Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= E Tenebrae Lux V =][=

E Tenebrae Lux V ETL V ETL

• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,218 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More

Donated every year I've been here, But it is starting to look like a Red Cross donation push. The Frater have always come through.

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Ὀσυμανδύας

Ὀσυμανδύας

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,755 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Agents: Ordo Machinum

"A Moment of Laxity Spawns a Forum of Internet Ads..." msn-wink.gif

• Uprising and bluntblade like this

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,487 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

Great "thought of the day", there, Rashbold. 

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here, waiting for the final report!

Captain Semper!!!

killing+me.gif

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 21 August 2016 - 07:56 PM.

• Ὀσυμανδύας, KBA, Captain Semper and 4 others like this

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 209 posts
  • Faction: Sublime Sound Seekers

In the meanwhile... THANK YOU SEMPER!

I have a (not wonderfully but at least fully!!) painted chaos army of my own! All mine! It's the first time! (I play from the 2000... only another fully painted army of tyranids...and a few GK... i'm a lazy, lazy graylover -__- )

The Etl was a blast! 

THANK YOU AGAIN! 

And all of you, Chaos Fratres!

(Thanks wife)

Edited by Filkarion, 21 August 2016 - 09:01 PM.

• Sgt. Blank, Akylas and Augustus b'Raass like this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_TyraniMy Sublime Sound Seekers Slaanesh army

thamier

thamier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,499 posts
  • Faction: Balefire Legion
sunday almost overe herrunder a hour to go then its monday ;)

"When we reap their flesh our enemies weakens, when we feed on their soulsour resolve strengthen, but our hunger is never sated and our enemies shall know no peace."My W.I.P Chaos Space Marine thread : Balefire Legion

8FD7ACE1-1E89-4D18-9F78-F73837465D2B.pngE34AE41F-3A16-4ACB-93FD-A00C82F503D5.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gif5A824685-D153-44B5-8405-3C0CAA6F4B60.png30C434FF-294A-42DB-840E-24EC0844FCAA.jpg6616117F-FAAF-4152-8F30-7C11C0435972.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_8822.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_4603.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_257.pngETL_Medal_03.gif

You are also welcome to check out my new youtube channel at:

https://www.youtube....7WYgmAQAkiYAIPQ

Ὀσυμανδύας

Ὀσυμανδύας

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,755 posts

Alr-i-i-i-ght, Chaos! 

Enough is enough. Stop interfering with Captain Semper's Wi-Fi.

You're either delaying it because of your loss and you don't want it revealed...

...or you're delaying it because of your win and are just enjoying torturing the rest of us...

tongue.png

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,434 posts

Alr-i-i-i-ght, Chaos! 

Enough is enough. Stop interfering with Captain Semper's Wi-Fi.

You're either delaying it because of your loss and you don't want it revealed...

...or you're delaying it because of your win and are just enjoying torturing the rest of us...

tongue.png

and ourselves, we enjoy torturing ourselves too...

• Ὀσυμανδύας, KBA and AlanofAngels like this

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpgR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx8we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

lfhoule

lfhoule

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 258 posts

For some of us, the continuing delay means one less day til the end of the year that we have to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker... So take as long as you need Semper!! 

• Ὀσυμανδύας, Augustus b'Raass and thamier like this

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_01.jpg

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 13,666 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

ETL_2016_Poster_08_Champions2.jpg

The glass planet begun to crack... Captain Semper looked around him in abject disbelief.

- So Captain, strange how things turned out...
- What do you mean daemon? 
How Chaos consumes EVERYTHING... Wins everything... Dominates everything....
- It does not consume me foul creature of the Warp! 

He pulled his trusty plasma pistol and pointed it directly to the apparition in front of him. 

- Do you plan to pull that trigger? Trust me when I tell you, this time it will get hot...

Semper lowered his pistol. He thought to try his power sword but quickly dismissed the idea. A waste of time chasing phantoms... 

- You know Chaos cannot win, daemon! You know the Emperor's light will do away with the darkness.
- But here's where you're wrong Captain. Chaos will win and in fact it's winning now, as we speak! 

The glass planet shattered into millions of pieces and Captian Semper woke in his quarters within the Lion's Wrath

CHAOS HAS WON YET AGAIN!

REALM OF CHAOS: E TENEBRAE LUX V CHAMPIONS!!!

Section 1 – Overview

ETL V is over and what an ETL it was!

Huge participation again, the second highest in fact, with 472 participants and the highest completion rate ever which led to the HIGHEST amount of completed points, beating even the legendary ETL III! The biggest event of its kind in the internet just achieved new heights! As usual I would like to congratulate those who completed their vows (or even one vow) and for those who didn’t, well, there is always the next time!

So what were the highlights of this year’s event? Well obviously that Chaos managed a third win in a row! This speaks volumes for the enthusiasm and commitment of our Chaos community. Their Strategium thread run 78 pages long, they put their customary satellite event in place and they achieved a scary completion rate for what is the second more populous Faction in the ETL. To further drive the point home, it was the only Faction this year with zero penalty points.

Another point to raise is the ongoing growth of the HH fan base. The HH setting is capturing an increasing portion of the B&C frater and this is reflected in the huge following in the ETL with 108 participants this year – the highest among all factions and the highest in the history of the ETL! And not only that but despite the large following their completion rate stood at very high levels in absolute terms. This was a huge channelling of resources, something that must make the HH community really proud!

Lastly I would like to point out how things work at the other end of the spectrum, with no enormous vows or huge point-count, but with tons of commitment, enthusiasm and fun: The Blood Angels Faction! These guys despite having the lowest average vow in this year’s ETL of barely 400 points (actually the lowest average vow of all Factions of all ETLs) and a participation level that was significantly lower than last year’s spike (but still materially higher than the previous years) managed the highest completion rate in this year’s ETL and the second highest ever (the highest was achieved by the HH faction in ETL II when it numbered just 16 participants).

Again this year the conduct of all participants was exemplary despite the competitive nature of the event. People were always helpful, polite and constructive, as they tried to explain techniques, share tips, help newer participants navigate through the ETL mechanics and of course cheer and encourage their fellow players in new heights of achievement. This is what aligns the ETL with the mission statement of the B&C and that's how it will continue going forward! Furthermore, the “Spirit of the ETL” starts to seep through and gradually people willingly align with it – sometimes zealously so!

