Isengrin's Forge: A knife in the dark +Havoc+

He scares the hell out of me...great job *shiver*

Sounds like I did an adequate job then. :wink:

I have just found this and am blown away.

WOW

Thanks a lot!

Outstanding work on the last Terror Squad member, can't wait to see the group picture and your write up! Also seeing the terminator in queue is another thing to be excited about!

Thanks buddy! The armour write-up alone runs to three pages already, so it will require some heavy editing before it's finished. I've only got around to writing a single character description so far, which stands at more than half a page. I really have to exercise more constraint.

I love everything Isengrin!!! :biggrin.:

Thanks for spreading some love! :tongue.:

Dont know how I missed this thread. :cussing Bravo.

Thanks man! I'm a big fan of your Night Lords, which were (along with Dan's) a big factor in deciding to continue with that army after a long hiatus.

One of the best Night Lords thread I've ever seen ! I want more !!

Thanks! That's quite the compliment considering the amount of quality NL armies around.

I'm currently pretty swamped with work, but I hope that will abate after the next five days or so. I don't want to leave you without any new pics though, so here...bask in the glory of the VIII legion and the terror they bring!

gallery_92971_11994_3070.jpg

• 1 month later...

Superb looking Night Lords, very cool.

Thanks man!

Flaytastic stuff Isengrin!

Thanks! And now it's time for more flaying.

Damn, those Night Lords look grim. Impressive work, Isengrin.

Thanks!

Beautiful work man, one of the best Truescale squads and definitely the best Night Lords I've ever seen. I really hope you continue with these, you've really perfected their look

Thanks buddy! I definitely want to add at least a couple more. After all, there are still five volkite chargers left.

Mmmm Smexy!

My Night Lords bring all the boys to the yard. :wink:

Mmmm Smexy!

Dito. Nothing more to add.

Thanks!

Mmmm Smexy!

You know you're doing Night Lords right when Nihm pops in from his retirement to comment on your work. Keep it up Isengrin, you're doing the VIII Legion proud.

I appreciate it a lot that you guys from the old guard are stopping by. Makes me all nostalgic.

Well, it's been a while. After taking a short break from everything related to 40k I'm back in the ring and motivated again. I've even bought some Death Guard stuff. But my first objective was to provide the terminator from a couple pages back with a running mate. Reinforcements are on their way to get them up to the minimum unit size of five. Combi-meltas and axes are supposedly not too shabby nowadays, right? I'm also highly tempted to build one of them with a power maul to emulate the artwork with an Alpha Legion terminator.

gallery_92971_12020_52006.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_103379.jpg

Elite units are nice and all, but that doesn't mean the grunts should be neglected. So I reworked one marine from a few months ago, who badly needed better posture, and then built an approximation of MkIII armour. Tartaros legs for MkIV and Cataphractii for MkIII work pretty well in my opinion. One of them is earmarked for my small cadre of Iron Hands...shouldn't be too hard to figure out which one. :wink:

gallery_92971_12020_167544.jpg

Until next time. Thanks for taking a look.

Well that was certainly worth the wait, this update is awesome! First off, that terminator is brilliant and has such great detail! I'm definitely excited to see a full squad eventually. The two power armor marines look great as well, looking forward to seeing some more Iron Hands and Death Guard!

Epic! Nice paint style.

Thanks!

Well that was certainly worth the wait, this update is awesome! First off, that terminator is brilliant and has such great detail! I'm definitely excited to see a full squad eventually. The two power armor marines look great as well, looking forward to seeing some more Iron Hands and Death Guard!

Thanks buddy! I've really enjoyed working on the terminator, even more so than on any other marine before. That alone should count as a good sign that I'll actually pull through and finish the unit. :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dude that hellbrute is looking amazing, can't wait to see the full pic!

Thanks, buddy! Nice to hear you liked the first little appetiser, and now that I've had a whole weekend worth of time to continue working on it I can show you further progress.

