+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

As promised Jolemai, here is my vow! Made it on the weekend (just) as I said msn-wink.gif Sorry for any mistakes and the poor photos, it's late and it's difficult to type properly with plasters on my fingers tongue.png

I, Arkaniss, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following:

Characters:

1 Captain with Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol and Boltgun

1 Chaplain

1 Mephiston, Lord of Death

1 Sanguinary Priest

Elites:

1 squad of 5 Death Company equipped with:

Jump Packs

Power Fist x3

Power Weapon

Thunder Hammer

1 squad of 10 Death Company equipped with:

Hand Flamer

Infernus Pistol

Plasma Pistol

Power Weapon

Power Fist x2

1 squad of 11 Death Company equipped with:

Hand Flamer

Infernus Pistol

Power Fist

Power Weapon

from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 1260 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

med_gallery_27469_12034_250085.jpg

Squad 1

med_gallery_27469_12034_382031.jpg

Squad 2

med_gallery_27469_12034_298287.jpg

Squad 3 (with Chaplain - need to pin his Crozius still!)

med_gallery_27469_12034_18871.jpg

Characters

med_gallery_27469_12034_336398.jpg

Group shot of-Emperor on his throne what have I gotten myself into?!

Your participation was never in doubt in my mind; we Blood Angels keep our promises after all ;)

Impressive vow too. At least they're uniform in colour so you can batch paint them. Be great to see them complete!

Since taking my proof a few days ago I have done this:
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/22/801925_sm-.JPG

May work some more one the amber lens, it doesn't look bright enough  compared to the green one.

I have also decided that the Tarantula base will feature a lone Crimson Tears veteran who is using the sentry gun to cover his rear and flanks while he faces somethin off base. Hes currently in many half painted pieces:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/22/801926_sm-.JPG

@ Arkaniss: Welcome - you certainly came in with a bang! biggrin.png Good luck!

@ Tykris: Absolutely. Just work out the total, take the pics, edit them all in your original vow post and give me a heads-up so I can update the first page.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Impressive vow too. At least they're uniform in colour so you can batch paint them. Be great to see them complete!

Your participation was never in doubt in my mind; we Blood Angels keep our promises after all msn-wink.gif

Thanks! I was worried about loads looking the same (since the old models have only 3 different bodies) but with various different bits and cutting and remodelling of arms I think they came out well smile.png I'll get better photos for my WIP shot which will hopefully show this.

@ Arkansas: Welcome - you certainly came in with a bang! biggrin.png Good luck!

@ Tykris: Absolutely. Just work out the total, take the pics, edit them all in your original vow post and give me a heads-up so I can update the first page.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Cheers Semper! I'm excited to be participating in my first ETL biggrin.png

To start... Click HERE and listen to the first quote starting at ~00:07 (it should take you to this time).

Done? Okay then. Good...

I, CHARLO HADES, CHAPTER MASTER OF THE SANGUINE VISION, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

• One Captain Karlaen
  • One Captain Tycho
  • One Librarian in Terminator Armour with Gallian's Staff and Storm-Shield
  • One Librarian in Terminator Armour with Force Axe and Combi-Weapon
  • Four Blood Angel Captains in Terminator Armour with Storm Shield and Valours Edge
  • One Chaplain on Bike with Power-Fist
  • One Vanguard Veteran squad with Jump packs: Four with Two Hand Flamers, Veteran Sergeant with Hand Flamer and Relic Blade
  • Three Land Speeders with Assault Cannon and Multi-Melta
  • Two Attack Bikes with Multi-Meltas
  • Two Bike Squads armed with Two Grav-Guns and Sergeant with Combi-Grav
  • One Javelin Attack Speeder with Multi-Melta, Cyclone Missile Launcher, Two Hunter Killer Missiles and Searchlight
  • One Javelin Attack Speeder with Multi-Melta, Twin-linked Lascannons, Two Hunter Killer Missiles and Searchlight
...from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 2142 Points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20160519_223331_zpsr9wxwixi.jpg

Couple of Q's and clarifications to Semper though:

• Any model with a bit of colour on will be stripped/ sprayed over.
  • The "Javelin" Speeders are classic metal land speeders that i'll be converting with extra weapons - is this okay to count as?
  • I assume we can vow a Relic any number of times? tongue.png
Not quite as much as EDC but I don't have a load of easy-point vehicles to Vow msn-wink.gif

[Oh god I'm going to regret all of that...]