Now let’s see how this ETL developed:

gallery_27176_11917_16086.jpg

As you can see there was a sustained strong result every week with the exception of Week 5 (the one immediately after the closing to new participants) which in itself was not that bad. But from Week 6 onwards people became active again maintaining pace week after week. Even Week 9, traditionally a very slow week, did very well – lower than the one preceding and succeeding it but still quite strong. And then Week 11 happened. Don’t know what made the entire community to spring into action, but whatever it was, it worked. Then Week 12 maintained the high completions trend and Week 13? Oh boy… The strongest Week 13 of all time with more that 150k points! This is a record I doubt we will ever beat!

I think the main takeaway from this ETL is that during the dreaded period of deep summer, Weeks 8-10, the production did not wane and as such the final result was an unprecedented 393,548 points (before penalties) the highest score ever in the history of the ETL, beating even the legendary ETL III levels by 566 points and last year’s ETL (the one with the highest participation ever) by more 44 thousand points! Also the penalty points were significantly lower vs. last year and closer to the (admittedly very low) ETL III levels.

And this is it in a nutshell:

E TENEBRAE LUX V – Final Results Table
PositionFactionPoints unmodified Points Post PenaltiesCompletion Rate Post PenaltiesFinal Score
FIRST Realm of Chaos 111,658 111,658 85.2% 95,133
Second Horus Heresy 108,115 104,362 73.5% 76,748
Third Space Wolves 46,370 44,452 75.4% 33,531
Fourth Codex 48,067 47,319 67.8% 32,061
Fifth Blood Angels 34,733 34,193 85.2% 29,116
Sixth Dark Angels 27,739 26,769 60.3% 16,140
Seventh IFOR 16,866 16,749 54.7% 9,168
TOTAL ETL V 393,548 385,502 74.6% 287,514

ALL GLORY TO REALM OF CHAOS!

ETL CHAMPIONS FOR A THIRD TIME IN A ROW!

And since this ETL marks half a decade of the event, let’s see how the above stats compare with previous ETLs:

gallery_27176_11917_14152.jpg

Section 2 – Faction performance

CODEX  STRATEGIUM

Total number of participants: 77
Total number of vows: 112
Total amount of points pledged: 69,838
Average vow: 624 pts
Total amount of points completed (before penalties): 48,067
Total completion rate (before penalties): 68.8%
Total amount of points completed (after penalties): 47,319
Final score: 32,061

ETL V Forum Champion: Halandaar (4,135pts)

gallery_27176_11917_4060.jpg

The Codex Faction beat last year’s performance by more than 11k points from roughly the same amount of participants highlighting the Faction’s commitment and tenacity! Tenacity that was further underlined by the very respectable 47% re-vowing rate (points of subsequent vows over points of first vows) and a fairly high completion rate among those… I guess the below 60% completion rate among first vows was the main reason the Codex was kept back… That and mid-summer blues!

This was reflected by a consistently lower completion rate after the mid-point of the event (Week 7). Personally I put the blame on Weeks 8 and 9 that delivered only about 2,000 points between them. For a faction like the Codex with the plethora of units to choose from and the high number of participants those two Weeks were disappointing and cost them precious time. By the time they got back in business in Week 10 they were behind in Completion Rate and it was also the time where their rival factions were charging up their engines. As a result, and despite the Week 13 huge effort, they were not able to get to the top position. Now will ETL VI be the time for the Codex to shine? Only time will tell…

BLOOD ANGLES STRATEGIUM

Total number of participants: 54
Total number of vows: 100
Total amount of points pledged: 40,155
Average vow: 402 pts
Total amount of points completed (before penalties): 34,733
Total completion rate (before penalties): 86.5%
Total amount of points completed (after penalties): 34,193
Final score: 29,116

ETL V Forum Champion: evildrcheese (3,000pts)

gallery_27176_11917_22923.jpg

The Blood Angels were the most committed Faction of the ETL. Plain and simple. With an astounding completion rate of 86.5%(!) and the second-best re-vowing rate of 65%. From Week 4 they surpassed the average completion rate and they never looked back. Furthermore, the constant interaction in the Strategium, that run for 55 pages, worked wonders for the motivation of the BA team as they completed vow after vow. So congratulations are in order here. The BAs made a heroic effort and was undoubtedly a huge moral victory them.

But why didn’t it translate into an all-out victory? Well, the answer is simple: very low average vow. In fact, it was the lowest average vow of any Faction in the entire ETL history at just 402 points. This meant that even with a 100% completion rate, the Codex would require a modest 58% completion rate to beat them and the SWs a 68%. As it happened both the aforementioned Factions delivered high enough completion rates to make up the difference and to come ahead – albeit with a slim margin. I’m sure this low average vow would be a point of debate in the aftermath of the event…

Be that as it may, the BAs managed a spectacular feat, achieving the highest completion rate this year and the second highest among all factions in the entire ETL history. As a result, they beat their last year’s performance and this says a lot as last year the BAs had record participation of 83! Congratulations for an exemplary performance and one of the liveliest and fun Strategiums of ETL V! Now what will ETL VI bring?

DARK ANGELS STRATEGIUM

Total number of participants: 57
Total number of vows: 78
Total amount of points pledged: 44,398
Average vow: 569 pts
Total amount of points completed (before penalties): 27,739
Total completion rate (before penalties): 62.5%
Total amount of points completed (after penalties): 26,769
Final score: 16,140

ETL V Forum Champion: Tanyr (4,265 pts)

gallery_27176_11917_17289.jpg

The Dark Angels had their weakest performance this year. This was not due to low participation levels (they were practically the same as last year) but mainly due to a combination of low first vow completion rate (57%) and a very low re-vowing rate (just 29%). On top of that the 970 penalty points did not help much either, but in no way were they a major factor…

The Dark Angels have won the second ETL with participation levels not very dissimilar to this year (63 vs. 57) and as such we cannot attribute this performance to lack of interest. I think it’s the lack of motivation that maybe stems from fatigue after all these years being a prominent player.
Looking at the week-by-week evolution we come to realise that apart from Week 7 and to a lesser extend Week 5 the performance was really, really subdued with only a few committed participants reported in their completions. Generally speaking, the Strategium was under-utilised a just 18 pages, and this is something that probably affected morale and enthusiasm… Week 13 (the last week) produced more than half of all the DAs completions, the only Faction in this year’s ETL to have such an uneven result.

