Greenz'z Angels of Absolution 5th Co WIP

Greenz

I'm really curious to see the shoulderpad work on Ammiar, would you be willing to show us a side profile picture? :D

Of course! It'll probably be closer to the weekend though before I get up new pics. I want to get up better pics of him and the thundernators anyways

• 2 weeks later...

Took a little longer than I wanted to get this up. My littlest one has decided to switch up her sleep schedule on us :dry.:

So here is Chapter Master Ammiar, minus his little hooded fellow, who'll get painted up soon. Hes all done except for his base. I recently decided Id like to get an IG army going as a "side project". They're going to be cold weather based, and I want to tie these two armies together, so Im currently experimenting with different snow effects.

med_gallery_71758_11985_59786.jpg

med_gallery_71758_11985_171530.jpg

med_gallery_71758_11985_122297.jpg

med_gallery_71758_11985_138246.jpg

Thanks for looking!

A little pic heavy here

Not heavy enough!

WE NEED MOAR!

Haha thanks GRC, I had a good chuckle when I read that yesterday. Maybe it wasn't as pic heavy as it felt. My other terminator squad just needs a few touch ups and I'll be posting them up hopefully over the holidays. I'll see if I can pull off some comic book, dramatic angle shot just for you ;)

Also my assault squad is almost fully built. Hoping to get them primed up over the holidays too. Then on to tactical squad #3

Thanks Raztalin, the OSL is still in the learning curve process. I'm practicing my wet blending more to try and keep it smooth. My assault cannon terminator has a modified backpack too. More ammo= more dead Orks

Syphid, my Latin is a little rusty lol, but I'm guessing Ultimate Absolution? Its quite fitting ;)

So today being the last day before holidays, work was very slow. Thankfully I planned ahead and brought my next 10 guys to work on! I got most of the legs cut and shimmed (again, very slow day). But this brings me to my next issue, I'm torn as to what this squad is doing

1: a grav/ grav squad that is severely damaged. Lots of injuries, lots of damage

Or 2: these guys are helping out a beleaguered IG unit. This will have some guardsmen from my side project with them.

Both projects will be hefty, but lots of fun. I just don't know which to tackle first. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

So I've decided to take a break from all the infantry I've been working on, and give my 2nd co some attention. Im starting with some bikes I got for Xmas, and quickly remembered why I've been putting off bikes for so long. It's sad that I've been playing DA for 20 plus years, but have never had any bikes

I've never liked the look of a marine holding a standard special weapon one handed. Maneuvering a bike at the speed they do through obstacles, all the while firing a 2 handed weapon accurately with 1 hand? Not for me

For a while I'd been considering modifying all the special weapons to bullpups. I like the grip being further ahead, and a more compact body seems a little more manageable. Then a buddy of mine suggested an over the shoulder weapon, so both hands are freed up. I'm thinking of using the missile launcher loading arm as a base. I'm just not sure if that's a bit far fetched for a normal marine. You only ever see servo arms on techmarines.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions, or thoughts on this issue. If I'm over thinking things, please feel free to slap some sense into me lol

Hmm, shooting huge guns one-handed from a bike on the battlefield seems a bit ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as using chainsaws as weapon :laugh.:

- Bullpups are a possibility. It will look a bit more natural, like a pistol being used. 

- Mount them on your marines like a servo, I believe that Kizzdougs did something similar with his termies. I'll look it up.

- Mount them somewhere on the back of your bikes, upside down and muzzle to the back, so it would look like you can quickdraw your special.

- Model a sling and hang them underneath the arm of your guys, like the Company Master from DV (I love that model just for that)

- Instal the weapon somewhere on the bikes, similar to the bolters on the farings

Edit: Found Kizzdougs terminator

Edited by GreyRavenC

Hmm, shooting huge guns one-handed from a bike on the battlefield seems a bit ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as using chainsaws as weapon :laugh.:

Haha don't worry, the absurdity of my current dilemma hasn't escaped me

Thanks for the link, those are some incredible models! I like what hes done with that shoulder/ back mount. Feels very Predator like

I'm not a huge fan of slings on marines, but the quick draw holster idea I do like. Possibly how you described it, or somewhere down near the left foot somehow. I'm actually really liking that idea. Thanks man!

Yea, that'll be the next issue to figure out when I settle on a method here.

I'm hoping to have these guys done soon, and I'll throw them up on the Armoury thread. I'm having issues uploading pics to my computer at the moment. As soon as that's rectified I'll get some updated pics on there

• 3 weeks later...

Small update. I finished up all the insignia and battle damage a little while back, but I finally managed to get to a GW and picked up a set of 32mm bases and the new snow paint. So after rebasing them, its time to post my first fully finished tactical squad

med_gallery_71758_11985_15511.jpg

Assembly is moving ahead quite well on the bike squad, and hopefully Ill be priming my assault squad tomorrow.

The snow definitely helps bring the bases to life. That is a great looking squad!I love your bone color.

Thanks Brother-Captain! Its taken a while, but I think I'm finally happy with my bone formula. And I'm really impressed with GWs snow paint, its a lot of fun lol

Nice! And you even have a permanent coversave with your guys :lol:

Hahaha, play smart, not hard ;) But in all seriousness, I rarely ever play. On the flipside of the wall, I made a bunch of bullet holes in the silhouette of the marine, in the off chance I find time to play in the next 10 years!

• 2 months later...

I just realized its been almost 3 months since Ive updated this, and that simply wont do. With real life being so busy, Ive found my motivation lacking lately and Ive been bouncing between units and not fully completing anything. My assault squad is still in various stages of paint, and the tactical squad I was working on assembling hit a wall and I had to put them aside. Thankfully though I finished building my first bike squad the other day

med_gallery_71758_11985_97864.jpg

These guys had their share of annoyances. I completely destroyed 2 plasma guns while attempting to create a more appropriate looking weapon for a biker. I wasnt happy with the bullpup version I made, so I then attempted an underslung version, kind of like the DW plasma cannon. Didnt like that either. In the end, I cut the overall length down, and moved the grip further towards the middle. I didnt get a very good pic of it, this one was taken rather hastily. Ill get a better angle later. Im also not sold on the plasma gun firing either, though that was my 3rd attempt at it. I may redo the effect before priming these guys.

Besides this, my landspeeder Typhoon is almost assembled, and Ive been working on a devastator squad, which will still be a while. But hopefully the updates will be a bit more consistent in the future.Thanks for looking!