=][= E Tenebrae Lux V =][=

Question for Captain Semper: I just bought the Renegade box over the weekend to bring my Knight House up to three members, currently none completed. The largest kit of the kind I've built and completely painted is a Riptide (done Baneblades, but they aren't really as complex as walker kits are), so I'm nervous about vowing all three. So, to get to the point, I'm going to try and get them all primed and ready, and then I'm going to undercoat all three with my airbrush this weekend. If I only vow one to be sure I can get it done during the ETL time constraints, is that too much work on the other two if I were to have time to vow them later?

That is a question only you yourself can answer. There are those, like JeffTibbetts, who take a year to complete a single Knight Titan, while others do four (4!) in one vow, next to four other vows in a single ETL. So it all depends on your own painting speed and quality requirements. 

If i'm not mistaken the question is more along the lines of "why can't i start on a second vow before i finish the first?" based on this rule...

"IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU MUST START WORK ON YOUR VOW AFTER YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY SUBMITTED IT. That means that vows should be unpainted or primed or in very early stages of painting at the moment of vow submission."

i understand the "can't submit a second vow before finishing the first" if only for administration/points tracking reasons, and i understand "don't start before ETL starts" because having a time restraint for the event makes sense.

however having to complete vows in a serial manner when some of us work on several projects in parallel is silly. Especially given the three month (?) event time frame when other projects may pop up unexpectedly and priorities shift.

my 5 cents.

Question for Captain Semper: I just bought the Renegade box over the weekend to bring my Knight House up to three members, currently none completed. The largest kit of the kind I've built and completely painted is a Riptide (done Baneblades, but they aren't really as complex as walker kits are), so I'm nervous about vowing all three. So, to get to the point, I'm going to try and get them all primed and ready, and then I'm going to undercoat all three with my airbrush this weekend. If I only vow one to be sure I can get it done during the ETL time constraints, is that too much work on the other two if I were to have time to vow them later?

Three Knights painted to the best of ones ability is a lot of work any way you look at it. Of course you are the only one to judge how you manage your time but generally speaking breaking them down to one Knight at the time will give you more visibility on how things are going without overcommiting. So by all means build and undercoat all three before you make a vow, then, if you're nervous about vowing all three, vow one and see where it gets you. You may finish early enough and feel confident you can complete the other two by the end of the event or choose to do just another one. Or you may stop to just one if it takes you more time than you thought it might. I totally agree with the stance that you should start with just the one to gauge how demanding it is on your time. Oh, and always allow a time buffer for real life events that may or may not interfere...

That is a question only you yourself can answer. There are those, like JeffTibbetts, who take a year to complete a single Knight Titan, while others do four (4!) in one vow, next to four other vows in a single ETL. So it all depends on your own painting speed and quality requirements.

If i'm not mistaken the question is more along the lines of "why can't i start on a second vow before i finish the first?" based on this rule...

"IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU MUST START WORK ON YOUR VOW AFTER YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY SUBMITTED IT. That means that vows should be unpainted or primed or in very early stages of painting at the moment of vow submission."

i understand the "can't submit a second vow before finishing the first" if only for administration/points tracking reasons, and i understand "don't start before ETL starts" because having a time restraint for the event makes sense.

however having to complete vows in a serial manner when some of us work on several projects in parallel is silly. Especially given the three month (?) event time frame when other projects may pop up unexpectedly and priorities shift.

my 5 cents.

Why the question mark on the three months? :huh:

Anyways the idea of sequential vows has to do to some extent for making it easier for me keeping track but mainly to make people make hard choices and take chances. You can play safe and finish smaller vows or you can take you chances and vow everything you want in one (provided it's within the 5k point limit). So prioritizing your work is part of the fun. It also builds up tension as people have increasingly less time to complete their vows as the event progresses. Plus it somewhat helps some people to remain on track and not be distracted. And if priorities shift, as you say, you are still liable for your first vow - so extra motivation to complete it! :D

I take the 5k is a typo and we're still limited to 3k?