A special mention should go to the valiant Dark Angels who saw this through, carrying the honour of the Lion on their shoulders. Going forward we need to re-build the drive of our forum on the painting front and reclaim a leading position in the near future. The Lion will accept nothing less!

SPACE WOLF STRATEGIUM

Total number of participants: 51
Total number of vows: 68
Total amount of points pledged: 58,930
Average vow: 867 pts
Total amount of points completed (before penalties): 46,370
Total completion rate (before penalties): 78.7%
Total amount of points completed (after penalties): 44,452
Final score: 33,531

ETL V Forum Champion: dantay_xv (6,935pts)

gallery_27176_11917_28548.jpg

The Space Wolves surprised everyone this year with their highest ever participation levels, highest ever pledged points, highest ever completions and highest ever completion rate! And when I say the “highest ever” I don’t mean just a bit higher, I’m talking about more than double numbers here! Get this: Their completions were more than both previous ETLs put together! And in true SW tradition, their average vow was the highest in the ETL, beating Chaos and HH! Not only that, but again in true SW spirit they have 5 Heroes among their ranks, more than any other Loyalist Faction!

However, it was a bumpy road to the Third position (which they have never come close since the first ETL) with two weeks (Week 5 and Week 7) producing no completions at all. At that point I was really concerned that the initial enthusiasm would wane but boy was I wrong! From Week 11 onwards, the SWs charged forward delivering completion upon completion and of course Week 13 sealed their position in the third place with a completion rate of 79% (above the ETL average). Interestingly they also suffered the second highest penalty or 1,918 points… And still they made Third place.

I would be remiss if I was not to mention the valiant efforts of the new Forum Champion, dantay_xv to bring the Strategium together and inspire, assist and motivate his fellow SWs to achieve a very rewarding final result.

IMPERIAL FORCES STRATEGIUMS (IFOR)
GREY KNIGHTS
ADEPTA SORORITAS
ADEPTUS MECHANICUS
ASTRA MILITARUM
INQUISITION & AGENTS

Total number of participants: 44
Total number of vows: 72
Total amount of points pledged: 30,598
Average vow: 425pts
Total amount of points completed (before penalties): 16,866
Total completion rate (before penalties): 55.1%
Total amount of points completed (after penalties): 16,749
Final score: 9,1618

ETL V Forum Champion: Passeltov (2,850pts)

gallery_27176_11917_9369.jpg

The Forces of the Imperium was the Faction that suffered the most compared to last year. Admittedly last year saw a spike in terms of participation levels reaching 86 but unfortunately, this year, only 44 joined. Of course, looking back, this is in line with the Faction’s ETL III performance and way above ETL II and 4x the ETL I levels. So I guess the question is not what happened this year but what happened last year to cause such a spike. And the answer seems simple: The AdMech Codices!

The new Mechanicum Codices created a lot of momentum for the Faction last year but unfortunately it did not last. The AdMech Forum had only 8 participants this year compared to 36 last year; this is not something it could recover from. Still the quality of work that came out of the AdMech forum is top notch, highlighting the commitment of the few dedicated Mechanicum Adepts.

But it’s not all AdMech, the Imperial Guard also had fewer participants vs. last year (21 vs. 31). Further to that the relatively low first-vow completion rate (40%) had an adverse impact on the excellent performance of those who did complete and moved on to complete second and subsequent vows and did so at 100% completion rate!

The SoBs had high participation with 10 participants but again, the low first-vow completion rate had an adverse effect. Still all the second and subsequent vows were completed to 100% completion rate thus avoiding unnecessary penalties. I have to say that, every year, the SoBs effort has an aura of heroism unlike any other faction given the limited support they’re getting from GW and their all-metal miniature range! A miniature range mind you that still stands its ground in today’s tables, a testament to the quality of those original sculpts!

A special mention should go to Inquisition with the fantastic entry by Hyperion who saved the Faction’s honour with at least one completion and a fantastic retro-futuristic approach on the pre-Codex Deathwatch!

Lastly the Grey Knights with two entries also carried the honour of the Faction – despite a last minute unfortunate development.

The IFOR will be further supported next year by the newly arrived Codex Deathwatch so hopefully things will improve!

REALM OF CHAOS STRATEGIUM

Total number of participants: 81
Total number of vows: 157
Total amount of points pledged: 131,054
Average vow: 835 pts
Total amount of points completed (before penalties): 111,658
Total completion rate (before penalties): 85.2%
Total amount of points completed (after penalties): 111,658
Final score: 95,153

ETL V Forum Champions: Chaeron (15,000 pts), SlaveToDarknes (15,000)

gallery_27176_11917_22034.jpg

Chaos is the ETL Champion for the third time in a row. This is a magnificent feat especially given rise of the HH popularity and speaks volumes for the community feeling of the Chaos Faction.

Now let’s talk numbers:

With 81 participants this was the Faction’s highest participation levels of all time. And despite the high participation, the completion rate exceeded 85% - the third highest of all time among all forums and the second highest this year, beaten only by the BAs and then by only one percentage point! And this is even more meaningful when the total amount of points pledged was north of 130,000 and with an average vow of 835 points – second only to the SWs 867 points.

How was this achieved? Well apart from a small respite in Week 5 the Chaos team managed to maintain pace throughout the difficult mid-period of the event and when we hit Week 11 they took off delivering huge amounts of completions in Weeks 11,12 and of course 13! The result was a winning combination of high points in absolute terms coupled with high completion rate. This is just unbeatable.

But they did not stop there! They utilised their Strategium thread to the full, making it a 76-page behemoth and to top it all they continued with their customary by now, satellite event that added to their motivation, fun and sense of team effort! I think it’s no coincidence that the only two “Martyrs” of the event (and the first ever since the 3k limit per vow was introduced) came from this faction. Congratulations!

HORUS HERESY STRATEGIUM

Total number of participants: 108
Total number of vows: 174
Total amount of points pledged: 141,912
Average vow: 816 pts
Total amount of points completed (before penalties): 108,115
Total completion rate (before penalties): 76.2%
Total amount of points completed (after penalties): 104,362
Final score: 76,748

ETL V Forum Champion: Demonl (8,550 pts)

gallery_27176_11917_24077.jpg

The Horus Heresy Faction has gone from strength to strength over the years, as interest for the setting increased exponentially. The AoD forum is among the busiest in the B&C and enthusiasm is the order of the day.

