+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Who paints the most points in each forum is proclaimed "Forum Champion" and gets a special badge! smile.png

Ninja'ed laugh.png

Now that............ That is tempting.

You'll have to get that first vow in if you want to stand a chance ;)

EDC

Who paints the most points in each forum is proclaimed "Forum Champion" and gets a special badge! smile.png

Ninja'ed laugh.png

Now that............ That is tempting.
You'll have to get that first vow in if you want to stand a chance ;)

EDC

Oh I'm sure I will :P

Great progress everyone - especially with the large models!

@ CaptainHellion: Welcome on board! good luck with your vow!

@ Lucomon: Another completion! Congratulations man - and a follow-up vow nonetheless! The BAs seem to be gaining momentum!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Great work so far, everyone! Nice looking vows and progress. I guess it's time for me to throw my hat in!

I, Grazcruzk, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following from Codex: Blood Angels -

One ten man squad of vanguard veterans with jump packs, six storm shields, two hand flamers, and a relic blade. 325pts

One command squad with jump packs, three storm shields, and three meltaguns. 185pts

One counts-as Cypher. 190pts

This vow, totaling 700 points will be completed on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

13217142_1140321079342603_42210637472560

To start... Click HERE and listen to the first quote starting at ~00:07 (it should take you to this time).

Done? Okay then. Good...

I, CHARLO HADES, CHAPTER MASTER OF THE SANGUINE VISION, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

• One Captain Karlaen
  • One Captain Tycho
  • One Librarian in Terminator Armour with Gallian's Staff and Storm-Shield
  • One Librarian in Terminator Armour with Force Axe and Combi-Weapon
  • Four Blood Angel Captains in Terminator Armour with Storm Shield and Valours Edge
  • One Chaplain on Bike with Power-Fist
  • One Vanguard Veteran squad with Jump packs: Four with Two Hand Flamers, Veteran Sergeant with Hand Flamer and Relic Blade
  • Three Land Speeders with Assault Cannon and Multi-Melta
  • Two Attack Bikes with Multi-Meltas
  • Two Bike Squads armed with Two Grav-Guns and Sergeant with Combi-Grav
  • One Javelin Attack Speeder with Multi-Melta, Cyclone Missile Launcher, Two Hunter Killer Missiles and Searchlight
  • One Javelin Attack Speeder with Multi-Melta, Twin-linked Lascannons, Two Hunter Killer Missiles and Searchlight

...from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 2142 Points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20160519_223331_zpsr9wxwixi.jpg

Couple of Q's and clarifications to Semper though:

• Any model with a bit of colour on will be stripped/ sprayed over.
  • The "Javelin" Speeders are classic metal land speeders that i'll be converting with extra weapons - is this okay to count as?
  • I assume we can vow a Relic any number of times? tongue.png

Not quite as much as EDC but I don't have a load of easy-point vehicles to Vow msn-wink.gif

[Oh god I'm going to regret all of that...]

Have you decided on the interior colour (I'm one of those daft folk who paint their interior bone) and whether or not to bother with chevrons?

Vow update: My first attempt at weathering resulted in 2 overly scorched drop pods. I don't think I destroyed them, but this is a bit of a set back until I can respray them and give it another whirl. Just thought I would share my latest "oops" moment while trying something new.

My well-done pods. I was going for more of a medium-rare...

A little bit well done but they're still looking good. Frankly you get props for having the Baals to try some new techniques, it's the best way to learn.

Take all the preshading I'm doing, I have no idea what I'm doing but hopefully it'll provide a learning curve for the future, although it doesn't help that my wife quite rightly pointed out I should probably have preshading and based coated one tank to see how it looks rather than preshading them all at once....

EDC

Jolemai:  I glued the doors shut on these two.  I have another pod with doors that can open and I've never liked how they don't like to stay closed or fit right so I decided to try something different this time around.  On the plus side it makes them much faster to assemble and paint, but the down side is losing out on cool bone colored interiors and hazard stripes.

