Where's the Repulsors at??? :laugh.:

Funny you ask about that.  My Primaris have been sitting around (except for THIS GUY).  I'm just not married to them yet.  Maybe it's my stubborn old-schoolness, yet I kinda want to get through my "old" models first.  You know?  It's like if I get to working on the Primaris, then the PA duds keep staying in bitz boxes.

And with three Land Raiders taking up the space they do, I'm not *needing* a Repulsor.  Yet.

So much for the “I’m moving house, I might not manage one ETL” line, Race. Good going!

I was thinking earlier in the ETL thread the basing worked really well, so thanks for sharing the recipe. And I think I might have to pinch your method for the Sergeant’s ‘janglies’ when I get into my Tartaros.

Edited by NiceGuyAdi

• 2 weeks later...

So much for the “I’m moving house, I might not manage one ETL” line, Race. Good going!

Dude, this process sucks. I had to terminate my first offer the day of closing because the seller was (no kidding) conducting fraud to get us to buy. Our agent is awesome ^_^ We're good now and the first week of July will be utterly nuts. Buuuut this is not about my house situation :lol:

Apothecary

As you may have seen elsewhere, I used Kromlech's Apothecary set because ... snowflake. Although I appreciate the items, after putting it together in Raven Guard colors I think it make him look ... well ... relaxed. even as he is planning on breaking his Hypocratic Oath!

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_132805.jpg

Here is the arm in detail. I decided to try to use some GW-ness with the arm. It's a black base with VGC Light Grey, then wet-washed with Pallid Wych Flesh and a combo of heavy drybrush and direct line painting with White Scar. I deepened/fixed with VGC Pale Gray Wash. It's not perfect but I sort of enjoyed trying something new.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_121680.jpg

The left arm with a FW pad. You know ... not a fan actually. BUT it kept me from using a decal sooo ...

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_127627.jpg

Imperial Space Marine

I WAS NOT GOING TO BUY THIS MODEL! Have you seen the prices for this guy?! Yeah, no. :wallbash: Besides ... snowflake. Admittedly, this is a hard-caore rip off from Nusquam so credit is due :tu:

You will see he holding a Guardsman rifle but it's a good contrast to the bulky Boltguns around him ^_^ Also, it's slender profile fits for his special weapon. I wanted him to further stand out by using the kneeling legs and a Blood Angel chest piece (sans blood drop stuff). The head is from FW and is juuuust a bit smaller than normal, but this makes the overall model more bulky as well, I think. A Sternguard pauldron is used and totally in my washed grey. This was intentional to further show he is of the Chapter but suuuper special.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_79404.jpg

Is that High Marshall Helbrecht's back pack?! Heck yes! There is nothing like it in the entire collection and I knew it had to be used for a single dude in some way. So when I planned to make my own ISM, the pack was a given.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_25162.jpg

The left arm with a FW pad. You know ... not a fan actually. BUT it kept me from using a decal sooo ...

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_122638.jpg

I'm really glad to have these guys in the collection (finally) and I'm not sure I would have got to them were it not for the ETL :tu:

Thank you for looking ^_^

I like that rifle conversion! :tu:

Looks great, definitely worth the "I shouldn't buy this" :lol:

What don't you like about the FW pads? Other than they're resin and expensive?
I don't mind them for my Vet's although the Shapeways ones are definitely better bang for your buck! :)

Thank you!

The FW pads don;t seem bold enough for me I suppose.  The surface of the raven was uneven.  I wanted the raised style for these two because of the opposing shoulder pads but, eh.  They are not terrible, but I may limit their use to very special dudes just to get them out of my bitz box :lol:

I really want to like the GW ISM, but I can’t get behind it. Something about the gait that seems off, and yours works. I didn’t know Kronlech had Apothecary bits so will need to check them out.

I’ve got some Forgeworld pauldrons that are a bit more veteran-y: purity seals and laurels wreaths and such. They look great for the special models.

Love Anvil industries. I'm still looking at gettign some Kromlech stuff soon but Race, in your honest opinion was the Apothecary bits worth it? 