I'm one of those who's risking big and the second 3k vow is proving more of a challenge to complete than the first. Lol ... I will complete it an revow. Just maybe smaller in the subsequent vows than planned. :p

If your plan is to do possibly 3 over the ETL then definitely break it down into 3 different vows!!!

buffer for Why the question mark on the three months? huh.png

Anyways the idea of sequential vows has to do to some extent for making it easier for me keeping track but mainly to make people make hard choices and take chances. You can play safe and finish smaller vows or you can take you chances and vow everything you want in one (provided it's within the 5k point limit). So prioritizing your work is part of the fun. It also builds up tension as people have increasingly less time to complete their vows as the event progresses. Plus it somewhat helps some people to remain on track and not be distracted. And if priorities shift, as you say, you are still liable for your first vow - so extra motivation to complete it! biggrin.png

3 months was a guess from memory rather than look it up.

i get the counter-arguments. i ran through them myself when pondering whether to post this, so it took a number of unposted posts to post the previously posted post.

to address the last point, yes you are liable for the first (current) vow however if you are held up due to unexpected circumstances then the rules state that any painting that could be made towards a subsequent vow either cannot be completed (or even commenced!!) or is not valid towards a subsequent vow if it is finished (or even started).

under certain circumstances this seems to counter the underlying concept of providing motivation for people to paint more. potentially not being able to paint a specific vow's content for weeks is clearly a waste of time/potential or conversely a waste of ETL contribution points.

anyway, thems the rules.

It's not mandatory to join the ETL. If you are motivated by a different format, there are plenty of other events throughout the year that might be more to your liking. :) Besides, questioning the format (which is now used in largely the same form for the fifth time) while the ETL train has left the station, is kind of a buzzkill moot. ;)

i concur that the train has left the station, and for the current competition the point is moot.
discussion and challenging ideas in a constructive way can be an avenue for change and potentially improvement.

if raising the point,  "can we think about rule condition X in consideration of circumstances Y?"  is a buzzkill then [shrug]

Fair enough, but there's a time and a place for that constructive challenging of ideas. Perhaps doing it mid-ETL in the very centre of the event isn't the best of either of them.

I did write a more elaborate response, but I've taken my own advice and PMd you. ;)

+++SEVENTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

We are past the mid-point of the event. We have managed to complete a quarter of all the pledged points and we have broken the 100k level! The ETL goes from strength to strength but now we are at the heart of the event and fatigue is at its local high. The next couple weeks are going to be crucial as we are at the heart of the summer and all kind of reasons to procrastinate pop-up!

Now the name of the game is to see those first vow completions start to soar. The most energetic plyers are already at their second or even third vows while some crazies are already in the 4th! But letting the vanguard capturing all this territory unsupported is not wise – the bulk of the points are always with the first vows! So even if you’re not planning to proceed to a second vow it’s still worth it to finish up with your first ASAP. It diminishes the risk (real life happens to all) and who knows? You may have a change of heart and vow again after all. Better keep your options open!

Another general comment would be to keep an eye on the completion rate. Although some factions appear to have materially more resources at their disposal, if they are not utilized, they’ll be punished and their score will sink! A faction with fewer resources utilized to the max may make the surprise and come on top! So always be conscious of the completion rate – if you can finish your vow, quit messing around and finish it!

Now let’s see the weekly stats in more detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX V – Week 7
Codex 77 102 66,490 17,387 26.1%
Blood Angels 54 77 32,699 12,417 38.0%
Dark Angels 57 72 42,613 8,620 20.2%
Space Wolves 51 60 53,390 8,264 15.5%
Forces of the Imperium 44 58 26,796 5,256 19.6%
Realm of Chaos 81 104 95,144 26,497 27.8%
Horus Heresy 107 141 125,317 33,599 26.8%
TOTAL 470 614 442,449 112,040 25.3%

And let’s see each Faction one by one:

CODEX

The Codex added just 1.7k pts this week but still drove its completion rate 1% higher to 26% marginally higher than the average of the ETL. Given that things are expected to slow down this is not a bad result but keep in mind that being in line with the average is not in your favor given that Chaos and HH employ materially higher resources. So to beat them you need a completion rate closer to that of the BAs rather than the HH… The completion rate of the first vows is just at 22% and the high completions of subsequent vows is what brings you guys to the ETL average… But first vows represent 71% of your entire points so I think it’s evident that here’s where the game will be won or lost!