EDC: Thanks for the support.  While I didn't get the effect I wanted, it was a valuable learning experience.  In hindsight I probably should have experimented one model at a time too.  Repairs are underway.  Perhaps I will try some weathering powders next time.

I, sockwithaticket, Crimson Tears Chapter Master, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chaplain with jump pack from Codex: Blood Angels (105) and one Tarantula with twin-linked lascannon from Imperial Armour vol. 2 2nd edition (35) for a total value of 140 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/19/801127_sm-.JPG

I, Brother Lemartes, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Assault Terminator Squad 2x TH/SS 3x LC from Codex: Blood Angels for a total value of 210 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

termies 3

termies 4

tremies(2)

shield 2

I, Boudan, again rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following: Captain (Artificer Armor, Storm Shield, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Power Fist and Thunderhammer); Contemptor-pattern Dreadnought with Blood Fist and Assault Cannon; and one (1) Assault Squad with Sergeant (Thunderhammer, Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs), two (2) Plasmaguns and (3) Assault Marines w/ close combat weapons, all from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 572 points on or before August 15th, 2016.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels Sub-forum and the Lamenters Chapter, while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete!

Captain

Assault Squad

6th Assault Marine

Plasmaguns

Dreadnought

I, Nicodemus Doloroso, Chapter Master of the Angels Sorrowful, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chaplain with jump pack and Inferno Pistol and a Death Company Dreadnought with Blood Talons and Magna Grapple from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 260 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

Initial WIP pictures:

med_gallery_66537_10027_282557.jpg

med_gallery_66537_10027_363278.jpg

@Boudan -- let us bring glory to the Lamenters and their successors!

I, Lostiris, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Brother Corbulo, Keeper of the Red Grail from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 120 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and our gene sire Sanguinius, failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Glad to have you on board smile.png Are you opting for the full white approach or red with white Apothecary/Priest bits?

I Brother_Angelus rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 thunderhawk gunship with turbolaser destructor from IA2:2nd Ed for a total value of 775pts, on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Potato quality before photo of basecoat:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/Thunderhawk_zpst4zxapcp.jpg

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png Unless we get a Titan pledged, this should be the largest single model vow pointswise. Can't wait to see it.

I marine7312000 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 4 tactial squads of 10 Marines, sgts with bolter and bolter pistol, 1 tactical squad of 9 marines, sgt with bolter and bolt pistol from Codex Blood Angels of total value 686 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sons of Sanguinius and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Pictures can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/E8GWq

EDIT: I'll need to remove the last tactical squad as I forgot that I had already started painting them. That's what I get for planning my vow away from my models.... Revised point value will be 560. As penance, I will be finishing the squad before I start on my actual vow.

Perhaps we can consider it an "out of competition" entry? That way you can still link it to keep up morale and motivation smile.png

Oh believe me, pictures will be supplied once they're finished. All that's left on them is detail work, bolter and powerpacks and then basing.

I Brother_Angelus rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 thunderhawk gunship with turbolaser destructor from IA2:2nd Ed for a total value of 775pts, on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Potato quality before photo of basecoat:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/Thunderhawk_zpst4zxapcp.jpg

wub.png:wub:wub.png Unless we get a Titan pledged, this should be the largest single model vow pointswise. Can't wait to see it.

Thanks Jolemai, I need all the motivation I can get to finish her. Huge distractions at the moment with 2 new arrivals in the family.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/AvengingAngel/SherlockWatson6_zpsz4ve3vfe.jpg

Hopefully I can put a few hours in over the weekend and have some progress to show.

Hidden Content
To start... Click HERE and listen to the first quote starting at ~00:07 (it should take you to this time).

Done? Okay then. Good...

I, CHARLO HADES, CHAPTER MASTER OF THE SANGUINE VISION, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

• One Captain Karlaen
  • One Captain Tycho
  • Four Blood Angel Captains in Terminator Armour with Storm Shield and Valours Edge
  • One Vanguard Veteran squad with Jump packs: Four with Two Hand Flamers, Veteran Sergeant with Hand Flamer and Relic Blade
  • One Javelin Attack Speeder with Multi-Melta, Cyclone Missile Launcher, Two Hunter Killer Missiles and Searchlight
  • One Javelin Attack Speeder with Multi-Melta, Twin-linked Lascannons, Two Hunter Killer Missiles and Searchlight

...from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 2238 Points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20160519_223331_zpsr9wxwixi.jpg

• The "Javelin" Speeders are classic metal land speeders that i'll be converting with extra weapons - is this okay to count as?

Not quite as much as EDC but I don't have a load of easy-point vehicles to Vow msn-wink.gif

Well, the re-paitning bit put my mind at ease... tongue.png

As regards the Relics, yes you can vow as many as you want. Now the Javelin speeder is a substantially larger model than the old metal ones... I think, to be fair to those that may do an actual FW Javelin, two for the points of one? If you're ok with that, amend your total points accordingly and give me a heads-up so I can update the first page to reflect the change.

And don't regret anything! Regret is the first step to disappointment! ermm... wait... that doesn't sound right... unsure.png

Would i be able to use Sanguinary guard wings as storm shields for my assault terminator squad? Specifically a cataphractii terminators from B@C? I gave two of the hammers and plan on using the SG wings as the shields.

Yes - this is actually a very cool conversion! Go right ahead!

And I see that the BAs are starting to pile in the numbers! Good because the first week of recruitment is over and the more participants you get in, the greater the advantage. And I see that both of your brothers who completed have already re-vowed! Now that's the spirit!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Reclusiarch Gunzhard, first of his name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one squad of 10 Sniper Scouts with Camo Cloaks from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 140 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

gallery_37458_12006_221375.jpg

I'll start with this vow, but hopefully I can get through at least 3! ...these guys are from Anvil Industry Inc, I just love the models and the replacement heads they sell are great on regular scouts if you trim a little of the neck part off.

Sorry, where are those models from again? If the heads are decent I may have to get some rolleyes.gif

I, Moritan, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete

1 5-man Tactical Squad with Heavy Flamer and Veteran Sergeant equipped with Combi-Flamer and Power Axe

1 5-man Vanguard Squad with 4 pairs of Lightening Claws and Veteran Sergeant equipped with Plasma Pistol and Power Fist

from Codex: Blood Angels for a total value of 325 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Before Pics:

http://i.imgur.com/dpmNaeW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R9XEW80.jpg

Looking forward to seeing these complete, but also an army shot given how unique these are/will be.

I, LutherMax, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Commander Dante from Codex Blood Angels of total value 220 points, on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/01-Dante-01.jpg

Can't argue with the efficiency on points to model ratio msn-wink.gif When this is complete are you considering a subsequent vow?

Greetings, Brothers.

I, Red__Thirst, come to you seeking your support as I embark on the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX, and am placing my first Oath of Moment; I Vow to complete the Chaplain Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost from Codex: Blood Angels with a total value of 130 points. I shall complete this vow on or before August 15th, 2016.

May the wisdom of Sanguinius guide my hand, and his artisan soul inspire this to be my best model to date. Success will lend glory to my brothers in blood and fellow ETL Faction Blood Angels. I shall not fail, for failure is to be condemned and given the badge Oathbreaker till I complete my vow.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/20/801242_md-.jpg

(Jump pack is primed red, requisitioned it from another model and will be re-basing it in black before commencing painting)

Further Vows will be made soon. Till then, take it easy for now. cool.png

-Red__Thirst-

Hidden Content

Done? Okay then. Good...

• One Captain Karlaen
  • One Captain Tycho

...from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 2238 Points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

Well, the re-paitning bit put my mind at ease... tongue.png

As regards the Relics, yes you can vow as many as you want. Now the Javelin speeder is a substantially larger model than the old metal ones... I think, to be fair to those that may do an actual FW Javelin, two for the points of one? If you're ok with that, amend your total points accordingly and give me a heads-up so I can update the first page to reflect the change.

And don't regret anything! Regret is the first step to disappointment! ermm... wait... that doesn't sound right... unsure.png

No problem Captain - a fair ruling! My new total is edited above, but for conveniece it is: 2142 points

Archived