+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Ok, here's the thing: you can only pledge for a single faction for the entire event. As such you cannot support the Codex faction even if you wanted to. So nothing you do here can benefit any other faction.

Now as for the rest of the question, how you paint your minis is your call, not mine or anybody else's. So if you want to have yellow, blue or green BAs successors, be my guest. smile.png

This is interesting...so I could I vow a squad of tactical marines to the BA forum, but paint them as a black and white 'successor'? Or some with err...flame and bone livery representing the fires of Sanguinius's rage?

Pledge complete!

Check you out, great work!

Also, apologies, but in my head I keep pronouncing your name 'boudin' which is French for sausage.

EDIT:

In other news: Whirlwind Finished.

In progress:

gallery_58096_11967_753123.jpg

Finished

gallery_58096_11967_178268.jpg

More pics in my Plog.

Ok, here's the thing: you can only pledge for a single faction for the entire event. As such you cannot support the Codex faction even if you wanted to. So nothing you do here can benefit any other faction.

Now as for the rest of the question, how you paint your minis is your call, not mine or anybody else's. So if you want to have yellow, blue or green BAs successors, be my guest. smile.png

This is interesting...so I could I vow a squad of tactical marines to the BA forum, but paint them as a black and white 'successor'? Or some with err...flame and bone livery representing the fires of Sanguinius's rage?

Pledge complete!

Check you out, great work!

Also, apologies, but in my head I keep pronouncing your name 'boudin' which is French for sausage.

That's actually the paint scheme of Blood Of The Damned, who are psychic manifestation of Sanguinus's death at the hands of Horus..

That's actually the paint scheme of Blood Of The Damned, who are psychic manifestation of Sanguinus's death at the hands of Horus..

Oh, you've heard of them? :D

@Xenith: Oui! Its a boring story, but in short thats what the name is referencing.

So, you are Boudan, and you collect Blood Angels. Does that make you...Boudan Noir?

Vow update:  My first attempt at weathering resulted in 2 overly scorched drop pods.  I don't think I destroyed them, but this is a bit of a set back until I can respray them and give it another whirl.  Just thought I would share my latest "oops" moment while trying something new.

My well-done pods.  I was going for more of a medium-rare...

Finished drop pods

@ Boudan: Congratulations for the first BA completion. Early completions are important in that it leaves the participant with ample time to vow again and vow big! And also the commitment is there because failing the second vow will also nullify the first. So again, congrats and look forward for your follow-up!

The short answer is yes. It is allowed by the rules because limiting that would also limit the creativity of the participants, something I actually want to encourage - not limit.

However, painting a white and black BA successor is quite different to painting Black Templars. The difference is subtle but very significant. In the first case you genuinely painting BAs of your own inspiration whereas in the latter case you are just by-passing ETL rules. So here's where the spirit of the ETL comes into play (you can read more about it using the link in the first post of this thread). The idea is that people are encouraged to play in the Spirit of the ETL, i.e. don't use other faction's entries and hide behind the fact that all Marine factions have some interchangeable units. I will not be policing this, it is left up to the frater to comply on their own free will. if you want to paint Legion of the Damned and hide behind the fact that they can "count-as" BA tacticals then so be it. It's not in the Spirit but it's not against the rules.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Amazing work everyone it's great to see finished models at this early stage. Congrats to Boudan also on the first vow completed. What a Champ!

Vow update. So I got the last of the black pre-shading done last night.

Now I have a question, part of my vow is a razorback that I base coated many moons ago with preshading. I'm thinking if I mix some brown in with some red and hit the recesses (I.e the bits I would've pre-shaded) and then hit it with red again when it comes to apply the red base coat on everything will it look alright?

Also, has anyone painted up some Cataphractii in BA colour as I'm in need of some inspiration.

EDC

I evildrcheese rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1x Librarian Dreadnought (with Heavy Flamer) - 160pts

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/15/800071_sm-ETL%20Libby%20Dread.JPG

1 x Space Marine HQ Command Tank (Land Raider Excelsior; Rod of Command, HK Missile, StormBolter & Rhino Primaris; HK Missile, Stormbolter) 440 pts

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/15/800074_sm-ETL%20Command%20Tanks.JPG

Terminator Assault Squad; 5-man all with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shields - 225 pts

Terminator Squad; 5 man - P.Fist & Storm Bolter; 2x Chainfist, Heavy Flamer, Sgt with Power Sword - 220pts

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/12/799439_sm-Termies%20ETL%202016.JPG