This, inevitably, is also reflected in the ETL where the HH Faction went from non-existence in ETL I to becoming the largest team by number of participants and points pledged by ETL V. And this enthusiasm continued unabated throughout the event, with Week 5 being the weakest (as was the case for most Factions) and from Week 11 onwards they were really on fire reaching a 108k+ final unmodified result. Yet they did not win…
So what went wrong? Nothing really, it’s just that Chaos did all the above and then some. The HH team faced an even more determined and enthusiastic bunch and that showed in the end. On an unmodified basis HH was behind by a mere 3.5k points. Adjusting for penalties (HH had the biggest hit at 3.8k points) and modified by the completion rate (of “only” 73.5% - which was practically at the ETL average) the difference grew to a much more palpable 18.4k points. It makes me wonder if, in the end of the day, the enormous size of the Faction works against it…

But ETL mechanics aside, what came out of the HH Strategium was a treat for the eyes! For one thing, the Faction Champion completed not one but TWO Warlord Titans! Other Titans and other Super Heavies were also pledged, all painted to a top-notch standard. But it was not only the big units that were spectacular. Small units and infantry were just as impressive and they came in volumes! The HH Faction continued it long-standing tradition of painting excellence and they should all be rightly proud!

Section 3 – Individual Performance

The ETL is not only about faction performance. It’s about individual performance too and some amazing feats of glory have taken place this year. Now, just like last year, those you completed ALL their vows will be awarded the Custos Fidei. This badge replaces the Oath of Moment and denotes the number of completions by presenting a “Seal of Completion” for each one. So someone who has made a single vow and completed it successfully he’ll don the Custos Fidei with the single Seal of Completion. One who has made two will don the Custos Fidei with two Seals of Completion and so on. So the participants who completed 5 vows are awarded a Custos Fidei with 5 Seals of Completion!

If you don't see your name below or you see it in a wrong place do not reach for your bolter. PM me and I'll sort it out. In the mean time feel free to use the badge you deem appropriate!

All the lists are in alphabetical order

FIVE VOWS

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei05.jpg ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gif

Auberon [BA]
Augustus b'Raass [Chaos]
Boudan [BA]
Celtic_Cauldron [Chaos]
Chaeron [Chaos]
deathspectresgt7 [codex]
Dracpanzer [IFOR SoB]
Dragonlover [Chaos]
Dreadclaw [Chaos]
gaurdian31 [Chaos]
GreyRavenC [DA]
Hannibaal [BA]
MindOfMetal [HH]
Passeltov [IFOR AdMech]
Razblood [Chaos]
Slave to Darkness [Chaos]
Tankus Wokus [Chaos]
Thamier [Chaos]
Uveron [Chaos]
Zujara [HH]

FOUR VOWS

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei04.jpg ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei04.gif

airinhere [codex]
Big Bad Squig [HH]
CoffeeGrunt [IFOR GK]
Col Conrad [BA]
Der H [HH]
gianlucafiorentini123 [Chaos]
Halandaar [codex]
Iron Bars [HH]
Kierdale [Chaos]
KrautScientist [Chaos]
Kurama [HH]
Lucumon [BA]
Nicodemus Doloroso [BA]
Psykic_scribe [codex]
Race Bannon [codex]
Riot Earp [BA]
Ryld [codex]
StruManChu [HH]
Sviar [IFOR GK]

THREE VOWS

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei03.jpg ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif

Bmseifer [codex]
Brother Lemartes [BA]
Brother Sanvael [HH]
BrotherJim [Chaos]
bushman101 [BA]
civsmitty [HH]
CommissarZac [IFOR GK]
dantay_xv [SW]
Dantioch [HH]
darkSeren1ty [Chaos]
Demonl [HH]
deusmex [codex]
Elmo [DA]
heshman [HH]
Insane Psychopath [Chaos]
Kizzdougs [HH]
Ldorte [IFOR GK]
Lord Thørn [Chaos]
Lostrael [DA]
LutherMax [BA]
Mard [IFOR SoB]
mercbat [SW]
Ninjaman [HH]
Pearson73 [Chaos]
rye0006 [codex]
Scourged [Chaos]
UltraRich [IFOR GK]
undeadsoldier [Chaos]
Vykryl [SW]
Xenith [BA]

TWO VOWS

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei02.jpg ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gif

Aias [HH]
anselneo [SW]
Arkaniss [BA]
Atia [Chaos]
BadOmen [codex]
BadSanta [Chaos]
Balthamal [HH]
Beachymike123 [Chaos]
Black Cohort [HH]
BlueBelly1863 [HH]
Brightstar [HH]
Brother Arkley [DA]
Brother Callidan [SW]

Brother SP [codex]

Chaplain Gunzhard [BA]
Epher [DA]
farfromsam [DA]
Forward Assist [HH]
Gemini [SW]
gnalbel [SW]
Graymane [SW]
Greenz [DA]
GrMonkey99 [HH]
Guilloom [IFOR GK]
gunnar_w [SW]
helterskelter [HH]
Ironwrought Huw [HH]
JAG Templar [codex]
jeremy1391 [HH]
Jolemai [BA]
Lachdannan [HH]
Leif Bearclaw [SW]
lionofJudah [HH]
Lord Commander Eidolon [HH]
Madkid523 [Chaos]
march10k [IFOR GK]
Master Avoghai [DA]
Mithrilforge [HH]
NoPityNoRemorseNoFear [codex]
Obsidian Quacker [IFOR SoB]
Ovidius Incertus [HH]
P3AKHOUR [IFOR GK]
pompeyladbfp [HH]
poom [HH]
Pyroclast91 [HH]
Rangaman [HH]
Raychu [DA]
Raztalin [DA]
Red__Thirst [BA]
RedemptionNL [BA]
Sabadin [HH]
Sarevok [Chaos]
Scion of Ferrus [codex]
SlangWhanger [BA]
Slothysaur [BA]
SM1981 [BA]
Solrac [DA]
SW1 [SW]
Tanyr [DA]
Teetengee [Chaos]
The God-Potato of Mankind [HH]
The_Chaplain [codex]
The_Mad_Hatter [SW]
The4thHorseman [BA]
Thousand Eyes [Chaos]
Threefiddy [BA]
totgeboren [Chaos]
TrashyObergine [HH]
Tygwyn [DA]
Tykris [BA]
varchilde [IFOR GK]
Vesper [Chaos]
Vogon [HH]
Wulfgar76 [SW]

