+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Considering you don't usually do this sort of thing, this vow is nuts! Have to say though, you're really motivated this year to get that Company finished...

Yes, go big or go home was the idea. I would have pledges more, but I realised I have vacation away from the models basically all of July.

The tanks are super easy, with army painter spray, I hope to get the bulk of the infantry done in the first vow. Time dependant, I can add a dev squad, and then vow individual characters. I'll hopefully have access to my full bits box for a Cypher after July.

Also notice I havent actually pledged much to add to the 4th...I need 3 more tac squads and an assault, but can't bear it 30 more tac marines...

Also notice I havent actually pledged much to add to the 4th...I need 3 more tac squads and an assault, but can't bear it 30 more tac marines...

Tell me about it! After painting my fourth and fifth 2nd Edition Tactical Squads for RTS'15 I can't put into words how much I'm "looking forward" to doing number six (even if it is current edition models)...

I bushman101, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Chaplain with jump pack

Command Squad with Jump packs, 4 power weapons and a Inferno pistol

from Blood Angels of total value 305 pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Welcome aboard! Love the use of a power lance wub.png

I [xmercx] rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete [1 Predator w/ twin-linked Lascannon and lascannon side sponsons for the Nova Angels [successor Chapter of the Blood Angels] of total value [140 points] on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to [All the Sons of Sanguinius] and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Pics as always in my long running WiP thread found here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/256750-mercs-madness/?do=findComment&comment=4395704

The Orange is ready, lets roll!

Where's the turret and front plate from? Also, is that orange easy to paint?

I, Boudan, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following: Captain Karlaen, a Chaplain with Jump Pack and Melta Bombs, a Chaplain with Plasma Pistol, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs and Auspex, a Chaplain with Auspex and Melta Bombs, a Librarian with Plasma Pistol, Jump Pack and Melta Bombs, and a Techmarine with Servo-harness, Power Axe and Melta Bombs, all from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 695 points on or before August 15th, 2016.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels Sub-forum and the Lamenters Chapter, while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete!

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w371/Brendanguilford/7672074D-9062-4BAB-AE33-25C5B9562E3E_zpsceo0thzi.jpg

What colour are you doing Karlaen, the Chaplains and the Techmarine? Yellow, black, and crimson, or do the Lamenters have a different colour scheme for these?

I, appiah5, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Terminator Squad (Heavy Flamer, Chainfist) and one Captain (Terminator Armor, Power Sword, Storm Bolter) from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 335 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

WIP Pictures can be found in my Painting Blog thread.

Painted that Captain up recently after having it for years; a great model to paint up and shame they ditched it earlier this year (I suppose you don't need more than one though!)

Well after 2 late nights (must finish this first vow this week to make enough time to make the next vow even bigger) ive completed the following

Sanguinor (hate finecast never doing it again once ive finished with my Dante model, the sword on this model broke if i even looked at it)

gallery_60125_10855_1034938.jpg

Chaplain with plasma pistol

gallery_60125_10855_1097744.jpg

Relic Sicaran

gallery_60125_10855_913477.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ UPDATE 19/05/16 +++++++++++++++++++++++

Drop pod done

gallery_60125_10855_676102.jpg

next up tac squad and terminators then vow 1 in the bag

Tell me about it! After painting my fourth and fifth 2nd Edition Tactical Squads for RTS'15 I can't put into words how much I'm "looking forward" to doing number six (even if it is current edition models)...

Yes...I'm thinking of filling up the space in my BA company with my Omega Marines - their fluff is that tey fought together on Armageddon anyway...this lets me focus on the 1st, 8th and 10th...and tanks. Many tanks.

OK, put things into perspective, last year you had 40 participants by the end of Week 1. So far you are at 25. Do you think, making last year's level is achievable? Week ends on Saturday...

OK, put things into perspective, last year you had 40 participants by the end of Week 1. So far you are at 25. Do you think, making last year's level is achievable? Week ends on Saturday...

It's ok, about 10 % of chaos vows, and 20 % of AoD vows are actually fake accounts I made up and pledges over 1000pts in.

If I finish this in a timely manner, am I able to make a 2nd vow? Or is it just one? I can't remember.

You can make up to five total vows, with each new vow being pledged once the current one is complete.

Thanks I realize I could've gone to the sticky you set up, but I was asking from my phone and it was just easier. Sorry for that, but thanks for the answer!

That's aok drevilcheese will win the competition singlehandedly.

:|

Do we have a plan B?

Also where has everybody gone?! I think we'll be hard pressed to find 15 more participants before the end of the week.

PROVE ME WRONG BROTHERS! Get those vows in.

EDC

:|

Do we have a plan B?

Also where has everybody gone?! I think we'll be hard pressed to find 15 more participants before the end of the week.

PROVE ME WRONG BROTHERS! Get those vows in.

EDC

I would argue that we are just slow moving out of the blocks this year; we're still well up on ETL I-III. Provided we get a good bulk of participants this side of June 15th it's all good and besides, there are a good number that have shown interest who are yet to vow for varying reasons.

