+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

http://i.imgur.com/f8BpxWF.jpg

Unlike other battle-squads in the 5th Company, Vanguard Squad Azyros is not named after a stalwart captain or great hero of the Angels Encarmine but rather a mythical figure revered by the indigenous people of Agrellax. Besides worshiping the God-Emperor of Mankind, the population of this feral world has adopted many totemic idols into their religion. While more puritan elements among the Ecclesiarchy may protest this as heretical, said worship is still well within the bounds of the Imperial Creed provided that the Emperor remains at the top of the Agrellaxian pantheon. Azyros itself is widely depicted as a vast predatory creature in myth, bird-like in appearance and possessing of great raking talons that it uses to terrifying effect as it swoops down upon its foes. It is no wonder then that Veteran Sergeant Lucanis and his battle-brothers were greeted with awe and reverence by the native population when they first set foot upon Agrellax, garlands of energy rippling over their lightening claws. Moved by their faith, Lucanis honored the natives' beliefs by adopting Azyros as the moniker of his Vanguard Squad. 

In battle, the brothers of Vanguard Squad Azyros fall upon the enemy on hissing plumes of fire. Those not pulped beneath descending boots are carved into ribbons by adamantium talons sheathed in lethal power fields. Armor and flesh alike are torn asunder by each powerful strike. Those who are saved by these encarmine warriors recall three distinct sounds before they are delivered from danger. The howling roar of working jump packs. The terrified cries of the doomed enemy. And the strange avian shriek, a noise that could not possibly come from a human or Astartes throat.

My vow is now complete. Quick question before I go for another. I have four Death Company that are not painted as of yet. Can I vow them even though the minimum squad for DC is 5 marines?

Vow #2 Complete!

Pics of Assault Squad and Contemptor were posted previously. I like to imagine that this unnamed captain led the Lamenters as Chapter Master in the rebuilding of the chapter, after it narrowly survived a penitence crusade and a murderous run-in with the Tyranid menace. This is non-canonical, of course, but I can dream.

Front

Left side

Right side

If in doubt, take a Thunder Hammer, Power Fist, and a Storm Shield!

Great work mate!

My vow is now complete. Quick question before I go for another. I have four Death Company that are not painted as of yet. Can I vow them even though the minimum squad for DC is 5 marines?

That's a fabulous-looking VAS you have there :) As for your query, it's legal units only (so at least five for the DC). Any hints as to what you've got planned?

Vow #2 Complete!

Pics of Assault Squad and Contemptor were posted previously. I like to imagine that this unnamed captain led the Lamenters as Chapter Master in the rebuilding of the chapter, after it narrowly survived a penitence crusade and a murderous run-in with the Tyranid menace. This is non-canonical, of course, but I can dream.

Front

Left side

Right side

I do love how the Lamenters turn out in force for these events:) what have you got up your sleeve for vow three? Loads of time left...

OK, I hope I have not missed anything... Quite a lot of activity here! thumbsup.gif

I Leonaides rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a terminator Librarian from Codex Blood Angels of total value [TBC when i see my codex again] on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Again, dragged kicking and screaming to the painting tables!

Good to see you back Leonaides! When you work out the points please edit them in your initial post but also alert me to the fact so I can update the first page. And don't forget the "before" pic. msn-wink.gif

FIRST VOW COMPLETE!

Hidden Content

med_gallery_66537_10027_369717.jpg

med_gallery_66537_10027_304729.jpg

... and I'm "upping the ante" for vow #2 to bring glory to the Blood Angels faction:

VOW #2

I, Nicodemus Doloroso, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Razorback with Lascannon and Twin-Linked Plasma gun, a Bike Squad with meltabombs (sergeant) and 2x Gravguns, and a Storm Raven Gunship with Twin-Linked Autocannon and Twin-Linked Multimelta, all from Codex Blood Angels of total value 383 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

WIP pics:
Hidden Content

med_gallery_66537_10027_235404.jpg

[i'll be purchasing the Storm Raven later today, pic to be posted once assembled]

Congratulations Nicodemus! Excellent work on both items, and can't wait for those bikes and tank! The big advantage of an early completion is the ability to re-vow with a good chance to complete again! Good luck!

Seriously quick vow and good colours; looking forward to the Techmarine!

When the Emperor moves you... and it's raining and the wife is away. Also, Vow #2 Complete!

gallery_22439_838_642077.jpg

Also, since I need to step up my game, I suppose I should do a more serious vow:

I, Lucumon, rise to the challengeof E TENEBRAE LUX, and vow to complete 1x Imperial Knight Warden with an Ironstorm Missile Pod and Sanctuary (420) along with 1x Imperial Knight Paladin with an Ironstorm Missile Pod (405) from Codex: Imperial Knights for a total value of 825 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to the Death Company.

gallery_22439_1100_1291283.jpg

How is this Captain Semper for size?

I've been told that size doesn't matter... blush.png

Seriously though, that looks AWESOME! Congratulations and good luck!