While far from finished, I was at least able complete the dread's basic frame and add most of the cabling. Apart from the obviously still missing feet, I'll put a few trophies and flaps of skin on it and then take a good, long look if it needs something else. Now, the genesis of this dread is quickly explained. With a helbrute from DV - which I didn't like all that much - and left-over legs from the maulerfiend kit lying around, the idea of melding those parts together wasn't too far-fetched, and since I always wanted to build a dread with dual autocannons (or something similar) the decision on its loadout was clear-cut.

I initially wanted to use the maulerfiend's clawed feet, but getting a hold of them poses a pretty substantial hurdle. So, the next best option for me is modelling them myself. We'll see how that goes.

Don't ask me what unit it will represent in-game though, because I have no clue...maybe a deredeo?

gallery_92971_12020_5129.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Phenomenal work as usual, really clean looking conversion! Might just be the angle of the picture but the arms lack some bulk I think compared to the rest of the model. Maybe it could be run as a decimator in game? Anyways, definitely looking forward to seeing more!

Wow, just wow. This is incredible work! I love the amount of effort you put into not only converting but also painting these models with such excellence! Truly inspiring! I'd love to see your take on a custom built daemon prince! 

Phenomenal work as usual, really clean looking conversion! Might just be the angle of the picture but the arms lack some bulk I think compared to the rest of the model. Maybe it could be run as a decimator in game? Anyways, definitely looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks, man! I've got around to taking a couple pics form the side and front to show more details and after looking at the arms one more time, I agree that they are kinda thin compared to the rest but I actually like it that way. Still, maybe a few more cables and such could help.

Given the options, playing the dread as a decimator makes sense, considering its warped and daemonic appearance.

This is one nightmare of a model. In a positive way

I always take that as a compliment. :smile.:

These are amazing Isengrin, I particularly like the Terminator. The Helbrute is looking very cool too and I'm excited to see how that turns out :smile.:

Nemac

Thanks a lot! After being a bit concerned about their size initially, I'm now more than happy with basing my terminators on the obliterator models. There's so much surface to work with.

Leviathan with Dual Butcher Cannons or whatever it can take :yes:

Or maybe a Decimator?

Leaning toward decimator; definitely with two butcher cannons to avoid any confusion. Thanks for the input!

Wow, just wow. This is incredible work! I love the amount of effort you put into not only converting but also painting these models with such excellence! Truly inspiring! I'd love to see your take on a custom built daemon prince!

Thanks, dude! Although they take me forever to complete, it's a labour of love. I do have a finished daemon prince with wings, the 3rd edition metal one on which I pinned the same dragon wings like almost every other chaos player, but I am tempted to work on another, more elaborate conversion.

So here are some pics. They are mostly revealing my sloppy conversion style. :wink:

gallery_92971_12020_207318.jpg

Edited by Isengrin

• 2 weeks later...

First steps on the road to despair

gallery_92971_12020_181666.jpg

After caving in and ordering the missing feet for my dread from a bitz shop, I had a few hours to spare and so I tried my hand at getting the new plague marines to match my aesthetic preferences...and that involved a lot of sawing as you can see on the pic below. It's still a pretty straightforward conversion where I just wanted to get a feel for the new kit, which is amazing btw. With the longer legs and an actual abdomen he fits in very well with my other upscaled units, and while it's just a tiny alteration I like the straight eye slit much better than the original curved one. Oh, and I also lengthened the upper arms, because they looked too short on his taller body.

I just wish the sprues had all the weapon options or at least another blight launcher. Then again, it's a good excuse for more conversions. :smile.:

gallery_92971_12020_635088.jpg

After this small offering today, I hope I'll be able to show you guys a bit more the next time.

Hotdamn, dude.

Damn.

Such awesome stuff here. I haven't checked this thread for ages and oh my fricking lawd what an amazing blast of inspiration!!

You need to finish this guy.

Hidden Content

gallery_92971_12020_594733.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_334764.jpg

gallery_92971_12020_724632.jpg

NOW.

Also, this guy:

Hidden Content

gallery_92971_12020_5129.jpg

could be used as either a Leviathan or a Contemptor with dual Butcher cannons. For sure!!

also also: I had that same idea for a custom contemptor. I'll let you have credit, bt don't be mad if I build something similar. ;) :tu: