Greenz'z Angels of Absolution 5th Co WIP

Greenz

@Fierce: Thanks man! The fingers were tricky. I flattened out a rectangle of greenstuff roughly the size of his fingers. Then with a brand new Xacto blade, I gently scored the shape of the fingers and armour plates. Then deepened them, and sliced away any excess GS. The pilot took I think 4 tries and a number of curse words before I was happy. The gunner was a bit easier

@Cpt. Bannockburn: Thanks brother! First time doing this kind of battle damage, it was a lot of fun!

@JJD: Thanks a lot! The plan was to have the pilot patting his “steed” as a thank you for taking the damage. But it’s hard to pull that off with such limited movement and wearing a helmet. It’s hard to tell in the pics, but the gunner is supposed to be sort of leaning over looking at the damage. It definitely does look they could be holding on for dear life though haha

Edited by Greenz

Superb work on that speeder brother! I love models that convey a sense of narrative, and that Typhoon is practically a short story in it's own right. Just brilliant conversion and paint work.

The Devastators are looking great too. I'd be interested in seeing how they scale next to Primaris marines as well.

Keep up the great work!

@GRC: Thanks so much buddy, its comments like that that keep me pushing to try new things!

@Hulk: Brother, thats a huge compliment, especially from someone as narrative driven as yourself! Thank you! And as requested, heres a scale shot

med_gallery_71758_11985_58734.jpg

So, as you can see, a Cadian on the left for scale purposes. Beside him, a stock, unmodified marine. Second from the right, one of my tallscaled marines beside a primaris. I was a little worried at first about including primaris in my army because of the scale. But as you can see, the primaris still stands about half a head taller than a tallscaled marine, and has quite a substantial amount of bulk to him. Im actually quite happy with how it all works out. Primaris have quite the height difference when compared to stock marines. I can definitely appreciate why a lot of people dont like tallscaled. But to me, the height differences are now pretty close to perfect. My tallscaled are about a head and a bit taller than a human, and the primaris is still taller, as is befitting.

Edited by Greenz

Straight out of a diorama. I can appreciate the brutallity of the battle you're illustrating. Splendid job man, keep 'em coming.

So are you going all in Primaris, or are you going to keep true-scaling your dudes? I didn't like the primaris at first, but painting some up myself makes me regret the 80+ squatmarines I have right now.

Edited by GreyRavenC

Straight out of a diorama. I can appreciate the brutallity of the battle you're illustrating. Splendid jon man, keep 'em coming.

So are you going all in Primaris, or are you going to keep true-scaling your dudes? I didn't like the primaris at first, but painting some up myself makes me regret the 80+ squatmarines I have right now.

Thanks man! Concerning the primaris, my current plan is to do a mixed company. I kept the primaris at a distance for a long time. Having played DA for over 20 years, GW introducing these new guys was a tough pill to swallow at first. But the models are fantastic, and like it or not, they are the future of the marine line.

The plan right now is 4 tactical squads, 2 intercessor squads, 1 assault, 1 inceptor, 1 devastator squad and 1 hellblaster. Then I’ll likley have a reiver unit, a plasma inceptor and an aggressor unit seconded from reserve companies. My co master is primaris, as well as 1 of the lieutenants. They’ll also be Inner Circle members...

Thanks GMB!

GRC, the new company format here is actually a few less marines than originally planned for the old company. At this point I think Ill only need to truescale another 25 or so old marines, as opposed to 50 more. That’s not including terminators though haha.

The tricky part will now be figuring out how to repose the primaris. I’m currently trying to figure out what to do with the inceptors to vary the poses

• 2 weeks later...

@Brother Karael: haha nothing some perseverance and greenstuff can’t overcome

@Zacret: Thanks brother! That smoke was a lot of fun to paint. I referenced a lot of images of RPGs firing, and tried to get that flame effect coming through the middle of the smoke

On a side note, the chap mobile is finally built. Pics should be up tonight or tomorrow morning

Edited by Greenz

• 2 weeks later...

@Arkley: Thanks man, its great to see you back in these parts again :thumbsup:

So I guess my Darkshroud wasnt as done as I thought it was. The skull/ arch/ speaker things mid chassis felt very out of place, so I ended up adding some cabling, and GSed in some more skull/ arch things to help reinforce the whole Chapmobile theme

med_gallery_71758_11985_29781.jpg

med_gallery_71758_11985_116226.jpg

med_gallery_71758_11985_45939.jpg

med_gallery_71758_11985_98766.jpg

med_gallery_71758_11985_42502.jpg

Sorry, a couple of the pics are a touch blurry. My 2 year old decided she wanted to help daddy take the pics. I couldnt say no to that face :blush.:

I still feel like its missing something, but at this point Im hoping itll be in the paintjob, because I just cant quite figure it out. And I really need to finish up painting the devastators. The flying peg needs to get better supported as well, but thatll be a quick pinning job. Anyways, C&C is more than welcome as always

Greenz, your green stuff sculpting is top notch again, the scratch little DA icon in front of the Chaplain is ace!

I see also on the base where you get the vast amounts for 'green stuff' from... :)

From a composition point of view it is nicely balanced imho. I'm assuming you want the eye to be drawn to the chaplain, given he will be black that should contrast nicely with the AoA bone white.

The arcanium and the speaker system will be key features I'm guessing, how you plan to treat those might be what solves your 'something missing' question?

Looking forward to the end result!

Oh wow, it’s way too early for these puns. Should I name my apothecary Dr. Drediel? Or does that sound too much like a Jewish fidget spinner? (My apologies, it’s very early and my kids had me up half the night)

@Fierce: Thanks for the compliment man. Haha and the green stuff joke, too much comedy this morning! Yes, the Icon/ Chaplain are going to be the focal point. As you said, the black of the armour will draw the eye, as well I’m hoping to pull off a soft blue glow coming out of the skulls behind him, to show the power coming out of the Icon

@GRC: Thanks brother! Yea the original plan was to convert the DA stained glass theme into and AoA one, but that quickly proved way beyond my skills. You’ve got a great point, maybe I’ll do a more elaborate free hand symbol... and hope I don’t screw it up!

• 2 weeks later...

That Dark Shroud looks fantastic and some really nice GS work through out the log as a whole to be honest. Obviously I'm going to approve of the true scale stuff but some of the conversions such as the assault squad fighting the orks is superb.

Genuinely inspirational stuff mate, you should be proud of these. :tu:

That Dark Shroud looks fantastic and some really nice GS work through out the log as a whole to be honest. Obviously I'm going to approve of the true scale stuff but some of the conversions such as the assault squad fighting the orks is superb.

Genuinely inspirational stuff mate, you should be proud of these. :tu:

Thanks for stopping by Doghouse, I’m glad you approve! Like I said in your thread, it was your work that originally got me going on the truescaling. After the ETL I want to finish up that assault squad. I had hit a burn out with them, so they’ve been collecting dust since. But I keep feeling guilty every time I see them sitting on my desk. If I don’t get side tracked by my Nurgle Blood Angels that is...