+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Tremendous progress everyone! Completions and WIPs in full swing!

@ Riot Earp: A beautiful Sanguinor there - excellent work on the feathers - congratulations! And a follow-up vow nonetheless! Those Termies will look amazing in BA livery!

@ Slothysaur: Congratulations man! thumbsup.gif Good to see you're making a follow-up too! Good luck!

@ Xenith: I really like that clean, well-defined approach - very Blood Angely! thumbsup.gif Good luck with the rest of the vows.

Last year we were still riding the wave of a relatively recent model release and codex that hadn't yet been shown up as completely inferior to the codices that came after it. Thats how I remember it at least, keeping track of time and when things happened isn't my greatest attribute.

I never expect us to win this thing anyway, just go down swinging. Much like Sanguinius. The shift to factoring in completion rates helps, but, frankly, the combined Angels of Death, Heresy and Chaos forums are just too big for a single chapter sub-forum like us, DA, SW or GK to really stand too much of a chance of beating them. All we can do is enough to be able to say we gave it our best shot, sometimes that has to suffice.

I beg to differ. Let me remind you that the DAs actually won the ETL as did the Templars - both strictly single-Codex factions. The Chaos crowd will go on for ever whining about how weak their Codex is and how few builds out of it are remotely competitive. Their range is also not brand new either. Yet in the last two ETLs they have dominated the landscape. Angels of death, despite the attention they get from GW, the wealth of (new) miniatures and a new Codex way more frequently than anybody else, have failed so far to achieve the top position. So linking the gaming reality with the ETL is not the way to explain faction performance. Certainly I'm not convinced that the release of a single Termie Captain miniature last year, resulted in the doubling of the BA participation compared to the year before.

I think it really difficult to find a linear way to explain the ETL trends... We can discuss this further via PM or publicly after the end of the event as not to shift the focus of this thread.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I can't believe we're only at 10% completions. Seems like we've had way more ... With only 40 some participants 10% is only 4. We've definitely had more than that.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain the completion rate is based on the % of points completed rather than the number of vows. So whilst we've had a decent # of completions they only make up 10% of the total points pledged. This is where our low average vow begins to hurt us.

EDC

Out of Likes again, I think everyone should get a temporary boost to their maximum Likes over the course of the ETL tongue.png

Some more WIP shots - starting to see the light at the end of the very dark DC tunnel! Jump Pack DC are 99% done - I forgot a blood drop...

Hidden Content

gallery_27469_12034_141758.jpg

Group shot - foot DC are pretty much done, just awaiting their backpacks. Will probably leave them to last!

Hidden Content

gallery_27469_12034_169654.jpg

A detail shot. It's been a long haul but now I've gotten so far it's all worth it biggrin.png

Hidden Content

gallery_27469_12034_432476.jpg

I can't believe we're only at 10% completions. Seems like we've had way more ... With only 40 some participants 10% is only 4. We've definitely had more than that.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain the completion rate is based on the % of points completed rather than the number of vows. So whilst we've had a decent # of completions they only make up 10% of the total points pledged. This is where our low average vow begins to hurt us.

EDC

Ahhh, yes that would explain it.

Just on a side note, for the sake of points and rule of cool, what if someone pledged a full 15 man squad of death company with all of them equipped with jump packs and 2 powerfists each? That one vow is 1,095 points. and would be super easy to paint, when you would ever field that unit is beyond me. However I believe that it would take all the shots from your opponent. If you ever attempted it.

Just on a side note, for the sake of points and rule of cool, what if someone pledged a full 15 man squad of death company with all of them equipped with jump packs and 2 powerfists each? That one vow is 1,095 points. and would be super easy to paint, when you would ever field that unit is beyond me. However I believe that it would take all the shots from your opponent. If you ever attempted it.

As someone who's painting 26 Death Company I really think that it's not quite so easy :P Though seeing 15 DC all dual wielding Power Fists would be a sight to remember!

@ Xenith: I really like that clean, well-defined approach - very Blood Angely! thumbsup.gif Good luck with the rest of the vows.

Hey, thanks!

I was wondering: Since the Librarian I vowed has been killed by spray paint - if I can't strip him successfully/destroy him in he process, I assume we can be lenient on the vow completions, etc? :D

EDC

That's it. ^

As this is a points based event, what people really need to see is what percentage of the pledged points is actually completed. This is also the ratio that will weigh the completed points in the end o the event to work out each factions final score.

First off you need to model it accordingly. Saying they all have two power fists but the models show different configurations won't cut it. Not even as "count-as".

But if you model them and paint them, you'll get the points. I assume it's a legal load out - haven't checked the Codex...

@ Xenith: I really like that clean, well-defined approach - very Blood Angely! :tu: Good luck with the rest of the vows.

Hey, thanks!

I was wondering: Since the Librarian I vowed has been killed by spray paint - if I can't strip him successfully/destroy him in he process, I assume we can be lenient on the vow completions, etc? :D

The Inner Circle? Lenient? But of course, that's what we're famous for! :D

Looking great, everyone. Nice looking models everywhere I look! I'm plugging away on my first vow. I haven't gotten any pictures of progress yet but I've got all the VV base colors down and almost done with the nulin oil wash. I think this is the biggest painting project I've done since last year's ETL. I have been meaning to do some DC, but I don't think I have enough fists/hammers to have them all dual wielding them... Still a great idea. Like if you're doing an Archangels Sanguine Wing formation and figure the normal cost for all those power weapons/combis.

The Death Company looked lonely so I gave them a friend. Quite pleased with how fast I finished him, was definitely nice to paint a different model. It is late though so don't expect a decent photo tongue.png

Hidden Content

gallery_27469_12034_341795.jpg

Bad ass looking Fragioso, Hannibaal!

I've had a productive weekend, I've finally finished base coating everything! Woooo!

Furthermore, I've got the first hightlight down on two (and a half) Storm Ravens. Unfortunately I'm probably only going to get 1 decent evening of hobbying this week due to other commitments. (Boo!)

Hopefully the pace should increase a bit now, but I'm starting to feel a niggle of panic (only 70 days to go!)

EDC

Archived