@Firenze - Get a ... third?

@Vel'Cona - And others :happy.:

Haha maybe not. If Im getting a third of anything its a predator and a Dreadnought. Dreads are the best <3

And yet Forge World gutted their boxnought line. :cry:

I love that aquila front door on your land raider, Race Bannon. Wish Forge World didn't gut those either. But the only land raider I care about is the prometheus, sorry. :tongue.:

(What will it dish out in 8th edition again? Something like 24 heavy bolter shots?)

@war009 - Haha.  Letmethinkaboutthatno. ^_^

@Bjorn - thank you very much :)

@Firenze - heh, yeah I do loves me some Dreadnoughts too.  Due to space, I plan on having a magnetized body with lots Lots LOTS of options.  That's what I did with my Rhino/Predators (as you have seen).  But if Predators are "all that" in 8th, I may dedicated model to be a Predator.  Personally, I'm not a fan of using more than one Dread or Pred on the field anyway.  8th ed may change my mind on that though.

@KotR - I know, right?!  I'm still kicking myself for not having the side doors ... I could have sworn they were somewhere here!  I gotta admit that the Prometheus touches my feels because it's a throwback to the old plastic version, yet (other than cost) I am also not keen to deal with a whole resin kit.  The Tempest already pushes my limit.  That's another reason why I want to use my old converted Spartan ... because it's not all . that . resin.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of the second Land Raider: I started working on the flash and figuring out how I am going to set up the inside plate as the magnet mount for the sponsons.  It was an interesting solution I will share with photos soon.  I'm thinking to build the main hull in about two weeks (this next week I have the oldest spawn out of school since it's over for the Summer, and the following week I will be AT THE BEACH YO).  After that, it's building time for the HHotE.

Btw, I also prepped the Tartaros squad :tu:

AND while I was on a tear, I decided to clean up my Attack Bike (still sticking with the Tempest as my FA choice though), so it may become another vow.

Btw, I also cleaned up my Chaplain on a bike ...

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I have started a vow for the Hidden Hands of the Emperor painting event. Linked is the first vow: an Assassin and a Land Speeder Tempest as my Elite (allies) and Fast Attack.

I'm also using my fancy-dancy new gaming PC so I could copy/paste (finally) stuff properly. Since I had to update Windows 10 I hand plenty of time to get started with the equipment grey on the deadly little dude.

Speaking of him, the model is see some pages back. I stripped him to rid myself of the dreadfully BRIGHT 2nd edition paintjob in order to give the Vindicare a suitably darker scheme, befitting a sharpshooter that can live in the shadows and lay silently still for days for the perfect shot. Sure, the model is holding up his guns saying, "I'm holding THESE GUNS, yo", but hey ... 2nd Edition :teehee:

Edited by Race Bannon

There are a few moments in life that could realistically be serendipitous. In hindsight, I've used that word incorrectly on several occasions, yet tonight something happened that could only be exactly that: serendipity.

I've wanted to make a Land Raider Terminus Ultra since it was released. But, until 8th edition, this was a tank that could only be seen ink Apoc games, which I never cared for. At all. Now then, I could magnetize the hull off of one tank and cable the weapons together, right?

Well, I started making a Land Raider for the HHotE event, but glued doors in place so that I could magnetize two other doors. Sponsons would fit as needed. This will save space and I don't plan to use more than one Land Raider in a game anyway.

But, there is the LoW pip in the event, and I settled on not going for it at all. :(. UNLESS, I buy a new LR, cough up for more bitz and simply dedicate a whole tank to the Terminus Ultra.

Then tonight I was organizing my stuff in the basement and FOUND a fully built Land Raider with the hull doors unglued!!! I totally forgot that I traded stuff for it and meant to retrade because ... I don't remember. But the trade happened around 2009 and the kit just got stuffed in some box. Until now.

I mean ... Say what?! I'll still need some LCs but the overall cost just plummeted. I just might be able to pull it off for the event. Sure, it'll take space, but I'll have my one and only LoW ^_^

So if the terminus ultra is a LOW I may be able to pull a sweep.....great looking out for us race and good find.

What parts are you needing....I may be able to help you out.

Ok, so I have started a vow for the Hidden Hands of the Emperor painting event. Linked is the first vow: an Assassin and a Land Speeder Tempest as my Elite (allies) and Fast Attack.

I'm also using my fancy-dancy new gaming PC so I could copy/paste (finally) stuff properly. Since I had to update Windows 10 I hand plenty of time to get started with the equipment grey on the deadly little dude.