BLOOD ANGELS
OK completion rate remains the highest in the event at 38% - a substantial increase on a weekly basis. Also a staggering 43% have made at least another vow so the drive and enthusiasm is there and can be said that is way more than any other faction! So what’s the problem? The problem is the small average vow of just 425. It remains the lowest in the ETL and the worrying bit is that new vows are lowering it instead of increasing. The average second vow is just 303pts… Thankfully average third vow is at 508pts which is encouraging but the bulk of the follow-up vows are the second vows (16 vs. just 7 of the third vows). Still, don’t let this bring you down, the pace you guys are keeping is fantastic and the enthusiasm and interaction in the BA Strategium is spot on what the ETL intends!

DARK ANGELS
A great effort this week moving the completion rate by 8 percentage points! But our rivals are not idle and the 20% completion rate is still among the lowest in the ETL (although not as bad as the previous week) and the average vow, although not low, it’s still some 120pts below the ETL average. So the game boils down to beating the ETL average completion rate and doing so convincingly. For that we require first vow completions! Yes, the second and subsequent vows will play a (very important) part but will be inevitably fewer than the first vows and cannot win this on their own! In our case the first vows represent 81% of the total points pledged so you realize the importance of those first-vow completions!

SPACE WOLVES
The SWs had a slow week with no completions. In fact, there is a worrying pattern here: Week 5: no completions, Week 6: 790pts, Week 7: no completions… So just 790pts in three weeks does not look very encouraging. The completion rate of 15.5% is the lowest of the ETL by now and this is an alarm call if there ever was one! I’m not suggesting that the SWs are not doing any progress and from what I’ve seen there is a lot going on in the background. So it might be the case that next week there will be a step-up in all their metrics. But for now, I’m afraid I must share my concern. Guys, these 2-3 weeks are the most important because the tempo drops naturally – if you keep the pace you’ll come on top, if you procrastinate (and the metrics suggest that you delay more than any other Faction) you’ll be shooting yourself in the leg. It’s a great opportunity this year that you have all these resources that you never had before not to utilize them as effectively as possible. So let’s see this picture change next week!

IMPERIAL FORCES
The IFOR sped up reaching a completion rate of 20%. Still more can be done as the weeks pass. I have to say that the bulk is carried by the Guard (fitting) and the other components of the IFOR seem to be considerably more sluggish. I especially would like to see the AdMech making a comeback but also the Sisters that employ a significant amount of the IFOR resources this year! C’mon guys and gals, I know it’s a difficult period in the middle of the event but remember: you arte the faction that historically makes the highest completion rates – don’t let that proud tradition wither away!

REALM OF CHAOS
The completion rate jumped from 24% to 28% and with another 4.5k pts under their belt, Chaos seems to retain its form. The revowing rate both in terms of people who actually re-vow as well as points being re-vowed seem to be balanced (28% of your participants re-vowed representing 31% additional points to the first vows), your average second vow is more than 100pts larger than your average first vow (so re-vowing is raising your average instead of lowering it) and things seem to go smoothly. So keep at it and everything is OK. Lose the pace and there is a long way to fall!

HORUS HERESY
The HH team appears going form strength to strength! A decent completion rate of slightly above ETL average mean that, given their immense resources, they can dominate the landscape. But resources need to be utilized and having just the average completion rate, while it may be adequate if you keep it intact until the end there is no guarantee that will be retained until the end. So in order to secure the outcome, you need to plan ahead for a potential loss of momentum by completing anything you can as soon as you have the opportunity. It all boils down to completion rate guys – you may win in absolute terms of completed points but remember: your final score is a factor of completion rate!

AS A LAST POINT I’D LIKE TO HIGHLIGHT TWO THINGS:

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SUBMITTED “BEFORE” PICS, WHEN YOU DO TAKE THEM, PLEASE EDIT THEM IN YOUR ORIGINAL VOW POST!
PLEASE ALL OF YOU CHECK THE SECOND POST OF YOUR STRATEGIUM TO MAKE SURE YOUR VOW IS CORRECTLY DEPICTED AND LINKED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES.

So until next week, keep those completions coming!!! biggrin.png

That completion came in after the last update. Remember, the write up takes some time. ;) I cannot instantly update and produce the Weekly recap at the same time! :lol:

Sorry boss. Didn't realise it was after the cut off.