ONE VOW

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpg ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gif

1000 sons [Chaos]
40kChris [Chaos]
Ace Debonair [codex]
Aeternas [HH]
Akylas [Chaos]
AlanofAngels [Chaos]
Antarius [codex]
appiah5 [BA]
Archidamus [HH]
Ashmantle [codex]
Audemus [HH]
Bob1142 [HH]
Brother Carn [HH]
Brother Casman [codex]
Brother Chaplain Kage [HH]
Brother Christopher [codex]
Brother Crazywolf [SW]
Brother Dallo [HH]
Brother Haim [DA]
Brother Handro [HH]
Brother Kortmer [Chaos]
Brother Phidias [HH]
Brother Syddraf [DA]
Brother_Angelus [BA]
Bukimimaru [BA]
Bulweih [SW]
Cadmus Tyro [HH]
Caillum [HH]
Canadian_F_H [codex]
Captain Semper [DA]
CaptainCain24thFoot [IFOR GK]
CaptainHelion [BA]
CardinalVirtue [DA]
Carlson793 [IFOR AdMech]
Carrack [Chaos]
Castellan Cato [Chaos]
ChapelXIII [BA]
Chaz Lexington [Chaos]
Chmur [DA]
Clank [HH]
codyrstuart [SW]
Cognitive [codex]
Cordova [codex]
Dahkness00 [Chaos]
daismith906 [IFOR AdMech]
DarkRaven89 [DA]
DarkVen [Chaos]
DimDim [HH]
Disruptor_fe404 [codex]
Dosjetka [codex]
Dro'Lamarr [codex]
DuskRaider [HH]
Elzender [HH]
Empurata [codex]
evildrcheese [BA]
Fangbanger [HH]
Father Mapple [BA]
Feirros [codex]
Filkarion [Chaos]
FinylCut [DA]
Flint 13 [HH]
FortesMastery [codex]
Gaius Atticus [codex]
gav1892 [BA]
Gnenthaal [SW]
Grand Magnus [codex]
Grand Master Belial [DA]
Grazcruzk [BA]
GuiltySparc [HH]
Hacked Duck [IFOR AdMech]
hammer grimblood [SW]
Harrycane [DA]
Hjarl [DA]
HLVW [IFOR GK]
Hyperion [IFOR INQ]
Iduddy [BA]
Ion [HH]
Isengrin [Chaos]
Jack of the Pelt [DA]
JeffJedi [DA]
jimbo13 [HH]
JJD [DA]
JMunnny [BA]
Jud Cottrell [HH]
Kilofix [Chaos]
KiwiBen [IFOR SoB]
Konnavaer [SW]
Kr80gZ [DA]
Kraigallach [HH]
krakenfiend [codex]
Kythnos [Chaos]
LameBeard [HH]
Lasuria [BA]
Leonite [Chaos]
Leviathus [BA]
Lostiris [BA]
lovesmuffins [SW]
mactire [SW]
marine7312000 [BA]
Marshal Mattias [codex]
Marshal von Spee [codex]
Midnight Runner [Chaos]
Mightykin [BA]
Mike Zulu [codex]
Millicant [HH]
MJ [SW]
Morovir [Chaos]
mozley [BA]
MrFlutterPie [BA]
MyDaemonCallista [Chaos]
Mystic Templar [HH]
mytimeprez [codex]
Nemac Vradon [Chaos]
NiceGuyAdi [codex]
Nismogrendel [IFOR GK]
noigrim [HH]
NovemberIX [codex]
Nusquam [codex]
oldschoolsoviet [codex]
OnyxGuard [SW]
our_baz [IFOR GK]
paulJam [codex]
Pigshead [DA]
Radoslav [DA]
Rand Winters [SW]
Rashbold [codex]
Reinhard [codex]
rgr_maddog [SW]
RikuEru [SW]
Robzilla [HH]
Sanguine Rose [DA]
Sgt. Blank [Chaos]
ShVagYeR [codex]
sockwithaticket [BA]
spagunk [BA]
Stobz [DA]
Stricken [HH]
Stuka06 [DA]
Sturm Moonwolf [SW]
Svenghali [SW]
tdemayo [codex]
Tenshi [DA]
ThatOneMarshal [HH]
The Observer [HH]
The Prince [HH]
The Traitor [HH]
TheOneTrueZon [codex]
TheRatfink [SW]
Thoridon [BA]
TimmiABC [IFOR GK]
Toxichobbit [codex]
tremblant [Chaos]
tvih [IFOR SoB]
Uprising [Chaos]
Vampyrerodent [IFOR GK]
Vel'Cona [codex]
WarriorFish [IFOR GK]
Warsmith Gorrched [Chaos]
Wolf Guard Dan [SW]
Wolf Lord Kieran [SW]
Wolf_Pack [HH]
Worsey [DA]
xmercx [BA]
Yoyo ninja [SW]

For those who did not complete ALL their vows it’s the Badge of Oath Breaker:

ETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

200plus [HH]
Aasfresser [Chaos]
Adra'Melek [Chaos]
alakinsky [SW]
Alkaline [HH]
Alys Dwr [DA]
Ancient Helveticus [HH]
Apostle of the 30th Host [HH]
Aquilanus [IFOR SoB]
Arbiter7 [codex]
Astraeus [codex]
B E N [Chaos]
Barabbas Sogalon [HH]
BattleBrother John [HH]
Beardbattered [IFOR AdMech]
Blackheart1223 [Chaos]
Bladewolf [SW]
Bob Hunk [HH]
Brother Mayhem [Chaos]
Brother_Bethor [DA]
Burias-Darl'shal [SW]
Cactus [IFOR INQ]
Capitano [HH]
Capt Carl [codex]
Captain Ventris [HH]
captainblow [HH]
Cassian the Confessor [DA]
Ceb87 [codex]
Ch@oZ [SW]
Chaplain Lucifer [DA]
Charlo [BA]
Chrysaor, the Giant [codex]
Col.Hertford [HH]
Commander Hachard [HH]
Corton [codex]
cracklingvoice [IFOR GK]
Cypher 102 [DA]
Daemonifugue [IFOR GK]
Dark Rage [DA]
Dark_Master [DA]
Deadman Wade [HH]
DominikB [Chaos]
Dont-Be-Haten [BA]
Dread [IFOR AdMech]
Dusktiger [codex]
Elohimalpha [codex]
Emicus [codex]
Excessus [Chaos]
Excubitor [codex]
Ezeriel [HH]
FearPeteySodes [SW]
Finnish Hammer [HH]
Firepower [codex]
FirstSonofHorus [HH]
Forte [Chaos]
frostbite [DA]
Furyou Miko [IFOR SoB]
Fytharin [SW]
Galthan Ironsturm [DA]
Games-Unplugged [codex]
Gk_fury [SW]
gmarks [DA]
greatcrusade08 [codex]
greg0985 [Chaos]
Grotsmasha [DA]
Helias Tancred [BA]
Hellrender [Chaos]
Hoots [codex]
Iron Skull Mask [Chaos]
Isinfier [HH]
jbaeza94 [DA]
Jbickb [SW]
Jerichus [HH]
jifel [Chaos]
jikof [BA]
Kaldoth [Chaos]
Kassil [SW]
KBA [HH]
Kobrakei [DA]
Kriegsmacht [DA]
Large and Moving Torb [Chaos]
Larkyn [codex]
Leonaides [BA]
lfhoule [Chaos]
Liberame [DA]
librisrouge [IFOR GK]
Logiter [codex]
LokisSword [DA]
Luna707 [HH]
Luther - the fallen [Chaos]
Mad Greek [BA]
MadDoc [DA]
Madwolf Shadowmane [SW]
MakoBoy88 [HH]
MaliGn [Chaos]
Malisteen [Chaos]
Malus Trux [IFOR AdMech]
Mandaloriano [BA]
Markham82 [codex]
Marshal Roujakis [codex]
Mastermind_015 [Chaos]
MaveriK [SW]
moric [SW]
Moritan [BA]
Mossada [DA]
Murdicus [DA]
Myxx [IFOR INQ]
Namine [IFOR SoB]
Nanaki [SW]
Nevindar [HH]
Nikhil83 [IFOR GK]
Olis [HH]
paz [Chaos]
plasmaspam [DA]
Polemarch Julius [HH]
QuarterPounder5 [codex]
Radu Lykan [IFOR GK]
Raeho  [codex]
Ramell [HH]
Rayray [SW]
Reayonix [Chaos]
Rednekkboss [codex]
Reyner [HH]
Rift Blade [SW]
Rune_Priest_Rhapsody [SW]
Runefyre [SW]
Sabuulia [DA]
SalvationOfReason [HH]
SCOTT_FRANCIS [IFOR GK]
Scrub Eraser [HH]
Semper Fortis [HH]
Seneschal of the Seventh [HH]
Servant of Dante [IFOR SoB]
Shadowsong7007 [codex]
Shrieker [HH]
Sir Ovbov [BA]
Sith'ari [Chaos]
Slipstreams [HH]
Slyen [codex]
SnakeChisler [DA]
Spaced Hulk [DA]
steellegionnaire85 [IFOR GK]
steve shields [Chaos]
T-Rock [codex]
Tallarn Commander [Chaos]
Tekman [codex]
Telhdrat [HH]
Tempes [SW]
Teutonicavenger [Chaos]
The Call of the Hunt [HH]
The Hydra [HH]
The Psycho [Chaos]
The Yak [codex]
The-Warhawk [codex]
Thedarkprincesnun [Chaos]
TheUnseen [BA]
Trask [codex]
Triszin [SW]
Ultrad81 [codex]
Vanerk [IFOR AdMech]
Vazzy [HH]
Venomlust [Chaos]
Warsmith Aznable [IFOR SoB]
WhoHitJohn [HH]
WITCHKING501 [HH]

Edited by Captain Semper, 11 September 2016 - 06:19 PM.

• Chaeron, Grand Master Belial, Gaius Atticus and 18 others like this

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 13,666 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

POPULAR

Section 4 – The banners of excellence

The Realm of Chaos is the Primus Inter Pares a third year running! This is a hat trick and a record almost impossible to beat! 

So here's the Primus Inter Pares

ETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp ETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gif

Furthermore, like last year, the Champions of each faction (i.e. the ones that made the most points) will be awarded the Badge of the Champion:

Codex:  Halandaar

ETL_2016_Badge_04_Forum_Champion_AoD.jpg

Blood Angels: evildrcheese

ETL_2016_Badge_02_Forum_Champion_BA.jpg

Dark Angels: Tanyr

ETL_2016_Badge_01_Forum_Champion_DA.jpg

Space Wolves: dantay_xv

ETL_2016_Badge_03_Forum_Champion_SW.jpg

Forces of the Imperium: Passeltov

ETL_2016_Badge_06_Forum_Champion_IMP.jpg

Realm of Chaos: Chaeron, SlaveToDarkness

ETL_2016_Badge_07_Forum_Champion_Chaos.j

Horus Heresy: Demonl

ETL_2016_Badge_05_Forum_Champion_HH.jpg

Now moving on to the other badges of excellence:

The Badge of the Hero: This goes to all who have successfully completed all of their vows and at least one vow worth the maximum of 3,000pts.

ETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpg

The eligible participants are:

Augustus b'Raass
dantay_xv
Demonl
Dreadclaw
evildrcheese
Filkarion
Kraigallach
Kurama
NovemberIX
RikuEru
Sturm Moonwolf
SW1
Tanyr
undeadsoldier
Wolf Lord Kieran
Wolf_Pack
Zujara

The Badge of the Martyr is awarded to any participant completing the maximum possible of 15,000 points (5 vows x 3,000pts/vow)

ETL_2016_Badge_09_Badge_of_the_Martyr.jp

The eligible participants are:

Chaeron

SlavetoDarkness 

The Badge of the Artificer: This is one of the most difficult awards as it is purely subjective and ultimately unfair...

