Thank you guys ^_^

I must admit, I kept my Raptors Terminator and Tactical Squad because of the work put into them.  Oh, and a Scout Sniper dude to use in a Kill Team.

WHICH by the way I need to work on after my Grey Knights.  Maybe.

Check out Page 7, Post #160 :happy.: (I can't copy/paste using my work PC)

In review: I bought a GK Terminator Squad as an "homage" of sorts to my older collection.  I will likely never use them, but the money was spent and I'm a collector of sorts ... and they are taking space in my "to be built" box now :laugh.:

To be sure, I am not making a GK force in a traditional sense, not even for Kill Team.

Raven Guard or go home :tu:

Edited by Race Bannon

Check out Page 7, Post #160 :happy.: (I can't copy/paste using my work PC)

In review: I bought a GK Terminator Squad as an "homage" of sorts to my older collection.  I will likely never use them, but the money was spent and I'm a collector of sorts ... and they are taking space in my "to be built" box now :laugh.:

To be sure, I am not making a GK force in a traditional sense, not even for Kill Team.

Raven Guard or go home :thumbsup:

Holy Old School Out of Print GKT Race..... :thumbsup:

those are some ollllllllllllllld models, wow!

When I first learned about 40k I wanted to do GK but decided against it because they were an elite army.

I have probably 1500 points of GK that my buddy gave me a while back that he was never going to use. I plan on building out a KT with some of the models so I can use them.

• 4 weeks later...

So, "Monday" turning into "next month" :lol: :cry:

I got the pieces cleaned and bases ... based.  Tomorrow I plan (weather permitting) to spray the base coat.

The plan for the GK squad will be to pay so homage to when I first acquired the unit.  This means using a grey color for the armor with red and silver highlights.  The grey in mind will be Ral Partha's Ghost Bear Grey, washed over with Nuln Oil to make it dark enough to border the scheme used in 3rd edition.  This gives me some peace of mind as ...

* I was never fond of the current iteration of GK scheme so now I won't :P,

* The unit harkens to a more civilized time in my gaming career,

* The grey color is what I used for my first and only DIY Chapter from RT days,

* Which also uses paint from a treasured game system to me (Battletech), and

* Mentally looks good to me :tu:

My hope is to have something to show within the next two weeks.  Lawdy children can keep a man busy!

* I was never fond of the current iteration of GK scheme so now I won't :tongue.:,

I like the current scheme but I DO NOT WANT TO attempt to paint that much silver........one of the main Reasons I'm doing my GKs as Exorcists

Edited by war009

* I was never fond of the current iteration of GK scheme so now I won't :P,

I like the current scheme but I DO NOT WANT TO attempt to paint that much silver........one of the main Reasons I'm doing my GKs as Exorcists

I support that fully ^_^

And here I sit and I can't wait to paint up my GK kill team because I feel like that much silver is going to be a piece of cake. I figured prime black, a couple base coats of silver, nuln oil, light silver dry brush, highlight silver to white, then colored details...

And here I sit and I can't wait to paint up my GK kill team because I feel like that much silver is going to be a piece of cake. I figured prime black, a couple base coats of silver, nuln oil, light silver dry brush, highlight silver to white, then colored details...

It may be that simple. I'm just not a fan of all that silver ;). I mean, I get it ... Knights + stereotype = silver. Sprinkle some of the purity these dudes have and it should be REALLY SHINEY armor ... And that's ok.

But not for me ^_^

Doo eeet!

Woo C&E, long time no see! Man, where you been?!

So, this project looks like it'll take a spell. Why ... WHY is it suddenly hard to find black spray primer around here?!?!!

Sigh. Whatever. Next week should certainly see paint on the models one way or another.

Woo C&E, long time no see! Man, where you been?!

So, this project looks like it'll take a spell. Why ... WHY is it suddenly hard to find black spray primer around here?!?!!

Sigh. Whatever. Next week should certainly see paint on the models one way or another.

Been busy.

My kid is super into Magic: The Gathering right now, so I've been spending my free time on that.

With Kill Team being out I'm going to paint him up some Blood Angels.

Oh, I've been using Krylon Flat Black Paint + Primer from Wal-Mart. Looks almost identical to Chaos Black and about a quarter the price.

Oh, and check the DW subforum in the next couple of days. I'm going to post some pics of my boys.

Edited by Claws and Effect