Well that'll be the start to a flood of completions from the SW's this week (I hope)!!! :p

+++EIGHTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

So Week 8 is now behind us and things to be on the productive side. Compared to last year the ETL as a whole has completed some 5k pts more! We are at the core of the procrastinating period and yet it seems that some factions at least are as productive as ever! Overall almost 30% of the pledged points have already been completed amounting to a significant 130k and showing few signs of fatigue.

Now we’re entering Week 9, the last week where things will remain relatively calm. From Week 10 onwards the end of the event will be evident so expected an acceleration on completions and re-vowing across the board! Once August comes along all hell will break loose! So plan ahead your second or subsequent vows while there is still ample time – the next couple of weeks will be crucial!

Also, for those who have yet to complete their first vow I urge you to do so the earliest possible! It’s important to add your points to your faction’s total and don’t forget that first vow completion rate is the most important element for the overall completion rate. And you don’t want me to tell you how important this is! Indicatively I’ll just mention that Chaos is actually ahead of the HH at this particular point in time despite having almost 5k pts less in absolute terms. Those 5 percentage points in the completion rate make a huuuge difference. Now obviously this will fluctuate materially as we approach the deadline so please don’t draw any long term conclusions other than that the completion rate is a very, VERY, important metric.

E TENEBRAE LUX V – Week 8
Codex 77 103 67,103 18,112 27.0%
Blood Angels 54 80 33,564 14,687 43.8%
Dark Angels 57 74 43,388 9,675 22.3%
Space Wolves 51 62 53,910 9,674 17.9%
Forces of the Imperium 44 60 27,393 6,015 22.0%
Realm of Chaos 81 108 96,610 33,667 34.8%
Horus Heresy 107 145 129,066 38,583 29.9%
TOTAL 470 632 451,034 130,413 28.9%

CODEX
Things seem to be softening a bit… With 27% completion rate (close to but not quite the ETL average) and an average vow of some 60pts below the average it seems that some of the momentum is lost. Still that was to be expected in the eighth week. The big question is how to respond to that. The answer is that you need some solid completions to beat the average completion rate since you cannot rely on your average vow to do the work for you. Just as an indication, you are some 1,500 pts behind the BAs (adjusting for completion rate) while you have 23 more participants and 100% more points pledged (yeap, you read correctly). It is not so much whether you’ll beat the BAs in the end but it just shows how many resources you have yet to utilize. So let’s see if Week 9 will be a return to productivity or will procrastination settle at the time that it should be leaving!

BLOOD ANGELS
Consistently the best completion rate in the ETL now at 44%! This keeps you firmly in third position after Chaos and HH. But it also shows that you expend your ammo and soon you’ll be slowing down as your resources are consumed faster than your rivals, while reinforcements come at an even smaller average vow. Still, the huge completion rate in the first vows (44%) and the fact that 35% of you have made a second vow is an encouraging sign. Now if you could only lift the average vow form the 420 level (the lowest in the ETL) closer to the average that’ll be a game changer! Having said that, your performance is astonishing and you keep the pace like no other faction!

DARK ANGELS
Not a very productive week unfortunately. Completion rate increased by only 2 percentage points on the week while the average vow dropped and remains almost 130 pts below the ETL average. Brothers, we need those first vow completions and we need them fast. Let this coming week be one to change the dynamics once and for all! Another area we can improve on is the re-vowing rate – especially in terms of points. Although second and subsequent vows are 30% of the first vows in terms of points they are only 26%. In fact, the average second vow is at 555pts vs. 604pts of the first vow! That means that we MUST get as many first vows done ASAP in order to stabilize the situation. Let’s hope Week 9 will be doing just that!

SPACE WOLVES
SWs have almost exactly the same points completed compared to the DAs. But given their higher resources, this translates to a lower completion rate (which remains the lowest in the ETL). So this is simple: Week 9 must be a wake-up call. You need to see those first vows been completed and move on to second ones as you re-vowing rate of 22% is also the lowest in the ETL. And it’s a pity because you have a very strong average vow of 870 that is spilling over to second vows too! So if you only start completing your fist vows the impact would be tremendous! Let’s see it happen!