Speaking of him, the model is see some pages back. I stripped him to rid myself of the dreadfully BRIGHT 2nd edition paintjob in order to give the Vindicare a suitably darker scheme, befitting a sharpshooter that can live in the shadows and lay silently still for days for the perfect shot. Sure, the model is holding up his guns saying, "I'm holding THESE GUNS, yo", but hey ... 2nd Edition :teehee:

This is so surreal. I JUST built a brand new gaming rig this week, and have been super busy with that. To finally log in the forums to post and read this is crazy. Are we the same person? 

GET OUT OF MY HEAD CHARLES, AHHHH!

LOL, I get that reference :P

@war009 - thank you! The kit I found is the Phobos, so I need Predator LC sponsors and at least LC for a Razorback turret. PM me if you have anything because I have an interesting trade for what you have ^_^

Terminus Ultra Terminus Ultra Terminus Ultra Terminus Ultra

Please do this! Land raiders are addictive aren't they?

I Love your other Land Raider too buddy. I'm thinking of getting a MK IIB. What's it like width wise compared to a standard Landy? Do the extra bits on the side make considerably wider?

Also a few pages back you were looking to use those Ravens Skulls for something. What are the like in front of a helmet less head? Could you use it as a Raven half face mask for a Chaplain or something?

Anyway congratulations on finding a land raider in your basement. That is something I only do in my dreams!

Hehe, I love Land Raiders, it's one reason why I promote others to do it. ^_^

The MkIIB is not wider than the plastic kit. The problem I had was with the hull pieces: they are slightly smaller than their plastic counterparts. So, you'd have to "float" the piece to center it. I mean, the parts fit, but noticeably not as well as the plastic. Otherwise, DO IT, pictures do not do justice to it's majesty.

On the bird skull, hf-mask moght work as I perceive they are too small for a helmet, orher than as decoration. For the price I paid, they are acting more like gold than plastic, if you get my meaning :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

So much to say, so little time. My apologies for not keeping up with my own thread!There are excuses, of course, and all are legit in my world. I want to wax on about my plans and I will, but not today. Today is about a massive (relatively) update to my growing army ^_^

I'm going to apologize for the quality since I have not (yet) installed the camera software on my new PC. I'm just ... not caring about that detail enough. Oh, I'm sure when the wife wants pics downlaoded it'll become the most important thing to handle asap though :lol:

:dry.:

Primaris Lieutenant

I only got one box and do not plan to get more. So I have to choose: gun or sword dude and went with sword because the pose is action packed compared to the rifle dude. He originally had a white helmet, and after I glued it in place I decided against it. So, there are white spots in the corner of the eyes I just couldn't get to without messing something else up (curse my age!). He's got the Codex skull on the right pauldron. Decals worked really well for this guy ^_^ It's not easily seen in the pic but I put two brass-etched things on the hip plates, the half insignia ones, just to give him SOME bit of personality. Also, his base is a new style I may incorporate, even if it will take a little longer: Agrellan Earth and Armageddon Dunes texture. The AD is a pain to work with but the results elevate a rather simple paint scheme.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_61749.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_717.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_72146.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_51551.jpg

Land Raider 3

Many moons ago I bought FW spaced armor because extra armor was a thing back in the day, and man I am so glad I did as it's discontinued (at least officially ;)) These plate gave a big model some oomph! Also are the Terminator doors - even though LRs can shuttle anyone, I wanted it clear this tank is borrowed from the 1st Co. It's the 4rd tank from the Copmany and the Roman numeral "V" is on the rear port side to denote it is being used by my 5th Company. I decided to go for the Redeemer pattern because ... FIRE BURNS THE HERETIC ... er, because I could.

I didn't take a pic but the sponsons are magnetized so i can make the other weapon systems as a side project :tu: One hull to use them all ... nope, not the same ...

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_597558.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_584739.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_849584.jpg

Thank you for looking!

@war009 - Haha, that's still in the works ;)

@Honda - humility is it's own reward. C&E knows the truth :ph34r.:

@Bjorn - Thank you ^_^

Soooo about the Terminus Ultra. As I work on plans within plans I was doing research and found this on Bloodankittens:

gallery_6494_11942_205814.jpg

gallery_6494_11942_107265.jpg

I can see why the sponson was made this way but then there is the how:

gallery_6494_11942_148246.jpg

So, simple. I have the parts. I have the will. The question is, do I do this? If I do, then I can save precious space by NOT using the third hull I found earlier. OR, I can stick to the typical option and build the Terminus Ultra as it is originally designed.

Thoughts and feedback?

that's how I was planning on building mine, but mine was gonna be dedicated terminus ultra so no magnets and more yellow.....lots more yellow

The bloodofkittens version looks like someone was trying to optimize around the measuring from the weapon rules of older editions.

The original design with 4 independent sponsons looks more… reasonable, to me at least. If this was the question.

What third hull are you speaking of?

And in general, what is your view of this Ultramarines-specific tank in a non-ultra army, even painted in not blue?