Terminator Assault Squad; 5-man, all with Lightning Claws (note; Modelled wearing Cataphractii Armour) 205pts

Terminator Squad; 5-man,P.Fist and 'Strombolter'; 1x Chainfist Assault Cannon, Sgt with Power Sword - (note; Modelled wearing Cataphractii Armour) 225pts

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/15/800070_sm-ETL%20Terminators%20Cat.JPG

Contemptor Dreadnought; Blood Fist, Kheres pattern assault cannon - 190 pts

Contemptor Dreadnought; Blood Fist, Kheres pattern assault cannon - 190 pts

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/15/800069_sm-ETL%20Compteptors.JPG

Razorback; Lascannon & TL Plasma gun - 85pts

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/12/799440_sm-ETL%20Razorback%202016.JPG

Predator; Las sponsons, Turret: TL Lascannon, Dozerblade, HK Missile, Stormboler; 160pts

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/15/800072_sm-ETL%20Tri-Las%201.JPG

Predator; Las sponsons, Turret: TL Lascannon, Dozerblade, HK Missile, Stormboler; 160pts (note model is Deimos Pattern Predator)

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/15/800075_sm-ETL%20Deimos%20Tri-Las.JPG

Stormraven Gunship; T Assault Cannon, Hurricane Bolter Sponsons, Tyhoon Missile Laucher - 255pts

Stormraven Gunship; T Assault Cannon, Hurricane Bolter Sponsons, Tyhoon Missile Laucher - 255pts

Stormraven Gunship; T Assault Cannon, Hurricane Bolter Sponsons, TL Multimelta - 230pts

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/15/800073_sm-ETL%203x%20StormRavens.JPG

from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 3000 on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

...So it begins.

POST UPDATED WITH STARTING PICS

EDC

Just wanted to say that the Forum Champion award is up for grabs this year msn-wink.gif

As for your recent question about BA Cataphractii -> Link

I SM1981 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Vangaurd Vets x 10 = 190

Bolt pistols × 10 = Free

Jump Packs × 10 = 30

Storm Shields × 10 = 100

Melta Bombs × 10 = 50

Power Sword × 4 = 60

Power Axe × 4 = 60

Power Fist = 25

Lightning Claws = 15

TOTAL = 530

Sanguinary Guard × 10 = 330

Power Fist × 5 = 50

Angelus Bolter × 5 = Free

Encarmine Sword × 3 = Free

Encarmine Axe × 2 = Free

Plasma Pistol × 2 = 20

Inferno Pistol × 3 = 30

Standard Bearer = 25

Death Masks × 5

TOTAL = 460

VOW TOTAL = 990

from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 990 on or before August 15th, 2016.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Edit: 5 Pistols and Melta Bombs still to arrive from a parts seller. Will up load photos on arrival.

What bits did you use to kitbash these? Looking forward to seeing them complete!

I, Hannibaal, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 Drop Pods from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 70 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before photo:

Have you decided on the interior colour (I'm one of those daft folk who paint their interior bone) and whether or not to bother with chevrons?

I, Mandaloriano, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chaplain with Hand Flamer and JP (115 pts), one DC squad of 5 marines with one Thunder hammer, 3 Bolters, 1 Power Weapon and two Bolt pistols, Jump packs (160 Pts), and one Vanguards Veterans squad of 5 marines with 2 plasma pistols, 2 power weapons, 1 thunderhammer, 2 chainsword, 2 bolt pistols and Jump Packs (200 pts) from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 475 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Lamenters and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u573/mandaloriano/Lamenters/20160514_173213_zps8mxgkeim.jpg

Always a pleasure seeing a "veteran" enter the stage. What are/were those metal models? The old VV box?

For the Cataphractii I have come to the conclusion that a metal colour on the braces in the back of the legs is very effective. It breaks up the redness (ok I was doing Word Bearers - not BAs) and give them a solid, "heavy" look. :)

For the Cataphractii I have come to the conclusion that a metal colour on the braces in the back of the legs is very effective. It breaks up the redness (ok I was doing Word Bearers - not BAs) and give them a solid, "heavy" look. smile.png

Remarkably amount of heresy in that thread Semper. Speaking of which, haven't you got a Cypher penitence vow to complete? whistlingW.gif

Vow update: My first attempt at weathering resulted in 2 overly scorched drop pods. I don't think I destroyed them, but this is a bit of a set back until I can respray them and give it another whirl. Just thought I would share my latest "oops" moment while trying something new.