IMPERIAL FORCES
IFOR increased their completion rate somewhat especially with the contribution of some AdMech completions that supported the Guard. We also had the Sisters showing up and that was a great support! Still completion rate is only 22% - this is a drag for you guys as your average vow is the second lowest. I guess a rigorous re-vowing with point-rich items can improve the picture even within one week – as a faction you’re not short of Super Heavies after all! So will Week 9 be the magic week for you? Let’s see!

REALM OF CHAOS
Realm of Chaos had a fantastic week. The completion rate jumped a huge 7 percentage points on the week leading to a 33.7k points completed (second highest) and adjusted for completion rate 11.7k pts – the highest to this point. Now gloating aside, it’s only 200pts higher than HH and, given the HH average vow, it will only take a quarter of a vow for them to catch up! Now obviously all these are indicative but I think Chaos should overall be quite proud of its performance so far. It needs to keep the pace though, their arch-enemy, HH, commands tremendous resources and can easily take the lead in less than a week. So keep it up, no relaxation and see you next week!

HORUS HERESY
HH is doing fine. The completion rate is virtually at the ETL average (slightly better in fact), their average vow comfortably above the average, and a huge amount of resources available to use to catch up. And catching up is what is needed unfortunately because what we are witnessing is last year’s trend where the higher resources were not utilized to the fullest and as such you let the Primus Inter Pares slip through your fingers in the last weeks. You should not allow this to happen again, so, yeah, you’re doing fine but some more effort will be required. Let’s see that completion rate climb convincingly in Week 9 and let’s see those superior resources put to good use!

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SUBMITTED “BEFORE” PICS, WHEN YOU DO TAKE THEM, PLEASE EDIT THEM IN YOUR ORIGINAL VOW POST!

PLEASE ALL OF YOU CHECK THE SECOND POST OF YOUR STRATEGIUM TO MAKE SURE YOUR VOW IS CORRECTLY DEPICTED AND LINKED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES.

@ SM1981: typically I'd say the average ETL completion rate is north of 70%

@ Razblood: if there is an "updated to this point" after your vow then I missed it. If not it means I did not updated it yet. :)

Typically what is the average completion percentage tor a faction at the end of the event? Just trying to look at where BA need to be ultimately to maintain that placing.

You can look at past event stats using the links in Sempers signature.

+++NINETH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

Week 9, arguably the most difficult week of any ETL, is over. However, the overall production of the ETL crowd remained to high levels with 17.2k points completed in the week. But those points were not evenly distributed among the various factions with Chaos and HH doing the bulk of it (both completing north of 5k points) while other factions like the SWs and the Codex had a much more subdued production.

Looking ahead, we are now entering the last three weeks of the ETL – something that is usually a wake-up call for many. Week 10 sees the beginning of the final sprint to the end of the event. So on August 15th the curtain will drop and therefore the general strategy should gradually change from early completions and re-vowing, to completion of outstanding vows – especially first vows! I cannot stress this last point enough, it’s first vows completion rate that makes all the difference! The subsequent vows also have their importance as they carry the weight of all the preceding vows but, experience has shown that, those vows have a very high completion rate.

And completion rate is the name of the game! What if you have massive resources and dominate on absolute numbers’ terms? If you do not put those resources to good use, you’ll be severely penalized and it may cost you the Primus Inter Pares! If on the other hand, your put your moderate resources to good use you may come on top or at least several positions higher than the absolute numbers may suggest.

E TENEBRAE LUX V – Week 9
FactionParticipantsVows Points pledged Completions RateCodex 77 105 67,708 19,402 28.7% Blood Angels 54 85 33,735 16,427 46.0% Dark Angels 57 76 43,728 11,120 25.4% Space Wolves 51 63 54,145 10,099 18.7% Forces of the Imperium 44 64 28,198 7,524 26.7% Realm of Chaos 81 117 101,490 38,752 38.2% Horus Heresy 107 152 131,276 44,313 33.8% TOTAL 472 662 462,280 147,637 31.9%

CODEX
I’m afraid that Week 9 was not one of the strongest for the Codex. By adding only 1.3k points and with a completion rate below the ETL average at 29% things look a bit tight right now. You completed less points this week than either the BAs or the DAs… But the good news is, nothing is beyond repair! Your average vow is close to the ETL average, so all that’s needed is to complete those first vows ASAP! You should be looking at a gain of ca. 5 percentage points in the next week to feel you’re on the safe side – an achievable target as it means roughly 3.5k points. Certainly not unheard of. Obviously if you can beat that, it’ll be great as what the Codex needs now is a severe boost forward to make up for a sluggish Week 9…