Even with the modification that's a super vow - guess you'll be pushing me for largest BA army come next Apocalypse? msn-wink.gif

I, sockwithaticket, Crimson Tears Chapter Master, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chaplain with jump pack from Codex: Blood Angels (105) and one Tarantula with twin-linked lascannon from Imperial Armour vol. 2 2nd edition (35) for a total value of 140 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

Appreciated as always smile.png Make sure you submit that Tarantula to the photo thread!

I, Brother Lemartes, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Assault Terminator Squad 2x TH/SS 3x LC from Codex: Blood Angels for a total value of 210 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

They are going to look stunning in that gold wub.png

I, Boudan, again rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following: Captain (Artificer Armor, Storm Shield, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Power Fist and Thunderhammer); Contemptor-pattern Dreadnought with Blood Fist and Assault Cannon; and one (1) Assault Squad with Sergeant (Thunderhammer, Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs), two (2) Plasmaguns and (3) Assault Marines w/ close combat weapons, all from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 572 points on or before August 15th, 2016.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels Sub-forum and the Lamenters Chapter, while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete!

Captain

Assault Squad

6th Assault Marine

Plasmaguns

Dreadnought

Always impressed by the Lamenters Chapter during the ETL happy.png Now if only some of our other Successors could step up...

I, Nicodemus Doloroso, Chapter Master of the Angels Sorrowful, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Chaplain with jump pack and Inferno Pistol and a Death Company Dreadnought with Blood Talons and Magna Grapple from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 260 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

Initial WIP pictures:

med_gallery_66537_10027_282557.jpg

med_gallery_66537_10027_363278.jpg

@Boudan -- let us bring glory to the Lamenters and their successors!

What colour scheme are you opting for with the Chaplain and Dreadnought? I mean, are you sticking to your Chapter colours for them or do you use the regular colours?

I think it's about time I drop LotR to honour my Chapter...

I, SlangWhanger, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Stormraven with Hurricane bolter sponsons, Typhoon missile launcher, searchlight, and locator beacon (266) and 10 Death Company with Jump packs, 3 power fists, 3 power weapons, and 2 hand flamers (370) from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 636 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

#potatocam

27156227516_8cebaced7f_z.jpg

26583549964_db9c65129a_z.jpg

Good luck to all, and may we do the IXth proud.

I, SlangWhanger, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Stormraven with Hurricane bolter sponsons, Typhoon missile launcher, searchlight, and locator beacon (266) and 10 Death Company with Jump packs, 3 power fists, 3 power weapons, and 2 hand flamers (370) from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 636 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

#potatocam

Thanks for your support and with note vows we will do the IXth and her Successors proud!

What are you using for the Locator Beacon?

Even with the modification that's a super vow - guess you'll be pushing me for largest BA army come next Apocalypse? msn-wink.gif

Perhaps...!

How many points did you have again?

I just have a back-log of eBay purchases since I got back into the hobby with the new 'dex. Can't really justify more purchases until it's cleared... He says, after buying a Leviathan for his Death Guard last night...

You would also not believe how tempted I am by a Thunderhawk just to get the "easy" 700+ pts of Vow in........"

Perhaps...!

I just have a back-log of eBay purchases since I got back into the hobby with the new 'dex. Can't really justify more purchases until it's cleared... He says, after buying a Leviathan for his Death Guard last night...

You would also not believe how tempted I am by a Thunderhawk just to get the "easy" 700+ pts of Vow in........"

I was upwards of 9k before brushing the dust of the Eldar player's BA to push to over 13k.

Perhaps...!

