Greenz'z Angels of Absolution 5th Co WIP

Greenz

Oh wow, time to shamefully blow the dust off this thread. I hit a wall last year, and decided to take a break from truescaling and bone armour in general. But after trying out a few different projects, I realized it wasnt just my Angels I was burnt out with. Life in general was getting too hectic, so I stepped away from the hobby for a number of months. As always, Captain Sempers ETL has fired me up, so Im really hoping I can see this project through now. Looking at the AoA part of my hobby area, Ive come to the sad realization that I have a significant backlog. 5 units in various stages of paint, 2-3 units in various stages of assembly, and numerous units that I havent even touched yet. Again, heres hoping I can pick this project back up and carry it through!

Now, the first assembled model in almost a year. A few weeks back, over in Stobz'z thread, there was a slight incident with Stobz and GreyRaven picking on one of our brethren over his title change. This got my rusted gears turning, and I saw fit to do a model in our brothers honour.

med_gallery_71758_11985_116311.jpeg

So I present Lieutenant Arklae. I was in a rush, and didnt get decent pics from other angles. His helmet has a large gash through it, hence why hes removed it. Theres a gash down his face too, but itll need blood to make it stand out. Hopefully this helps dispel the myth that all lieutenants stand around pointing at things (just most of them :biggrin.: ). I also have a Librarian thats almost built, based off the other primaris lieutenant in the DI box. He should be done assembly within the week. Though Im trying something out with mechanics wire and picture wire to create lightning bolts, so well see if that comes together.

As always, C&C is more that welcome!

Greenz the Green Stuffz Master is back! I've missed your conversions, so it's nice to see you back in action.

A few weeks back, over in Stobz'z thread, there was a slight incident with Stobz and GreyRaven picking on one of our brethren over his title change. This got my rusted gears turning, and I saw fit to do a model in our brothers honour. 

Nonsense! I was just making an observation. The promotion of a certain individual was purely a coincidence. But hey, if teasing Arkman gets your hobby juices flowing, then he's in for a rough time :devil:

@GRC hahaha I had a good chuckle at that conversation the other week. But let’s see what future ribbings do for inspiration. And thanks for the kind words brother. It’s good to be back working on these guys. I missed GSing robes and killing Orks

@Arkley yea, he’ll be one of 2 lieutenants for my AoA. The other will be a normal marine. Can’t be showing favouritism ;)

• 3 weeks later...

My Lieutenant isnt done yet, unfortunately. I was hoping to be done him a week ago, but numerous slacking reasons have kept him form completion. I also thought I had uploaded a WIP pic of him, but it looks like I didnt. He should be done in a couple days, regardless. I have, however, been quite productive at work the last couple weeks. Not doing work work, but working on my models, naturally :whistling:

So heres my Primaris Librarian, based off one of the Lt. models from Dark Imperium, with my usual flair for dramatics

med_gallery_71758_11985_42249.jpeg

med_gallery_71758_11985_108341.jpeg

med_gallery_71758_11985_73275.jpeg

Im not sure how complete he is. Im undecided on the cabling from his hood down his chest. The cables are a bit thick, and the ridges dont look right. I might end up redoing them

And a couple other things keeping me busy right now. The first 2 models from my intercessor squad. This squad has taken a beating, and will feature a few badly injured marines, taking a desperate stand. Kinda befitting for the meatshield primaris...

med_gallery_71758_11985_88474.jpeg

Like I said, still WIP. The greenstuff needs some work, and the stick grenade is just for a base. Its a 2nd edition grenade, and needs to be beefed up a bit more.

Also, heres the beginnings of what I have planned for my inceptors.

med_gallery_71758_11985_99888.jpeg

Overall I really like the inceptor models. There are just 2 things I dont like. One are the weird futuristic snowshoes. Not much I can do about those without some major reworking. The other thing I dont like are the assault bolters. I feel theyre way too bulky and awkward. So Ive cut off the shields, cut out the box mags and replaced them in the lower back. The mechanics wire is base for the mag belt that will connect the bolter to the box mags. Hopefully my GS skills are up to the task.

So there we go. A whole lot of little stuff on the go haha. Thanks for looking, hopefully there will be a paint update in the next few days

• 1 month later...

Sweet, finally I can call Lieutenant Arklae complete! He was lot of fun to paint, even if he took me 2 months. GRC. Stobz and Lt Arkley, I greatly appreciate the inspriration brothers

med_gallery_71758_11985_22245.jpegmed_gallery_71758_11985_239767.jpeg

med_gallery_71758_11985_116536.jpegmed_gallery_71758_11985_104774.jpegmed_gallery_71758_11985_324871.jpegmed_gallery_71758_11985_141518.jpeg

Librarians next on the painting block. Thanks for looking!

@jbaeza: thanks man, it was a lot of fun getting it right

@Arkley: I’m glad you like him brother, and thanks again for the inspiring name change haha. I had no intention of doing a Lt until that conversation

@Bevulf: thanks a lot! You work has been so inspiring over the years. I’m really happy to see you working on your DA again. The Libs has been base coated, I’m hoping to have him done in a week or so

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, Im in need of some opinions please. And the quicker the better so I can get back to painting haha :yes:

So heres where Im at with my Libby

med_gallery_71758_11985_127989.jpeg

There are 2 things Im stuck on, and they both affect each other. So first is the tabard, Currently its green, but Im debating if I should repaint it bone. The second part is about the colour of the lightning. Id been picturing all along bright purple for the lightning. My concern there is, with the green tabard, is this too many big blocks of colour? Hence, why Im on the fence about the bone tabard. But also, I dont know if purple lightning is necessarily the right colour either. Across my army, I dont and probably wont have any more splashes of purple. Im wondering if I should paint the lightning flame colours, to tie it in to muzzle flashes on other models. I really hope this makes sense, my little monsters are bouncing on my lap

Again, opinions are needed please! Thanks guys!

I vote bone.

I think it will contrast better with the blue, and will match well no matter what color you go with for the lightning. Be it orange, purple, or anything else that matches the blue.

The mini will have three main focuses of color, after all. The blue armor, the purple lightning, and a third color should go well if it is something softer and more neutral that will permit a balance between the other two.

If not, then maybe the tabbard could be orange, for a blue, purple and orange scheme? If you want to go crazy.

I think I'd repaint all the tabard to bone, then have the lightning as a really bright colour (probably a really light blue or maybe turquoise, if you want it to represent electricity), highlighted up to pure white.

Visually it's quite a busy model (which I mean as a compliment, not a criticism), so limiting the colour pallette, to me, would maybe help tie it all together.

You guys rock! I knew I could count on my brothers (and sister :D ). So it seems like everyone’s in favour of bone tabard and blue/ white lightning.

To answer Lost’s question, there were a number of reasons I hadn’t considered blue. One, I was worried it wouldn’t stand out enough as the focal point of the model. Two, I thought the OSL might blend in too much with the blue armour. And third, we had a wicked thunderstorm roll through my area a few weeks back, and I had some AMAZING purple lightning! But now blue seems to be the general go to here. Thanks again everyone, you’ve been a huge help!

Edited by Greenz

Vote for the bone tabard as well over here, they're AoA after all. I wouldn't go for a strict blue lightning either, echoing your fear for too much blue. Mixing in purple and different shades of blue would be nice though. They're not too different to make much of problem.