BLOOD ANGELS
And the BA advance unabated! By far the highest completion rate in the ETL so far – a good 8 percentage points for the second and more than 10 from the third. At this rate (and that shows just how important the completion rate is) are third overall and with a 2k points buffer from the Codex that’s fourth. And that’s not 2k completed points but adjusted… So the difference is significantly more… For the Codex to catch up at their current completion rate it would take 7k worth of completions! So I expect the BAs to continue to deliver and even accelerate towards the end. The only point of weakness is the low average vow of just 420pts (the lowest in the ETL) and that is something that’s really difficult to change now. But even at that average vow, consistent rev-owing will get you a long way!

DARK ANGELS
Week 9 was OK in terms of completions, boosting our completion rate by 3 percentage points. However, it’s still fairly low at only 25% - the second lowest in fact. At this point it’s not the number of participants or the average vow that’s doing the damage it’s the lack of completions… And that’s it. We have three weeks to go, let’s see those first, point-rich, vows completed!!!

SPACE WOLVES
Here we are facing an emergency. Seriously. With three weeks (including the first) with no completions at all, and just 425pts completed in Week 9 (the lowest among all factions) things are entering the red zone. With the lowest completion rate in the event of just 19% there is no sophisticated strategy here, no re-vowing rates, no average vow points, just completions! Remember, you have the resources, a high level of participants and a fairly high average vow – totally at par with Chaos and HH!!! And remember that first vows are the most point-rich anyway! So that’s where the key lies! Having those of you who are already in their second vow (quite a few points there too btw) complete is fine but there is nothing better than first vow completions at this point! So. Three weeks. What can you do until then?

IMPERIAL FORCES
IFOR had a good week! They increased their completion rate by almost 5 percentage points adding a solid 1.5k pts to their score. We had completions from almost all sub-factions and with some spectacular results to boot! Kudos to the Sisters that are doing an excellent job, and if the AdMech comes up with some of their point-heavy completions next week the overall picture will change significantly! I have the feeling that the faction will take off in these last three weeks achieving one of the highest completion rates in ETL V!

REALM OF CHAOS
Chaos has the second highest re-vowing rate amounting (in terms of points) to 40% of the first vows! It is only surpassed by the BAs but if one thinks of the scale of the Chaos faction this is truly impressive! Well high completion rate, high re-vowing rate, high average vow, huge resources, and yet… HH is ahead. They are ahead because they command even more resources and, although their completion rate is not as impressive as yours, it’s enough to given them the edge! So it appears that a completion ratio of 37% among the first vows may not be enough! Now is the time of truth (if truth has any meaning for you traitorous scum): the last three weeks of the event! It’s make or break!

HORUS HERESY
And “make or break” applies here as well! Things appear to be going your way but the nightmare of last year still looms. You’re not in the safety zone yet, and it seems you will never be until the end of the event! You have lower completion rate and re-vowing rate than Chaos but you have so many more resources (on an unadjusted basis) that it makes a difference. Still. But if you relax, the momentum of the Chaos faction is such that it will overtake you in these last weeks of the event! So stand your ground and deliver on your promises! Will Week 10 see you securing first place?

+++TENTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

So Week 10 is over – they sure go quick don’t they? At this point it’s all about first vow completions! Sure subsequent vows must be completed so no penalties will be incurred, but the decisive factor will be the first vow completions as they have the biggest pool of points and usually the highest average vow within the Faction’s pool. So yes, further vows are welcome and heroic, but the chance to tip the balance in favour of a faction with a low completion rate among first vows is minimal.

Now we’re entering Week 11 and then Week 12 that will be our last update as traditionally Week 13 does not get an update as it’s only a couple of day before the closing of the event. So get those first vows completed and remember: the final score is worked out as:

Final Score = (total points painted – penalties for non-completion of subsequent vows) x completion rate

So completion rate is of paramount importance! And the best way to increase it fast is not to vow more but to complete the existing vows! Just three weeks to go everyone, procrastination is a luxury you no longer have!