I MrFlutterPie rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Furioso Dreadnought armed with a frag cannon, powerfist and melta gun from Codex Blood Angels for a total value of 130 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring redemption and glory to the doomed Flesh Tearers and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Hidden Content

http://i.imgur.com/czzHm9P.jpg

Welcome to the ETL and good luck with that Dread! thumbsup.gif

Unlike other battle-squads in the 5th Company, Vanguard Squad Azyros is not named after a stalwart captain or great hero of the Angels Encarmine but rather a mythical figure revered by the indigenous people of Agrellax. Besides worshiping the God-Emperor of Mankind, the population of this feral world has adopted many totemic idols into their religion. While more puritan elements among the Ecclesiarchy may protest this as heretical, said worship is still well within the bounds of the Imperial Creed provided that the Emperor remains at the top of the Agrellaxian pantheon. Azyros itself is widely depicted as a vast predatory creature in myth, bird-like in appearance and possessing of great raking talons that it uses to terrifying effect as it swoops down upon its foes. It is no wonder then that Veteran Sergeant Lucanis and his battle-brothers were greeted with awe and reverence by the native population when they first set foot upon Agrellax, garlands of energy rippling over their lightening claws. Moved by their faith, Lucanis honored the natives' beliefs by adopting Azyros as the moniker of his Vanguard Squad.
In battle, the brothers of Vanguard Squad Azyros fall upon the enemy on hissing plumes of fire. Those not pulped beneath descending boots are carved into ribbons by adamantium talons sheathed in lethal power fields. Armor and flesh alike are torn asunder by each powerful strike. Those who are saved by these encarmine warriors recall three distinct sounds before they are delivered from danger. The howling roar of working jump packs. The terrified cries of the doomed enemy. And the strange avian shriek, a noise that could not possibly come from a human or Astartes throat.

Congratulations on Squad Azyros! - they look as Marines should look! thumbsup.gif

Now please keep in mind that you can only pledge legal units in the ETL. If you cannot find another miniature to make it a total of 5 PM me and we'll try to work out a solution...

I can see that the BAs are responding well and springing into action! This is excellent as the ETL has already become a 10% completion rate affair - so you guys definitely keep-up the pace. The gap in the participation levels remains but is narrowing, which means there should be no respite. As it stands right now, it falls on proportionally fewer to make up the lack of numbers so you should aim for a very high completion rate among first vows and a best-in-class re-vowing rate. Right now you are at a 10% re-vowing rate but that's where the Codex is and only slightly better than the 9% of HH crowd... So try to finish your first vows early on and don't pass on the opportunity to re-vow!

Well done everybody, a very productive three days there! thumbsup.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

We can indeed! I think the argument went that they're essentially factionless in terms of how easily they fit into other lists.

Anyhow, I've managed to start basing on my vow. With luck, I'll be able to get a picture up in my original post, and get them undercoated before class tomorrow!

Knights are Universal units in the ETL - any faction can have them as they fit in any faction from a background perspective and there is no dedicated forum for them here in the B&C. So free for all! :D

Jolemai, did you get my PM?

I did and I'll get round to it as soon as I can. Blame Nurgle (and work).

No problem, it doesn't need a lengthy response, just compliments or invectives as necessary.

Jolemai, did you get my PM?

I did and I'll get round to it as soon as I can. Blame Nurgle (and work).

When in doubt, blame Nurgle. ;)

So, I've been really busy with IRL stuff. Long story short, my wife's Grandmother passed away earlier this week so most of my free/hobby time has been dedicated to travel/family obligations. Anyways, I have been able to get a bit of painting done, but not much. I'll get some pictures uploaded for motivation and encouragement.

Great seeing all the fine hobbying done! Keep it up gents!

When in doubt, blame Nurgle. msn-wink.gif

I'm serious!

My family has been struck down with chickenpox meaning my painting is on hold.

I call shenanigans and gamesmanship from the Chaos camp!!!

We're still waiting for Aspirant #2 to get it. Aspirant #1 is OK now but I've painted brown bits on just four models this past week down.gif

Still calling shenanigans. Interesting how the Inner Circle turns a blind eye when Chaos are involved ...

whistlingW.gif

whistlingW.gif

whistlingW.gif

*eye twitches*

I... Uhhh.... WHAT.

*Glances Nervously at the Renegade box*

...Though I assume the FW Knights count too?

Is anyone reading the rules? :rolleyes:

All Knights, of any kind are open for all. It's an easy way to deal with these highly popular units that although they have a Codex they do not have a specific B&C forum associated with them. Anyways I may review this rule in the next ETL but for now all Knights are fair game.

Yeeessss, dooo iiiiiit.

Captain Sempor, I've edited my original post with a pic of my vow.

Great! Good luck! :tu:

When in doubt, blame Nurgle. msn-wink.gif

I'm serious!

My family has been struck down with chickenpox meaning my painting is on hold.

I call shenanigans and gamesmanship from the Chaos camp!!!

We're still waiting for Aspirant #2 to get it. Aspirant #1 is OK now but I've painted brown bits on just four models this past week down.gif

Still calling shenanigans. Interesting how the Inner Circle turns a blind eye when Chaos are involved ...

whistlingW.gif

whistlingW.gif

whistlingW.gif

whistlingW.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Not long left to secure your pace on the BA train, which is set to depart in thirteen days. Currently we are up on the numbers for ETL II and ETL III, while we are close to those who joined for ETL I. Surely we can top that?!?

Archived