If you're looking at Kromlech follow them on FB. Most of the time whenever they hit a benchmark for likes they run a sale, and lately it's been in the 20% off range. I'd say they have a sale 4-5 times a year so if you're looking to pick up a lot of stuff it can really help out.

LOVE Anvil stuff too.  I only have a few pieces but have been happy with them overall.  Their range is just not in my courtyard for the most part.

@war - You know, great question.  In my opinion, the strength of the set is that the Reductor is on the right arm.  Naturally, this opens up more options to you for the left arm.  I still have the perception that it is longer than a typical SM arm and this caused me to cut a lot from the shoulder bulb leading to "raising" the arm a bit.  The pauldron is glued near the bottom half versus the inside corner (typical to those pieces).  It worked for the model to do so.  YET, the hand looked rested.  Even the GW version looks to be in an "action" pose with the fingers straightened.  SO, to use the extended bolt pistol over a chainsword arm (due to his standard wargear), made the overall model dichotomous to me.  On the one hand (literally), he is using a weapon to kill, on the other hand he looks almost bored doing it :confused:

The pack is a simple alternative.  It's factually smaller in height and lacks the "Apothecaryness" in the GW version.

In the end I wanted to do something different, something very few would do, and I had to accept the end result.  Is it my best model or work?  No, but it satisfies the "uniqueness" I wanted for the unit - that the right arm for special units uses their Codex color and that the Reductor would have been painted black had I used the GW piece.  With the Kromlech parts, the Reductor would be white along with the pauldron.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, it's like I have nothing to say which is simply not true (ask my wife :lol:).

This is my fifth and final vow for the 2018 ETL. Not only was I able to pull it off within a week of the closing, I was able to get 5 vows done :tu: Although less points than the last ETL, I had a lot more going on IRL than I expected at the start. So I played it safe. Also, this squad was made with leftover bits from at least two boxes and some traded stuff. I feel lucky I had just enough to make this squad :pinch:

Terminator Assault Squad 4

For this pic, I used more natural light (since I'm no longer in a basement), BUT it's still using a cell phone, so continued apologies for that. Anyways, obviously a mixed layout of Lightning Claws and Thunderhammers.

gallery_6494_11942_40762.jpg

SO, let's see some details. This is the Sergeant. I used a relatively new technique for the white which is GWs plan from their Novamarine armor video (Rakarth Flesh->Pallid Wych Flesh->Agrax Earthsahde in the corners->White Scar edging) EXCEPT that I used White Scar for the bulk of the plating, leaving a little Pallid before the shading. It's hard to see the effect in the pic but I assure you it works :woot: So, I have found my new white plan.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_54187.jpg

The right side. The raven head is pointing to the front and this was intentional. Continued thanks to Carlson793's decal work to allow this presentation. You can clearly see the decal though and it occurred to me as I type this that I may not have applied the gloss coat over the decals :wallbash: Oh well I suppose.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_34692.jpg

The sorta left side. This was to show off the squad decal, again from Carlson793 :tu:

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_80039.jpg

Lightning Claw dude 1. Although I *l o v e d* putting these guys together, posing was a serious challenge. I do believe the lightning claw arms in the kit do not go well with the legs. Clearly the box is showing it's tooth. BUT, I feel like I got a decent "I'm coming to kill you!" vibe with this guy. The fuzz at the FRONT TIP of the claw is due to the black spray base coat. All the models have some fuzz on them somewhere and I was mighty pissed about it.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_30715.jpg

Another angle of the posing.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_111724.jpg

Lightning claw dude 2. This guy looks like he is hunting his next target :devil:

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_137928.jpg

Thunderhamer dude 1. At this angle he's either bracing for an attack, or just beat down a heretic and is looking for the next victim.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_60259.jpg

Another angle of the posing. I also challenged myself to use the pauldron with the name plate. This forced me to cut the sigil decal ... and I failed in detail. At a distance it looks fine :lol:

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_81765.jpg

Thunderhammer dude 2. With the parts I had left, this is all I could think of, so he's just kind of, "I'm here, ready to kill you."

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_67750.jpg

Next up ... my Grey Knight squad support because ... more Terminators.