E TENEBRAE LUX V – Week 10
Codex 77 106 67,893 21,950 32.3%
Blood Angels 54 89 36,550 19,117 52.3%
Dark Angels 57 77 43,918 11,365 25.9%
Space Wolves 51 63 54,075 11,509 21.3%
Forces of the Imperium 44 66 28,603 8,905 31.1%
Realm of Chaos 81 120 102,571 44,471 43.4%
Horus Heresy 107 159 133,865 49,817 37.2%
TOTAL 472 680 467,475 167,134 35.8%

CODEX
The Codex had a busy week, adding 2.5k pts to their total thus increasing their completion rate by almost 4 percentage points to 32%. However, their completion rate remains more than three percentage points below the ETL average which at this point seems a bit distressing… But on the positive side the resources are there and with an average vow of 640 pts things seem manageable (provided the Codex crowd will start to increase the output significantly). Just a few points: The completion rate of the first vows is just 23.8%! So there is a lot of potential and in fact some easy wins embedded in the Codex structure that can completely turn things around. But will it?

BLOOD ANGELS
Here we have a magnificent performance of a small yet dedicated team. The BAs continue to have the highest completion rate in the ETL, exceeding 52%! The low average vow is a drag (lowest in the ETL) but even so the manage to remain in third position (completion rate adjusted) against rivals that in some cases they have almost double the pledged points! So where from now? Well, more of the same! At this stage changing the average vow in a material way in not realistic. So trying to vow bigger is less important than to continue to complete the existing vows. Obviously new vows (at higher points) are always welcome but the focus must remain to completing the existing pledges.

DARK ANGELS
A weak week for the DAs with only 245pts completed and the side effect is that the completion rate stands some 10 percentage points below the average of the ETL. That is unfortunate as now time is of particular importance. The DAs have room to improve as their fairly high average vow promises great gains as completions will rise. However, Week 11 must yield results or things will enter the danger zone. No vow is too small or too insignificant, everything matters! If you’re close to completing, just do it – do not procrastinate, even if you do not intend to vow further. Let’s get those completions under our belt!

SPACE WOLVES
The situation here is kind of strange… The Wolves have significant resources at their disposal (participants and points pledged) but the completion rate is the lowest in the ETL – meaning that those resources are underutilized. Furthermore, the lack of completions has deprived the SWs from levering up their pool of points by re-vowing earlier in the game. But they are not alone in that. And their resources mean that even a last minute mobilization may yield significant results, after all they have the highest average vow in the game - they can cover the distance faster than anyone else! But there must be completions! So will Week 11 be the turnaround week?

IMPERIAL FORCES
IFOR continues to cover the distance with big strides! This week they increased their completion rate by 4.5 percentage points adding almost 1.4k pts. And although the completion rate is still below the average of the ETL, the expected mobilization by the AdMech makes me hopeful that Week 11 may see some rapid progress for IFOR. Oh, and the GKs are pretty close to be the one forum in ETL V with 100% completion rate! Unfortunately, the Sisters were pretty quiet this week – something that must be a cause of concern as this year the Sisters have a fairly big chunk of the IFOR points’ pool. So on to Week 11 and hopefully to a quick rise of the completion rate!

REALM OF CHAOS
OK, here we have an avalanche of completions and new vows! Chaos has the second highest completion rate which, backed by their resources, implies an astronomical score. At more than 43% completion rate, it means that on an adjusted basis they currently lead the ETL V by a slim but distinct margin! And with their high average vow, it means that any completions are increasing their score in significant steps! So the challenging thing here is to continue with the momentum unabated! The three remaining weeks is enough time to turn things around – to the best or to the worse.

HORUS HERESY
So, one week you guys lead, another week you allow Chaos to lead. This is a dangerous game to play as last year painfully proved. Your completion rate this week, although increasing by 3 percentage points and despite being above the ETL average, is 6 percentage points below Chaos and that makes a significant difference. You have the most points pledged, the most participants and the most vows. Do use your superior resources or they may backfire big time! So last three weeks to prove that you can see this through and translate the advantage you have on paper to the actual highest score in this year’s ETL.

Oooooh exciting! It's going to be close between the team Horus "Greipel" Heresy and the Realm of "Cavendish" Chaos.

Hidden Content

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/800/cpsprodpb/6EED/production/_90279382_cavendish_tour.jpg

:p

;)

Archived