• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

So, here we go ...

Stormraven Gunship 8 (Thunderbird-pattern)

My first flyer :thumbsup: I've always wanted a Stormraven since they were released but juuuuuuust couldn't get past its overall design. I mean, it's functional and better than what GW had before (which is nothing :laugh.: ). But when the Corvus Blastar came out, I just needed the funds. But when 8th Edition was was rumored, then I had to wait.

So this is the overall shot. The Auspex Array skull was filed down and a metal TL Heavy Boter bit from the original Master of the Ravenwing Land Speeder kit was used. It's a subtle conversion as the weapon is not standing too tall away from the hull. I decided to glue the TL Assault Cannons because I just love that weapon.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_28697.jpg

I used Carlson793's decals to get the Chapter sigil on the doors and have the heads facing toward the center. I had to dremel the Deathwatch sigil down on the doors. That was a modelling mistake because the tool I used was akin to using a hammer to cut a cake :sad.: I tried to clean up with greenstuff and that's almost as messy if you don't want to file off the little bolts in the corners of the door.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_194091.jpg

So, here is with the Hurricane Bolters and missile pod. The Hurricane's have a magnet inside them and the opposite magnet is within the hull. Talk about a pain there too! Thin magnets and the force is *just* enough to keep the parts from falling off :laugh.:

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_7810.jpg

ENGINE SHOT!

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_75524.jpg

Undercarriage. Here you can see the brutality I inflicted on the front doors :cry: I may just use some thin plasticard to cover up that mess. I dunno.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_4384.jpg

Thank you for looking!

@Bjorn - oh yeah, that was the best (read: efficient [i.e. easy]) way for me to get the standard Heavy Bolter onto the model. 

@duz_ - Man, I have to further admit that brought me back to my childhood when I would build a model plane like the A-10 and head outside to fly it around.  Believe me when I PLAY with my army at the table.  Like, when dudes get killed I'm all about the "argh" and "aiieee" and "I regret nothing!"

• 6 months later...

Wow. Have I been that lazy? Welp, NO MORE! ... for now :laugh.: Remember this discussion? Check this out ...

Land Raider Terminus Umbra 8 "Bolo"

gallery_6494_11942_32005.jpg

Yes, I named the tank after a giant-sentient tank from the book series started by Keith Laumer (highly recommended btw). Bolo is tank "8", yet is not the eighth Terminus Umbra in the arsenal. Actually, it's my personal lucky number sooo ... anyways, there is a Roman numeral "V" on the left side rear to show that Bolo is assigned to Solaq's 5th Company.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_64502.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_51554.jpg

This tank is special: it is designed to kill giant machines and as such "he" has done so for centuries. Thus, the machine spirit is decorated with battle honors.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_133909.jpg

Thank you for looking :happy.:

Edited by Race Bannon
LINK YO

Yes.  Yes, it is.  Believe me, if I could (legally) pack twin Assault Cannons as sponson weapons on a Land Raider, it would totally happen.  I mean, Hurricane Bolters cough out more lead, but there's more Rule of Cool in an Assault Cannon to me.  Needless to say, the recent VDR which limits the hobbyist to existing parts is extremely disappointing.

:huh.:... it's a Terminus Ultra just in Raven Guard colors ... I gave it a new name because I could :sweat:  I think it costs 400 points though.  I HIGHLY doubt I will use it in a standard game unless the opponent let's me be their hucklebearer :devil:

But I've always wanted one and finding a spare chassis let me live the dream :lol:

• 1 month later...

Been a while but here it is:

Lieutenant

So, this is the 2008 Webstore Promo dude. I couldn't stand his regular backpack, so I used a Sternguard one (I think :tongue.:). Also, please excuse the craptastic quality. Cell phone and stuff and I fought with it and then just settled because ... apathy.

As seen with the Primaris LT earlier, the "leaders" will get the white arms, but Captains will get the white helm. So, this guy gets the black helmet. There is a little black "V" on the front corner of the right tilt plate, but it got blocked by the backpack :sad.: Regardless, that is the symbol he is a part of the 5th Company (as he naturally does not have squad markings.

Not the optimal loadout, but that's what the model comes with sooo ...

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_163142.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_60011.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_22024.jpg

Thank you for looking!

Edited by Race Bannon
Dagnabit