I was upwards of 9k before brushing the dust of the Eldar player's BA to push to over 13k.

eek.gif I think I was struggling to get to about 5k, but I suppose after the ETL I should be rivaling you before the Xenos reinforcements ;)

What are you using for the Locator Beacon?

Terminator teleport homer. Use them for my Drop pods too so I can remember if i've given the upgrade

Perfect ;)

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

+++FIRST WEEKLY UPDATE+++

And at last, on to the weekly stats:

E TENEBRAE LUX V – Week 1
FactionParticipantsVows Points pledged Completions RateCodex 48 48 35,225 734 1.4% Blood Angels 32 34 17,277 818 4.7% Dark Angels 38 39 26,575 275 1.0% Space Wolves 43 43 34,380 0 0.0% Forces of the Imperium 25 25 14,069 81 0.6% Realm of Chaos 50 50 52,018 170 0.3% Horus Heresy 73 74 75,995 2,919 3.8% TOTAL 309 313 255,539 4,753 1.9%

And let’s see each Faction one by one:

BLOOD ANGELS

The Blood Angels seem to have a lot of commitment and momentum but unless their recruitment drive is not accelerated they’d be in a significant disadvantage. Last year, in the first week, they had 40 participants already which does not compare favorably with the 32 for this year… Another thing that causes concern is the low average vow. This is the lowest in the ETL and is something that historically plagues the Blood Angels. It seems that no matter how many participants they have, the Blood Angels just don’t vow big! Now there are exceptions of course, but at just north of 500pts the average vow seems to be by far the weakest point at this stage. On the positive side, the BAs have the highest completion rate at this point, and this is encouraging as it will allow for early re-vowing thus increasing the multiplier effect. So keep on recruiting, and hopefully new blood (pun intended) will bring in more points per vow!

AS A LAST POINT I’D LIKE TO HIGHLIGHT TWO THINGS:

1. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SUBMITTED “BEFORE” PICS, WHEN YOU DO TAKE THEM, PLEASE EDIT THEM IN YOUR ORIGINAL VOW POST!

2. PLEASE ALL OF YOU CHECK THE SECOND POST OF YOUR STRATEGIUM TO MAKE SURE YOUR VOW IS CORRECTLY DEPICTED AND LINKED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES.

So until next week, keep the new recruits coming!!! biggrin.png

Just posting this up for posterity and for those who haven't read it yet. As you can see we're doing well on completions and everything else remains steady, but that doesn't mean we don't need you to join in! If you are reading this and currently unaligned, then why not throw your helmet into the BA ring?

Jolemai asked:

What colour scheme are you opting for with the Chaplain and Dreadnought? I mean, are you sticking to your Chapter colours for them or do you use the regular colours?

Angels Sorrowful Death Company use regular colours for the most part, with the exception that their weapon casings are purple, plus they have the chequy chapter heraldry on their left pauldrons. So the chaplain will be black, with red flayed muscle armour, purple inferno pistol casing, and purple cord holding his Terminator Honours. The Dread will look pretty much like a normal BA DC dread, only difference will be purple casings on the melta and storm bolter. I'll probably try to put some chequy heraldry somewhere on him too.

I posted a WIP pic of the chaplain in my army's WIP thread (see signature)

Almost finished with Hazriel. Hoping it will be finished tonight! While paint was drying I pinned Astorath together, and He's prepped for priming. No pictures right now, but I'm going to paint Astorath and the Drop Pod at the same time so I can start Vow #2. I'm pretty excited it's going both so fast and so smoothly so far!

Keep up the great work Fraters! And I apologize I'm such a slow painter! Lol.

#potatocam

Hidden Content

Welcome SlangWhanger, good to see reinforcements arrive in the BA camp! Good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Gotta finish that paint by numbers of Sanguinius at the Siege of Terra somehow!

But yes - this is what has been achieved:

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/bd93328d-4b92-424d-b4e8-965cc0eb5796_zpsa2dbkxgk.jpg

Everything is a delicious matte black!

Halfords Matte Black Primer is just. SO. GREAT!

Archived