AoD just have a large advantage as they have such a bigger player base to draw on (18 legions, Militia and Cults, Questoris Knights, Mechanicum, Solar Auxillia, TITANS.) combined with the fact a lot of the units are inherently expensive points wise.

Of course this does mean potential for more failure!

AoD just have a large advantage as they have such a bigger player base to draw on (18 legions, Militia and Cults, Questoris Knights, Mechanicum, Solar Auxillia, TITANS.) combined with the fact a lot of the units are inherently expensive points wise.

Remind me how many Legions the arch heretic threw at the Imperial Palace? Remind me how many Legions defended the walls from the innumerable waves or traitor, heretic and Daemon? Do you think our father, Sanguinius, threw in the towel because not only did he see the numbers and the odds, but also his own demise?

We are Blood Angels. We know no fear, no retreat and no surrender. We do not compromise to those lesser Factions and we do not yield to those deemed to wield more power than us and this was proved last year when the entire B&C universe were reminded of our existence.

Brothers, do us proud once more, it is you who will make the difference.

AoD is also probably on a high from people that got into it from the BaC box. They also have a lot bluster and failed vows last year msn-wink.gif

80,000 seems to be a target number, so 100,000 pledged points at 80% completion pretty much guarantee it...same for 114,000 pledged, 70% completion

I don't know if I have enough models. Death company can take 2 thunder hammers each, right?

Will Semper be doing the numbers, or I can play around with some stats also biggrin.png

Looking at the numbers, I'm not too concerned.

Last year, by the end of week 4, we had 48,000 pts pledged, halfway through week 1 this year, we have 12,000.

Just wait 'til we get to the weekend, then see who has the most pledges.

AoD just have a large advantage as they have such a bigger player base to draw on (18 legions, Militia and Cults, Questoris Knights, Mechanicum, Solar Auxillia, TITANS.) combined with the fact a lot of the units are inherently expensive points wise.

Remind me how many Legions the arch heretic threw at the Imperial Palace? Remind me how many Legions defended the walls from the innumerable waves or traitor, heretic and Daemon? Do you think our father, Sanguinius, threw in the towel because not only did he see the numbers and the odds, but also his own demise?

We are Blood Angels. We know no fear, no retreat and no surrender. We do not compromise to those lesser Factions and we do not yield to those deemed to wield more power than us and this was proved last year when the entire B&C universe were reminded of our existence.

Brothers, do us proud once more, it is you who will make the difference.

Inspiring words there Jolemai! Now I want to be a Blood Angel too! :D

AoD is also probably on a high from people that got into it from the BaC box. They also have a lot bluster and failed vows last year msn-wink.gif

80,000 seems to be a target number, so 100,000 pledged points at 80% completion pretty much guarantee it...same for 114,000 pledged, 70% completion

I don't know if I have enough models. Death company can take 2 thunder hammers each, right?

Will Semper be doing the numbers, or I can play around with some stats also biggrin.png

Looking at the numbers, I'm not too concerned.

Last year, by the end of week 4, we had 48,000 pts pledged, halfway through week 1 this year, we have 12,000.

Just wait 'til we get to the weekend, then see who has the most pledges.

I'll be doing the numbers but there is nothing preventing you from giving it a go. Please note that every week (either Saturday or Sunday depending on my schedule) I will be posting the weekly overview with all the important metrics as well as commentary that will help people get the big picture (since I have the bird's eye view an' all). Like I do every year.

There are quite some interesting trends developing already, but I'll refrain from commenting as they may change until Saturday and in any case I don't want to spoil the anticipation. :)

So by all means play around with the numbers all you like - just be aware that there will be information coming your way on a weekly basis. Transparency is one of the things ETL is proud of! :)

Mmm hmm, you do a good job on the stats, evidenced by the fact I could easily go back and find out how many points had been pledged this time last year!

I'll maybe do interrim stuff, out of my own curiosity...

I actually have a ruling I would like clarified:

As I'm painting these Carmine Blades, something came up, to represent the narrative of this army, I am planning on an allied detachment of Codex: Space Marines, Centurions, to represent the Swords of Haldroth becoming the Carmine Blades. Since this is canon and the Carmine Blades are late 41st century would it be allowed if in a 2nd vow I painted them and it would count towards the Blood Angels, or would it go towards Codex: Space Marine players? This isn't to try and open up a can of worms or cheat the system, I'm generally curious. Because it is a special condition, and isn't a homebrewed chapter.

Ok, here's the thing: you can only pledge for a single faction for the entire event. As such you cannot support the Codex faction even if you wanted to. So nothing you do here can benefit any other faction.

Now as for the rest of the question, how you paint your minis is your call, not mine or anybody else's. So if you want to have yellow, blue or green BAs successors, be my guest. :) The important thing to remember though is that you only have access to the units available to BAs - so Centurions for example are out (unless there is a FAQ somewhere that I missed).

Oh, and allies are not allowed in the ETL... :devil:

However if you want to do those Centurions, you can always enter them as an out-of-competition entry. You can show the progress here and it will be as a normal vow - it just won't earn you any points.

Archived