you get the exposed skull that is his head, or the partially biological arms and legs? Are the latter from Daemon Prince models?

Cheers Bjorn! The skull is from the Citadel skulls set (there's only one of those included) and I pilfered the legs from a Forge-/Maulerfiend, with the feet being made of green stuff and some random claws. As for the arms, they're from the Fiends too. That's the magma cutter with the lower half cut off.

Excellent work on the Night Drinker. Where'd you get the exposed skull that is his head, or the partially biological arms and legs? Are the latter from Daemon Prince models?

Cheers Bjorn! The skull is from the Citadel skulls set (there's only one of those included) and I pilfered the legs from a Forge-/Maulerfiend, with the feet being made of green stuff and some random claws. As for the arms, they're from the Fiends too. That's the magma cutter with the lower half cut off.
Thank you for the info.

I don't know what that is (astartes interred in dreadnought armor ascended to daemonhood?) but holy moly does it look fearsome!

Looks like it's Isengrins' version of a Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought with dual Butcher Cannons and Havoc Launcher.

It's damn creepy too

The demon engine/hellbrute conversion is amazing. Really well done!

Thanks a lot Rohr!

I don't know what that is (astartes interred in dreadnought armor ascended to daemonhood?) but holy moly does it look fearsome!

Gederas got it right. It initially started as a conversion without much thought about playability, all I wanted was to build a mutated/daemonic dread with two machine cannons and a contemptor with its options is the closed thing to it. It's too bad the Host of Daemonic Icon from the Renegades & Heretics book is no longer valid. 

Looks like it's Isengrins' version of a Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought with dual Butcher Cannons and Havoc Launcher.

It's damn creepy too

Well, Night Lords are a creepy bunch. :smile.: