+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

@ Red__Thirst: Welcome to the ETL and good luck! This is my favourite mini of the entire BA range btw...

One day you'll have to show us your rendition of him ;)

I jikof vow to complete a 10 man tactical squad, Gabriel Seth and a drop pod from Codex: Blood Angels before 15/08/2016, for Sanguinius

Tactical Squad x 9, Heavy Flamer, Flamer, Tactical Sergeant Power Sword, Hand Flamer (180pts)

Drop Pod (35pts)

Gabriel Seth, Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers (155pts)

Total of 370 points

Are you painting the inside of the pod and if so, what colour? Are you opting for Chevrons? It should be good when you're done smile.png

I, Father Mapple, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Furioso Dreadnought with frag cannon and heavy flamer, and one Cassor the Damned, from Codex Blood Angerls of total value 270 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. For Sanguinius!

25871736360_16ae7effbc_c.jpg

25539822434_e09c7845c0_c.jpg

Haven't seen the inferno cannon used as a counts as frag cannon before. How bright are you planning on doing the wings?

I, The4thHorseman, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Librarian with Force Weapon, Psyker (ML2) and The Angel's Wing from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 115 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to the Death Company.

gallery_4171_7974_120390.jpg

Nice, quick start point thumbsup.gif Where did you get the jump pack from?

"Haven't seen the inferno cannon used as a counts as frag cannon before. How bright are you planning on doing the wings?"

@Jolemai - chaplains in my chapter are all white, to represent the purity of their purpose: destruction of all, like a super nova. So the wings will be a copper color, as the rest of the chassis will be primarily white. I use copper instead of gold for adornment as it goes better with white and the burgundy/Martin of other marines.

I feel a challenge coming on evildrcheese

Dark clouds gathered overhead, a premonition of things to come.

The cyclical nature of time is inescapable, whilst the great betrayal that pitted brother against brother happened over 10,000 years ago, it is burned ito the psyche of every space marine.

Now, albeit on a much smaller scale two brothers meet head-to-head threatening to undo what they and their kin have been working towards...

I'm up for a bit of friendly competition. :D

All I ask if that we don't overstretch ourselves and one (or both!) of us failing a vow and forfeiting the points from our other vows.

As a full disclosure I've not actually prepared for any subsequent vows. I honestly didn't know that I'd be able to complete one 3000pt vow when I decided to take on this crazy venture.

Still, if I've inspired some competition all the better, maybe it'll even motivate me to do another vow (assuming my wife doesn't divorce me for buying yet more toy solders).

In conclusion. It's on!

EDC

Don't forget to take note of who has the next biggest vow to you EDC....

And I have plenty more to paint after this!

Together we can rise the BA above our rivals, but come August 15th, a Champion will stand alone.

If my memory serves me, that's the old metal/finecast Chaos Raptor jumppack. I've used it myself, on my Jump Priest. It works very well as the Angel's Wing, in my opinion.

Together we can rise the BA above our rivals, but come August 15th, a Champion will stand alone.

Well, you doubled my vow...shots fired.

Well, you doubled my vow...shots fired.

Assault Cannon shots.

From my three Land-Speeders.

If my memory serves me, that's the old metal/finecast Chaos Raptor jumppack. I've used it myself, on my Jump Priest. It works very well as the Angel's Wing, in my opinion.

Yep. Exactly that. I think so far I have Hoarded like 15 Finecast ones. The Metal ones make the model to heavy they end up falling over.

I feel a challenge coming on evildrcheese

Dark clouds gathered overhead, a premonition of things to come.

The cyclical nature of time is inescapable, whilst the great betrayal that pitted brother against brother happened over 10,000 years ago, it is burned ito the psyche of every space marine.

Now, albeit on a much smaller scale two brothers meet head-to-head threatening to undo what they and their kin have been working towards...

I'm up for a bit of friendly competition. :D

All I ask if that we don't overstretch ourselves and one (or both!) of us failing a vow and forfeiting the points from our other vows.

As a full disclosure I've not actually prepared for any subsequent vows. I honestly didn't know that I'd be able to complete one 3000pt vow when I decided to take on this crazy venture.

Still, if I've inspired some competition all the better, maybe it'll even motivate me to do another vow (assuming my wife doesn't divorce me for buying yet more toy solders).

In conclusion. It's on!

EDC

If I get to 3000pts I will be well chuffed lol never mind getting above it. Got to get the completed forum points up after all

Very wise words. Friendly competition is great, but not at the expense of failed vows!

@Jolemai the scouts are these guys: http://anvilindustry.co.uk/Black-Ops-Sniper-Recon-Team

They have some excellent heads for scouts BUT you do need to shave a little off the neck for them to look right. I was lazy and just glued 10 of them and now they look - long necked haha. But obviously I'm not even using those anyway as the full Anvil sniper is just too awesome.

ETL update: so far I've only painted the cloaks, but I'm up in the air -- Camo pattern or not?!?!? ...I'm leaning towards no just because I have so much more I want to get through and I don't have time to practice on a dummy model, but it's tempting. Anyone have a good Camo recipe?

Don't do Camo. They'll blend in to the terrain and you'll leave them at the store. True story, a buddy did that almost every game. Even when he remembered to look for them, we'd find 4 of 5, or take 5 minutes hunting for them.

Paint nice bright red or chapter colors on it, and say that the capes are adaptive camouflage, much nicer than imperial guard, static, camo capes.

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

One, five man assault marine squad with two meltaguns and a melta pistol Veteran Sergeant.

One Baal predator with Heavy bolter sponsons and Pintle Storm Bolter

From Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 270 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Shame I have no way I could mark the sarge as a vet sarge sad.png (Edit: Thanks to an "okay" from Semper, Vet Sgt status was approved! smile.png )

gallery_40907_9492_476413.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_244524.jpg

One, five man assault marine squad with two meltaguns and a melta pistol Sergent.

From Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 260 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Shame I have no way I could mark the sarge as a vet sarge sad.png

Welcome aboard :) Any advice on how to get such a smooth coverage with a spray undercoat?

I did the smaller (standard supplied) bases first. Found they weren't large enough to do a decent job on the bases, so put some bigger bases on the next 5 to give room to work. Base of Mournfang Brown, cover with Agrellan Earth, Agrax Earth Shade wash, add Flayed one flesh drybrush, but apply all in circular weeping patterns.

One, five man assault marine squad with two meltaguns and a melta pistol Sergent.

From Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 260 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Shame I have no way I could mark the sarge as a vet sarge sad.png

Welcome aboard smile.png Any advice on how to get such a smooth coverage with a spray undercoat?

Well what you don't see is the times where I was too close to model which causes primer to pool up and remove some details wacko.png .

My biggest thing is making sure I spray when it isn't too hot. Summer has been early in my part of the US but Thursday was cold (and wet) so I took the opportunity.

Also, the sprayer of primer got clogged so I had to improvise. When I make my ETL thread, I will have to show everyone my jury-rigged solution biggrin.png .

Welcome aboard smile.png Any advice on how to get such a smooth coverage with a spray undercoat?

Well what you don't see is the times where I was too close to model which causes primer to pool up and remove some details wacko.png .

My biggest thing is making sure I spray when it isn't too hot. Summer has been early in my part of the US but Thursday was cold (and wet) so I took the opportunity.

Also, the sprayer of primer got clogged so I had to improvise. When I make my ETL thread, I will have to show everyone my jury-rigged solution biggrin.png .

Might I interest you gentlemen in joining the Holy Church of the Airbrush?

- Not toxic, so you dont have to wait for low humidity days

- Almost impossible to clog up the details with how thin airbrush base is

- Way cheaper over the long run

- Shading/objective light source gets easier

All this can be yours if you convert. Stop harming the planet with toxic gasses and building trash piles of empty cans. Join today!

I'd like to personally thank the British weather for stopping me from getting any real progress today :'(

I'd like to thank MARVEL for stopping any further progress, a new purchase of graphic novels has distracted me oops

Archived