=][= E Tenebrae Lux V =][=

+++FIRST WEEKLY UPDATE+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

ETL V appears to be an unprecedented success this year! Indeed, by the end of Week 1 we had 309 participants signed-up across all Factions! Can this be even more successful than ETL IV? Time will tell…

And I’m mentioning ETL IV as it was the definitive ETL in terms of rules design. We were fortunate enough that our Hobby did not dramatically change over the last year – but it was enriched with more hobby material and minis, all of which fit easily in the pre-existing rule set. The stability in the hobby also meant that (fortunately) the B&C structure remained broadly the same, which in turn means that there is no shake up in the ETL Factions.

I guess the biggest change in the Hobby was the stand-alone boxed games that followed the “Execution Force” last year with the pinnacle being the “Betrayal at Calth” followed by the fantastically valued Renegade! So reasonably priced generic Marines and cheaper Knights hit the shelves, something that undoubtedly helps ETL as the range of factions that can use them is just too broad. The various Campaing expansion also helped (the new RG Captain and the Wulfen miniatures come to mind). So stable environment and a familiar and tested ruleset makes for the basis of a great event!

Before I move on to the stats of this first week there is something that I really need to get out there: One participant, namely @Demonl has pledged a WARLORD TITAN! So I encourage all to support and cheer Demonl irrespective of faction, as having such a majestic model done during the ETL is journey like no other!

Obviously doing any Titan during the ETL is a major achievement so the Inner Circle plans to create the Titan Order of the ETL (an appropriate name will be announced in a future update) with appropriate badges that can be worn by all who have made a Titan during any ETL ever!

SO ALL WHO ARE DOING TITANS THIS YEAR AND ALL WHO HAVE SUCCESFULLY COMPLETED TITANS IN PAST ETLs PLEASE MAKE YOURSELVES KNOWN BY POSTING BELOW!

And at last, on to the weekly stats:

E TENEBRAE LUX V – Week 1
FactionParticipantsVows Points pledged Completions RateCodex 48 48 35,225 734 1.4% Blood Angels 32 34 17,277 818 4.7% Dark Angels 38 39 26,575 275 1.0% Space Wolves 43 43 34,380 0 0.0% Forces of the Imperium 25 25 14,069 81 0.6% Realm of Chaos 50 50 52,018 170 0.3% Horus Heresy 73 74 75,995 2,919 3.8% TOTAL 309 313 255,539 4,753 1.9%

And let’s see each Faction one by one:

CODEX

The Codex faction appears reinvigorated this year with a lot of momentum building up. Is it the Angels of Death supplement? Is it the Death form the Skies? Or have we reached the point where enough is enough? Whatever it is, the amount of support this faction is getting is refreshing and certainly makes for a good candidate for the top position. HOWEVER, their average vow, although not small compared to previous ETLs, it remains lower than Chaos and lower than the ETL average. Not by much mind you, this is easily fixed with a few bigger-than-average vows and consistent re-vowing. It’s too early to talk about completion rates yet, but ultimately the completion rate of first vows will be the key.

BLOOD ANGELS
The Blood Angels seem to have a lot of commitment and momentum but unless their recruitment drive is not accelerated they’d be in a significant disadvantage. Last year, in the first week, they had 40 participants already which does not compare favorably with the 32 for this year… Another thing that causes concern is the low average vow. This is the lowest in the ETL and is something that historically plagues the Blood Angels. It seems that no matter how many participants they have, the Blood Angels just don’t vow big! Now there are exceptions of course, but at just north of 500pts the average vow seems to be by far the weakest point at this stage. On the positive side, the BAs have the highest completion rate at this point, and this is encouraging as it will allow for early re-vowing thus increasing the multiplier effect. So keep on recruiting, and hopefully new blood (pun intended) will bring in more points per vow!

DARK ANGELS
Participation levels are not the worst at 38, but they are not the best either. Far from it! So the focus here is to get more brothers on board while at the same time driving the average vow higher – as it is currently materially lower than the ETL average… And if we lose to the Wolves… I don’t think it’ll come to that though, as the recruitment seems to be gaining momentum and hopefully we’ll reach a point by next week where even the top position will be within our sights!

SPACE WOLVES
Well the Wolves are also reinvigorated this year – not least due to the efforts of the notorious Wolf Lord Dantay! The participation levels at the end of the first week, is higher than the total participation they had last year! And not by a little amount either. And true to their ETL legacy, their average vow is effectively the average vow of the event so far – without having the crazy large vows we’ve seen in the HH and Chaos forums. Here’s where continuous recruitment will make a difference. At 43 the Space wolves are behind the Codex, Chaos and of course HH. So keep pushing on the recruitment effort, worry about the points later- at 800pts of average vow you will not be missing any trains…

IMPERIAL FORCES
After a spectacular performance last year, this year the IFOR seems to have lost a lot of momentum. OK, last year there was the release of the the Mechanicum Codices and the amazing new range of miniatures that created a hype so it was natural to have a spike. But it appears the interest has dropped significantly as only 25 participants across all IFOR factions have signed up so far. The average vow is pretty low too so the second Week will be crucial to try to rectify that! I have to point out here that the Sisters are doing an excellent job, with 8 vows so far – so yeah, Go Sisters!