But here goes:

ETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificer

UltraRich:

Hidden Content

Brother Chaplain Kage:

Hidden Content

Uprising:

Hidden Content

Atia:

Hidden Content

Mithilforge:

Hidden Content

I would also like make some honorary mentions based on innovative or outright crazy ideas:

demonl for painting up not one but two Warlord Titans! And he didn’t stop there. He went on to paint a Knight and infantry too.

Hidden Content

WarriorFish for his Knight with LED eyes!

Hidden Content

Hyperion for putting together the past and the future with his retro Field Police "counts as" the newest kids in the block: the Deathwatch! (and the helmet stripes)

Hidden Content

TheOneTrueZon. Look at those dozer blades! (and the tartan lining)

Hidden Content

The ETL Collegia Titanicus: This is a new ETL Badge of excellence to reward those committed enough to complete at least one Titan during the ETL. The ETL Collegia Titanicus will be expanded further to award badges depending on the type of Titan each participant completed and will create specific badges for previous years as well... In the mean time, all those who completed a Titan this year but also in the past, feel free to wear it. 

If your name is not in the list below/ please send me a link of your ETL post with the completed Titan in it and I will happily add it below. Furthermore, we will try to produce Collegia Titanicus badges corresponding to each specific ETL and with the specific Titan type. Until then please use the badge below.

ETL_2016_Badge_11_Collegia_Titanicus.jpg

demonl [HH]

You can see the image above in the honorary mentions (running out of images allowed per post) 

Ninjaman [HH]

undeadsoldier [Chaos]

Warsmith Gorrched [Chaos]

And if I have missed any, let me know an I'll add it to the list.

Section 5 – Captain Semper's closing notes

Well, ETL V – The Shadow Guard Edition is over. Half a decade of ETL and it still goes strong! With 470 participants and the most points completed ever, I can say this was arguably the most successful ETL of all. As usually, the conduct of the frater during the event was exemplary and in line with the best traditions of the B&C.

Some interesting things happened this year that may need further analysis. First it was the sharp decline in participation levels in the Blood Angels and the IFOR Factions. Or to be more precise the return to their more normal levels after a spike in ETL IV. In the case of IFOR it can be mainly (but not exclusively) explained by the hype created by the Mechanicum Codices last year. Unfortunately this hype did not create a deep routed following within the B&C community, with the natural result of a sharp depression in participation levels. The Blood Angels experienced a huge surge last year for no systemic reason other than the fraters’ enthusiasm and the sense that the BAs should be leading in a painting event such as the ETL. This attitude continued this year resulting in a very impressive performance as analysed in the relevant section above. Be that as it may, the Blood Angels managed to beat the ETL III participation levels and completions so one may argue that ETL IV although not repeatable (or is it?) it certainly transformed the Faction’s ETL profile. IFOR on the other hand, seem to have lost its direction this year, but next year it will be bolstered with the Deathwatch. Maybe it’s time for a single IFOR Strategium? Hmmm…

On the other end of the spectrum, this year the Space Wolves (not least because of the new forum’s Champion’s efforts) came together in what was a show of force that ticked all the boxes in SWs ETL characteristics. Slow start – explosive end, large average vow (in fact the largest of ETL) and loads of Heroes to boot. And on top of that their participation rose to an unprecedented 51 – putting them for the first time at par with the BAs, DAs and even the Codex. And the rest, as they say, is history.  

Now my beloved DAs…. The valiant efforts of those who completed their vows shined through as a beacon of hope but for a Faction that has become Primus Inter Pares this was a very lukewarm performance. I sure hope that the DAs will get back to full strength again next year and will be challenging the top position again.

What I need to think about now is the future of the event.

One thing that will definitely go is the Badge of the Artificer. It is a torment for me to sit down and choose among like a thousand outstanding entries, with no set criteria and ultimately with no qualifications. It’s not that I’m a painting guru, nor have I any Golden Demon credentials. Besides the ETL is not about painting excellence, it’s about commitment and motivation. Still there might be a substitute, but it’s early days yetl…

Another issue to address is balance. The ETL was never supposed to be this super balanced event to begin with especially as the interest of the frater is not proportionally divided among the ETL Factions. It was supposed to be more like light-hearted fun with a competitive edge. Over the years a number of rules were introduced such as the points’ limit and completion rate adjustment to keep things a bit more balanced without losing sight of the core ideas of the ETL. Still there seem to be further room to improve.

HH in particular is extremely popular and it increasingly feels like an entire setting vs. individual 40k Codices rather than the Codex vs. Codex that was the initial inspiration of the event. At the other end of the spectrum, participation levels in the IFOR are materially lower and it comprises many diverse Codices and (perhaps more importantly) Strategiums. There are other things as well, and all will be considered, taking into account not only balance but also the ETL mechanics and practical application... One thing is for sure, ETL VI will see some important differences!

Before I close I'd like to thank yet again the Admins (Kurgan and Brother Tyler) for allowing the ETL to run for a fifth year in a row! I would also like to thank the Supreme Grand Master of the Inner Circle The Shadow Guard for giving so much of his time to shape the imagery of the ETL! This fifth ETL is dedicated to him as a token of appreciation and gratitude!

I would also like to thank all the Frater and Mods who put an extra effort to create an environment of friendly rivalry - too many to list individually and missing one would be too unfair! These are the frater that rose to the challenge to lead the ETL effort in their respective forums and with wondrous results!

Looking ahead, there are the usual events like the Call of Chaos and the Loyalty and Treachery and who knows what else... And of course a refreshed ETL VI will be again with us next May!

So until next year, farewell!

Captain Semper
Member of the Inner Circle
Master of Recruits

Edited by Captain Semper, 11 September 2016 - 06:30 PM.

• Grand Master Belial, Jonny Roxtar, Brother Chaplain Ryld and 47 others like this

Ὀσυμανδύας

Ὀσυμανδύας

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,755 posts

Thank you for all of your diligence and hard work, Captain Semper.

[edit: Oh, and great job Chaos! May you reap the rewards you so truly deserve... ]

Edited by Rashbold, 22 August 2016 - 04:23 AM.

• Captain Semper likes this

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,009 posts
Congrats to Chaos! Hard fought victory :)

Thank you Captain for the event, and my apologies for letting down my forum.
gallery_48988_6285_60.jpggallery_48988_6285_269.jpgYbopIX9.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pngETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

AlanofAngels

AlanofAngels

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Awesome work Captain Semper! And awesome work fellow traitorous scum! wub.png

Night Lords (Current)

Pre-Heresy Alpha Legion

gallery_47732_9950_12581.jpgETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp friday-award.png  gallery_29004_9303_6178.png Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pngNight%20Lord-01_zpsxbdvmpou.png

"If every time the populace gazes toward the night sky and thinks of us, that is the purest victory of all. Fear. And it lasts forever."

