+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Vow update

Tactical Squad Drazen finished at 01:30am this morning. Was determined to finish it

gallery_60125_10855_92138.jpg

Terminator squad Lorenzo next then onto vow 2

Great work! Any chance for some close ups?

In other news, a local gamer fleamarket saw me picking up 2 landspeeders and an original metal Furioso for a song. The Dread will be embiggened, then vowed, sometime.

Nice work!

I particularly like that second guy from the left, the pose is excellent, and I'll probably steal the low held bolter, and bracing legs!

"The Scarface", or maybe Mac from Predator. Sweet pose indeed!

I, Slothysaur, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX V and vow to complete Chapter Master Dante (worth 220 points) on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

Here is my promised picture of the completed Chaplain with jump pack and inferno pistol:

Hidden Content

med_gallery_66537_10027_304729.jpg

Half done my first vow. Now onto the DC Dread.

Awesome Chaplain there Nicodemus! And a brave choice to go for purple which actually worked very well! :tu:

Vow update

Tactical Squad Drazen finished at 01:30am this morning. Was determined to finish it

Hidden Content

gallery_60125_10855_92138.jpg

Terminator squad Lorenzo next then onto vow 2

Congratulations gav! You may have stayed up late but this sure was worth it! Now I have not added the second vow yet, I assume you'll make it official once you worked out the details?

I, Slothysaur, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX V and vow to complete Chapter Master Dante (worth 220 points) on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

Welcome to the ETL! The BAs are definitely in need for new blood (pun intended) so it's great timing chose to join in! Good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Slothysaur, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX V and vow to complete Chapter Master Dante (worth 220 points) on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

Not getting many Dante models this year but it's always a joy to see them painted! Welcome aboard :)

Captainsemper. Still have my terminator squad to finish then vow 1 will be complete. Second vow I'm working points for should be about 1000 ish points if I don't run out of paint first.

Jolemai I have a Dante but I just can't face doing another fail cast model at the minute as the axe has snapped before I've even done anything might have to chop the arm off and use a SG arm instead if I'm going to vow him.

Xenith steal away lol

Jolemai I have a Dante but I just can't face doing another fail cast model at the minute as the axe has snapped before I've even done anything might have to chop the arm off and use a SG arm instead if I'm going to vow him.

Haha, mine was the lead version and the axe was broken before I had even opened the blister...

I also have an amputee Dante to paint at some point in time - and was thinking about some customisation too. The problem is the difference in scale between the older models and newer ones means swapping parts out isn't as straight forward as you'do like it to be.

Nice work!

I particularly like that second guy from the left, the pose is excellent, and I'll probably steal the low held bolter, and bracing legs!

"The Scarface", or maybe Mac from Predator. Sweet pose indeed!

Yes! That's exactly what it is, I guess it was in my subconscious somewhere.

Captainsemper. Still have my terminator squad to finish then vow 1 will be complete. Second vow I'm working points for should be about 1000 ish points if I don't run out of paint first.

Xenith steal away lol

OK gav - corrected! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So is it not just me and finecast just seems harder to paint too? Not that I'm an exceptional painter or anything, but so far I can't paint Dante quite as well as my plastic models

So is it not just me and finecast just seems harder to paint too? Not that I'm an exceptional painter or anything, but so far I can't paint Dante quite as well as my plastic models

The only fail cast models I own are the Lord Executioner and 10 Eldar Rangers. I have yet to work on the Lord Executioner; But that will soon be fixed! :) 

However this forum being for Imperials I will not taint this thread with my Xenos models uploads to show you my experiences. I find it isn't painting that is harder, but traveling is. Those damned rifles break all the time.

It's not the painting I find a problem it's the fact that it might as well be made of cheese as all my fail cast models seem to snap at will

Weird. I've not had any real problems with finecast and found painting them great as the details are really crisp. I did manage to break the too off my Terminator Libby's banner thing, but I think this is more an issue with my transporting models with pokey bits on top as the same happened with my Karlean.

EDC

Archived