+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

To those who are considering making their first vow, even if you can't start painting until the 12th August it is imperative to get it registered by the 15th June otherwise you can't take part.

Why delay, pledge your allegiance today!

Hopefully our second update will bring some good news, we've had a good number of new vows.

Vow update: Feeling happier with the red basecoat, maybe it just feels good to he painting red :D. Busy weekend revising ahead, but hoping to get the base coat down on everything.

EDC

Just an update. No pictures at the moment.

Astorath' face has a base coat and I'm transitioning him to the gold bits of his armor. Definitely needs some tidy up after this part, parts of the model are very small indeed. Otherwise I'm fairly happy with how he's turning out.

Update on the Drop Pod. Just dry brushed the hatch doors, but I'm left with pause. There are a few streaks, and I may have brushed on too much paint at once. I'm going to go over it again after it dries to see if I can make it look more smooth. I'm rubbish with a dry brush, which is frustrating because it is suppose to be easier to do. *sighs*

Otherwise those hiccups aside progress is being made!

Starting small this time!

I mozley rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 5 Man tactical Squad, with Heavy flamer, Power weapon & hand flamer from Codex Blood Angels of total value 105 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Angles Sanguine (Blood Angels) and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

I finished my chaplain and got started on the DC Dreadnought last night. Will post pics later today, probably in my PLOG, saving the finished product for the ETL thread.

The DC Dread paints up a lot faster than the Chaplain ... I might be able to finish my first vow by the next of next week.

Vow update: Mostly revision for my exam today, but i did seek a couple of hours of hobby in. The Storm Ravens are about 90% basecoated, just 1 set of wings and a few minor bits to do. After that, 3 rhino chassis and a LR chassis to basecoat and then the dreads and infantry...

Slowly but surely.

EDC

I mozley rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 5 Man tactical Squad, with Heavy flamer, Power weapon & hand flamer from Codex Blood Angels of total value 105 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Angles Sanguine (Blood Angels) and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Glad to have you with us! A small vow or not, every little helps and it can be a platform towards something greater :)

Great to see progress here! Remember, your best bet is to vow and re-vow. Even small vows will go a long way... :tu:

Welcome mozley! As I said above, the trick is to complete relatively fast and move on to the next vow! The multiplier effect will do the rest. Please remember to edit the "before" pics in your original post above so that everything will be nice and tidy! Good luck! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@SM1981 - thanks! My recipe for the blue on power weapons is a base of Caledor Sky then dry brush with Ice Blue (the latter is an old pot so you'd have to look on a conversion table for the current equivalent).

For purple I do Naggaroth Night base --> layer of Xereus Purple --> highlight Genestealer Purple --> then wash with Drucchi Violet shade.

Archived