My well-done pods. I was going for more of a medium-rare...

A little bit well done but they're still looking good. Frankly you get props for having the Baals to try some new techniques, it's the best way to learn.

Take all the preshading I'm doing, I have no idea what I'm doing but hopefully it'll provide a learning curve for the future, although it doesn't help that my wife quite rightly pointed out I should probably have preshading and based coated one tank to see how it looks rather than preshading them all at once....

EDC

For the Cataphractii I have come to the conclusion that a metal colour on the braces in the back of the legs is very effective. It breaks up the redness (ok I was doing Word Bearers - not BAs) and give them a solid, "heavy" look. :)

Remarkably amount of heresy in that thread Semper. Speaking of which, haven't you got a Cypher penitence vow to complete? :whistling:

Yes, I do... :rolleyes:

I'll kitbash one to get this out of the way... Once one makes a promise one must keep it.

The prognostications are in, and the Emperor's Tarot has been read. The Owls prepare for war.

I, CaptainHelion, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Scout Squad with camo cloaks, power fist and Veteran Sergeant, and 1 Commander Dante from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 320 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Edit: Before picture of Vow

http://i.imgur.com/bS4ue6H.jpg?1

Yeah, I'm thinking that I might do the back of the legs black to break up the red. Another spot colour I use is free, so i might use that on the tassels on the arms etc...i'm struggling with the shoulders....

EDC

The prognostications are in, and the Emperor's Tarot has been read. The Owls prepare for war.

I, CaptainHelion, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Scout Squad with camo cloaks, power fist and Veteran Sergeant, and 1 Commander Dante from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 320 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Glad to see Astorath decided you'd be better off in stasis ;)

I, Mandaloriano, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chaplain with Hand Flamer and JP (115 pts), one DC squad of 5 marines with one Thunder hammer, 3 Bolters, 1 Power Weapon and two Bolt pistols, Jump packs (160 Pts), and one Vanguards Veterans squad of 5 marines with 2 plasma pistols, 2 power weapons, 1 thunderhammer, 2 chainsword, 2 bolt pistols and Jump Packs (200 pts) from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 475 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Lamenters and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u573/mandaloriano/Lamenters/20160514_173213_zps8mxgkeim.jpg

Always a pleasure seeing a "veteran" enter the stage. What are/were those metal models? The old VV box?

Yes they are from the old vanguard veterans, I have them for many years waiting to be painted, but i have to many VV in my Angels Encarmine army so i `ve never decided to paint. But now they go to my new lamenters army thumbsup.gif .

I, Lostiris, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Brother Corbulo, Keeper of the Red Grail from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 120 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and our gene sire Sanguinius, failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Glad to have you on board smile.png Are you opting for the full white approach or red with white Apothecary/Priest bits?

I Brother_Angelus rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 thunderhawk gunship with turbolaser destructor from IA2:2nd Ed for a total value of 775pts, on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Potato quality before photo of basecoat:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/Thunderhawk_zpst4zxapcp.jpg

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png Unless we get a Titan pledged, this should be the largest single model vow pointswise. Can't wait to see it.

I marine7312000 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 4 tactial squads of 10 Marines, sgts with bolter and bolter pistol, 1 tactical squad of 9 marines, sgt with bolter and bolt pistol from Codex Blood Angels of total value 686 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sons of Sanguinius and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Pictures can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/E8GWq

EDIT: I'll need to remove the last tactical squad as I forgot that I had already started painting them. That's what I get for planning my vow away from my models.... Revised point value will be 560. As penance, I will be finishing the squad before I start on my actual vow.

Perhaps we can consider it an "out of competition" entry? That way you can still link it to keep up morale and motivation smile.png

Whats this forum champion thing all about Jolemai

At the end of the ETL there are a bunch of awards handed out. Many of us get awards for our signatures that show how many pledges we made but there is a separate segment of awards known as the Banner of Excellence. Of these, the Frater who completes the most points will be hailed as the Forum Champion and will receive a unique banner for their signature/avatar. Here is last years:

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Badge_02_Forum_Champion_BA.jpg

Previous winners:

Other Banners of Excellence include the Badge of the Hero (pledge one 3k vow - EDC is on course for this), Badge of the Martyr (five x 3k vows blink.png), Badge of the Artificer (Semper's top three favourites - this one may or may not happen this year).

In my opinion, there should be recognition for those crazy people who pledge and complete a new vow in the last 72 hours of the event, but then I'm not in charge :p

Archived