REALM OF CHAOS
Two times Champions going for the hat trick this year! With 50 participants (the second highest in the ETL although pretty close to the Codex and not that far ahead from the SWs) and the highest average vow of the event they seem to be on track to threaten the top. Yes they have significantly lower level of participation vs. the HH but we’ve seen this before, haven’t we? It takes tenacity and consistency to keep pave for the 13 weeks of the event and not to lose steam. In the past you’ve shown you can do it. Is it still the case? We’ll have to see!

HORUS HERESY
Now here we have drama. Just like last year the Horus Heresy faction at 73 participants, is way ahead in participation levels vs. all other factions – even beating their own Week 1 record of last year! They have a huge average vow – only a single Space Marine worth below the Chaos Faction and the completion rate of 3.8% translates to a sizeable amount of 2,919 pts. But we’ve seen this before… And with dramatic results. You see, HH is hugely enthusiastic but the ETL is a 13 Week marathon – not a one-month sprint! So the big question is, can you keep the pace? Can you utilize your immense resources and achieve victory? It will not be easy (as last year proved) but you certainly look like the favorites this year!

AS A LAST POINT I’D LIKE TO HIGHLIGHT TWO THINGS:
1. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SUBMITTED “BEFORE” PICS, WHEN YOU DO TAKE THEM, PLEASE EDIT THEM IN YOUR ORIGINAL VOW POST!
2. PLEASE ALL OF YOU CHECK THE SECOND POST OF YOUR STRATEGIUM TO MAKE SURE YOUR VOW IS CORRECTLY DEPICTED AND LINKED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES.

So until next week, keep the new recruits coming!!! biggrin.png

Come on everyone remember stay motivated and think proactively, every spare minute can be used constructively and ensure you encourage everyone as best you can! I expect amazing things from all the factions so as the good Captain says be sure to check out your competitors

Go AoD! We're leading the field (again) by a sizeable margin (again)... and probably will for the majority of the ETL. We just have to focus better this year. ^_^

FOR THE GLORY OF CHAOOOOOOOS! 

Any Chaos Lord worth his salt should have vowed in the Chaos Strategium by now. If you haven't you can still redeem yourself in the eyes of the Gods. 

;)

unfair augustus this chaos lord has a week of exams to finish first, then ill come win the ETL for chaos

Just a heads up folks, if you are not part of the Sisters, HH, or Chaos forums, I still don't know the unit types of all of you models, which means I am going to have difficulty doing your model tracking this year, which is something I am apparently still crazy enough to do. I think I will put an update on that the first week after the end of the entrance season (or maybe before hand if people can get me lists.).

Also, CHAOS LORDS, THE GODS WANT MOAR!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update, Semper :)

Though this is my first year participating, I've always been impressed by your updates and statistics throughout the challenge. Also,I have vowed a Reaver Titan this year. The Titan Order has me even more juiced to continue slapping my Titan silly with paint :)

Glad to hear it! 

The Inner Circle is hard at work to make this a grand thing to serve both as recognition to those who commit to that level and also as motivation to people who want a little push to commit! 

We'll keep you posted! :)

thanks for the update captain semper, you're rocking it again this year!

Of the combined 164 vows and 113,457 points of Astartes the majority (by an admittedly short margin) are those who follow the Emperor's calling in its primary form.

Yes brothers, that is how much clout we would have if we but stood together.

More than enough to crush these heretics and the persistant shades of battles past.

Are we again doomed through this fracture? Ah, but we must battle onward...

Of the combined 164 vows and 113,457 points of Astartes the majority (by an admittedly short margin) are those who follow the Emperor's calling in its primary form.

Yes brothers, that is how much clout we would have if we but stood together.

Why would they stand together? What do vampires, trans-dressers, doggies, and smurfs have in common?

Why would they stand together? What do vampires, trans-dressers, doggies, and smurfs have in common?

because the alien, the mutant, and the heretic would destroy them all with equal enjoyment, and divided they are weaker.

Well, we are facing the Week 2 Blues... Following a frantic recruitment phase in the first week reaching an unprecedented 309 participants, things seem (like every year) to quiet down. But know this: the ETL is won or lost in the "quiet" periods. Really. The first test is the recruitment during Week 2 and Week three (things usually pick up in Week 4 as the deadline for new entrants looms) and then in July which is the month after the initial enthusiasm but still too far away from the end of the event for the alarm bells to ring! 

So what's going to be? This second week might be the most important in the entire event! 

I will be plodding away stoically to complete my first vow.

I have ideas for my second but I have a lot of family commitments coming up over summer so I want to be sure I will be able to complete things before I submit it.

Cheers

Vogon.

A mutual hatred of the Alpha Legion, the biggest cross dressers of them all?

Are you suggesting you have finally seen the light? That the Imperial Truth is a lie? That the servants of the cabal need to be extinguished? That you accept your destiny and ally yourself with those Legions who have before thrown off the shackles of the Imposter Emperor? 

Hidden Content

star-wars-emperor-good-good.jpg

Archived