-Raptor Captain Delantyr Orion, Night Lords XCl 'Tenebrous Winter' Company

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,434 posts

VICTORY!!!!!!!

Also, it might be a while, but I will eventually do model counts for this year.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpgR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx8we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,341 posts

Congratulations to my brothers of the Realms of Chaos faction for once again emerging victorious in this year's E Tenebrae Lux. Congratulations to those of the Horus Heresy for incredible work in the event, I'll be joining you all next year. And congratulations for everyone else who participated in the event. I didn't follow any of the other strategiums or the work that went on in them, but I'm sure everything was awesome. :tu:

As for me, I will bear my badge of the Oathbreaker with dignity. I was the first to vow in my forum (possibly one of the first to vow in the entire event) and I was really hyped at the start of the event. By failing my vow, I have dishonored myself and my faction, and I shall bear the Oathbreaker's sigil until I consider myself atoned for my failure.

tn_gallery_78067_11287_22792.pngtn_gallery_78067_11287_15234.png

Open Ye Heavenly Gates

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

paulJam

paulJam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 917 posts

Great write up Captain. Many thanks for another enjoyable and productive event.

GreyRavenC

GreyRavenC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,707 posts
  • Faction: Consecrators

Great event Captain Semper. It was enjoyable and my pile of plastics thanks you. laugh.png

Congrats Chaos! It's an impressive victory.

And congrats to the Wolves for beating their rivals. 

gallery_92826_13373_1665.jpggallery_92826_13373_2084.jpggallery_92826_13373_141.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gifgallery_69091_12729_1587.gifETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_05_.jpg

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

Top effort everyone, and a heartfelt thank you to the good Captain for making sense of the madness!

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 11,368 posts
  • Faction: Legio Invigilata
Thank you, Semper, and congrats to Chaos. :tu:

+ Oathbreaker +

- Emissarius Ignis -

A Legio Invigilata project (Adeptus Titanicus)

"Suffer not the Heretic to live."

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,974 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

Thanks Captain, and congratulations Chaos :tu:

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

thamier

thamier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,499 posts
  • Faction: Balefire Legion

I know everyone said it repeatedly but again Thank you so much for all the hard work you done for the ETL and us Captain Semper.

And a Big congratulations to the Chaos Team!

"When we reap their flesh our enemies weakens, when we feed on their soulsour resolve strengthen, but our hunger is never sated and our enemies shall know no peace."My W.I.P Chaos Space Marine thread : Balefire Legion

8FD7ACE1-1E89-4D18-9F78-F73837465D2B.pngE34AE41F-3A16-4ACB-93FD-A00C82F503D5.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gif5A824685-D153-44B5-8405-3C0CAA6F4B60.png30C434FF-294A-42DB-840E-24EC0844FCAA.jpg6616117F-FAAF-4152-8F30-7C11C0435972.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_8822.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_4603.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_257.pngETL_Medal_03.gif

You are also welcome to check out my new youtube channel at:

https://www.youtube....7WYgmAQAkiYAIPQ

MyDaemonCallista

MyDaemonCallista

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
  • Faction: The Tears of Tizca
Well done everyone, especially Chaos (woo hoo!). Thanks Captain Semper for another enjoyable ETL experience!
image_zpsvqkwaagq.jpegETL_2015_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificersml_gallery_29004_10691_1975_zpsldmlroqxsml_gallery_29004_10691_328_zpsmonfrhcr.gallery_29004_6198_8099_zps6iajwkut.pnggallery_29004_6198_1186_zps2ckg61it.png

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,487 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII
Thank you again, Caotain Semper, for again running the best and biggest painting event in the world.

Also, congratsulations are in order to everyone who completed their vows, contributed to the fantastic spirit of respectful and friendly rivalry, and especially to the Space Wolves who came in third! I hadn't expected that, and I think it is great. In addition: kudo's to the Blood Angels for their fantastic spirit and commitment - a shame not more frater joined your ranks, otherwise you would have surely topped the ETL. Also thanks to the Horus Heresy for giving Chaos the drive to push just a little further this year, and to Codex for the last minute scare!

Congrats to all and see you all in a later event!!

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,463 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

untitled.png

Thank you so much Captain Semper for a fun event.

And a big thank you to all the Wolves participants for making this a great year for our forum

Congratulations to Chaos for another outstanding win

and to all the forums for making this a big fun event

We came into this with around 50% of new starts and my experience from my first ETL was that I felt woefully underprepared. So this year, we as Wolves decided to remedy that issue.

We did our best to try and make the Claws welcome and to help prepare them for what was ahead. We also realised that we had a number of veterans who may have been in a similar situation to the Claws, so it was important to ket them know that they are jusst as important too.

We also tried to inject some team work along with the fun element which is part & parcel of the ETL.

It was not down to one person, but it was a team effort and there were quite a few working behind the scenes to ensure things went smoother than previous years.

We often rely so much on our mods, often without realising it. and it is a big ask for us to expect them to hold each forum together in the ETL and run the forums etc. They are here to enjoy themselves too.

A forum does not win because of one individual. A forum wins when it pulls together as one.

So as a challenge for next year, use the Wolves as an example. Volunteer to help out, work alongside your mods, you see something which you think is not right or needs improving, do not leave it to the mods. Step up and with mod permission, help out.

Put a team together who can act as a support network and nurture your Blood Claws.

But most of all:

Team....jpg

Finally the Wolves can say:

6f69b07ebfeb5e5ca2d42a7b8f98592f.jpg

Edited by dantay_xv, 22 August 2016 - 07:13 AM.

• Captain Semper and Machine God like this
ETL 1v2

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,758 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion
Thankyou Captain Semper for another awesome event and thankyou to my fellow Frater across the board for being awesome people!

Remember as well: if the ETL got you to put paint on a model, then regardless of Faction you're winning at life!

Dragonlover
  • Ὀσυμανδύας and Captain Semper like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: E Tenebrae Lux V, ETL V, ETL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users